Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yes I said that. Like I said elsewhere....what's kinda funny to me is when a member quotes your comment without quoting your comment. I'm right here. Or are you talking about another conversation? But if you want to discuss, with me, man to man, feel free. Yes, I said it wise to await final assessment, and no, I did not commit to wanting him here. I said it's not over till you know when. And in fairness to him, and of course, those who came forward against him, I think we can talk about the case in distant terms while still mentioning him being an NFL QB, who I did want us to trade for a while back. And I think you know what a while back refers to.
    Do you really think pushing the quote button makes you a man? Seriously?

You’re not the only one who wants to hide behind the innocent until proven guilty philosophy that only applies to the criminal justice system, not public opinion. So, I wasn’t talking only to you.

I also never said you wanted to trade for the guy in Houston. It’s obvious that you want to talk about him though. There’s no point. He’s under Criminal Investigation and facing numerous lawsuits for which he won’t even be deposed until next year.

Get over yourself. I see things differently than you do. You keep your opinion and I will keep mine.

Btw, you’re the one taking shots at me while talking to someone else. Don’t think I didn’t notice that. Be a man.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• And then you have this :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-teammate-says

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Do you really think pushing the quote button makes you a man? Seriously?

You’re not the only one who wants to hide behind the innocent until proven guilty philosophy that only applies to the criminal justice system, not public opinion. So, I wasn’t talking only to you.

I also never said you wanted to trade for the guy in Houston. It’s obvious that you want to talk about him though. There’s no point. He’s under Criminal Investigation and facing numerous lawsuits for which he won’t even be deposed until next year.

Get over yourself. I see things differently than you do. You keep your opinion and I will keep mine.

Btw, you’re the one taking shots at me while talking to someone else. Don’t think I didn’t notice that. Be a man.
        You definitely are funny. I never understand folks who regularly repeat your previous comment but don't quote you. There is no rule that says you must, but it's common sense. I've seen this before where members seem to reject specific points made, time after time, but never address the member who is saying it. It's far too obvious who you are disagreeing with initially, and the timing is seriously more than a coincidence.

Also....saying "get over yourself" is a standard form of deflection. But at least you quoted me this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
          Watson or Rodgers works perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
            I know it’s a PR nightmare but if they’re (the Texans) taking a heavy discount just to move on from it, I’d still make the trade and let him sit while the legal situation plays out. I’m pretty sure if something comes of this, we can void the contract. And if it doesn’t it could become a have your cake and eat it too situation where we trade Lock/Bridgewater to recoup what we gave up to the Texans

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Watson or Rodgers works perfect
              Absolutely!!!! Either option is a major upgrade and would make winning a thing again in Denver.

Comment

• Sad that a thread about Rodgers has been hijacked by those that want a guy who’s under Criminal Investigation.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I find it funny that members think a thread is hijacked because it does not suit their personal preference....

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I know it’s a PR nightmare but if they’re (the Texans) taking a heavy discount just to move on from it, I’d still make the trade and let him sit while the legal situation plays out. I’m pretty sure if something comes of this, we can void the contract. And if it doesn’t it could become a have your cake and eat it too situation where we trade Lock/Bridgewater to recoup what we gave up to the Texans
                    Sign him them wait for for the legal situation to play out....seriously? Bad idea. Why would the Broncos want that lame desperation drama. We're not the Raiders.

I still believe the Broncos have class.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• From a business point of view Watson actually presents some real value from the Broncos in the form of leverage as long as his situation doesn't get worse. If Green Bay asks for 3 firsts for Rodgers, we can counter with we'll wait to see if we can get Watson for less than that and Watson is a lot younger. ..and Watson's issues have severely reduced his trade value. It's a bluff that GB may not want to call.

