Broncos trade a 6th for Bridgewater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I hope Bridgewater's addition means Denver isn't trading up for a QB.

Time to trade down, add some picks to solidify the OL, D,
    and maybe get another O-weapon like Rondale Moore.
    Great idea man, that way we can watch Mahomes beat us by 21 points every game, Herbert by 14 and we get to see Bridgewater under throw and over throw WR's all season.

This is a QB league and we are in a QB division. We need a QB that is going to compete with Mahomes and we don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Kyle Orton in his playing days would be better than Jeff Driskel. Teddy Bridgewater is better than Jeff Driskel right now. Let's look at Driskel's NFL career so far:

San Francisco 49ers
      Driskel was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the 207th overall pick.[17] The 49ers previously traded tight end Vernon Davis to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the pick used to select Driskel. On May 5, 2016, the 49ers signed him to a four-year, $2.45 million contract with a signing bonus of $112,539.[18] Driskel began training camp as the No. 4 quarterback on the depth chart.[19] After a season-ending injury to Thad Lewis, Driskel competed with Christian Ponder for the third-string quarterback position. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the 49ers.[20]

Cincinnati Bengals
      Driskel was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals on September 4, 2016.[21] He began the season as the Bengals' third quarterback on their depth chart behind veterans Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron. On September 4, 2017, Driskel was placed on injured reserve.[22] Driskel made his regular season NFL debut on October 21, 2018 in relief of Andy Dalton in the fourth quarter in the final minutes of a 45-10 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, completing all four of his pass attempts for 39 yards.[23] In Week 12, against the Cleveland Browns, Dalton was injured and out for the season with a thumb injury.[24] Driskel came into the game in relief and threw his first professional touchdown to Tyler Boyd. In addition, he added a late rushing touchdown in the 35–20 loss.[25] He started the last five games of the season for the Bengals. He went 1–4 and passed for 764 yards, five touchdowns, and two interceptions in the five starts.[26] Driskel was placed on injured reserve on August 31, 2019.[27] He was waived from injured reserve with an injury settlement on September 11.[28]

Detroit Lions
      On September 17, 2019, Driskel was signed by the Detroit Lions.[29] On November 10, 2019, Driskel made his first start for the Lions against the Chicago Bears after Matthew Stafford was inactive due to injury.[30] He finished the Week 10 contest with 269 passing yards, one touchdown, and one interception as the Lions lost 20-13.[31] In Week 11 against the Dallas Cowboys, Driskel threw for 209 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 51 yards and a touchdown in the 35–27 loss.[32] After suffering a hamstring injury during a loss to the Washington Redskins, Driskel was placed on injured reserve on November 30, 2019.[33]

Denver Broncos
      On March 27, 2020, Driskel signed a two-year contract with the Denver Broncos.[34] On September 20, 2020, Driskel came in in place of injured starting quarterback Drew Lock in a Week 2 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He passed for 256 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in relief in the 26–21 loss.[35] Driskel made his first start as a Bronco in Week 3 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. During the game, Driskel threw for 176 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception before being benched in the fourth quarter of the 28–10 loss.[36]

He was worth taking a shot on, I suppose, if the FO thought they saw something in him at some point. My biggest memory of Driskel is being benched in favor of Brett Rypien. I removed the reference to the COVID suspension because it has nothing to do with how he played.
      Brett is even better than Teddy Bridgewater.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Brett is even better than Teddy Bridgewater.
        I'm not sold either way on Rypien. He has obvious strengths and weaknesses, and he has obviously improved every time I've seen him. I think he has a decent floor as a smart game manager but I don't know what his ceiling is. I also don't know how much time he has in Denver to show what that ceiling can be. I like having him around and we'll see how long the ride lasts.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post

Great idea man, that way we can watch Mahomes beat us by 21 points every game, Herbert by 14 and we get to see Bridgewater under throw and over throw WR's all season.

This is a QB league and we are in a QB division. We need a QB that is going to compete with Mahomes and we don't have one.
          Or maybe we see someone step in who can actually run the Offense and deliver the ball on time and on target to our impact players. Either way no one is going to be effective at the QB position if our O-Line can't pass pro.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoPower View Post

Glad you think it's a great idea.

Comment

Yes, each player is a type of ice cream scoop.

Together, Hamler and Moore would make a tasty sundae
              and Lock would be feasting.

