Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Totally agree with you. Like you stated, people (fans, media, etc.) constantly talk like it's a forgone conclusion that it's going to happen because:

Believe it will happen in the same way they believe the sun will rise every morning.

Have no idea but cling to "it will happen" whether they want it to or not.

Claiming "it will happen" to emphasize drama to get forum members to post.

Me....I don't care if we do or don't sign Rodgers. I would be shocked if we signed him. I have zero reasons.....I just don't see it happening.
    jazz......in spite of your take on this subject, it's nice to have someone you disagree with on a topic and still get along with.

But I do think that most of what we are saying in favour of Rodgers has little sense of "done deal". I am a big time advocate, but as I posted, there's likely a < 10% chance he ends up here. I am sure some think it's a done deal, but I am quite sure that very few % wise think that. This is one of those highly interesting potential opportunities (as I see it), that seldom come along, and that I believe makes us a contender versus a team waiting for evidence. Therefore it's a big story until there is no story left.....or until it dwindles over too long a wait.

Again, I respect your opinion. If we do not acquire him or any other QB, well it's hope for the best with Drew and Teddy.

Comment

• The clock is ticking. The later it happens the less likely there's a SB run in 2021. Then we're stuck for a year with no draft picks to fix problems that come up. I like Rodgers for a Bridgewater price, but GB has to save face with their fans. And good luck with that. Let someone else pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

jazz......in spite of your take on this subject, it's nice to have someone you disagree with on a topic and still get along with.

But I do think that most of what we are saying in favour of Rodgers has little sense of "done deal". I am a big time advocate, but as I posted, there's likely a < 10% chance he ends up here. I am sure some think it's a done deal, but I am quite sure that very few % wise think that. This is one of those highly interesting potential opportunities (as I see it), that seldom come along, and that I believe makes us a contender versus a team waiting for evidence. Therefore it's a big story until there is no story left.....or until it dwindles over too long a wait.

Again, I respect your opinion. If we do not acquire him or any other QB, well it's hope for the best with Drew and Teddy.
        Thanks Can...I respect your opinions too. Very rational and well stated.

AND, look what happened in Tampa Bay with Brady last year. Incredible to say the least. AND, if Rodgers were to sign with the Broncos I definitely believe the Broncos could be celebrating a SB win this year like Brady and the Bucs did last year. But.....
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
          The clock is ticking. The later it happens the less likely there's a SB run in 2021. Then we're stuck for a year with no draft picks to fix problems that come up. I like Rodgers for a Bridgewater price, but GB has to save face with their fans. And good luck with that. Let someone else pay.
          I think GB may be trying to run Rodgers out of road. They don't want to trade him if they can avoid it.

Comment

• Interesting articles on the fans thoughts. The team released a statement and it is directed at Rogers.

Comment

• Looks as the next few days will tell us more, Myself I think he does not show up and keeps the saga going.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I think GB may be trying to run Rodgers out of road. They don't want to trade him if they can avoid it.
                If I were Green Bay, I'd be highly motivated to trade 37 yo Rogers.

Potential trade benefit: 3 firsts, maybe even an impact player, off load his contract, his dissatisfaction and aging body.

Start afresh with Love to see what they have.

Stick or twist at QB in next 2 years: depending on how Love performs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

If I were Green Bay, I'd be highly motivated to trade 37 yo Rogers.

Potential trade benefit: 3 firsts, maybe even an impact player, off load his contract, his dissatisfaction and aging body.

Start afresh with Love to see what they have.

Stick or twist at QB in next 2 years: depending on how Love performs.
                  I can’t help but feel a bit ill at the thought of the Broncos being on the other side of that deal.

Being the ones giving up 3 firsts ( possibly more), impact player ( Chubb and ?), taking on his hefty contract, attitude and aging body. Add in he is already a month or two behind on learning the playbook and system.

Incredible player that would be exciting as hell to watch in a Broncos uniform but with each passing day I’ve lost interest in trading for him. Prefer they keep the assets and let GB keep their high priced Diva.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I can’t help but feel a bit ill at the thought of the Broncos being on the other side of that deal.

Being the ones giving up 3 firsts ( possibly more), impact player ( Chubb and ?), taking on his hefty contract, attitude and aging body. Add in he is already a month or two behind on learning the playbook and system.

Incredible player that would be exciting as hell to watch in a Broncos uniform but with each passing day I’ve lost interest in trading for him. Prefer they keep the assets and let GB keep their high priced Diva.
                    Totally 100 % Spot On.

Comment

• And I continue to hope Rodgers leads us to a SB.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I agree. And those who think / hope if Rodgers becomes a Bronco that he would lead them to a SB win is risky, very risky. What if the Broncos roll the dice with a ton of chips and sign him and he gets hurt early on or just doesn't get in sink with the Broncos offence etc. Gambling can be fun but can also be disappointing when you go all in and lose.

I'm now leaning towards totally liking what we have as a team at this point in time (not perfect) and the Rodgers gamble is not worth the risk. Sorry brother CanDB.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I agree. And those who think / hope if Rodgers becomes a Bronco that he would lead them to a SB win is risky, very risky. What if the Broncos roll the dice with a ton of chips and sign him and he gets hurt early on or just doesn't get in sink with the Broncos offence etc. Gambling can be fun but can also be disappointing when you go all in and lose.

I'm now leaning towards totally liking what we have as a team at this point in time (not perfect) and the Rodgers gamble is not worth the risk. Sorry brother CanDB.
                          He ain't heavy...he's my brother

We're goooood! I think we should all try to make a pact. If we somehow sign Rodgers for a reasonable price, we all pull for him. And if not, we pull for Drew and Teddy, to get the job done.

Comment

And I continue to hope Rodgers leads us to a SB.....
                            Me thinks if you did another poll starting today....you'd be on an island { feeling lonely }.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Me thinks if you did another poll starting today....you'd be on an island { feeling lonely }.
                              I am not sure that I agree. I think there would be a lot of the same folks who wanted him before, wanting him still. What has changed?

But sure, if this drags out for a week or two, or more, the odds of new pro Rodgers voters lessens, and eventually a bigger portion of those who want him will rethink the situation. .

In theory I'd close this poll now, because it served its purpose. To see what folks thought about acquiring him, and generally for what price. If I was to conclude, members here seem to want him. What happens going forward is less interesting, because at some point, members have too much info, which diminishes the initial value of this poll. And like other polls I've done, sometimes folks will vote after the event has happened, because I did not put in timeframes. Makes no sense why, but they just can't help themselves.

Bottom line, over 8 of 10 members that voted, really want Rodgers to lead The Broncos, whether sell the farm for him or acquire at competitive market price. At one point not long ago, it was around 85% plus.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 06-07-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

He ain't heavy...he's my brother

We're goooood! I think we should all try to make a pact. If we somehow sign Rodgers for a reasonable price, we all pull for him. And if not, we pull for Drew and Teddy, to get the job done.

As always for me, who ever signs and becomes a Denver Bronco will get my support, 100%. But there are some current players I would have a difficult time supporting if they did end up on the Broncos roster which at this point I choose to not divulge their name. Rest assured Rodgers is not one of them. He's total class in my opinion.

I believe Drew and Teddy are a good combo to start the 2021 season. Can't wait to find out.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X