Comment

• Once again, I see emotion driving opinion. In Watson's situation, remember, we are a nation who's laws are based on all are innocent until proven guilty. Emotional opinion is strong, and understandable if you have been transgressed against, or had someone you care for, done wrong. Just please take a breath, and remember the above. We are not old West vigilante parties taking justice into our own hands. And take this to heart, what has happened to Watson, could happen to anyone of us here, with it only taking someone to accuse you and file a civil court case against you. That's the system. It gives voice to all, and then the system is supposed to prove guilt. Not the accused has to prove innocence, but the system has to prove guilt. Civil court is a little different in it's bar of guilt is not set as high (AKA, see O.J. Simpson Civil court ruling, versus his criminal court case ruling).

From a Bronco's fan point of view on all this, you should want to keep an open mind on Watson, for if he is truly innocent, we Bronco's would greatly benefit from his being part of the team. I, myself, will not view him in any light as 'guilty', thus, tarnished, till the courts and evidence factually come to that conclusion. This will take a long time, as so far, Watson is doing the opposite of what most celebrity figures do here and settle out of court. He is steadfast in defending his honor so far, even at the detriment to his career in football. Settlement is the easy button, but he is not taking it. So calculate that in.

All in all, again as a Bronco fan, I would be thrilled if Rodgers came here, ala Payton Manning 2.0, but I am also very tempted by the youth of Watson, and the John Elway 2.0 he could bring with him being our QB for the next 15 years. With Rodgers, I see the likes of around 5 years. Personally, I think it will be Rodgers, as that has more potential to be settled sooner than the Watson situation. What I am reading now is though, that should either one be traded, it will not happen till next NFL season calendar. If so, that gives time for the Watson situation to come to conclusion. But part of me thinks Watson's case can drag out even longer, harming his playing time next year as well. We will see, but till then, as hard as it is, keep an open mind, and not a full gut feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncommish View Post
                          Once again, I see emotion driving opinion. In Watson's situation, remember, we are a nation who's laws are based on all are innocent until proven guilty. Emotional opinion is strong, and understandable if you have been transgressed against, or had someone you care for, done wrong. Just please take a breath, and remember the above. We are not old West vigilante parties taking justice into our own hands. And take this to heart, what has happened to Watson, could happen to anyone of us here, with it only taking someone to accuse you and file a civil court case against you. That's the system. It gives voice to all, and then the system is supposed to prove guilt. Not the accused has to prove innocence, but the system has to prove guilt. Civil court is a little different in it's bar of guilt is not set as high (AKA, see O.J. Simpson Civil court ruling, versus his criminal court case ruling).

From a Bronco's fan point of view on all this, you should want to keep an open mind on Watson, for if he is truly innocent, we Bronco's would greatly benefit from his being part of the team. I, myself, will not view him in any light as 'guilty', thus, tarnished, till the courts and evidence factually come to that conclusion. This will take a long time, as so far, Watson is doing the opposite of what most celebrity figures do here and settle out of court. He is steadfast in defending his honor so far, even at the detriment to his career in football. Settlement is the easy button, but he is not taking it. So calculate that in.

All in all, again as a Bronco fan, I would be thrilled if Rodgers came here, ala Payton Manning 2.0, but I am also very tempted by the youth of Watson, and the John Elway 2.0 he could bring with him being our QB for the next 15 years. With Rodgers, I see the likes of around 5 years. Personally, I think it will be Rodgers, as that has more potential to be settled sooner than the Watson situation. What I am reading now is though, that should either one be traded, it will not happen till next NFL season calendar. If so, that gives time for the Watson situation to come to conclusion. But part of me thinks Watson's case can drag out even longer, harming his playing time next year as well. We will see, but till then, as hard as it is, keep an open mind, and not a full gut feeling.
                          I agree. I am of the opinion that folks normally have real empathy for anyone who has been assaulted, humiliated and everything else unfortunate that comes with certain types of crime. But as you have stated very well, until there is evidence of wrongdoing, an individual can not be judged guilty. The court of public opinion may choose to, but there are too many cases whereby innocent parties were charged, and the downside of that is perhaps a ruined life. I don't know about everyone here, but I do not want to be the person who makes that wrong decision. But there are people who use their expertise, wisdom and fairness to make those determinations.

