Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

In 5 years it’ll just be you, Sam, and me duking it out for most posts
    When the hats and pads go on and the hitting begins in TC, there will be plenty of posters on this message board, especially during regular season games. Each of those will be followed by a week of discussions, arguments and meltdowns. The moderators will be busy.

​​​
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

When the hats and pads go on and the hitting begins in TC, there will be plenty of posters on this message board, especially during regular season games. Each of those will be followed by a week of discussions, arguments and meltdowns. The moderators will be busy.

​​​
      And I will create threads.....loads of threads...even a few good ones now and again.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

In 5 years it’ll just be you, Sam, and me duking it out for most posts
        Oh wait....I will be raving about the SBs we won in those 5 years, while cursing Rodgers for being such a diva in Denver!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

And I will create threads.....loads of threads...even a few good ones now and again.
          You provide a valuable service to this message board in that capacity.

Comment

You provide a valuable service to this message board in that capacity.
            Thank you sir.

Comment

​​​
              I totally agree. This forum isn't isn't going away any time soon.....good Broncos or bad Broncos.

Most great things in life have a few deep valleys below the majestic, towering peaks.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...-would-it-take

Interesting read about the Rodgers to Denver scenario. Some funny points made as well.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...-would-it-take

Interesting read about the Rodgers to Denver scenario. Some funny points made as well.
                  Looks like a typical "trying to be objective" article. None of us know what will happen.

Denver does come up a lot more than I thought it would. IF he gets traded, I think we are near the very top.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Looks like a typical "trying to be objective" article. None of us know what will happen.

Denver does come up a lot more than I thought it would. IF he gets traded, I think we are near the very top.
                    If you watch the video, Denver can offer everything Rodgers wants and on the positive side he can phone Manning to confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

My comments are not a knock on this poll (and polls are fun to gauge how the most active members here feel if nothing else) but rather I think the data points to a lack of interest or participation at Broncos Country and perhaps message boards in general as a dying format. A number of people have expressed that to me over the years, especially when I was going to port my group (which existed in another dying format –Yahoogroups) to a MB. Lots of my other once-bustling MBs have died out altogether.
                      I did a study of the polls I could find here in BCMB, and the results suggest that, although it's been busier, we never have garnered much more than a couple hundred responses at any time in our history. In 2003/04 there were very few polls. From 2005 thru 2012, there were approx. 25 polls per year. And though there were over 100 voters per poll in 1/3 or more cases, there were very few cases of 200+ respondents.

From 2013-2021 the polls were less frequent and voter #s are seldom over 100, like this poll. This is the highest # since 2012, that is why I made a comment about the higher frequency.

Regardless, we are not MHR and never have been when it comes to responders. In our entire history, we definitely have seen many occasions with over 100 voters, but seldom over 200. I saw 866 in 2010, but it was a multiple pick poll that asked how many wins we'd get in the season. Doing the mathematics, that may have been less than 100 actual voters.

As an aside, Javalon conducted a lot of well voted on polls over the course of a handful of years, and it seems there was a good vibe about predicting Bronco game results for the most part. Again, as part of this overall assessment, many were over 100, but hardly any over 200.

(note: there may be some small errors in the general totals I mention, but the results are pretty accurate overall)

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                        The Broncos have only had 5 competent quarterbacks in their history and they only one they developed was Elway, and we didn't even draft him:
                        Frank Tripucka
                        Craig Morton
                        John Elway
                        Jake Plummer
                        Peyton Manning

Tripucka, Morton, Plummer, and Manning were already seasoned veterans when they got here. When we draft and try to develop a guy we end up with Drew Lock, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow, Brian Griese...
                        4 of the 5 QBs that have won playoffgames for us and the fifth is the only guy we drafted, and then Tripucka is what you are looking for at 13-26-1, and leading the league in interceptions and never producing a winning season. In reality Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow all had more success in the NFL than Tripucka, though he was a foundation piece in the Broncos development.

