Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I phrase things badly. Manning was our best option and he wanted to come here. We can’t afford him. We need to trust our Qi play this year. We are stacked if drew lock doesn’t pan out this year I’ll eat crow. Not having an off season last year and the pandemic.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

      I like Cynthia Frelund's recent trade scenario better......'22 first and second, '23 first, and a conditional 4th rounder. Still steep but not terrible. I trust her analytical ability and inclusion of likely factors.

      I did forget Bridgewater and Hamler, as part of this deal. Bridgewater would not be a real loss of any sort, given we would have Rodgers and Lock. Hamler would be a loss. but we would still have a good quality group of weapons.
      This is pretty close to the max I'd give up. I'd have a hard time giving up Hamler or any player because with Rodgers we're giving up draft picks and salary cap. The whole reason to trade for Rodgers is to have a 3-4 year window to win a Super Bowl and if you can't draft or sign FA players, you'll need to win with the players we have plus Rodgers.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

        This is pretty close to the max I'd give up. I'd have a hard time giving up Hamler or any player because with Rodgers we're giving up draft picks and salary cap. The whole reason to trade for Rodgers is to have a 3-4 year window to win a Super Bowl and if you can't draft or sign FA players, you'll need to win with the players we have plus Rodgers.
        It would be tough. As I stated before, not the Bridgewater part, because we never had him, and a Rodgers/Lock combo would be pretty cool. As for Hamler, if it came down to that, I'd accept the pain. Sutton could become the new Adams at some point (though not exactly the same type), and Jeudy could easily be better than any 2nd receiver Rodgers would have in GB. Plus Fant could become the kind of toy Rodgers would love! Lets not forget Patrick's 51 receptions and 742 yards either. If Lock could get him the ball, think of what Rodgers could do.

        With Gordon and Williams in the backfield, Rodgers would be set.

        Comment


        • It's a done deal folks.......

          Quarterback Blake Bortles is in Green Bay to sign with the Packers, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday.










          Last edited by CanDB; 05-12-2021, 03:41 PM.

          Comment


          • Sign Aaron Freaking Rogers!!! NOW!!!
            going nowhere with our current Qb

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Interesting video about the 3 teams that make most sense for a trade discussion, per NFL Network's Cynthia Frelund. I think she is excellent when it comes to statistical analysis. As you will see, The Broncos are the first team she identifies, along with Washington and The Saints. She has us offering Bridgewater, Hamler, 2 1sts ('22 and '23) and a '22 2nd, plus a conditional 4th. Not cheap, but not surprising.

              https://www.nfl.com/videos/three-pot...rs-game-theory
              This seems like low compensation to Packers. I cannot imagine that this would get the deal done.
              If we take the story and orange colored glasses off, then why would Green Bay go that way?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                This seems like low compensation to Packers. I cannot imagine that this would get the deal done.
                If we take the story and orange colored glasses off, then why would Green Bay go that way?
                Cynthia Frelund does not wear orange coloured glasses (that I know of), so maybe we should ask her.

                Comment


                • Can anyone give me an example where a trade like what is being speculated, has lead to the team acquiring the player having success? TB was a FA, he had a cap number of 11M. Rodgers would hamstring this franchise and would be a 40M cap number...costing us the ability to maintain talent.

                  Would rather spend a 1st the next three years drafting QBs then trade for Aaron.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                    Can anyone give me an example where a trade like what is being speculated, has lead to the team acquiring the player having success? TB was a FA, he had a cap number of 11M. Rodgers would hamstring this franchise and would be a 40M cap number...costing us the ability to maintain talent.

                    Would rather spend a 1st the next three years drafting QBs then trade for Aaron.
                    Well, there are some who seem to believe the Broncos are cursed when it comes to drafting their own franchise quarterback. In that scenario, trading for A-Aron is the way to go.

                    The draft is the likely way the Broncos will have to go because Rodgers is likely to stay in Green Bay.

