Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncommish View Post
    Once again, I see emotion driving opinion. In Watson's situation, remember, we are a nation who's laws are based on all are innocent until proven guilty. Emotional opinion is strong, and understandable if you have been transgressed against, or had someone you care for, done wrong. Just please take a breath, and remember the above. We are not old West vigilante parties taking justice into our own hands. And take this to heart, what has happened to Watson, could happen to anyone of us here, with it only taking someone to accuse you and file a civil court case against you. That's the system. It gives voice to all, and then the system is supposed to prove guilt. Not the accused has to prove innocence, but the system has to prove guilt. Civil court is a little different in it's bar of guilt is not set as high (AKA, see O.J. Simpson Civil court ruling, versus his criminal court case ruling).
    Originally posted by Broncommish View Post

From a Bronco's fan point of view on all this, you should want to keep an open mind on Watson, for if he is truly innocent, we Bronco's would greatly benefit from his being part of the team. I, myself, will not view him in any light as 'guilty', thus, tarnished, till the courts and evidence factually come to that conclusion. This will take a long time, as so far, Watson is doing the opposite of what most celebrity figures do here and settle out of court. He is steadfast in defending his honor so far, even at the detriment to his career in football. Settlement is the easy button, but he is not taking it. So calculate that in.

All in all, again as a Bronco fan, I would be thrilled if Rodgers came here, ala Payton Manning 2.0, but I am also very tempted by the youth of Watson, and the John Elway 2.0 he could bring with him being our QB for the next 15 years. With Rodgers, I see the likes of around 5 years. Personally, I think it will be Rodgers, as that has more potential to be settled sooner than the Watson situation. What I am reading now is though, that should either one be traded, it will not happen till next NFL season calendar. If so, that gives time for the Watson situation to come to conclusion. But part of me thinks Watson's case can drag out even longer, harming his playing time next year as well. We will see, but till then, as hard as it is, keep an open mind, and not a full gut feeling.

Wrong. We are NOT a court of law. An opinion formed about Watson does not put him in legal jeopardy. My opinion of Watson will not put him in jail or prison or cost him money. This argument is like saying you need a babysitter for your two young daughters. You've heard rumors from multiple people that Cousin Eddie has had inappropriate contact with young girls. You'd be a fool to say Cousin Eddie is "innocent until proven guilty" and have him babysit your two daughters, even if he may be "innocent." You're not convicting Cousin Eddie, you're simply making a choice of what's best for your family based on the info you have.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 06-10-2021, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      [B]

Wrong. We are NOT a court of law. An opinion formed about Watson does not put him in legal jeopardy. My opinion of Watson will not put him in jail or prison or cost him money. This argument is like saying you need a babysitter for your two young daughters. You've heard rumors from multiple people that Cousin Eddie has had inappropriate contact with young girls. You'd be a fool to say Cousin Eddie is "innocent until proven guilty" and have him babysit your two daughters, even if he may be "innocent." You're not convicting Cousin Eddie, you're simply making a choice of what's best for your family based on the info you have.
      Even though this thread has got a tad off course your absolutely spot on . That being said , how's the Rodgers watch looking guys ?

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

Even though this thread has got a tad off course your absolutely spot on . That being said , how's the Rodgers watch looking guys ?

I honestly think Aaron Rodgers will not be Traded and therefore we are stuck in the mud yet again with a QB Quandary unless Drew plays lights out this Season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncommish View Post
          Once again, I see emotion driving opinion. In Watson's situation, remember, we are a nation who's laws are based on all are innocent until proven guilty. Emotional opinion is strong, and understandable if you have been transgressed against, or had someone you care for, done wrong. Just please take a breath, and remember the above. We are not old West vigilante parties taking justice into our own hands. And take this to heart, what has happened to Watson, could happen to anyone of us here, with it only taking someone to accuse you and file a civil court case against you. That's the system. It gives voice to all, and then the system is supposed to prove guilt. Not the accused has to prove innocence, but the system has to prove guilt. Civil court is a little different in it's bar of guilt is not set as high (AKA, see O.J. Simpson Civil court ruling, versus his criminal court case ruling).

From a Bronco's fan point of view on all this, you should want to keep an open mind on Watson, for if he is truly innocent, we Bronco's would greatly benefit from his being part of the team. I, myself, will not view him in any light as 'guilty', thus, tarnished, till the courts and evidence factually come to that conclusion. This will take a long time, as so far, Watson is doing the opposite of what most celebrity figures do here and settle out of court. He is steadfast in defending his honor so far, even at the detriment to his career in football. Settlement is the easy button, but he is not taking it. So calculate that in.

