No announcement yet.

Broncos trade a 6th for Bridgewater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Bridgewater's addition means Denver isn't trading up for a QB.

Time to trade down, add some picks to solidify the OL, D,
    and maybe get another O-weapon like Rondale Moore.

Comment

Good move. Vet QB for only a 6th and only $3 mil on the cap. Can’t get a much better situation than that. He can start; he can be a backup/insurance in case Lock struggles again. Adds a lot of flexibility to our QB situation. I like it.

Go Broncos!
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
        I hope Bridgewater's addition means Denver isn't trading up for a QB.

Time to trade down, add some picks to solidify the OL, D,
        and maybe get another O-weapon like Rondale Moore.
        Moore is only 5'7 i trust Hamler more.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Moore is only 5'7 i trust Hamler more.
          Who said as an adult you could only have one ice cream scoop?

Comment

Those are one-scoop guys?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think this means that we are drafting a QB tomorrow - even more than I did before the trade. I think we are done with Lock and Teddy is here to start while Fields or Lance get ready. I think they sit and both are there at #9 (assuming SF takes Jones). I am not sad about this, I think Lance or Fields learning from Teddy puts us in a much better place. I want to trust Lock, just think it may be over.

Comment

I dont get what you mean I just can't remember the last time a wr was successful under 5'9
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  Yes Way To Go GM Paton LOL NOT.

Bridgewater had plenty of opportunity last season to establish himself as the Panthers' starter moving forward, but instead he saw his numbers go steadily down as the season concluded, and neither coach Matt Rhule nor GM Scott Fitterer would commit to him as the starter for the 2021 season.

Bridgewater had only one touchdown pass in the fourth quarter all season and was 0-8 in games in which the Panthers had a chance to win or tie on their last possession.

Horrible move IMO. Oh well what is done is done. Come on Drew Lock time to shine in 2021 time to put Drew in Josh Allen 2.0 conversation 2021. I hope Teddy never sees the field in Denver.
                  Is he better than Driskel though?
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Those are one-scoop guys?
                    Yes, each player is a type of ice cream scoop.

Together, Hamler and Moore would make a tasty sundae
                    and Lock would be feasting.

Tomorrow is Christmas in April!

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Is he better than Driskel though?
                      That is still to be determined. I will say this all Teddy is Kyle Orton 2.0. Sad Day Today Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Driskel's 2021 salary is $3.25 million, slightly more than Bridgewater. It would seem likely that Driskel may be released at some point. If so, his dead cap is $750,00, I believe. That would almost cancel out Bridgewater's salary making almost no impact (c. $500,000) on the cap as a result of the trade. If these things happen, the cost of acquiring Bridgewater for 2021 would be a sixth round pick and about half million $.
                        To me that is worth it. Driskel was pretty bad and, at this point, I don't think he's getting any better. I see this as improving our QB depth. Lost among all of the stories of this off season is that we really had nothing behind Lock going into this season. Rypien has looked better each time I've seen him but he's basically Brian Griese's brain in Trevor Siemian's body. Although Griese might have been a bit smarter and Siemian might have had a better arm, lol. So now we have a #2 who should be able to run an NFL Offense. If he has to go in he should be able to manage the game and feed our impact players.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I dont get what you mean I just can't remember the last time a wr was successful under 5'9
                          Off-topic:
                          Many mock drafts have Moore going in R1.
                          Given Denver's needs, I hope he's available in R3,
                          but I doubt it.

Sutton, Hamler, Fant, Moore, Jeudy would be potent.

Even if Moore isn't a Bronco, he's an intriguing
                          prospect and one of my favs.

On topic:
                          Hopefully, Bridgewater's addition means Denver
                          is trading down.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

That is still to be determined. I will say this all Teddy is Kyle Orton 2.0. Sad Day Today Indeed.
                            Kyle Orton in his playing days would be better than Jeff Driskel. Teddy Bridgewater is better than Jeff Driskel right now. Let's look at Driskel's NFL career so far:

San Francisco 49ers
                            Driskel was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the 207th overall pick.[17] The 49ers previously traded tight end Vernon Davis to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the pick used to select Driskel. On May 5, 2016, the 49ers signed him to a four-year, $2.45 million contract with a signing bonus of $112,539.[18] Driskel began training camp as the No. 4 quarterback on the depth chart.[19] After a season-ending injury to Thad Lewis, Driskel competed with Christian Ponder for the third-string quarterback position. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the 49ers.[20]

Cincinnati Bengals
                            Driskel was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals on September 4, 2016.[21] He began the season as the Bengals' third quarterback on their depth chart behind veterans Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron. On September 4, 2017, Driskel was placed on injured reserve.[22] Driskel made his regular season NFL debut on October 21, 2018 in relief of Andy Dalton in the fourth quarter in the final minutes of a 45-10 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, completing all four of his pass attempts for 39 yards.[23] In Week 12, against the Cleveland Browns, Dalton was injured and out for the season with a thumb injury.[24] Driskel came into the game in relief and threw his first professional touchdown to Tyler Boyd. In addition, he added a late rushing touchdown in the 35–20 loss.[25] He started the last five games of the season for the Bengals. He went 1–4 and passed for 764 yards, five touchdowns, and two interceptions in the five starts.[26] Driskel was placed on injured reserve on August 31, 2019.[27] He was waived from injured reserve with an injury settlement on September 11.[28]

Detroit Lions
                            On September 17, 2019, Driskel was signed by the Detroit Lions.[29] On November 10, 2019, Driskel made his first start for the Lions against the Chicago Bears after Matthew Stafford was inactive due to injury.[30] He finished the Week 10 contest with 269 passing yards, one touchdown, and one interception as the Lions lost 20-13.[31] In Week 11 against the Dallas Cowboys, Driskel threw for 209 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 51 yards and a touchdown in the 35–27 loss.[32] After suffering a hamstring injury during a loss to the Washington Redskins, Driskel was placed on injured reserve on November 30, 2019.[33]

Denver Broncos
                            On March 27, 2020, Driskel signed a two-year contract with the Denver Broncos.[34] On September 20, 2020, Driskel came in in place of injured starting quarterback Drew Lock in a Week 2 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He passed for 256 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in relief in the 26–21 loss.[35] Driskel made his first start as a Bronco in Week 3 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. During the game, Driskel threw for 176 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception before being benched in the fourth quarter of the 28–10 loss.[36]

He was worth taking a shot on, I suppose, if the FO thought they saw something in him at some point. My biggest memory of Driskel is being benched in favor of Brett Rypien. I removed the reference to the COVID suspension because it has nothing to do with how he played.

Comment

This is how I see it. There's no way that drew lock is the future here after this trading for another starter quality ish quarterback. And, there's no way Teddy Bridgewater is going to be considered a decade long starter here as well. So, there is going to be another quarterback play at some point either this draft or perhaps an eyeball kept on deshaun Watson? Either way Denver is still without their franchise quarterback

Comment

If we don't draft a QB high, I fully expect Bridgewater the starter by week 8
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X