After getting fired by Saskatchewan, Tripucka came out of retirement with the AFL as the starting quarterback for the new Denver Broncos franchise. The Broncos had hired Filchock as their coach, and he initially brought Tripucka along as an assistant. He started all 14 games in Denver's inaugural 1960 season, and though he led the league in interceptions in 1960 with 34 (still a Broncos franchise record), he also led the league with 248 of 478 passes for 3,038 yards (the first 3000+ yard season by either an NFL or AFL quarterback), to go with 24 touchdowns, including the first TD pass in AFL history.[6] He started 11 games in 1961, throwing for 1,690 yards, 10 touchdowns, and 21 interceptions. In 1962, he again led the league with 240 completions, 440 attempts, and 2,917 yards. This included a week 2 victory over Buffalo, in which Tripucka threw for a remarkable 447 yards, a franchise record that stood for 38 years.[7][8] On the season, he totaled 17 touchdowns and 25 interceptions, and was selected for the AFL's All Star game for the only time in his career. In his last season, Tripucka had just 7 completions for 31 yards in two games. He returned to Saskatchewan in his final season to be the back up to Ron Lancaster and finished the season with 38 completions for 435 yards.

Comment

• Doesn't sound like Aaron has compelled the Packers to do anything at this point...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rodgers-bluff/

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

4 of the 5 QBs that have won playoffgames for us and the fifth is the only guy we drafted, and then Tripucka is what you are looking for at 13-26-1, and leading the league in interceptions and never producing a winning season. In reality Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow all had more success in the NFL than Tripucka, though he was a foundation piece in the Broncos development.

After getting fired by Saskatchewan, Tripucka came out of retirement with the AFL as the starting quarterback for the new Denver Broncos franchise. The Broncos had hired Filchock as their coach, and he initially brought Tripucka along as an assistant. He started all 14 games in Denver's inaugural 1960 season, and though he led the league in interceptions in 1960 with 34 (still a Broncos franchise record), he also led the league with 248 of 478 passes for 3,038 yards (the first 3000+ yard season by either an NFL or AFL quarterback), to go with 24 touchdowns, including the first TD pass in AFL history.[6] He started 11 games in 1961, throwing for 1,690 yards, 10 touchdowns, and 21 interceptions. In 1962, he again led the league with 240 completions, 440 attempts, and 2,917 yards. This included a week 2 victory over Buffalo, in which Tripucka threw for a remarkable 447 yards, a franchise record that stood for 38 years.[7][8] On the season, he totaled 17 touchdowns and 25 interceptions, and was selected for the AFL's All Star game for the only time in his career. In his last season, Tripucka had just 7 completions for 31 yards in two games. He returned to Saskatchewan in his final season to be the back up to Ron Lancaster and finished the season with 38 completions for 435 yards.
                            In reality, Frank Tripucka is in Denver's Ring of Fame and Osweiler, Cutler and Tebow will most likely never be added to it. Tripucka quarterbacked the Denver Broncos to their only non-losing season before 1973. BTW famicommander left out Charley Johnson who is also in the ROF, having had success in the NFL, and led the Denver Broncos to their first winning season. Don't think you were a Bronco fan in the Sixties, because you demonstrate little understanding of it. Google Lionel Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Based on the pole conducted here you cannot tell a whole lot because it is so poorly constructed.

OK dude....still waiting for a response as to why this poll is so poorly constructed.

Lets see.....a poll should have a purpose. In this case it does, by determining how many members want Rodgers to lead the Broncos, and if so, at what relatable trade price. With 4 options provided, members could state if 1) they would sell the farm for him, 2) pay competitive market value (which is up to one's interpretation, but is clearly a lower level of compensation than "selling the farm"), 3) only trade for him if less than competitive market value, or 4) they were not interested.

Pretty simple. Pretty much achieves the purpose of the simple poll, as long as one can handle a wee bit of interpretation. And the results seem pretty clear. So far, and consistent throughout, 83.5% of our respected members who voted seem to want Rodgers here.....whether by selling the farm or at competitive market value. Which in my simple brain, translates to wanting him here.

I look forward to any polls or threads you put together. I assume they will be perfectly constructed.

(what's a "pole" have to do with it?)

Comment

• We dont have enough cap room to absorb him, so we'd have to give up some of our players, and obviously a lot of draft picks. I dunno. Isn't he at least 2 years older than Manning was when we got him, too?

Would love to have him at the right price, but I might be too frugal.

Comment

Working...
                                X