Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There were posts above that stated if Rodgers was traded for late in the off-season and did not know the playbook the Broncos could
    “let Rodgers run his usual sets and call his own plays”.

Im assuming the comments meant GB plays, offense that Rodgers is comfortable with.

My point is that is wonderful that Rodgers knows the offense, but the other Bronco players don’t. It takes time to practice the offense. To all understand the timing of the offense. The terminology of calls. To efficiently make plays within the offense.

Basically all the players need to be using the same playbook. Then after time they can adjust it certain players strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      There were posts above that stated if Rodgers was traded for late in the off-season and did not know the playbook the Broncos could

Im assuming the comments meant GB plays, offense that Rodgers is comfortable with.

My point is that is wonderful that Rodgers knows the offense, but the other Bronco players don’t. It takes time to practice the offense. To all understand the timing of the offense. The terminology of calls. To efficiently make plays within the offense.

Basically all the players need to be using the same playbook. Then after time they can adjust it certain players strengths and weaknesses.
      Correct. If Denver's offensive players go through OTAs, Mini-Camps and TC installing an offense, and Aaron Rodgers comes to Denver afterward, he will need to learn and run that offense. Asking all the offensive players, many of whom are quite young, to forget everything and do what Aaron wants to do would be pretty ridiculous and courting disaster. If a fifteen year veteran QB can't come in and acquire the terminology to run an offense, he isn't worth the price of a trade.

Manning had an offseason to acquire Mike McCoy's O in 2012 and it was different than what Manning had run in Indy. Adam Gase sort of, kind of had an offensive system, but it seems like Peyton had a lot of input, so it was a sort of collaboration for which Gase was given much credit, as I recall. That lasted two seasons and then Kubiak came in and PM had to run the Kubiak offense coordinated by Rick Dennison and called by Gary. If Manning could run three different systems in four years with a lot of success, Rodgers should be able to do so as well.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

There were posts above that stated if Rodgers was traded for late in the off-season and did not know the playbook the Broncos could

I think that the comments made are saying that he does not have to have mastery of the entire playbook if he has not had enough time to fully learn and practice. I doubt anyone thinks he is bringing The Packers playbook. It means, based on my take, that he and the team would use a smaller playbook initially, one that he is comfortable with and so are they. Not GB's playbook.

I may be speaking for others incorrectly, but I seriously doubt those of us with same intention are expecting The Broncos to learn a new playbook, from GB. I believe also that, just like Baltimore did for Jackson, The Broncos would help make the initial game plans more conducive to what Rodgers brings.

if you acquire a legendary QB a little late in the process, you surely have the wherewithal to make it work, and not be so stubborn that you force him to be 100% ready soon after. I think that's pure common sense. It sounds groovy to say "the right thing", but the right thing if this were to be the case is to maximize what you have early on, and that may be a smaller playbook that both Rodgers and the entire team feel good about. Heck, this guy could probably win a couple of early games just by having some basic reps with RBs and receivers, and the center. He is that good. And our talent is that good.

Comment

• We now have 100 voters, which for me is a pretty high response. It is not statistically valid by any means, but it does paint a pretty clear picture.

Will Rodgers stay in GB? Odds are good. If he is truly tired of the situation, do I see a trade to someone? Absolutely. Will it be Denver? I think we are the #1 likely landing spot, based on the continued mention of our name. And I don't believe that's because everyone follows the leader. It's likely due to leaks of info, certain things that have been said, and other relevant sources. It does not mean he will be traded, or to us....but it looks possible.

I felt that possibility when we started courting Manning. I felt that when Brady was sending off initial vibes about "possibilities". I could be wrong this time.

Anyway folks, hang tough, whether you want him or not. June 1st is a key day. If he is not signed by then, I think the odds go up overnight that he is out of GB, retired or traded. And I can't seem him retiring, given the way "chips" motivate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            We now have 100 voters, which for me is a pretty high response. It is not statistically valid by any means, but it does paint a pretty clear picture.

Will Rodgers stay in GB? Odds are good. If he is truly tired of the situation, do I see a trade to someone? Absolutely. Will it be Denver? I think we are the #1 likely landing spot, based on the continued mention of our name. And I don't believe that's because everyone follows the leader. It's likely due to leaks of info, certain things that have been said, and other relevant sources. It does not mean he will be traded, or to us....but it looks possible.

