• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos trade a 6th for Bridgewater

sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'm fine with this. Bridgewater has connections to Shumer & Paton. No downside at all. Is he great? Nope but now you can also draft a qb in lower rounds or still trade for Minshew tho I doubt it. And we can trade back for more pieces.
    Bronco Bob

Comment

Of available vet QBs, Bridgewater is as good as any. Maybe a bit better because he has worked with Shurmur and his offense before.

A needed addition to the QB room. For either Lock or #9.

Comment

Exactly what I didn’t want to happen.

Comment

The Decision 2.0.......ugh

Comment

This is good. Gives Lock a real veteran presence behind him and we don’t have to burn #9 on the QB that fell. Offseason is moving so well. Really excited for the draft!
            "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

I'm telling ya, we want Watson. I would almost put money we trade back for picks next year for more collateral.
              I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
              I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
              I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
              "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
              God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
              Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

This move to me spells doom for drew lock

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  This move to me spells doom for drew lock
                  It does, but that's not a bad thing for either party imo

Comment

Personally, I appreciate the insurance policy this provides us. If Lock struggles again this year, at the very least we have a competent backup ready to go. I love this move.

Comment

I was initially disappointed just because I was so focused on getting a QB in the 1st round and I thought this took us out of that discussion.

Paton has always maintained that he wanted to bring in competition at QB. This falls exactly in line with what he’s been saying this whole time.

If Lock stays, this should be an intense competition in training camp for the starting job in 2021 between him and Teddy Bridgewater.

The other scenario is interesting. Schefter himself tweeted that this does not take us out of the QB market tomorrow night. Carolina took on $7M to offload Teddy. There was also a restructure to make Teddy a free agent in 2022. What does this mean? It makes Teddy the perfect bridge QB this season. He brings veteran leadership and experience to the QB room. Teddy would be the ideal mentor for a rookie QB— taking on the “Tyrod Taylor” role and starting games while the rookie sits and develops. Not only that, but Teddy is a good decision-maker, accurate, and doesn’t turn the ball over. This isn’t a tank-job like Flacco. Add in the possibility that we trade Lock sometime during the draft? We could very well take a QB in the 1st round tomorrow after all.
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Exactly what I thought they should do...
                        I Love Orange Crush!

Comment

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                          I'm fine with this.
                          Same. Low-risk and haven't given up much to get him.

Comment

3 mil guaranteed this year due Teddy. 2022 voided from trade.

Not my plan A or plan B but considering 31 other teams out there doing their thing and my Plan A retired ... guess it is what we roll with.

Better to have Teddy for 3 mil than Driskel for 3.25 mil....those Driskel will be getting us 0.75 mil dead cap now
                            Last edited by Hadez; 04-28-2021, 11:32 AM.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              I was initially disappointed just because I was so focused on getting a QB in the 1st round and I thought this took us out of that discussion.

Paton has always maintained that he wanted to bring in competition at QB. This falls exactly in line with what he’s been saying this whole time.

If Lock stays, this should be an intense competition in training camp for the starting job in 2021 between him and Teddy Bridgewater.

The other scenario is interesting. Schefter himself tweeted that this does not take us out of the QB market tomorrow night. Carolina took on $7M to offload Teddy. There was also a restructure to make Teddy a free agent in 2022. What does this mean? It makes Teddy the perfect bridge QB this season. He brings veteran leadership and experience to the QB room. Teddy would be the ideal mentor for a rookie QB— taking on the “Tyrod Taylor” role and starting games while the rookie sits and develops. Not only that, but Teddy is a good decision-maker, accurate, and doesn’t turn the ball over. This isn’t a tank-job like Flacco. Add in the possibility that we trade Lock sometime during the draft? We could very well take a QB in the 1st round tomorrow after all.
                              This article is saying we got him for a 6th and $3 MIL:

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-tr...6th-round-pick

Carolina is paying $7 million of Bridgewater's $10 million in guaranteed money for 2021, NFL Network's Michael Silver reported, meaning the Broncos are acquiring a legitimate option under center for just a late-round pick and $3 million this season.

I haven't seen anything confirming he's a FA as of next year, but that does get us off the hook for anything other than that $3 MIL. So as of right now my feeling is Bridgewater>Driskel.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                              X