Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Good Rant - Agree though.
    AS great as Aarod is maybe we should swing for Jimmy G instead. While Aarod has been close many times he has not been able to get back to the SB, and there is a lot to be said for having a strong team and Jimmy G has been steady. Not the same talent, much younger and much cheaper.
    Pass....we already have a back-up

Comment

• My rant is premature. There is still time to work out any issues. But I still hate being held hostage by a third party. With no guarantees they ever resolve their dispute to the Broncos advantage. Broncos can be stalled in this for weeks and then see Rodgers happily reconcile with GB or traded elsewhere.

Or the Broncos make the trade and then need to negotiate Rodgers extension and any resulting cap fallout. They also need to replace any of the young players speculated to be part of the trade ( Chubb, Risner, Surtain, ???). And as mentioned, figure out the offense. How effective will the combination of Shurmur and Rodgers be? Can they work together or is part of Rodgers expectations be “his” offense or hire a new OC?

And don’t forget the possibility of Rodgers not coming and the abrupt change of direction to embracing Lock as the starter. Only a few will be happy with that outcome after months of the Rodgers as a Bronco fantasy. Evan as a supporter of sticking with Lock I assume I will have an emotional let down. Can only imagine the vitriol that will come from the “Lock is a bum” crowd.

Seems to be a lot of moving parts to put together by training camp. The sooner the decision is made the better to have a shot at a competitive season. The longer it lingers the bigger the chance the dysfunction just becomes another Bronco problem.

Clock is ticking on the season.

Comment

• Hmmmm....

The Broncos are moving forward with lock as the starter. We wre set and set in stone. There is no dysfunction. There is no drama. All of that is fans and media. It does not exist for the broncos.

Should Rodgers come available then they may look for the trade. I hope they do. That won't change anything except whom the starting qb is.

There is no trade involving all of that. It holds the same weight as someone saying the price will be a 7th rd pick and the rights to Todd sourbrun. The players are staying.. gb is the one that has to trade hi. We do not have to trade for him. The price tag will be quite a bit less. Elway is also a master negotiator.

If it goes down look for picks and not players. if there are players it will be backups. That trade scenario is for Dwatson.

And lololololol at anyone wanting to bring in Jimmy g over hof Rodgers. Lmao!
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          Hmmmm....

The Broncos are moving forward with lock as the starter. We wre set and set in stone. There is no dysfunction. There is no drama. All of that is fans and media. It does not exist for the broncos.

Should Rodgers come available then they may look for the trade. I hope they do. That won't change anything except whom the starting qb is.

There is no trade involving all of that. It holds the same weight as someone saying the price will be a 7th rd pick and the rights to Todd sourbrun. The players are staying.. gb is the one that has to trade hi. We do not have to trade for him. The price tag will be quite a bit less. Elway is also a master negotiator.

If it goes down look for picks and not players. if there are players it will be backups. That trade scenario is for Dwatson.

You are far too logical my friend!

We have a plan. Lock and Bridgewater are the top 2 QBs, and will compete for the starting job.

If the current MVP, future HoF QB becomes available to us in and around early June, we might try to make a deal. Based on the reports we keep hearing, The Broncos make sense as a landing spot. Not for sure. Not a guarantee. Just a possibility.

In the meantime the team is not sitting on their butts waiting for something to happen. Life is happening, and they are preparing for another season. Teams do not wait for things to happen. They make things happen. In this case, they go through their regimen, and be as prepared as they can be for the '21 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

You are far too logical my friend!

We have a plan. Lock and Bridgewater are the top 2 QBs, and will compete for the starting job.

If the current MVP, future HoF QB becomes available to us in and around early June, we might try to make a deal. Based on the reports we keep hearing, The Broncos make sense as a landing spot. Not for sure. Not a guarantee. Just a possibility.

In the meantime the team is not sitting on their butts waiting for something to happen. Life is happening, and they are preparing for another season. Teams do not wait for things to happen. They make things happen. In this case, they go through their regimen, and be as prepared as they can be for the '21 season.
            Exactly my good sir. I do not know why anyone would think we are just sitting around waiting "like what do we do?". And you never add an oft injured QB over a HOF QB that still has game left, being the reigning MVP. That is one of the sillier things I have seen posted here.
            So far:

Comment

• https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/...-rumors-audio/

Friendly game of golf between elway and rodgers out in Cali?

Comment

• While the best case scenario is that Lock gets his head out of his you know what and plays better, if I have to choose between trading for Rodgers or drafting a QB next year, I'm trading for Rodgers.

Next year's QB class looks awful. Like Paxton Lynch awful. And I'm sick of this team bypassing QB's with legitimate potential in draft classes (2017, 2018, 2020, 2021) and taking a QB in putrid draft classes (2016, 2019).

I'd gladly trade for Rodgers instead of drafting yet another worthless, garbage QB.