                    I support trading for A-Aron because it’s been proven that you will be a legitimate Super Bowl contender with him on your team. Without out that, I would be against it.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                      Can anyone give me an example where a trade like what is being speculated, has lead to the team acquiring the player having success? TB was a FA, he had a cap number of 11M. Rodgers would hamstring this franchise and would be a 40M cap number...costing us the ability to maintain talent.

                      Would rather spend a 1st the next three years drafting QBs then trade for Aaron.
                      I don’t think it’d be that bad retaining our current core, if the chiefs have taught me anything it’s that the salary cap is only real to fans. Losing out on picks suck, but the core of this team is strong and once you’re in the playoffs anything can happen.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Can anyone give me an example where a trade like what is being speculated, has lead to the team acquiring the player having success? TB was a FA, he had a cap number of 11M. Rodgers would hamstring this franchise and would be a 40M cap number...costing us the ability to maintain talent.

                        Would rather spend a 1st the next three years drafting QBs then trade for Aaron.
                        That's it.....you said it....a trade like this seldom comes along. That's why you take advantage if it does. Don't worry about cap space, and a few lost draft picks. The financial gurus always find a way, and QB draft picks do not have a great hit rate. So if you think the league MVP, still with a chip, has any additional value, including the Instant ability to get this team into the playoffs for 2 or more seasons, you pay the price. Unless you are convinced that you have the long term QB in the fold already.

                        I keep saying it....think of what a Brady could do. And IMO Rodgers is the better player as we speak.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                          Well, there are some who seem to believe the Broncos are cursed when it comes to drafting their own franchise quarterback. In that scenario, trading for A-Aron is the way to go.

                          The draft is the likely way the Broncos will have to go because Rodgers is likely to stay in Green Bay.

                          I support trading for A-Aron because it’s been proven that you will be a legitimate Super Bowl contender with him on your team. Without out that, I would be against it.
                          Why - we can only win SB's with QBs drafed #1 by the Colts - maybe we should trade for the rights to Andrew Luck if he comes back :-)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                            That's it.....you said it....a trade like this seldom comes along. That's why you take advantage if it does. Don't worry about cap space, and a few lost draft picks. The financial gurus always find a way, and QB draft picks do not have a great hit rate. So if you think the league MVP, still with a chip, has any additional value, including the Instant ability to get this team into the playoffs for 2 or more seasons, you pay the price. Unless you are convinced that you have the long term QB in the fold already.

                            I keep saying it....think of what a Brady could do. And IMO Rodgers is the better player as we speak.
                            Maybe Aaron Rodgers, Peyton.... are/were better than Tom Brady, but Brady has invested in success in a way that Rogers, RW, Mahomes..... are not willing to. What Brady has done is always allowing his team to pay 2-3 more elite players than ex. Peyton did. A player like Damarcus Ware had a huge impact, and that is the kind of talent that Brady has allowed his teams to sign a few more of.

                            You may not worry about the picks and the money, but it is smart to look at that very important side as well

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                              Maybe Aaron Rodgers, Peyton.... are/were better than Tom Brady, but Brady has invested in success in a way that Rogers, RW, Mahomes..... are not willing to. What Brady has done is always allowing his team to pay 2-3 more elite players than ex. Peyton did. A player like Damarcus Ware had a huge impact, and that is the kind of talent that Brady has allowed his teams to sign a few more of.

                              You may not worry about the picks and the money, but it is smart to look at that very important side as well
                              I believe those of us in on Rodgers have taken everything into account. I may be wrong, but what I believe doubters do is underestimate the impact of still very active HoF QBs, and what they can do for a team. Manning helped us become an instant contender. So did Brady make TB one. And so will Rodgers if he takes the leap. In the first two cases, there were many doubters.....but if you ask them now they will probably tell you something different.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                                Why - we can only win SB's with QBs drafed #1 by the Colts - maybe we should trade for the rights to Andrew Luck if he comes back :-)
                                I’m all for it. Send a fourth and a conditional sixth to the Colts. It’s worth it.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X