Welcome Patrick Surtain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Hey I can agree with your enthusiasm for Surtain’s talent, and I can even agree that I would be excited to see Lock take that next step. However, whether he does or not is a big if. So, is it exciting to you that we may have the best defensive backfield in our division but the worst quarterback room? I somehow can’t get excited about that.
    Lock year 3 is > Lock year 2
    Bridgewater > Driskel

My opinion anyways. I think the QB room will surprise.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post

Lock year 3 is > Lock year 2
      Bridgewater > Driskel

My opinion anyways. I think the QB room will surprise.
      I support and encourage optimism, but I always like to have a realism backup plan.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I support and encourage optimism, but I always like to have a realism backup plan.
        If nothing else Bridgewater is accurate, so if worst comes to worst I think we have enough targets that compliment what he does best. All our WRs are more RAC guys rather than guys that just win jump balls or outright beat you downfield. Yeah Hamler has speed and Sutton/Patrick have the size to win jump balls but I see those as more bonuses to what they are best at which is catching shorter passes and creating yards after the catch. Then you add in the smash mouth run game we seem to want to implement and it only improves our WRs chances down the field

Comment

I am excited about possibly getting another great CB to add to the list of really good CBs the Broncos have had.

Maybe one day he will compete with Champ as the best Denver CB. Even better if he moves ahead of other CBs as most amount of SB Rings worn by Denver CB

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Rod Smith is my favorite Bronco all time because he was quiet, worked hard, produced, and was a good guy off the field. If any Bronco fan likes Rod Smith for those reasons, you should love the Patrick Surtain!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

Even Mel Kiper Jr. said he was the 2nd if not the best QB in the draft last night. Calling Lawrence 1 and Fields 1A. Fields had better numbers than any of the QBs picked last night over the last two years. He wasn't a risk the Broncos screwed the pooch with their 1st round pick again.
              Mel Kiper says a lot of things!

for example “ he said russel Wilson would have a similar career to Seneca a Wallace “

Kiper on Jamarcus Russell : “Three years from now you could certainly be looking at one of the elite, top-five (NFL) quarterbacks. Look out, because the skill-level he has is certainly John Elway-like.”

David Carr & Joey Harrington: “I think when you look at Carr and Harrington, three or four years down the road, you’re not going to call any one of these two players a bust or a disappointment.”

I’m sure he’s been right on some picks but his word doesn’t mean much.

The Bears who moved up to draft Trubisky over Mahomes & Watson just moved up to grab Fields. Their is a reason the other 31 teams weren’t interested.
              sigpic

Comment

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

The ultimate ranking known as the NFL Draft begs to differ with the Kiper.
                  The Ultimate ranking will be when all of these players get their 2nd contract. The 5 highest-paid players in the NFL are QBs and were not picked higher than 10th.

PFF - "He’s a clear-cut top-three quarterback in the 2021 NFL Draft class and one of the five best prospects PFF has ever evaluated."

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Mel Kiper says a lot of things!

for example “ he said russel Wilson would have a similar career to Seneca a Wallace “

Kiper on Jamarcus Russell : “Three years from now you could certainly be looking at one of the elite, top-five (NFL) quarterbacks. Look out, because the skill-level he has is certainly John Elway-like.”

David Carr & Joey Harrington: “I think when you look at Carr and Harrington, three or four years down the road, you’re not going to call any one of these two players a bust or a disappointment.”

I’m sure he’s been right on some picks but his word doesn’t mean much.

The Bears who moved up to draft Trubisky over Mahomes & Watson just moved up to grab Fields. Their is a reason the other 31 teams weren’t interested.
                    So Fields being picked at 11th means 31 other teams didn't want him... Air-tight logic.

Comment

The Ultimate ranking will be when all of these players get their 2nd contract. The 5 highest-paid players in the NFL are QBs and were not picked higher than 10th.

PFF - "He’s a clear-cut top-three quarterback in the 2021 NFL Draft class and one of the five best prospects PFF has ever evaluated."
                      OK, penultimate then.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

OK, penultimate then.
                        You're using that word wrong. It's an adjective too.

Comment

You're using that word wrong. It's an adjective too.
                          Sorry, Bro, you lost me.

The sentence to which you originally took exception was "The ultimate ranking known as the NFL Draft begs to differ with the Kiper." The subject is ranking modified by ultimate which is an adjective meaning being or happening at the end of a process; final. It is derived from the Latin adjective ulter, ultra, ultrum. Comparative is ulterior, ulterius; superlative is ultimus, -a, -um meaning most distant, farthest, extreme, last.

You reasonably pointed out that the real final ranking of the members of the 2021 NFL Draft will be when they sign their second contract, if one is offered. I agreed with you and said, "OK, penultimate then." What that means is the adjective penultimate is being substituted for the adjective ultimate in the original sentence. Penultimate is derived from Latin, too, and uses the prefix pen- which comes from the adverb paene meaning nearly, almost. So, penultimate means last but one in a series of things; second to last.

The subject of the original sentence is "ranking", which is a noun. Being a noun, "ranking" can be modified by an adjective which is what "ultimate" and "penultimate" are.

I disagree that my usage of any words in those two posts was grammatically incorrect. I deferred to you on whether or not the 2021 NFL Draft was the final ranking of those players by the league. You must surrender the point that my usage was incorrect.

Have a nice day.

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

So Fields being picked at 11th means 31 other teams didn't want him... Air-tight logic.
                            10 teams passed, Bears were able to move up via trade to take him, meaning any team that really wanted him could have gotten him by trading up. Only the Bears were willing to!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                              Rod Smith is my favorite Bronco all time because he was quiet, worked hard, produced, and was a good guy off the field. If any Bronco fan likes Rod Smith for those reasons, you should love the Patrick Surtain!
                              Dude, you got 5 likes on your post, that's the most I've seen, I've only received 3. . Any way, I always said, if there was one guy from the team that I could go golfing with, it would be Rod Smith. Loved his play, loved his demeanor......It's crazy to think....Mr. Surtain may never play a down for us....that would suck. { trade bait for A Rogers } Nice post Giddy.

Comment

I see that Von has noticed the 1st round pick saying he is the "real deal" ...
                                "This Patrick Surtain II, this PS2 guy, he's the real deal," Miller said. "There's a couple times where I look over my shoulder just to see who's out there at receiver, left and right checking out the formation, and I see this guy standing out there and I'm like, 'Bro, this guy is taller than me(6'2", 208lbs). Is he supposed to be inside? He's supposed to be rushing. This guy's supposed to be rushing.' He's the real deal. He's a specimen"...
                                That's good to hear; I wonder if he ends up one of two starting CBs?

On another note ... I read that only 2 healthy players did not show for OTA's, Melvin Gordon and Kyle Fuller. Gordon has said that he has his workout regimen and wants to stay with it and will be at mandatory mini camp in June. No word on Fuller other than OTAs are voluntary... I am disappointed that Fuller isn't there but probably doesn't mean much. Risner has Covid?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X