If Paton is as good as some believe, he already knows next year's draft isn't going to offer any good prospects.
                Last edited by sra84; 05-20-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                  While the best case scenario is that Lock gets his head out of his you know what and plays better, if I have to choose between trading for Rodgers or drafting a QB next year, I'm trading for Rodgers.

Next year's QB class looks awful. Like Paxton Lynch awful. And I'm sick of this team bypassing QB's with legitimate potential in draft classes (2017, 2018, 2020, 2021) and taking a QB in putrid draft classes (2016, 2019).

I'd gladly trade for Rodgers instead of drafting yet another worthless, garbage QB.

If Paton is as good as some believe, he already knows next year's draft isn't going to offer any good prospects.
                  i feel like this is just some one bringing hate to the draft prospect. 2016 has produced more starting QB as 2017. yet it was weaker cause we selected the wrong one it produced as many as 2018, and one may be gone here soon ut i guess who knows how long WEntz or Goff will start. i don't know if you really look at the QBS every year you can't say that Paxton lynch or what not made the class. 2021 who knows with that class not a player has taken a snap. Facts don't point to what you are saying you are just trying to push something after we missed in a eyar and potentially missed 2 years on Drafting QB. doesn't mean that class was bad it is more that we picked the wrong player.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i feel like this is just some one bringing hate to the draft prospect. 2016 has produced more starting QB as 2017. yet it was weaker cause we selected the wrong one it produced as many as 2018, and one may be gone here soon ut i guess who knows how long WEntz or Goff will start. i don't know if you really look at the QBS every year you can't say that Paxton lynch or what not made the class. 2021 who knows with that class not a player has taken a snap. Facts don't point to what you are saying you are just trying to push something after we missed in a eyar and potentially missed 2 years on Drafting QB. doesn't mean that class was bad it is more that we picked the wrong player.
                    It's not a matter of hate.

I just don't see any of the QB's in next year's class being anything other than low end starters or backups.

And given how poorly the Broncos have evaluated the QB position, I'd say there's legitimate concerns about them getting it right.

​​​​​​

Comment

It's not a matter of hate.

I just don't see any of the QB's in next year's class being anything other than low end starters or backups.

And given how poorly the Broncos have evaluated the QB position, I'd say there's legitimate concerns about them getting it right.

​​​​​​
                      you are still throwing out bad information. making it seem like the broncos did picked a bad year for a QB. i mean 2019 Lock looks to be a miss and it was a weaker year, but we did take him in the second round. and every round lower then first. but saying the 2016 class is putrid is crazy. it is wrong it is bad. it makes you not look like you watch football. Carson Wentz almost won an MVP then got injured. Goff has been started now he seems average, and then there is Dak who has been above average. i would say so far and after Wentz actually goes to a team with talent that those 2 are legit QB and legit QB prospect. we just picked the wrong ones. to say that class was bad for QB when it is arguebly better then 2017 2018 and 2020 so far in my opinion is crazy. 2017 had Mahomes but TRibusky was bad. and Watson was elite but who knows if he plays another down in the nfl. Mayfield has been average, Darnold has been a bust, Allen looks like the best QB of this class but i would rather have Prescott. Rosen was a bust and arguing would be crazy. Jackson look to be a great athlete but he is below average throwing the ball and how long will he last with his current playstyle. in 2020 Herbert looks like the real deal. the rest of class to me a ? to me. no one else showed enough for me to call them for sure a hit. and in 2021 they are rookies who knows what that class will look like in the end. Either way 2016 was one of the better QB in recent history and you callin it putrid is crazy and wrong. it has produced 2 high level starter and that is more then most of the other classes recently.

also there are some Prospect to like in 2022 draft Spencer Ratler has a+ arm talent. Sam Howell look good can make any throw. Malik Willis is fast and has an arm that can hit any throw. and JT Daniels is another guy who can make any throw you need and looks very special in his 4 starts at Georgia. he was 5* out of college for a reason. so there are defintely decent prospect who can be good starters in this next draft. not to Mention guys like Kedon Slovis who looks to be a round 1 QB.
                      Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 05-21-2021, 04:45 AM.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        Hmmmm....

If Rodgers becomes available it will be interesting to see what the actual trade looks like. Your speculation that the Broncos have the upper hand and can get a “deal” for much less then being discussed is an interesting POV.

Just for some perspective, the GB fan idea of the trade is a lot different. Read an article from a GB POV. Similar to our own Predominantly Orange Bronco site. Very team fan oriented but just to give an idea of what they are expecting.

The opinion is this is a great time to take advantage of a desperate Bronco team looking for a QB...

Trade is for Rodgers and Davonte Adams to clear cap this year and future as both want big dollar extensions. They get financial flexibility and multiple young players to rebuild around.

Three 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds, one 4th, Surtain, Risner, Jeudy, Hamler, Lock,
                        And the Broncos get the pleasure of paying those contract extensions with no real leverage to re- negotiate.

Just a bit different then Elway holding all the cards suggestions being floated. Even a middle ground deal is costly and disruptive to the roster.

