Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Another poll gang, because I think it has become a topic of potential (even if the odds are small at this point).

I make no apologies, I have been an Aaron Rodgers fan since he was signed by The Pack. I felt for the guy, having to sit and wait as Favre held the job, and from what some sources say, was not the best mentor/cheerleader for the young player. Whatever the case, he did wait and wait. It started with his memorable wait at The Draft.

But he proved himself once he got the keys, and though he has a swagger, and some might think he's a bad dude, he is a Hall of Famer first ballot, and he has a crown and MVPs in his pocket. Whether you like him or not, he will go down as one of the best QBs in the history of the game. Don't take my word for it.

So if someone asks, "you interested in acquiring probably one of the top 10 or so QBs ever, who just came off an MVP season?", do you have to think really hard before you respond with, "sure, I'll think about it." And when you assess options, is one of the considerations the fact that you might just be unsure of what you have?

Anyway....I'm all in. Because I like Rodgers as a player, and you know what, he's not that bad given his charitable efforts. I have my opinions, but I believe some folks get a dislike for someone and just never stop feeding the feeling. Besides, I am sure there are some Broncos that might not be the greatest dudes on earth. Do we stop liking the team?? If it's criminal type stuff, maybe you should. But my point is, most teams have a bad egg or two. I'll concede...Aaron Rodgers is not perfect.

But as I like to mention, the Manning situation will always be part of my Broncos' memories. How we landed him, and how great at least two of his years were....make that three, because we won a SB that year! It was O on steroids, and I'll never forget our visit to Denver when we put 52 on the board! And it made Free Agents more excited to join us. Four years, two SB games, a number of records, one championship!!

So yeah, count me in. The question is for how much. That will be your choice in the end, in the poll. But remember, though Manning was not a trade related acquisition, he did come here with health concerns, whereas Rodgers appears to be much less of a risk.

And not to beat the ole horse...I am not sold on the QBs we have. I would prefer to go in on Rodgers for even a couple of years, then to start all over after next season, if we do not succeed.

Bottom line....winning titles is the ultimate goal. One of them is worth so many years of trying.

Would sell the farm for him
    30.93%
    Would offer competitive market price for him
    53.61%
    Would consider but only if a lower than market price
    6.19%
    Would not consider trading for him
    9.28%

Rodgers means superbowl here, isn't that the goal every year?? Sell sell sell

Comment

JUST SAY NO TO AROD!!!

I think The Broncos have to be committed to developing a Young quarterback. And we need to have patience with any Young quarterback that we draft or acquire.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        JUST SAY NO TO AROD!!!

I think The Broncos have to be committed to developing a Young quarterback. And we need to have patience with any Young quarterback that we draft or acquire.
        While I would agree...most times.....this is Aaron FREAKING Rodgers!!! There are a handful of QBs who you don't even question if you have an opportunity to bring in. Do we worry about Brock Osweilers feelings or do we let Manning take over and win us a championship??? Maybe this could/would be the best thing for Drew to watch and learn from an all time great??? Drew can sit back behind the scenes and pick Peytons brain but he can't watch Peyton play and see 1st hand how he does it.

Comment

Before I vote, any idea what would be a competitive market price?

Comment

You have a chance to add the reigning NFL MVP at the most important position in football? No question. Signing A-Rod would immediately make the Broncos relevant, immediately give them the best quarterback in the NFL, let alone their division, and make them a Super Bowl contender for the upcoming years. There is no roster addition or move that would mean more for this team.

And his addition to this team puts us in serious discussion for the best team in the NFL. If it’s at all possible, I would think it’s a no brainier.

In terms of reality, I think it’s low likelihood. Green Bay has dug in. As has been written about it may depend on how ready they think Love is and if he can make them feel good about parting with A-Rod.
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
              More than likely a 1st and a player or 2...and that's just the opening offer. But, how much is a championship or championships worth?? Imo, it's worth it

Comment

I put competitive price but in some peoples eyes my view of that might look like selling the farm. Minimum of 2 1sts and a 2nd plus a player.

I'm still on the wait and see list with Drew Lock but if you have the chance to get HOF level play out of the QB position even if it's just for the next 3-5 years, you take it.

My instinct tells me if we are truly a team that Rodgers wants to come to and we're only a select few, we actually might have more leverage in the process. Rodgers seems to be of the mind that he will retire rather than play for GB. Therefore if we wait and were one of a couple teams who he would be willing to be traded to, we can wait and basically say look either your getting nothing and won't have Rodgers, or you can have some draft capital and won't have Rodgers. I doubt we will be put in a spot where we need to drastically over pay, and Paton has shown that he won't overpay in trades.

A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                  Yeah, I leave that open to interpretation, because just like anything else in the marketplace, it varies with conditions. But I see some of our group are providing advice, so I appreciate that!

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                    I put competitive price but in some peoples eyes my view of that might look like selling the farm. Minimum of 2 1sts and a 2nd plus a player.

I'm still on the wait and see list with Drew Lock but if you have the chance to get HOF level play out of the QB position even if it's just for the next 3-5 years, you take it.

