No announcement yet.

George Paton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally love the pass of QBs in the draft. Lawrence and Wilson were the only two I would take and we all k ew they would be gone. Fields will be another OSU bust but can he become a WR like Joyner or be out of the league in 3 years like Haskins Or Cardale Jones?

I have said this before Lock was a victim of Covid messing up last offseason. Hard to learn a new offense with no introduction or reps before a modified training camp and lack of preseason. Plus the loss of his #1 WR, plus a league leading WR Corp in the drops category.

to me this is his make it broke it season. If he can’t do anything this season then time to sale the farm for a new a new QB.

Comment

Bottom line.......If the Broncos don't get into the playoffs with this roster, it will be all on the QB......Whomever it may be.

Comment

Darnold had absolutely nothing to work with in New York. He had to try to make something out of nothing more than any other QB.

Lock was afforded a solid offensive line, good receivers, a talented tight end and two good running backs.

I've said before this year will tell us what Lock is. Same goes for Darnold.

And I think the Jets made a mistake. They became enamored with measurables, like so many others do, that they push a guy like Wilson up their board.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

This is one of several indications that a balanced offense featuring a smashmouth rushing attack may be the plan for 2021.
          I love what you are indicating. A smashmouth rushing attack would be outstanding.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
            Darnold had absolutely nothing to work with in New York. He had to try to make something out of nothing more than any other QB.

Lock was afforded a solid offensive line, good receivers, a talented tight end and two good running backs.

I've said before this year will tell us what Lock is. Same goes for Darnold.

And I think the Jets made a mistake. They became enamored with measurables, like so many others do, that they push a guy like Wilson up their board.

​​​​​
            I read an interview with PM about him and Lock working together and said him and Shurmur didnt even meet until August of last year to work together. AUGUST. Thats insane. Last year wouldve been completely different if there was an actual off season

Comment

​​​​​
              When did that happen?
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-r...of-sam-darnold

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

When did that happen?
                  I'm comparing it to the Jets offensive line and our skill position players compared to the Jets. Lock had much more around him than Darnold yet he put up below average numbers.

I'm saying if Darnold is a bust, then Lock is too.

Comment

Look, if Lock plays outstanding, I'll admit I was wrong.

If Darnold bombs, I'll admit I was wrong.

If In a couple years, Fields stinks and Zach Wilson is a top 10 QB, I'll admit I was wrong.

To me, Lock should have been better than he was given the supporting talent. Yes, losing Sutton hurt, but he still had enough to have up a better season.

And to say Lock isn't a bust yet but Darnold is, is ridiculous.

Anyone who watches football with a basic understanding of the game, knows the Jets gave Darnold no chance of having any success.

You know who's a bust? Teddy Bridgewater. And yet some Broncos fans are happy to have him compete to possibly be our starting QB.

Last edited by sra84; 05-27-2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

If In a couple years, Fields stinks and Zach Wilson is a top 10 QB, I'll admit I was wrong.

To me, Lock should have been better than he was given the supporting talent. Yes, losing Sutton hurt, but he still had enough to have up a better season.

Anyone who watches football with a basic understanding of the game, knows the Jets gave Darnold no chance of having any success.

You know who's a bust? Teddy Bridgewater. And yet some Broncos fans are happy to have him compete to possibly be our starting QB.
                      would take Darnold over Lock any day of the week

Comment

I'm comparing it to the Jets offensive line and our skill position players compared to the Jets. Lock had much more around him than Darnold yet he put up below average numbers.

No offense but any line where Elijah Wilkinson is starting art Rt is not a solid line. Dude can't deal with speed rushers. Has below average agility for a starting ot and gets eaten alive on the outside. Then throw Cush was in his rookie and looked below average at best. Then Risner took a step back. Our oline was average at best. I would consider it a below average oline with Cush as a rookie and still developing and a revolving door known as Elijah Wilkinson at rt. It wasn't solid and the rt position was absolutely horrid
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Again, when was that? Because, for starters, the last time the Broncos had anything resembling a solid O-Line Drew Lock was still in High School. And the line benefited from having PFM at QB so even that is debatable. And Darnold has still been in the NFL for a year longer than Lock. So...no.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Again, when was that? Because, for starters, the last time the Broncos had anything resembling a solid O-Line Drew Lock was still in High School. And the line benefited from having PFM at QB so even that is debatable. And Darnold has still been in the NFL for a year longer than Lock. So...no.
                            I think we’re arguing semantics. Did the Jets have a better oline than us? I know I can’t say that they did and I don’t think anyone else would either. Did the Jets have better skill position players? I think everyone would agree they didn’t. Darnold isn’t a bust, but he’s definitely in the same boat as Lock in that he has to go out and prove that the Jets debacle wasn’t on him. He’s getting a good group of skill players and a solid oline in Carolina so if he can’t get it done this season the blame will fall on him. Same thing with Lock, a year to learn the offense and gain chemistry with his young talented skills guys, and what should be the best oline he’s had to work with since he was drafted, if he can’t get it done the blame will continue to fall on him.

It’s a make or break year for both of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think we’re arguing semantics. Did the Jets have a better oline than us? I know I can’t say that they did and I don’t think anyone else would either. Did the Jets have better skill position players? I think everyone would agree they didn’t. Darnold isn’t a bust, but he’s definitely in the same boat as Lock in that he has to go out and prove that the Jets debacle wasn’t on him. He’s getting a good group of skill players and a solid oline in Carolina so if he can’t get it done this season the blame will fall on him. Same thing with Lock, a year to learn the offense and gain chemistry with his young talented skills guys, and what should be the best oline he’s had to work with since he was drafted, if he can’t get it done the blame will continue to fall on him.

It’s a make or break year for both of these guys.
                              The only thing I'm arguing against is this:

That is a ridiculous statement and I have a hard time believing that anyone could sincerely hold this opinion if they actually watched our games last season.

Comment

I don't feel I can say one will bust or boom for sure. I think they are in a similar position show up or be replaced this is the year for you to show us you're a nfl qb or be replaced. Even though I would be happy to trade down to get Bryce young in 2022. He looks awesome as a qb prospect. He is the closest thing I have seen to a Russell Wilson recently coming up.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X