Tomorrow is Christmas in April!
              Who would be Neapolitan?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't think getting Bridgewater changes the Broncos strategy for drafting a QB at all or to replace Lock. We got Bridgwater to set a standard of play. Bridgewater is our QB floor. Lock is still the ceiling at this point. Bridgewater has never thrown for more than 15 TDs in a season. Lock had 16 last year. I don't believe Bridewater was brought in to take Lock's job. IMO, Bridgwater was brought here in case Lock loses the job or gets hurt.

Comment

Off-topic:
                  Many mock drafts have Moore going in R1.
                  Given Denver's needs, I hope he's available in R3,
                  but I doubt it.

Sutton, Hamler, Fant, Moore, Jeudy would be potent.

Even if Moore isn't a Bronco, he's an intriguing
                  prospect and one of my favs.

On topic:
                  Hopefully, Bridgewater's addition means Denver
                  is trading down.
                  His size hands and hand size all worry more about him really making an impact in the nfl
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Who would be Neapolitan?
                    Lol...good question.

My initial thought was Fant because he can catch, block, and run,
                    but then again, his longest rush went for -2 yards.

So, maybe Denver drafts their Neapolitan this year in Kyle Pitts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

His size hands and hand size all worry more about him really making an impact in the nfl
                      I believe NFL footballs are slightly larger than college footballs so you may have a point.

However, his intangibles are very intriguing.

Here's an article on him:
                      https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-be...ore-163519670/

Comment

Lol...good question.

My initial thought was Fant because he can catch, block, and run,
                        but then again, his longest rush went for -2 yards.

So, maybe Denver drafts their Neapolitan this year in Kyle Pitts?
                        It will be interesting to see what Denver does tomorrow night. Not a fan of trading up, but if they do it will be ... interesting. Way more cool IMO would be who is left if Denver stays at #9. If one of their top rated non-QB guys is there and one of the top QBs, that will be a decision that could take most of the allotted time. In that situation they could: pick the QB; pick a top rated non-QB (like Pitts, Sewell, Slater); or, trade back relying on the depth of the draft to upgrade the roster.

Troy Fumagalli might be a Neapolitan scoop guy.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

It will be interesting to see what Denver does tomorrow night. Not a fan of trading up, but if they do it will be ... interesting. Way more cool IMO would be who is left if Denver stays at #9. If one of their top rated non-QB guys is there and one of the top QBs, that will be a decision that could take most of the allotted time. In that situation they could: pick the QB; pick a top rated non-QB (like Pitts, Sewell, Slater); or, trade back relying on the depth of the draft to upgrade the roster.

Troy Fumagalli might be a Neapolitan scoop guy.
                          And to think he does it all without a left index finger.
                          Hopefully, he can stay healthy next season to showcase his true talent.

OT and cover ILB are Denver's biggest needs.

If Denver traded down and selected both OT Tevon Jenkins
                          and Jabril Cox in R2, I'd be optimistic about the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            Best part of the deal is that Carolina is paying $7 million of Teddy's salary. Denver is only paying $3mil. This means a trade back, more than likely, especially since there will be two QBs left at #9 and NE, CHI and WASH all need a QB in the worst way.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                              Yes Way To Go GM Paton LOL NOT.

Bridgewater had plenty of opportunity last season to establish himself as the Panthers' starter moving forward, but instead he saw his numbers go steadily down as the season concluded, and neither coach Matt Rhule nor GM Scott Fitterer would commit to him as the starter for the 2021 season.

Bridgewater had only one touchdown pass in the fourth quarter all season and was 0-8 in games in which the Panthers had a chance to win or tie on their last possession.

Horrible move IMO. Oh well what is done is done. Come on Drew Lock time to shine in 2021 time to put Drew in Josh Allen 2.0 conversation 2021. I hope Teddy never sees the field in Denver.
                              A big part of Bridgewater's 'bad year' last season was the absence of CMac for a huge chunk of the season. His #1 weapon was gone and absolutely no one on that team stepped up. I expect Lock to be the staarter, especially with a full offeason this year (unlike last year) and all of the lost weapons from last season back and ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

So based off of this if he is targeting a qb do you think it's fields or Lance?
                                I'm biased because my favorite QB in this draft is Fields and I'm a bit cooler on Lance than most because I question his fit in this offense. With that being said, this makes me feel a lot better about the possibility of taking Lance since there will be a lot less pressure to play right away and Teddy brings a ton of invaluable experience and knowledge of the game to the QB room. I hope Paton is targeting Fields because he is a terrific scheme fit, has best in-class accuracy, and has the athletic profile that could make him a superstar in this league.
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Working...
                                X