I felt that possibility when we started courting Manning. I felt that when Brady was sending off initial vibes about "possibilities". I could be wrong this time.

Anyway folks, hang tough, whether you want him or not. June 1st is a key day. If he is not signed by then, I think the odds go up overnight that he is out of GB, retired or traded. And I can't seem him retiring, given the way "chips" motivate him.
            100 out of 99K registrants. Forum statistics says there are "221 active members" so less than half voted on such an important matter for the fate of this team? I find that hard to believe!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

100 out of 99K registrants. Forum statistics says there are "221 active members" so less than half voted on such an important matter for the fate of this team? I find that hard to believe!
              I've done and seen many polls here. 100 is sort of a "stand out" number I suppose, but in sincerity, this is a pretty high number of respondents for polls I've seen. I think you are kidding about the 99k in terms of relativity. Same with the 221 or whatever. Based on the number and the names of participants, it's a reasonable % of who typically shows up here. And in this case, the numbers are and have been from the beginning highly supportive of preference to have Rodgers lead The Broncos, either selling the farm or if a competitive market bid.

So am I missing something? I always attach wording such as "not a reliable sample size" for the polls I have initiated, but in this case, unless we are all trying to curve the results in one direction, the numbers do suggest we want Rodgers. And based on much of the dialogue I see, folks are often heard saying I think we should stay with Lock, but if we trade for Rodgers (haha, and we win the SB), I guess i could go with it. Sort of a "cover my butt" position I suppose.

Of course you never know if participants want to mess with the integrity of the poll, but most grown ups are mature enough not to play that game.

In the end, I post polls like this because I think they can be fun and even interesting. Some poll results surprise me. This one does to an extent, as even though I am on The Rodgers train, I did not think such a high % would be as well.

Have you ever asked a group of 10 or 20 people their opinion on something, and most of them were on the same side overall? That would not be statistically relevant, but if those were relatively intelligent folks who did not align themselves on every topic, you might feel like their response was at least minimally relevant.

Then there's this other thing....for the years I've been here, I enjoy dialogue, and in this case, some form of what the vibe is around here. Same with the longer threads I start. Not for everyone, but we all bring something to this table, and as long as you try to make the best of it, I think we are a better community, and one that others will join, given they like what they see. More variety, more types of respondents, more flavour.....with a "u".
              Last edited by CanDB; 05-29-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Rodgers calling GB plays because he arrived late in the summer to Denver and didn't have enough time to learn a significant portion of the playbook would be a huge mistake, IMO. It might work to a point but confusion and poor communication would be unavoidable and likely at the worst time during a game.

That's why the term "everyone needs to be on the same page" is very critical to achieve required success.

AND....I still believe Rodgers will never be a Denver Bronco and that doesn't bother me at all.
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Rodgers calling GB plays because he arrived late in the summer to Denver and didn't have enough time to learn a significant portion of the playbook would be a huge mistake, IMO. It might work to a point but confusion and poor communication would be unavoidable and likely at the worst time during a game.

That's why the term "everyone needs to be on the same page" is very critical to achieve required success.

AND....I still believe Rodgers will never be a Denver Bronco and that doesn't bother me at all.
                  Again, odds are greatly in your favour.

Comment

I've done and seen many polls here. 100 is sort of a "stand out" number I suppose, but in sincerity, this is a pretty high number of respondents for polls I've seen. I think you are kidding about the 99k in terms of relativity. Same with the 221 or whatever. Based on the number and the names of participants, it's a reasonable % of who typically shows up here. And in this case, the numbers are and have been from the beginning highly supportive of preference to have Rodgers lead The Broncos, either selling the farm or if a competitive market bid.

So am I missing something? I always attach wording such as "not a reliable sample size" for the polls I have initiated, but in this case, unless we are all trying to curve the results in one direction, the numbers do suggest we want Rodgers. And based on much of the dialogue I see, folks are often heard saying I think we should stay with Lock, but if we trade for Rodgers (haha, and we win the SB), I guess i could go with it. Sort of a "cover my butt" position I suppose.

Of course you never know if participants want to mess with the integrity of the poll, but most grown ups are mature enough not to play that game.