All in all, again as a Bronco fan, I would be thrilled if Rodgers came here, ala Payton Manning 2.0, but I am also very tempted by the youth of Watson, and the John Elway 2.0 he could bring with him being our QB for the next 15 years. With Rodgers, I see the likes of around 5 years. Personally, I think it will be Rodgers, as that has more potential to be settled sooner than the Watson situation. What I am reading now is though, that should either one be traded, it will not happen till next NFL season calendar. If so, that gives time for the Watson situation to come to conclusion. But part of me thinks Watson's case can drag out even longer, harming his playing time next year as well. We will see, but till then, as hard as it is, keep an open mind, and not a full gut feeling.
          Your point is well taken but you are giving the guy too much leeway here,

The fact is he engaged in professional massage from no less than 23 different women in a short period of time. Some of which from women not qualified in the profession.

This is not reasonable conduct of an athlete treating his body. If an athlete needs deep tissue work, normally they have a few team affiliated or out of network professionals they develope a relationship with to get consistent, dependable work.

There is very obviously a sexual intention to these bookings for this alone. It's definitely predatory since we can reasonably assume these women weren't willingly participating in a providing a professional sexual fantasy/sex work.... Which I believe isn't legal in Texas anyways.

The kid is both really stupid and a predator. No matter what his day in court will say, public opinion will always be very negative. I don't want that discussion anywhere around the broncos.

If we sign Watson, I'll return my fan card .
          Last edited by Zealander; 06-10-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Just to keep the Rodgers' possibility more welcoming...

Rodgers is the only quarterback in history to throw for 400 career touchdowns before hitting 100 interceptions

If we don't acquire him, I just might have to post some negative stuff...

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Just to keep the Rodgers' possibility more welcoming...

Rodgers is the only quarterback in history to throw for 400 career touchdowns before hitting 100 interceptions

If we don't acquire him, I just might have to post some negative stuff...

LOL No Keep it CLEAN LOL Like as in Mr.Clean LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

LOL No Keep it CLEAN LOL Like as in Mr.Clean LOL
                Sorry I got carried away with myself. Are we now X rated?

Comment

• Originally posted by candb View Post

sorry i got carried away with myself. Are we now x rated?

lol lol lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Obviously we all have a line we are willing to cross or judge others when they cross it.

For me, the court cases, the guilt or innocence found there or the media spin has little to do with my opinion. The court system will work itself out, the potential NFL punishment will work itself out, and even the apologist fans willing to look the other way for a “winning QB” and accept the “system” outcome will be resolved.

I will form my own opinion of what I consider creepy if not predatory behavior by Watson. He sought out over 40+ young woman (that we know of) for questionable, if not criminal, purposes. Using his celebrity and wealth to exploit encounters. Even the 20 women who “supported” him can not deny his seeking out so many massages by non professional means is suspect and outside the norm for professional athletes.

Again, we all make our own choices. Mine is I don’t want this guy anywhere near a Bronco uniform or team. I don’t care how great a deal the Broncos may be able to get or how “innocent” the system finds him legally.

IMO his self admitted actions speak for themselves.

There are other options. Broncos need to explore them.
                    Excellent post. I agree with your assessment of Watson and his situation of seeking out over 40+ young woman, so far. Fame and $$$ gives power to do good things and bad things and it's absurd how many famous people choose to risk damaging or ruining their livelihood / career for self gratification regardless of who gets hurt. Astonishing!

I believe all individuals are innocent until proven guilty. However, at times it's easy to engage common sense and read between the lines of known information / facts to determine what's valid and real or otherwise. Watson is guilty of some or most of the charges IMO and should never be a Denver Bronco anything.
                    He's 100% poison.

AND, how often do we see the rich and famous avoid serious or any consequences due to slick lawyers and lots of $$$.
                    Last edited by jazzbodog; 06-11-2021, 06:42 PM.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I want Rodgers, I don't think it'll happen now but the sky is the limit with him at QB here.

As far as the Watson argument goes, I'd take a chance on him IF he is presumed innocent. Why not? He's 25 and deserves to be forgiven doesn't he?? Have we all made mistakes in life that hurt another person? Has everyone forgotten Big Ben? Accused of actual rape and he was allowed to play. Watson is being accused of "misconduct" towards women. A single man in his early 20s "flirting" with other young women in their early 20s.

