Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aaronitout View Post

That is a made up statistic. Literally just entirely fabricated. I can point to at least one GB win each of his last 5 seasons under that scenario.

Rodgers has the best 4th quarter passer rating and TD to INT ratio of all time. Along with the highest TD% and lowest INT%.
    I hear Rodgers has an under 500 record if a red headed female in the 7th row buys a Pepsi (not Coke) and a hot dog, with just mustard, and returns to her seat to eat it, at the 6 minute mark of the 4th Q.

Comment

That is a made up statistic. Literally just entirely fabricated. I can point to at least one GB win each of his last 5 seasons under that scenario.

Rodgers has the best 4th quarter passer rating and TD to INT ratio of all time. Along with the highest TD% and lowest INT%.
      Actually, technically you can’t. Not the last 5 seasons anyway as it hasn’t happened the past 2 seasons. The stat is bogus though as the Packers were down 20-3 against Chicago in 2018 and ended up winning 24-23. Although, if the stat is counting the team’s record at the time (which seems to be the case so far) then maybe as that was week 1 so neither team had a winning record.

Edit: So Aaron Rodgers did win a game against the Cowboys in 2015 when they entered the 4th quarter trailing, but that was the playoffs so I don’t think it was counted in this stat.

Either the way it’s a ridiculous way to define clutch. I went over this earlier in the offseason during the Watson debate, but you’d be surprised by how few QBs have winning records against teams above .500. Teams are usually over .500 for a reason.
      Last edited by beastlyskronk; 05-25-2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I hear Rodgers has an under 500 record if a red headed female in the 7th row buys a Pepsi (not Coke) and a hot dog, with just mustard, and returns to her seat to eat it, at the 6 minute mark of the 4th Q.
        You noticed that too?

John Elway never lost a game when the Broncos were up at the end of the 4th...

Comment

We have no reason to want a QB who isn't on a rookie contract.

If we didn't want Love to be our future, we could just give Rodgers what he wants and be done with it. Rodgers is upset because he sees that we are financially set up to move on after this season.
          At some point this was going to happen anyway - even if Rodgers had a much better relationship with the GB GM. A 38+ year old free agent QB (not named Brady) is simply not going to be offered a long term contract with a top end cap number.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

You noticed that too?

John Elway never lost a game when the Broncos were up at the end of the 4th...
            I heard that too, but it's mind boggling!! I need to research that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

At some point this was going to happen anyway - even if Rodgers had a much better relationship with the GB GM. A 38+ year old free agent QB (not named Brady) is simply not going to be offered a long term contract with a top end cap number.

So you really think if the Broncos swing a trade for Rodgers it doesn’t come with a promise of a long term contract with a high salary?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

So you really think if the Broncos swing a trade for Rodgers it doesn’t come with a promise of a long term contract with a high salary?

Agreed. It's not like there's precedent for a 38 year old QB who was MVP the previous season going to a new team. Closest thing would be Tom Brady and he got a high salary. We would be incredibly stupid not to throw the bank at him. This team is stacked with talent, and is a quarterback away from the playoffs. With an MVP qb, superbowl number 4 would be VERY attainable. You don't break the bank for that? What do you invest in then, years of mediocrity? Hasn't been working for the last 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Yes but the question was a different one. Has a 37/38 year old QB's existing team ever offered them a long term extension with a high salary?

Indy didn't with Peyton
                  NE didn't with Brady
                  And I suspect GB has no intention of doing so with Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Wow....I heard the exact same thing....except nobody noticed if it was diet or regular Pepsi. Anyway, this stat must be true.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• The Packers had 6 All Pro players, 7 Pro Bowlers in 2020 and did not win the NFC Championship. In fact the Packers haven't been in the SB for 10 years now. They had a losing season in 2017 and 2018. I am all for getting Rodgers if the deal is a good one. If the Broncos give up too much they will not see the SB either. I am pretty sure that is the goal? Over that 10 years the Packers have had a good collection of Pro Bowl/All Pros and still didn't even make it to the SB.
                      I don't know what too much is but giving up even one player could be too much. Draft picks probably will not be as crucial, even 1st rounders.
                      Rodgers is a great QB and it would be fun for him to be a Bronco for a few years but it takes more than just Rodgers to win SB's.

sigpic

Comment

Yes but the question was a different one. Has a 37/38 year old QB's existing team ever offered them a long term extension with a high salary?

Indy didn't with Peyton
                        NE didn't with Brady
                        Rodgers is currently signed through 2023; what is considered a long term contract?
                        Talk was that they were at the table for a new or restructured contract and Rodgers turn it down, apparently not due to the amount of money. His cap hit is >37M this season and almost 39M next season. From what I can find there isn't anything from Rodgers that he is unhappy with his contract amount; maybe I'm wrong?
                        sigpic

Comment

Indy didn't with Peyton
                          NE didn't with Brady
                          There lies my reluctance to make this trade AND have to pay Rodgers a big extension.

Their own long term teams did not want to pay them and they did not have to include the cost of multiple high value assets to even start the discussion. And Manning and Brady were free agents that took less then “market value” to join a new team.

With Rodgers, it will take a heavy cost of multiple picks and players to even get him to the negotiating table. Once there, what is he expecting? Reasonable contract or among the highest paid QBs for the next four years? Because trading for Rodgers has to be at least a 3-4 year investment because that is the picks being discussed.

Comment

• I don't think we can afford him, unless we can trade Von in the deal?
                            Even then he would cost 17mill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I don't think we can afford him, unless we can trade Von in the deal?
                              It looks like he would be ~ 22M in 2021 if he was traded. That would be base salary of 14.7M, I think it would also include a roster bonus of 6.8M and a workout bonus of 500,000. The Broncos probably could find a way to afford that. The Chiefs keep coming up with ways to sign some FA's even though they had close to nothing in cap space.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                I don't think we can afford him, unless we can trade Von in the deal?
                                Honestly I don’t know if they can afford Rodgers. Financially the accountants seem to work miracles all the time.

My issue is the potential TOTAL cost. And at this point it is all speculation and opinions. Some wildly apart.

I do not think they can afford to trade multiple (4-5?) 1sts and 2nds AND 2-4 young impact players AND release a couple vets to make the money work AND pay Rodgers 4 yrs/ $160m.

If there can be compromise or reductions in any or all of those areas. Maybe the deal makes sense to me. The less assets Paton and Elway can remove from that asset list, the better for the Broncos.

Yet I realize there are some with the opinion that “ the Broncos can’t afford not to” even at that price. Tough call.

Comment

Working...
                                X