Welcome Patrick Surtain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:08 to 6:08

Welcome to Broncos Country Patrick Surtain II!

Comment

Stokley brought up a good point that the Broncos could now cut Calahan which would save $6-7 million in cap space. I wonder if these things are a consideration when setting up draft boards?

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
        Stokley brought up a good point that the Broncos could now cut Calahan which would save $6-7 million in cap space. I wonder if these things are a consideration when setting up draft boards?
        The value of draft picks is mostly discounted labor, so I would think it very much is a part of every teams draft board.

Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

It's a good solid pick.

Comment

Patrick Surtain will wear single digits with the new number rules i bet.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
              If I had to look at this pick in a vacuum I'd say it was a great pick. I'm excited about him and seems like a good guy / great player.

Given our needs as a team, I feel like this was a disappointing way to go. No nock on Surtain though.. he's not responsible for our draft strategy and I feel he'll be a great player. Our secondary is certainly strong now with Callahan, Darby, Fuller, Ojemudia(sp, sorry..), Surtain. Much more solid than last year.
              I get what you are saying and I've found myself thinking that way several times in the past. This year with a high pick I looked at it differently. I just wanted BPA at a position of need with the #9 pick because the pick was a valuable one and it was a chance to add a long term impact player. Looking at it that way I narrowed my short list down to five players I'd be pleased with and Surtain was one of them. I also had my larger list of 'I won't be angry if' players because I did see some guys that were reasonably worth the pick if the FO valued the guy/position more than I did but that didn't happen. We have a long way to go to finish the draft though. They still have plenty of chances to disappoint me or piss me off.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                Welcome, Patrick. You're a great addition to our defense.

I just hope you guys can pitch a shut out every week because you'll get no help from our offense because apparently, below average QB's are what this team likes.
                I am fully aware that you will disagree, but after seeing the progress Lock made as the year progressed, I think he's going to have a solid season this year. The young man has not had a consistent offensive coordinator at any point in his career and has always been working in the midst of a new system.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

I am fully aware that you will disagree, but after seeing the progress Lock made as the year progressed, I think he's going to have a solid season this year. The young man has not had a consistent offensive coordinator at any point in his career and has always been working in the midst of a new system.
                  There is a serious possibility that Bridgewater will be the starter, not Lock.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

There is a serious possibility that Bridgewater will be the starter, not Lock.
                    If he is it wouldn’t be for the whole season. Weaker armed QBs don’t thrive in the weather. Bridgewater is more than likely here to push Lock while teaching him the nuances of an offense he’s spent time in previously.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

I really hope so.

I'm just tired of seeing subpar quarterback play.

I bash on Lock a lot, I admit that. I was never a fan of his going into the draft two years ago.

I get that he's got less than 2 years of starts, but he should be better at certain aspects of his game, especially, decision making and turnovers, than he is. And he's had a pretty good supporting cast around him to where we should be averaging at least 21-24 points a game. There's no excuse for us to not even put up 20 points so many times in a season.

I've already stated my case so many times that I'm leaving it go.

I'm just focused on the rest of the draft and the Rodgers speculation (although I still think it's highly unlikely to happen).

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

Even Mel Kiper Jr. said he was the 2nd if not the best QB in the draft last night. Calling Lawrence 1 and Fields 1A. Fields had better numbers than any of the QBs picked last night over the last two years. He wasn't a risk the Broncos screwed the pooch with their 1st round pick again.
                        The ultimate ranking known as the NFL Draft begs to differ with the Kiper.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                          To the finest football team in history. From what I know about him, he will be a standout/mainstay of our secondary for many years to come.

Great addition.
                          Maybe he's our new Champ Bailey.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Nothing against the kid, I hope he turns out to be an all timer, but taking a corner (any corner) feels like we are giving up on next season already.
                            Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                                Not only am I excited about the pick, I am excited to see Lock take that next step. Can't remember where I read it, but WCO takes 5 years to master. Want, Aaron Rogers? Well it took him 5 years to have a winning season as a starter in a WCO (did not start until year 4). Showing the patience with Lock did improve the QB position imo.

PS2 has the feel of a staple for us. This is not a pick that we were stuck making, but choose over a trade down. Really excited to see talent added to our secondary.
                                Hey I can agree with your enthusiasm for Surtain’s talent, and I can even agree that I would be excited to see Lock take that next step. However, whether he does or not is a big if. So, is it exciting to you that we may have the best defensive backfield in our division but the worst quarterback room? I somehow can’t get excited about that.
                                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
                                X