So though it's ok for people to eliminate Watson from any further plan, for always, it still does not prove the case. Even if there's a 1% chance of innocence (or less), by law that person deserves a fair judgement. So we can keep him far away from town, but that does not mean he's guilty. We will know at some point one way or another.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 06-10-2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncommish View Post
                            Once again, I see emotion driving opinion. In Watson's situation, remember, we are a nation who's laws are based on all are innocent until proven guilty. Emotional opinion is strong, and understandable if you have been transgressed against, or had someone you care for, done wrong. Just please take a breath, and remember the above. We are not old West vigilante parties taking justice into our own hands. And take this to heart, what has happened to Watson, could happen to anyone of us here, with it only taking someone to accuse you and file a civil court case against you. That's the system. It gives voice to all, and then the system is supposed to prove guilt. Not the accused has to prove innocence, but the system has to prove guilt. Civil court is a little different in it's bar of guilt is not set as high (AKA, see O.J. Simpson Civil court ruling, versus his criminal court case ruling).

Thank You. I just want the best QB for this Team and who ever that may be. I fully Support Drew and I am one who hope that he has a Break Out Year this Year so for once and for all that we all can put that Position to rest for the Next 15 plus Years However if that does not come to fruition then so be it and on to the Next Great QB weather that be Aaron Rodgers for no more than 3 Years or D.Watson who can be Franchise QB for Denver for the Next 15 Years or Maybe some one else I just do not know all I can do is Hope that Denver has a Great and Winning Season in 2021 and beyond. DB4L.

Comment

• Obviously we all have a line we are willing to cross or judge others when they cross it.

For me, the court cases, the guilt or innocence found there or the media spin has little to do with my opinion. The court system will work itself out, the potential NFL punishment will work itself out, and even the apologist fans willing to look the other way for a “winning QB” and accept the “system” outcome will be resolved.

I will form my own opinion of what I consider creepy if not predatory behavior by Watson. He sought out over 40+ young woman (that we know of) for questionable, if not criminal, purposes. Using his celebrity and wealth to exploit encounters. Even the 20 women who “supported” him can not deny his seeking out so many massages by non professional means is suspect and outside the norm for professional athletes.

Again, we all make our own choices. Mine is I don’t want this guy anywhere near a Bronco uniform or team. I don’t care how great a deal the Broncos may be able to get or how “innocent” the system finds him legally.

IMO his self admitted actions speak for themselves.

There are other options. Broncos need to explore them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                                Obviously we all have a line we are willing to cross or judge others when they cross it.

For me, the court cases, the guilt or innocence found there or the media spin has little to do with my opinion. The court system will work itself out, the potential NFL punishment will work itself out, and even the apologist fans willing to look the other way for a “winning QB” and accept the “system” outcome will be resolved.

I will form my own opinion of what I consider creepy if not predatory behavior by Watson. He sought out over 40+ young woman (that we know of) for questionable, if not criminal, purposes. Using his celebrity and wealth to exploit encounters. Even the 20 women who “supported” him can not deny his seeking out so many massages by non professional means is suspect and outside the norm for professional athletes.

Again, we all make our own choices. Mine is I don’t want this guy anywhere near a Bronco uniform or team. I don’t care how great a deal the Broncos may be able to get or how “innocent” the system finds him legally.

IMO his self admitted actions speak for themselves.

There are other options. Broncos need to explore them.
                                Good post.

I don’t have a problem with him seeking consensual rub and tugs.

I do have a problem with forced acts of sexual violence. I don’t know if he’s guilty of that but I do know it makes no sense to discuss adding him to a team while he remains under Criminal Investigation for it and facing multiple lawsuits.
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X