Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Paton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • George Paton

    The man is genius. Does not give up on the development of Drew Lock. He see's him putting in the effort, working with Peyton Manning. He fills the defense full of top notch secondary to stop the division rivals.....supporting the strength of the head coach. He gives the offense a superb immediate and future running back. He never gives up his tendency's, he never over pays, he....I could go on......

  • #2
    Yes there are some admirable things here. You could throw in how he’s handled free agency and it’s an impressive start. Still though, he’s left our most important position room filled by questionable (not saying it will never pan out but even the most ardent of fans have to admit it’s questionable) starting talent.

    And that’s true even though there were opportunities to add potentially significantly more talent to that room through the draft. At this point, his promise to bring in competition to the quarterback room looks like he meant Teddy B. who is, by most accounts, a backup. If that’s his idea of bringing in competition (meaning that he thinks Drew will have a challenge there) then I think it’s clear that starting talent needs to be re-examined.

    So admittedly, Paton has done some things that are good, but neglecting significant needs like quarterback (and not to mention would it be too much to ask Denver to draft a starting inside linebacker finally?) is kind of a Sisyphusian endeavor (it is bound to fail repeatedly and thus has no point).
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Humberg View Post
      Yes there are some admirable things here. You could throw in how he’s handled free agency and it’s an impressive start. Still though, he’s left our most important position room filled by questionable (not saying it will never pan out but even the most ardent of fans have to admit it’s questionable) starting talent.

      And that’s true even though there were opportunities to add potentially significantly more talent to that room through the draft. At this point, his promise to bring in competition to the quarterback room looks like he meant Teddy B. who is, by most accounts, a backup. If that’s his idea of bringing in competition (meaning that he thinks Drew will have a challenge there) then I think it’s clear that starting talent needs to be re-examined.

      So admittedly, Paton has done some things that are good, but neglecting significant needs like quarterback (and not to mention would it be too much to ask Denver to draft a starting inside linebacker finally?) is kind of a Sisyphusian endeavor (it is bound to fail repeatedly and thus has no point).
      wow, you post like once a year and then pull out words like "Sisyphusian"

      Comment


      • #4
        Is it possible a new cornerback can turn a loser team into Superbowl contender? Probably not.
        Elway hired him and is pulling his strings. If the team does bad, itll be Patons fault. if they do good it'llbe because Elway knows how to pick a GM.
        Gonna be another boring team next year too.

        I thought this was going to be a "fire George and John Thread", seems like they are both confused.
        Last edited by MrMax; 04-30-2021, 07:09 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MrMax View Post
          Is it possible a new cornerback can turn a loser team into Superbowl contender? Probably not.
          Elway hired him and is pulling his strings. If the team does bad, itll be Patons fault. if they do good it'llbe because Elway knows how to pick a GM.
          Gonna be another boring team next year too.

          I thought this was going to be a "fire George and John Thread", seems like they are both confused.
          Another hater ......

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

            wow, you post like once a year and then pull out words like "Sisyphusian"
            LOL, the long time between posts gives me ample opportunity to look up Brobdingnagian words.
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

            Comment


            • #7
              He is killing it with this draft for sure, that Mighty Quinn guy is scary as hell!!!

              The RB from Carolina flat knocks people out as well, what wrecking crew we are assembling, Go Broncos!!!
              [sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                He is killing it with this draft for sure, that Mighty Quinn guy is scary as hell!!!

                The RB from Carolina flat knocks people out as well, what wrecking crew we are assembling, Go Broncos!!!
                There have been many years where we were called a "finesses team" , I think that is changing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just hope he knows what he is doing. Elway was good but really only thing he did was gotten Peyton Manning as well as won SB 50. But after that, sadly it all went downhill for him.
                  Ready for October Falls

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
                    Just hope he knows what he is doing. Elway was good but really only thing he did was gotten Peyton Manning as well as won SB 50. But after that, sadly it all went downhill for him.
                    Dude, you cut him way too short with one little sentence. I guess it is a "what have you done lately". The entire league believes this team is a QB away right ? It got that way due to Mr. Elway. Besides, we have our QB.....give him a chance. You watch..........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Overall, I like what Paton has done. I like the team that is being put together through free agency and the draft.

                      My only gripe, thus far, is QB. Yes, I am not a fan of Lock, it's no surprise. And, I always knew that there was more than a good chance, that, Lock would be our QB going into 2021. What my biggest issue is, is that, Paton had said on more than one occasion, that they wanted to bring in competition.

                      They looked into trading for Stafford. I didn't want to do that because, we would have had to trade away first round picks, for an aging QB, who's not on the level of a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.

                      They were looking at Deshaun Watson, and rightfully so, but the allegations that surfaced forced us to back away.....as we should have.

                      The fact that they feel trading for Teddy Bridgewater is enough, to me, is absurd. Bridgewater is a backup QB. He's not someone who should be competing for a starting QB position.



                      It's that it's becoming apparent that even if there wasn't the possibility of Rodgers becoming available, that they were content with just Lock and Bridgewater.

                      That's my biggest complaint. We didn't bring in real, legitimate QB competition.

                      Whether or not Rodgers becomes available is irrelevant at the moment.

                      Otherwise, I like what he's done.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Locks out if Patton can grab Rodgers but those were all nice thoughts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

                          Dude, you cut him way too short with one little sentence. I guess it is a "what have you done lately". The entire league believes this team is a QB away right ? It got that way due to Mr. Elway. Besides, we have our QB.....give him a chance. You watch..........
                          By that standard everyone in the league have their QB.
                          Lock has been bad and hope not based on fact is the most powerful argument for Drew Lock.
                          Maybe he grows - but there is very little to hang our hat on!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                            By that standard everyone in the league have their QB.
                            Lock has been bad and hope not based on fact is the most powerful argument for Drew Lock.
                            Maybe he grows - but there is very little to hang our hat on!
                            Nothings changed with Lock since Missouri. He acted like a clown on the field and choked at the most critical moments.

                            His number one knock draft day from the experts was he needed to mature on the field and this should have happened the day he was drafted. Personally im tired of all the Drew Lock excuses and I believe Patton is too. Hes just not the guy!

                            Bridgewater will be the starter this year unless Rodgers lands in Denver.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hope people do not get too caught up in the Broncos not doing what each fan or media thought the Broncos should do.

                              The Broncos have a plan and seem to be executing it. It seems to be a team of people where Paton is leading the team. Scouts and coaches working with Paton leading the team.

                              We will not know until the games are being played what the plan is. Between now and then coaches need to work on getting players ready. Scouts need to work on getting the coaches ready for opponents. Lot still needs to happen before we know if this was a good plan and how well it was executed in free agency and the draft.

                              Football is one of the most ultimate team sports. It is easy for fans and media to focus on one position but teams win because of team efforts. It is why some really good players had zero or very few Super Bowl appearances.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X