Do we know what those conversations were behind closes doors? Yes 40 women is a lot and just plain weird but what's worse...the number of messages he gets in a month or the number of women Joe Namoth or Magic Johnson slept with in a month? It's a sickness on both fronts and if the repentance is there they need to be forgiven. We all have skeletons that if they were exposed we'd be embarrassed too. Nobody is worthy to be casting stones

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        I want Rodgers, I don't think it'll happen now but the sky is the limit with him at QB here.

As far as the Watson argument goes, I'd take a chance on him IF he is presumed innocent. Why not? He's 25 and deserves to be forgiven doesn't he?? Have we all made mistakes in life that hurt another person? Has everyone forgotten Big Ben? Accused of actual rape and he was allowed to play. Watson is being accused of "misconduct" towards women. A single man in his early 20s "flirting" with other young women in their early 20s.

Do we know what those conversations were behind closes doors? Yes 40 women is a lot and just plain weird but what's worse...the number of messages he gets in a month or the number of women Joe Namoth or Magic Johnson slept with in a month? It's a sickness on both fronts and if the repentance is there they need to be forgiven. We all have skeletons that if they were exposed we'd be embarrassed too. Nobody is worthy to be casting stones
                        IF PRESUMED innocent by who. I don't understand your IF part. The law of the land is innocent until proven guilty.

And it's NAMATH. Maybe you don't know when a word is underlined in RED it means the word is misspelled.

I don't recall Namath and Johnson being called out by NUMEROUS / DOZENS of women claiming sexual harassment.

I think it's abnormal to want a sex offender to play for the team you strongly support because they might have a better chance to win games.

I assume you're a man so would you want your wife, sister or girlfriend working next to a know sex offender every work day?

If Watson becomes a Denver Bronco I might become a Chiefs fan....until he's not.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

IF PRESUMED innocent by who. I don't understand your IF part. The law of the land is innocent until proven guilty.

And it's NAMATH. Maybe you don't know when a word is underlined in RED it means the word is misspelled.

I don't recall Namath and Johnson being called out by NUMEROUS / DOZENS of women claiming sexual harassment.

I think it's abnormal to want a sex offender to play for the team you strongly support because they might have a better chance to win games.

I assume you're a man so would you want your wife, sister or girlfriend working next to a know sex offender every work day?

If Watson becomes a Denver Bronco I might become a Chiefs fan....until he's not.
                          There's no need for that.....I believe in a world where people can be forgiven for their mistakes as I'm sure you've made some yourself

Comment

There's no need for that.....I believe in a world where people can be forgiven for their mistakes as I'm sure you've made some yourself
                            Sure I've made mistakes, but not sexual assault....not me. And if I was guilty and convicted of sexual assault I wouldn't expect or deserve forgiveness until after I was released from prison, aka paying my debt to society.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Sure I've made mistakes, but not sexual assault....not me. And if I was guilty and convicted of sexual assault I wouldn't expect or deserve forgiveness until after I was released from prison, aka paying my debt to society.
                              Maybe you've never committed sexual assault....but maybe you've driven drunk? Maybe you've stolen? Maybe you've committed adultery?

There are lots of offenses that hurt people. If a person shows remorse and asks for forgiveness for what they've done its our responsibility to grant them that forgiveness.... As hard as it may be for some to do.

Maybe Watson is guilty of all or some of these accusations or none of them. If he repents and shows remorse he'll be forgiven. If innocent let him be and let him play. If he's guilty then let him serve his time but don't hold his feet to the fire. Right or wrong it's not our job to judge, it's our job to forgive

Comment

Maybe you've never committed sexual assault....but maybe you've driven drunk? Maybe you've stolen? Maybe you've committed adultery?

There are lots of offenses that hurt people. If a person shows remorse and asks for forgiveness for what they've done its our responsibility to grant them that forgiveness.... As hard as it may be for some to do.

Maybe Watson is guilty of all or some of these accusations or none of them. If he repents and shows remorse he'll be forgiven. If innocent let him be and let him play. If he's guilty then let him serve his time but don't hold his feet to the fire. Right or wrong it's not our job to judge, it's our job to forgive
                                IF he's found innocent when judgment time arrives by the proper individuals (court of law) then there will be no need for forgiveness.

Until then, I do not want to see him in the Broncos camp.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                                X