My instinct tells me if we are truly a team that Rodgers wants to come to and we're only a select few, we actually might have more leverage in the process. Rodgers seems to be of the mind that he will retire rather than play for GB. Therefore if we wait and were one of a couple teams who he would be willing to be traded to, we can wait and basically say look either your getting nothing and won't have Rodgers, or you can have some draft capital and won't have Rodgers. I doubt we will be put in a spot where we need to drastically over pay, and Paton has shown that he won't overpay in trades.

Good stuff! It's what I expect from you.

The reason I stay up on this Rodgers situation is that there's lights here and there that shine in a good way. Like Daniel Jeremiah (supported by Charles Davis) saying that Rodgers would love the receivers we have. Then Rapoport mentioned that it is believed Rodgers sees Denver as a good landing spot. No guarantees, but lots of positives. And that little report that recently stated The Broncos have an above average roster, with the exception of the QB group. I recall it being 6th best, but I do not want to overstate.

And yes, evidence of how things can go, think of how few people expected Brady to take leave, and many did not see Tampa as a contender even at that. That's almost the blueprint for veteran QBs to consider. Hey, Tom just did it! And now Tampa is a serious threat again. Players want to go there. Players want to play with the big boys.

Anyway, the extra plus about his soon to be wife having a Colorado connection never hurts.

So realistically, given how apparently ticked he is, it does have possibilities. And though I checked the "competitive price" choice, I lean towards sell the farm to some degree.

Comment

I would give up picks but not players, (exception of Bridgewater and Gordon). Dont see why Green Bay would want them though. So I would say just picks, and anything more than 2 firsts (2022 and 2023) and a second would be too much. So I voted on the basis that this is a competitive market price.

Would hate to start giving away any significant pieces we've assembled over the past 3 years.

Comment

It’s an MVP quality QB. Broncos have to inquire and make a competitive offer if he is truly on the market.

Have concerns of cost of course. In any deal there has to be a line that can’t be crossed. A “willing to walk away “
                        line. Not so sure FO or many fans will agree on where that line is when caught in the frenzy of the moment. How many picks, players, cost cutting will be needed. It matters.

Also, have to include the expected new contract. Will Rodgers sign for “reasonable” amount or is he looking to be highest paid QB for long term? It matters whether he accepts $25m? $35m? $40m? Part of that equation is how motivated will he be to prove he is the best over a 3-4 year contract?

You are comparing to the Manning signing, does Rodgers have that fanatical work ethic that drove the entire team to be a champion? I do not know how he is as a teammate. Maybe a Rodgers fan can speak to that. JMO but he has always seemed to be a bit of a diva. Incredibly talented but not with that competitive drive of a Manning or Brady.

Bottom line is they have to inquire and make the effort but it has to make sense overall from the team. But within limits. I admit I am also one of the few that believes that Lock is going to improve into a good QB for years to come. I also realize it will likely be a Stafford in the same division as Rodgers situation when compared to a Mahomes. There are limits to my expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          It’s an MVP quality QB. Broncos have to inquire and make a competitive offer if he is truly on the market.

Have concerns of cost of course. In any deal there has to be a line that can’t be crossed. A “willing to walk away “
                          line. Not so sure FO or many fans will agree on where that line is when caught in the frenzy of the moment. How many picks, players, cost cutting will be needed. It matters.

Also, have to include the expected new contract. Will Rodgers sign for “reasonable” amount or is he looking to be highest paid QB for long term? It matters whether he accepts $25m? $35m? $40m? Part of that equation is how motivated will he be to prove he is the best over a 3-4 year contract?

You are comparing to the Manning signing, does Rodgers have that fanatical work ethic that drove the entire team to be a champion? I do not know how he is as a teammate. Maybe a Rodgers fan can speak to that. JMO but he has always seemed to be a bit of a diva. Incredibly talented but not with that competitive drive of a Manning or Brady.

Bottom line is they have to inquire and make the effort but it has to make sense overall from the team. But within limits. I admit I am also one of the few that believes that Lock is going to improve into a good QB for years to come. I also realize it will likely be a Stafford in the same division as Rodgers situation when compared to a Mahomes. There are limits to my expectations!

I compare to The Manning "buzz" and how excited I got....I have a "buzz" with this as well, and I did with The Watson possibilities. So no, Rodgers is not Manning, but Manning was not Rodgers either. Manning was a workaholic, and extremely disciplined...not to mention he was an OC on the field. He will always be one of the top QBs in history. And he was probably a better teammate, but we have to ask the players, not read into what is sometimes written. Rodgers is an excellent passer, so he must put in the time, at least with receivers. And I would not sell Rodgers short on pulling our team forward. Rodgers was definitely the better scrambler. Regardless, I am not here to even consider taking away from Manning. I am more less stating my feelings about landing another HoF QB, who I believe could take this team over the top, instantly!

Comment

Why not, the look on Chucky's face would be priceless. Ol' Andy might have a heart attack.

I'd pay a Buck Fiddy for that jersey....
                            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              JUST SAY NO TO AROD!!!

you understand the goal of any franchise is to win a championship. 4-5 years of finishing second means absolutely nothing. If you have the chance to win and win now you grab Rodgers

Comment

Working...
                              X