Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see alot of posts about Rogers attitude, and frankly i think it is unfair to say he has an attitude without mentioning 9out of the last 10 1rst rounders have been Defensive players and the 1/10 was a Qb that they never discussed with him. So reason to have attitude and animosity? Absolutely 100%

That being said i don't know how you approach the situation with the other Qb's, 1 just being aquired and other working his tail off with Peyton Manning this off -season. I don't know if Green Bay can franchise tag him or not? (maybe someone can clarify?) But if that is a possibility then i think you roll with who shows up in camp ready to go and pursue Rogers next year after Franchise tag. (if that's a thing) That gives you 1 more year to evaluate what you have and the current QB's have it in the back of their mind as a motivator this year and if they don't perform as expected then it will be no surprise to them either.

So at this time i will say below market value for simple fact i don't think GB will let him go cheap, but if he sits out entire season GB will be ready to let him go, and you got a 37 year old who just rested his body for a full year prior. Jmho

( just read he is still under contract so i guess franchise tag is non issue)
    Last edited by BroncosRockdaRockies; 05-05-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
      I see alot of posts about Rogers attitude, and frankly i think it is unfair to say he has an attitude without mentioning 9out of the last 10 1rst rounders have been Defensive players and the 1/10 was a Qb that they never discussed with him. So reason to have attitude and animosity? Absolutely 100%

That being said i don't know how you approach the situation with the other Qb's, 1 just being aquired and other working his tail off with Peyton Manning this off -season. I don't know if Green Bay can franchise tag him or not? (maybe someone can clarify?) But if that is a possibility then i think you roll with who shows up in camp ready to go and pursue Rogers next year after Franchise tag. (if that's a thing) That gives you 1 more year to evaluate what you have and the current QB's have it in the back of their mind as a motivator this year and if they don't perform as expected then it will be no surprise to them either.

So at this time i will say below market value for simple fact i don't think GB will let him go cheap, but if he sits out entire season GB will be ready to let him go, and you got a 37 year old who just rested his body for a full year prior. Jmho
      One of the reasons reported about why San Francisco didn’t draft him was his attitude. He’s apparently always thought that he’s the smartest guy in the room.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

With Surtain you kind of address your own question about CB. Why trade a #9 high quality CB to save a speculated mid/ late 20s 1st rd pick? I would rather have Surtain.

Just me, but I would be very selective of which players I would include. Trimming the roster too much and creating roster holes to be filled by later picks or minimal available dollars in free agency. Surtain is a potential AllPro on a rookie contract for most of the time Rodgers is expected to play.

Picks and a couple depth players would be my preference. One of the QBs, yes. No starters.
        I can see that interpretation, but imagine if The Pack were negotiating with several teams, and they wanted a CB badly. And the trade almost hinged on it. We have loaded up on CBs this offseason. But say that they really wanted Surtain, and in so doing, would be quite fair otherwise. I would definitely listen. Whereas imagine if we had gone for Slater instead, as an example. I might not be so open to trade a stellar young OT, given our overall roster.....especially now with James down.

But if Surtain is off limits based on what our leadership thinks, that's fine by me. All I am saying is that, if we are ever in the running, we must be prepared to give a little here, and maybe take back a little there. We can not be 100% choosy if in a competition. And though I am not in the sell the farm mode, I am closer to that than getting out of the bidding.

As I said, if that Exec knows anything, I'll gladly settle for 2 1sts and a 2nd. In the case of Surtain, maybe it's him, another 1st and 2nd. At least that's how I might present it. There are various ways to negotiate.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

One of the reasons reported about why San Francisco didn’t draft him was his attitude. He’s apparently always thought that he’s the smartest guy in the room.
          Ok, but that was when he was young and a Rookie, but now i feel it could be justified to an extent right? As far as thinking he is smartest in the room, When did having confidence turn into a bad thing? I mean you probabally know better than i do. But i'm just curious don't you want someone with so to speak swag at that pos?

