• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Yes. And that's any day ending in a Y
    Then take him....he's all yours. Maybe you should give the Broncos organization some feedback on how Darnold is working out for you.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

What....without seeing how Lock performs this season?
    Yes. And that's any day ending in a Y

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

would take Darnold over Lock any day of the week
    What....without seeing how Lock performs this season?

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    Darnold had absolutely nothing to work with in New York. He had to try to make something out of nothing more than any other QB.

Lock was afforded a solid offensive line, good receivers, a talented tight end and two good running backs.

I've said before this year will tell us what Lock is. Same goes for Darnold.

And I think the Jets made a mistake. They became enamored with measurables, like so many others do, that they push a guy like Wilson up their board.

​​​​
    Lock's "solid offensive line" consisted of a rookie center that often got blown out at the line of scrimmage, but continued to gut it out and improved over the course of the season. His RT was a turnstile. We struggled to run the ball consistently with the line, which would have helped the QB immensely.

As for Darnold, I have no real opinion on him either way, but hopefully he shows the Jets there were wrong. ITMT, this year's Broncos squad is considerably more talented than last year's and we will still have to deal with rookies struggling as they adjust to the league. It is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    Bottom line.......If the Broncos don't get into the playoffs with this roster, it will be all on the QB......Whomever it may be.
    Ehhhhhh, I have a problem with absolute statements. We tend to put the blame on the QB for every loss, even when the QB didn't lose the game and actually put us in position to win, only to lose the game in the last seconds. Wasn't that long ago we pulled ahead in the opening game only for the referees to call a phantom roughing the passer penalty in the closing seconds, which not only stopped the clock, but moved the opponent into field goal range. Replay of the penalty from every angle showed it didn't happen. In that case, we could say that the QB didn't lose that game. But we blame the QB because he touches the ball on almost every offensive play, so it's easy to find that single point of possible error.

Football is the ultimate team sport. Eleven guys on offense each play and eleven guys on defense and all it takes is one guy to miss his assignment and the play fails. The QB throws where the receiver should be, but the receiver turns the opposite direction and isn't in position to catch the ball. The QB throws an on target pass that the receiver mishandles, tipping the ball into the air for it to be intercepted. A receiver catches the ball, only to be stripped of it by the defense. Same with running back fumbles.

TEAMS win or lose games. The entire 53 man roster PLUS coaches.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Look, if Lock plays outstanding, I'll admit I was wrong.

If Darnold bombs, I'll admit I was wrong.

If In a couple years, Fields stinks and Zach Wilson is a top 10 QB, I'll admit I was wrong.

To me, Lock should have been better than he was given the supporting talent. Yes, losing Sutton hurt, but he still had enough to have up a better season.

And to say Lock isn't a bust yet but Darnold is, is ridiculous.

Anyone who watches football with a basic understanding of the game, knows the Jets gave Darnold no chance of having any success.

You know who's a bust? Teddy Bridgewater. And yet some Broncos fans are happy to have him compete to possibly be our starting QB.
    I don't feel I can say one will bust or boom for sure. I think they are in a similar position show up or be replaced this is the year for you to show us you're a nfl qb or be replaced. Even though I would be happy to trade down to get Bryce young in 2022. He looks awesome as a qb prospect. He is the closest thing I have seen to a Russell Wilson recently coming up.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think we’re arguing semantics. Did the Jets have a better oline than us? I know I can’t say that they did and I don’t think anyone else would either. Did the Jets have better skill position players? I think everyone would agree they didn’t. Darnold isn’t a bust, but he’s definitely in the same boat as Lock in that he has to go out and prove that the Jets debacle wasn’t on him. He’s getting a good group of skill players and a solid oline in Carolina so if he can’t get it done this season the blame will fall on him. Same thing with Lock, a year to learn the offense and gain chemistry with his young talented skills guys, and what should be the best oline he’s had to work with since he was drafted, if he can’t get it done the blame will continue to fall on him.

It’s a make or break year for both of these guys.
    The only thing I'm arguing against is this:

Lock was afforded a solid offensive line, good receivers, a talented tight end and two good running backs.

That is a ridiculous statement and I have a hard time believing that anyone could sincerely hold this opinion if they actually watched our games last season.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Again, when was that? Because, for starters, the last time the Broncos had anything resembling a solid O-Line Drew Lock was still in High School. And the line benefited from having PFM at QB so even that is debatable. And Darnold has still been in the NFL for a year longer than Lock. So...no.
    I think we’re arguing semantics. Did the Jets have a better oline than us? I know I can’t say that they did and I don’t think anyone else would either. Did the Jets have better skill position players? I think everyone would agree they didn’t. Darnold isn’t a bust, but he’s definitely in the same boat as Lock in that he has to go out and prove that the Jets debacle wasn’t on him. He’s getting a good group of skill players and a solid oline in Carolina so if he can’t get it done this season the blame will fall on him. Same thing with Lock, a year to learn the offense and gain chemistry with his young talented skills guys, and what should be the best oline he’s had to work with since he was drafted, if he can’t get it done the blame will continue to fall on him.

It’s a make or break year for both of these guys.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

I'm comparing it to the Jets offensive line and our skill position players compared to the Jets. Lock had much more around him than Darnold yet he put up below average numbers.

I'm saying if Darnold is a bust, then Lock is too.
    Again, when was that? Because, for starters, the last time the Broncos had anything resembling a solid O-Line Drew Lock was still in High School. And the line benefited from having PFM at QB so even that is debatable. And Darnold has still been in the NFL for a year longer than Lock. So...no.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

I'm comparing it to the Jets offensive line and our skill position players compared to the Jets. Lock had much more around him than Darnold yet he put up below average numbers.

No offense but any line where Elijah Wilkinson is starting art Rt is not a solid line. Dude can't deal with speed rushers. Has below average agility for a starting ot and gets eaten alive on the outside. Then throw Cush was in his rookie and looked below average at best. Then Risner took a step back. Our oline was average at best. I would consider it a below average oline with Cush as a rookie and still developing and a revolving door known as Elijah Wilkinson at rt. It wasn't solid and the rt position was absolutely horrid

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied

If In a couple years, Fields stinks and Zach Wilson is a top 10 QB, I'll admit I was wrong.

To me, Lock should have been better than he was given the supporting talent. Yes, losing Sutton hurt, but he still had enough to have up a better season.

Anyone who watches football with a basic understanding of the game, knows the Jets gave Darnold no chance of having any success.

You know who's a bust? Teddy Bridgewater. And yet some Broncos fans are happy to have him compete to possibly be our starting QB.
    would take Darnold over Lock any day of the week

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied

Last edited by sra84; 05-27-2021, 06:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

When did that happen?

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-r...of-sam-darnold

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

​​​​​
    When did that happen?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X