No announcement yet.

Aaron Rodgers wants out, make him a Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with who Rodgers is. There are MANY examples of him being a good person. There are MANY examples of him being the right kind of guy at QB. Why is he forcing his way out of a team he has led for a long time? Well are you familiar with his age, the current direction of the Pack and the recent QB history of the Pack?

If Rodgers wants to win another Super Bowl he needs to do it on another team imo
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
      Word is, Green Bay has to hang on to Aaron until June for cap reasons, I think the fix is already in.

Paton is a genius so far...
      Took this from another thread apologies. Did not want to hijack that thread but was curious.

Right now the dead cap hit for the Packers for getting rid of Rodgers would be about the same cap hit as keep him. The dead cap hit has to do with money already paid in form of signing bonus, contract restructure and roster bonus.

Is the "cap reasons" pretty much for the ability for June 1 and after cuts (I assume this applies for trades as well but I dunno) which allow for a team to spread cap hit over multiple years?

Honestly at this time I am not sure what Green Bay thinks they will be able to do with the saved cap from this happening after June 1. The options will be even less in another couple months. Get it is nice to have cap this year and a team may or may not roll it over to next year. Guess worst case is a potential 2022 free agent can have their contract done to take advantage of extra cap.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Apparently all the Packers have to do is fire the GM and A-Aron will be happy.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I still remember how I felt when we acquired Manning. In the next 4 seasons we'd go to The SB twice and win once. And if not for a bizarre play to kill our dreams against The Ravens, we might have another crown. Never mind the fact that those first 2 years were so darn exciting to watch!! Instant O! And yes, some good Free Agents who wanted to be part of the trip.

I was all over The Watson possibility. Instant O, and young. None of us could foresee what happened next.

But this Rodgers "thing" is very intriguing to me. When you add some of the numbers together, it could make sense. Denver is a beautiful place to play. Elway may be influential. Rodgers saw what Brady did, and being as confident as he is, and coming off an MVP season, he may see possibilities here. We've been described as a top 6 roster, just in need of a better QB situation. And like Daniel Jeremiah said today, Denver has the kind of receivers Rodgers would love. Then Ian Rapoport said Rodgers may indeed have us on his preferred list.

And then there's this fiance situation, and that she has a place in Boulder. She seems like a cool Colorado type to me. And child on the way.

Sure, very improbable. But there's a few weeks of negotiation time according to contract impacts.

OK dreamer that I am, what would it take? Well, either QB we have as a "welcome greeting". I could see Surtain in the deal. GB needed Dback improvement, and between our FA and Draft so far, we've stocked up. Then it's a '22 1st, which may be a late pick if I can be so confident. Maybe a 3rd next year as well. Some may think more draft picks. Maybe a veteran player instead.

Am I way off? Sorry to those who see Lock as the guy. He may well still be.

Comment

Rodgers isn't going anywhere, unless someone makes a crazy offer involving 4+ first round picks, Rodgers will be finishing his contract that he signed an extension on a year ago. It was a 4yr extension, so he's under contract til 2024. Team can opt out after 2022, but they don't have too. Just as they don't have to trade him. If Rodgers doesn't wanna be a Packer anymore, his options are retire or sit out and be fined for 3yrs. Packers front office have already said more than once they aren't trading him. And again since he's under contract, they don't have to trade him.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              I still remember how I felt when we acquired Manning. In the next 4 seasons we'd go to The SB twice and win once. And if not for a bizarre play to kill our dreams against The Ravens, we might have another crown. Never mind the fact that those first 2 years were so darn exciting to watch!! Instant O! And yes, some good Free Agents who wanted to be part of the trip.

I was all over The Watson possibility. Instant O, and young. None of us could foresee what happened next.

But this Rodgers "thing" is very intriguing to me. When you add some of the numbers together, it could make sense. Denver is a beautiful place to play. Elway may be influential. Rodgers saw what Brady did, and being as confident as he is, and coming off an MVP season, he may see possibilities here. We've been described as a top 6 roster, just in need of a better QB situation. And like Daniel Jeremiah said today, Denver has the kind of receivers Rodgers would love. Then Ian Rapoport said Rodgers may indeed have us on his preferred list.

And then there's this fiance situation, and that she has a place in Boulder. She seems like a cool Colorado type to me. And child on the way.

Sure, very improbable. But there's a few weeks of negotiation time according to contract impacts.

OK dreamer that I am, what would it take? Well, either QB we have as a "welcome greeting". I could see Surtain in the deal. GB needed Dback improvement, and between our FA and Draft so far, we've stocked up. Then it's a '22 1st, which may be a late pick if I can be so confident. Maybe a 3rd next year as well. Some may think more draft picks. Maybe a veteran player instead.