Comment

Ok, but that was when he was young and a Rookie, but now i feel it could be justified to an extent right? As far as thinking he is smartest in the room, When did having confidence turn into a bad thing? I mean you probabally know better than i do. But i'm just curious don't you want someone with so to speak swag at that pos?
            I can't imagine a 3 time MVP, SB champ, first ballot HoFamer having a bit of a swagger being a terrible thing.

Comment

It’s one thing to be confident. It’s another to come off as uncoachable.

I’ve already said that I’m all for acquiring Rodgers. This isn’t like that guy in Houston. It’s already been proven with Rodgers that you’re going to be a Super Bowl contender with him on your team.

I’m just not going to pretend he doesn’t have his warts. I believe more than one former teammate has come out and said negative things about him. That’s not a normal thing.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It’s one thing to be confident. It’s another to come off as uncoachable.

I’ve already said that I’m all for acquiring Rodgers. This isn’t like that guy in Houston. It’s already been proven with Rodgers that you’re going to be a Super Bowl contender with him on your team.

I’m just not going to pretend he doesn’t have his warts. I believe more than one former teammate has come out and said negative things about him. That’s not a normal thing.
                I don't mean any disrespect, i hope i'm not coming across that way. I've literally been out of the loop for a while just trying to get a better understanding is all. So apologies if it did.

Comment

I don't mean any disrespect, i hope i'm not coming across that way. I've literally been out of the loop for a while just trying to get a better understanding is all. So apologies if it did.
                  My opinion....Aaron Rodgers is not as bad a dude as many keep making him out to be. I have mentioned his charitable donations as an example, though some may choose to ignore that stuff.

Do I think he's perfect? Not so. But do I think he's liked by most of his team mates? I do.

Truth is, when I played competitively (well, not pro that's for sure, though we did make money in ball tournaments and bowling....haha), I liked having a very confident leader type on my side. Even a bit of an ego....as long as that player wanted to win as a team. I believe Rodgers wants to win as a team.

Comment

• Yes, Rodgers is a spoiled diva. He also threw for 48 tds with only 5 ints last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                      Yes, Rodgers is a spoiled diva. He also threw for 48 tds with only 5 ints last year.
                      It's a 101 logic thing. But only if both parts are true...

Rodgers is a spoiled diva
                      Rodgers threw for 48 TDs with only 5 pics

One could argue that Rodgers is not a spoiled diva, or maybe just a partial one
                      One could not argue that he threw 48 TDs with only 5 pics

Therefore. at worst he is some type of jerk, but had an (yet another) incredible season. And anything he is, less than being a spoiled diva, is all gravy.

For now I'd go with the facts, and given the length of his career, and continued excellence as a QB, I would suggest the so called diva part has not exactly been a big impediment.

Comment

• There are just 5 other players that have won The MVP 3 times:

Jim Brown
                        Johnny U
                        Payton Manning
                        Brett Favre
                        Tom Brady

Comment

As long as he stays out of of my living room and off my couch on Halloween night.....yea.......I'm cool with that.

Comment

• God, I hope this happens. The question is... how do you acquire him without totally devastating the Broncos SB window over the next 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                              God, I hope this happens. The question is... how do you acquire him without totally devastating the Broncos SB window over the next 3 years.
                              Can you explain just a little? Are you saying it would hurt us to trade for him? As in it would take too much? Or that it is not a great long term plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Can you explain just a little? Are you saying it would hurt us to trade for him? As in it would take too much? Or that it is not a great long term plan?
                                You trade away 3 first rounders over the next 3 drafts to see out ARs contract. If he stays healthy, likely those are very late 1st rounders, might as well be 2nds. Those drafts show you losing out on potential major contributing playmakers not only for ARs tenure, but long past. Taking on one of the largest NFL contracts would see us cutting ties with players instead of resigning them.

I ask myself, is another SB worth 5-10+ year drought? Yes. These things are usually a double-edged sword... a deal with the devil. The problem is, there is no such guarantee of a SB even if we sign him. I think we have the 2nd best offensive roster in the AFCW behind KC. The best defense (on paper), without a doubt. What are you willing to give up?

Comment

Working...
                                X