Welcome Patrick Surtain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Patrick Surtain

To the finest football team in history. From what I know about him, he will be a standout/mainstay of our secondary for many years to come.

Great addition.

I'm excited, CB is becoming one of the most important positions on the field and it looks like we have the makings of No Fly Zone pt. 2 with Surtain's addition.

He seems like a high character kid and a great addition to the locker room.
    A book I wrote

Comment

If I had to look at this pick in a vacuum I'd say it was a great pick. I'm excited about him and seems like a good guy / great player.

Given our needs as a team, I feel like this was a disappointing way to go. No nock on Surtain though.. he's not responsible for our draft strategy and I feel he'll be a great player. Our secondary is certainly strong now with Callahan, Darby, Fuller, Ojemudia(sp, sorry..), Surtain. Much more solid than last year.

Comment

Welcome, Patrick. You're a great addition to our defense.

I just hope you guys can pitch a shut out every week because you'll get no help from our offense because apparently, below average QB's are what this team likes.

Comment

Welcome Pat Surtain! I love the pick. He's a stand-up young man with a good head on his shoulders. I am eager to see him represent the orange and blue! Now defensive backs can wear any number from 1-49, so he can wear his old college number #2 which is pretty neat.

Comment

Definitely welcome!! This was my favorite choice defensively, He is extraordinary in toughness and Fangio has to believe he fits his CB profile very well or he wouldn't have signed off on this. Patrick was fantastic at Alabama and with a little bit of a learning curve here could be a Pro Bowl, maybe an all-Pro very soon.

Comment

Welcome to the team young man!

The pick may have surprised me but not the quality of the player. Broncos chose a very talented player at a marquee position. Just up to him to work hard and learn from the pros like Fuller, Darby and Callahan. I imagine Surtain will be on the field a lot and earning the respect.

Just hope all the mock draft experts around here will give him a break because he wasn’t the pick they wanted.

Comment

Sorry, but try as I might I just can't get behind this pick. For 8 seasons with Champ Bailey as our best player and a revolving door of quarterbacks, we won exactly 2 divisional titles and 2 playoff games. And now the Broncos currently sit with easily the 2nd worst quarterback situation in the AFC.

I wish Surtain well. But I don't feel this makes the Broncos a better team. They need a franchise quarterback, and they had one fall right into their laps but passed.
                sigpic

Comment

We took the best cornerback over the 4th or 5th best QB
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Time will tell. If Justin Fields or Mack Jones turn out to be average or busts, then this was a great pick. I think Fields will be an amazing quarterback and I think he would have been an easy upgrade over Lock. But again, when you have the 2nd worst quarterback situation in the AFC and take a cornerback...yeah, I just can't get behind that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Even Mel Kiper Jr. said he was the 2nd if not the best QB in the draft last night. Calling Lawrence 1 and Fields 1A. Fields had better numbers than any of the QBs picked last night over the last two years. He wasn't a risk the Broncos screwed the pooch with their 1st round pick again.

Comment

For all the sunshine pumpers trying to polish the turd of another failed 1st round please refer to all of the draft scores coming out.

Notice that unanimously the Bears scored the best out of any team for day one picking Fields with the 11th pick.

NFL.com
                        9th Pick Broncos -B
                        11th Pick Bears +A

USA Today
                        9th Pick Broncos B
                        11th Pick Bears A

Draft Kings
                        9th Pick Broncos B
                        11th Pick Bears +A

Sporting News

9th Pick Broncos -B
                        11th Pick Bears +A

Walter Football
                        9th Pick Broncos -B
                        11th Pick Bears +A

ProFootballNetwork
                        9th Pick Broncos -B
                        11th Pick Bears +A

Even the Denver Post writers panned the pick...
                        Sean Keeler +C

Kyle Newman -C

Ryan O’Halloran -C
                        Matt Schubert B

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          Sorry, but try as I might I just can't get behind this pick. For 8 seasons with Champ Bailey as our best player and a revolving door of quarterbacks, we won exactly 2 divisional titles and 2 playoff games. And now the Broncos currently sit with easily the 2nd worst quarterback situation in the AFC.

I wish Surtain well. But I don't feel this makes the Broncos a better team. They need a franchise quarterback, and they had one fall right into their laps but passed.
                          100% agree! The Broncos have been solid drafting 1st rounders recently, yet they continue to be irrelevant. Here are the Broncos last 4 1st rounders and W-L record since drafting each:

2020 - Jeudy: potential superstar WR. Broncos: 5-11
                          2019 - Fant: potentially great TE. Broncos: 12-20
                          2018 - Chubb: pro bowl player. Broncos: 18-30 (11-21 in years he played)
                          2017 - Bolles: developed into pro bowl OT. Broncos: 23-41

Surtain may very well become a great CB while the Broncos fail to sniff even a 9-8 record.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                            For all the sunshine pumpers trying to polish the turd of another failed 1st round please refer to all of the draft scores coming out.

Are you from the future?

Comment

Not only am I excited about the pick, I am excited to see Lock take that next step. Can't remember where I read it, but WCO takes 5 years to master. Want, Aaron Rogers? Well it took him 5 years to have a winning season as a starter in a WCO (did not start until year 4). Showing the patience with Lock did improve the QB position imo.

PS2 has the feel of a staple for us. This is not a pick that we were stuck making, but choose over a trade down. Really excited to see talent added to our secondary.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                              X