Am I way off? Sorry to those who see Lock as the guy. He may well still be.
              Rodgers is a proven. So you're 100% correct this team will be exciting to watch. What's funny is its almost like getting Manning. Great regular season numbers and poor playoff showings. The roller coaster ride would be epic. Especially year 2 or right before the trade deadline to get some key pieces over.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Rodgers isn't going anywhere, unless someone makes a crazy offer involving 4+ first round picks, Rodgers will be finishing his contract that he signed an extension on a year ago. It was a 4yr extension, so he's under contract til 2024. Team can opt out after 2022, but they don't have too. Just as they don't have to trade him. If Rodgers doesn't wanna be a Packer anymore, his options are retire or sit out and be fined for 3yrs. Packers front office have already said more than once they aren't trading him. And again since he's under contract, they don't have to trade him.
                All may be true IB....but as we've discussed before, it sure seems like a mixed up relationship. I almost think they tick him off because they know it motivates him.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  Of course they say they won't trade him. They need him to play another year because they are in no position to start Jordan Love who they never even consulted Rodgers about and he is not good. The fact that Rodgers waited until the start of the draft to drop his bomb on GB shows he has no intention of returning. He could very well retire but both sides lose in that scenario. More logical that GB will trade him after June 2nd and not take the 30 mil cap hit and get some value from him. Seems clear to me that Rodgers is done with the Packers. Question now is how the Packers deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post

Of course they say they won't trade him. They need him to play another year because they are in no position to start Jordan Love who they never even consulted Rodgers about and he is not good. The fact that Rodgers waited until the start of the draft to drop his bomb on GB shows he has no intention of returning. He could very well retire but both sides lose in that scenario. More logical that GB will trade him after June 2nd and not take the 30 mil cap hit and get some value from him. Seems clear to me that Rodgers is done with the Packers. Question now is how the Packers deal with it.
                    I do agree that he is still burning inside for not being told about the Love selection. I think some of his mates were too. Might be also angry that he did not get a chance to go for the TD in that crucial time of the game. If he's playing hardball for a good deal, it even seems too "messy' for Aaron.

I'd love to give him a shot to win it all with us. We have a good roster, it's warmer here, and Shailene looks the part of a free spirit in The Rockies (with a Boulder connection!)!!

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

IMO Rodgers being traded is still going to happen, it's a matter of when and to whom. If he refuses to return to GB they have very little leverage. He's said he won't return and IMO he's stubborn enough he won't change his mind. And Rodgers has been building leverage with his comments about wanting to host Jeopardy like when Elway leveraged playing baseball. If if there is a cap benefit for GB to wait until June it it may make more sense to GB to wait until June to trade him than during the draft. GB can try to call his bluff and not trade him, but I don't think he's bluffing when he says he won't return.
                      Rodgers is not a bluffer. He is done in Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I do agree that he is still burning inside for not being told about the Love selection. I think some of his mates were too. Might be also angry that he did not get a chance to go for the TD in that crucial time of the game. If he's playing hardball for a good deal, it even seems too "messy' for Aaron.

I'd love to give him a shot to win it all with us. We have a good roster, it's warmer here, and Shailene looks the part of a free spirit in The Rockies (with a Boulder connection!)!!
                        Rodgers is a typical ego driven QB and that is why he will be in the HOF. If we could be lucky enough to get him in Denver we would win 2 SB's easily. The QB's we have now will never be on his level and will never compete in the AFC west.
                        Last edited by Oxygen Bandit; 05-01-2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

This is a funny story circulating especially after the draft.
                          If this was to happen, then why would it not happen before the draft when there were assets to trade with, and what do people actually think that we would need to give up. Rodgers is a gem, but he also falles in the category of great high paid QBs that absorb so many financial and draft ressources that the team suffers. He has been one of the best for a long time, but unlike Elway, Kelly and others labelled loosers for not winning in the SB, he along with ex. Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco that were so great on cheap contracts, have not made it to the SB after getting paid.
                          This does not seem realistic but it would be silly not to try to make it happen. Squeezing Peyton for million in 2015 seemed to work quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                            This is a funny story circulating especially after the draft.
                            If this was to happen, then why would it not happen before the draft when there were assets to trade with, and what do people actually think that we would need to give up. Rodgers is a gem, but he also falles in the category of great high paid QBs that absorb so many financial and draft ressources that the team suffers. He has been one of the best for a long time, but unlike Elway, Kelly and others labelled loosers for not winning in the SB, he along with ex. Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco that were so great on cheap contracts, have not made it to the SB after getting paid.
                            This does not seem realistic but it would be silly not to try to make it happen. Squeezing Peyton for million in 2015 seemed to work quite well.
                            The reason it didn't go down before or during the draft I believe is the dead cap hit for Green Bay if they trade him...

Would be something like $37 million if traded now as opposed to around $15 million if after June 1st or something like that.

So I would look for it to still happen in about a month...stay tuned
                            sigpic

Comment

I’m less enthusiastic about this than before it came out that he’s trying to get the GM fired.

I don’t like what he’s doing and it probably means the GM is going to be fired, which means they aren’t going to trade him.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                Apparently all the Packers have to do is fire the GM and A-Aron will be happy.
                                Which won't happen....

Comment

Working...
                                X