Again, if Rodgers becomes available the cost to add him would be significant. Which “trade proposal” will end up being closer to the truth. The Broncos version of the Packers? Fun times!

Last edited by FR Tim; 05-21-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

If Rodgers becomes available it will be interesting to see what the actual trade looks like. Your speculation that the Broncos have the upper hand and can get a “deal” for much less then being discussed is an interesting POV.

Just for some perspective, the GB fan idea of the trade is a lot different. Read an article from a GB POV. Similar to our own Predominantly Orange Bronco site. Very team fan oriented but just to give an idea of what they are expecting.

The opinion is this is a great time to take advantage of a desperate Bronco team looking for a QB...

Trade is for Rodgers and Davonte Adams to clear cap this year and future as both want big dollar extensions. They get financial flexibility and multiple young players to rebuild around.

And the Broncos get the pleasure of paying those contract extensions with no real leverage to re- negotiate.

Just a bit different then Elway holding all the cards suggestions being floated. Even a middle ground deal is costly and disruptive to the roster.

Again, if Rodgers becomes available the cost to add him would be significant. Which “trade proposal” will end up being closer to the truth. The Broncos version of the Packers? Fun times!
                          Ya thats crazy. So are the pack fans. Thats the kind of trade Watson gets. Young qb in his prime. Not a 37 yr old qb who is forcing his way out of town.

Definitely an interesting perspective for sure. Who knows where it ends up. I have a feeling its going to be a lot less than many think. Watson could be a lot more but who knows maybe he is a lot less and Rodgers is a lot more. Going to be fun to see where these two qbs go and for how much!
                          So far:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

you are still throwing out bad information. making it seem like the broncos did picked a bad year for a QB. i mean 2019 Lock looks to be a miss and it was a weaker year, but we did take him in the second round. and every round lower then first. but saying the 2016 class is putrid is crazy. it is wrong it is bad. it makes you not look like you watch football. Carson Wentz almost won an MVP then got injured. Goff has been started now he seems average, and then there is Dak who has been above average. i would say so far and after Wentz actually goes to a team with talent that those 2 are legit QB and legit QB prospect. we just picked the wrong ones. to say that class was bad for QB when it is arguebly better then 2017 2018 and 2020 so far in my opinion is crazy. 2017 had Mahomes but TRibusky was bad. and Watson was elite but who knows if he plays another down in the nfl. Mayfield has been average, Darnold has been a bust, Allen looks like the best QB of this class but i would rather have Prescott. Rosen was a bust and arguing would be crazy. Jackson look to be a great athlete but he is below average throwing the ball and how long will he last with his current playstyle. in 2020 Herbert looks like the real deal. the rest of class to me a ? to me. no one else showed enough for me to call them for sure a hit. and in 2021 they are rookies who knows what that class will look like in the end. Either way 2016 was one of the better QB in recent history and you callin it putrid is crazy and wrong. it has produced 2 high level starter and that is more then most of the other classes recently.

also there are some Prospect to like in 2022 draft Spencer Ratler has a+ arm talent. Sam Howell look good can make any throw. Malik Willis is fast and has an arm that can hit any throw. and JT Daniels is another guy who can make any throw you need and looks very special in his 4 starts at Georgia. he was 5* out of college for a reason. so there are defintely decent prospect who can be good starters in this next draft. not to Mention guys like Kedon Slovis who looks to be a round 1 QB.
                            What bad information? I said it's my opinion.

You're looking at measurables, arm strength, athleticism. That only gets you so far. To me, they have to have the mental acumen, some quality production against the better teams of college football, and, preferably 3 years as a starter.The mental makeup and experience is equally important for a QB. I'm simply saying I don't see any QB in that class that makes me say ' Wow, I really hope we can get him next year'.​​​​​

And I'm talking about first round QB's....top of the first round. Not late first, second round or later QB's. I've already stated in another thread that we've gone down that road numerous times. We need to target a top flight QB prospect....if Lock doesn't pan out.

Last edited by sra84; 05-21-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

What bad information? I said it's my opinion.

You're looking at measurables, arm strength, athleticism. That only gets you so far. To me, they have to have the mental acumen, some quality production against the better teams of college football, and, preferably 3 years as a starter.The mental makeup and experience is equally important for a QB. I'm simply saying I don't see any QB in that class that makes me say ' Wow, I really hope we can get him next year'.​​​​​

And I'm talking about first round QB's....top of the first round. Not late first, second round or later QB's. I've already stated in another thread that we've gone down that road numerous times. We need to target a top flight QB prospect....if Lock doesn't pan out.

If your opinion is accurate, we might be in for a longer wait to find the right guy.

They might as well have not traded for Bridgewater and let Lock finish out his contract, if there are no answers in next year’s draft.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Rodgers and Adams you say! Lets see, possibly the #1 QB and the #1 WR in all of football!! Think of the production with Adams, Sutton, Patrick and Fant....along with Gordon and Williams.

OK....dream's over. Time to get back to reality. (but they can't have Risner!)

Maybe we pay them in this stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X