In the end, I post polls like this because I think they can be fun and even interesting. Some poll results surprise me. This one does to an extent, as even though I am on The Rodgers train, I did not think such a high % would be as well.

Have you ever asked a group of 10 or 20 people their opinion on something, and most of them were on the same side overall? That would not be statistically relevant, but if those were relatively intelligent folks who did not align themselves on every topic, you might feel like their response was at least minimally relevant.

Then there's this other thing....for the years I've been here, I enjoy dialogue, and in this case, some form of what the vibe is around here. Same with the longer threads I start. Not for everyone, but we all bring something to this table, and as long as you try to make the best of it, I think we are a better community, and one that others will join, given they like what they see. More variety, more types of respondents, more flavour.....with a "u".
                    My comments are not a knock on this poll (and polls are fun to gauge how the most active members here feel if nothing else) but rather I think the data points to a lack of interest or participation at Broncos Country and perhaps message boards in general as a dying format. A number of people have expressed that to me over the years, especially when I was going to port my group (which existed in another dying format –Yahoogroups) to a MB. Lots of my other once-bustling MBs have died out altogether.

Mile High Report (by contrast) seems to get a bit more business. Look at their most recent Rodgers poll:

Poll

How did you react to the Aaron Rodgers news?

This poll is closed
                    • 8%

Heartbroken

(202 votes)
                    • 39%

Hopeful

(934 votes)
                    • 15%

Never believed it

(356 votes)
                    • 5%

Numb

(121 votes)
                    • 20%

It’s going to happen

(470 votes)
                    • 13%

Never was going to happen

(325 votes)
                    2408 votes total

from: https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...-rollercoaster

IIRC there was one similar to your poll as well though I can't readily find it...

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• ^^^^^

Though I understand your premise, I don't think we ever compared to a MHR in those terms. Maybe I am wrong. But I can see how some MBs are losing steam.

My simple job is to try to keep this one as a relevant as I can, in any way I can.

I do believe this poll is relevant though, given I wanted to see if folks generally wanted Rodgers or not. I know I am passionate about it, given I believe it would put us back into contention, but I was not sure about the others here.

In the end I will continue to conduct polls if I see some reason to, and make them as unbiased as possible. And though I see your overall point, based on my time here, 100 isn't too shabby. Not great for sure, but again, I look at the respondents and I am ok with who "showed up".
                      Last edited by CanDB; 05-29-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

My comments are not a knock on this poll (and polls are fun to gauge how the most active members here feel if nothing else) but rather I think the data points to a lack of interest or participation at Broncos Country and perhaps message boards in general as a dying format. A number of people have expressed that to me over the years, especially when I was going to port my group (which existed in another dying format –Yahoogroups) to a MB. Lots of my other once-bustling MBs have died out altogether.

So where do you see BCMB in about 5 years? Fewer active members? Maybe many fewer active members? Hmmm, looks like a poll opportunity. Kidding!

Comment

• 101 votes! Watch out MHR!!

Comment

So where do you see BCMB in about 5 years? Fewer active members? Maybe many fewer active members? Hmmm, looks like a poll opportunity. Kidding!
                            In 5 years it’ll just be you, Sam, and me duking it out for most posts

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

In 5 years it’ll just be you, Sam, and me duking it out for most posts
                              Haha....will we still have our fantasy league?

Wait, you mean I am still in any form of race to be #1....even if it says something kind of sad about me??

Comment

Mile High Report (by contrast) seems to get a bit more business. Look at their most recent Rodgers poll:

Poll

How did you react to the Aaron Rodgers news?

This poll is closed
                                • 8%

Heartbroken

(202 votes)
                                • 39%

Hopeful

(934 votes)
                                • 15%

Never believed it

(356 votes)
                                • 5%

Numb

(121 votes)
                                • 20%

It’s going to happen

(470 votes)
                                • 13%

Never was going to happen

(325 votes)
                                2408 votes total

from: https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...-rollercoaster

IIRC there was one similar to your poll as well though I can't readily find it...
                                I am amazed at how any NFL MBs manage to drum up a lot of interest during the offseason - and its a loooooong offseason!

Things will pick up after we have some clarity on the Rodgers situation and move closer towards the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X