Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Let the process complete itself before giving that second chance, preferably with another team.
    Sounds good

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

YES!

Mike Vick got a second chance.

America is the land of second chances?

And massage parlors are kinda seedy. Happy endings are pretty normal I think?
      (I have never been in a massage parlor)

And he hasn't been convicted in a court of law yet.
      Ray Lewis (accused of murder) Vick (cruelty to animals) Big Ben (twice accused of rape) Brandon Marshall (domestic abuse) Adrian Peterson (child abuse) Tyrek Hill (child endangerment and domestic abuse) or how about recently Von Miller making a girl he impregnated get an abortion (murder).....the list goes on and on. I think if we knew how nasty some of our favorite players really were it would make us sick.

The fact is we don't live in a good world. It is dark and full of evil and hate. People make stupid mistakes and pay for those mistakes but again....they deserve to be forgiven for those mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Ray Lewis (accused of murder) Vick (cruelty to animals) Big Ben (twice accused of rape) Brandon Marshall (domestic abuse) Adrian Peterson (child abuse) Tyrek Hill (child endangerment and domestic abuse) or how about recently Von Miller making a girl he impregnated get an abortion (murder).....the list goes on and on. I think if we knew how nasty some of our favorite players really were it would make us sick.

The fact is we don't live in a good world. It is dark and full of evil and hate. People make stupid mistakes and pay for those mistakes but again....they deserve to be forgiven for those mistakes.
        How many of those players were acquired in costly trades?

While forgiveness and compassion are required, can’t we at least wait for the legal process to play out before we bang the drum for a potentially bad guy?
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

How many of those players were acquired in costly trades?

While forgiveness and compassion are required, can’t we at least wait for the legal process to play out before we bang the drum for a potentially bad guy?
          Yes, absolutely....

I truly don't believe Watson or Rodgers are going anywhere this year. No team will trade for DW while the investigation is going on. Sure I'd like him because he is light-years better than what we currently have but it's a pipe dream, same for Roger's.

My argument for giving up draft pick assets is who really cares? Denver right now has a pretty darn good young core all around. I feel like if they give up a couple 1st round picks it's really not going to hurt us because what do we really need? Right tackle and middle linebacker are the only areas I see that are glaring on the roster outside of quarterback. Denver has drafted in the top 10, 3 of the last 5 years and no quarterbacks to show for it. If they're not going to draft one they might as well trade for 1
          Last edited by JvDub95; 06-13-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Yes, absolutely....

I truly don't believe Watson or Rodgers are going anywhere this year. No team will trade for DW while the investigation is going on. Sure I'd like him because he is light-years better than what we currently have but it's a pipe dream, same for Roger's.

My argument for giving up draft pick assets is who really cares? Denver right now has a pretty darn good young core all around. I feel like if they give up a couple 1st round picks it's really not going to hurt us because what do we really need? Right tackle and middle linebacker are the only areas I see that are glaring on the roster outside of quarterback. Denver has drafted in the top 10, 3 of the last 5 years and no quarterbacks to show for it. If they're not going to draft one they might as well trade for 1
            The trade part of the argument for me is....

1) The 1st first rounder is nothing, because at minimum, you must pay that to acquire any player. They may end up as a backup QB for all we know. The fact remains, a first rounder does not guarantee you anything.
            2) So, what do you have to trade to get an guaranteed starter, in this case, the MVP and future HoFamer? One more first? Easily, because unlike the the initial first, now you are paying for a real starter, and you are also paying for the extreme value this guy brings....even if it may only last a few years.
            3) So the bidding starts at 2 firsts....followed by possibly another first, or a player or two, or a combo of players/picks.
            4) If you give up a QB in exchange, that is a wash because you have the same number of QBs before and after. So at 2 firsts and a QB, this is still a deal.
            5) I assume there will be another pick or two,, or another player to close the deal. But quite possibly no more firsts, and only one more player.
            6) For me the 2 firsts get the discussion going, and the price of a star QB is more than that. How much more? Well, remember how many picks you've made that did not translate to a quality starting QB. And remember what a SB possibility feels like. And remember the players we could have drafted instead of a QB. There were some beauties!
            7) And finally.....with Rodgers the odds are each draft pick traded will be of less value than the ones we hold today, given our record will probably be a lot better. If all goes well, those picks will be vastly less in value! Think mid to late 20s on average. AND don't forget the value he would bring in terms of free agents who would love to play here! That value in my opinion reduces some of the draft pick loss. Manning attracted them, so would Rodgers.

Though Drew Lock might show progress this year and become the true starter we are awaiting on, I feel like the odds are not great. So do we take the chance, by not taking the chance, if a trade becomes possible. Yes folks, we're betting on Drew and Teddy, if we don't get to bet on Aaron. And though it is unfair to state that the current QB stable has no long term playoff likelihood, there is also a cost of not paying for the starter you want. This may be a broken record, but minus Manning's run, have we really given ourselves a real chance with QBs....for some time?

Comment

Yes, absolutely....

It’s one thing to give up draft capital, it’s another to sell the farm.

Watson has done nothing to prove he can elevate a team to championship level. Giving up a bunch of draft capital for him and not winning championships turns the trade into a bad failure.

At least with Rodgers there’s reason to believe the team can win a Super Bowl. So even if the Broncos were to fail at winning a championship, at least they would have done so with a proven championship caliber quarterback.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Sounds like the other NFL owners are banning together and warning GB not to trade Aaron. The fear is that if GB lets him walk, the NFL becomes the NBA... and stars choose where they want to go and start stacking.

It sucks, because AR is going to either have to play, or sit out at least a year... if not retire. I think this dream is likely dead. It's also unfortunate because I am hearing mostly negatives about Drew out of camp and that Teddy is running away with the competition. Bronco's are still up poo creek without a paddle, it seems.
                Last edited by Joshua2585; 06-15-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                  Sounds like the other NFL owners are banning together and warning GB not to trade Aaron. The fear is that if GB lets him walk, the NFL becomes the NBA... and stars choose where they want to go and start stacking.

It sucks, because AR is going to either have to play, or sit out at least a year... if not retired. I think this dream is likely dead. It's also unfortunate because I am hearing mostly negatives about Drew our of camp and that Teddy is running away with the competition. Bronco's are still up poo creek without a paddle, it seems.
                  I am not tuned into this type of ownership discussion, but I find it interesting that they might want to interfere with a team for making a potentially sound 2 way deal. Does that mean they are going to challenge trades like Stafford to The Rams, or even Jones to The Titans? And what is this, a "warning"? As in, we won't work with you going forward?

I believe that a trade that might benefit both teams, is as free enterprise as it gets. The owners should like that. Maybe they perceive it as a player calling the shots, but is that player really doing so? Perhaps if the player chooses the team he wants, and the trade price, but this works into the Packers' hands....all of it. If they had shown a bit more respect, maybe none of this is happening. Maybe this is not a case of players calling the shots so much as owners not listening. Seriously, I think The Pack could have minimized all of this had they just made a few smaller concessions, mostly related to keeping Rodgers involved from a communication standpoint.

Comment

Sounds like the other NFL owners are banning together and warning GB not to trade Aaron. The fear is that if GB lets him walk, the NFL becomes the NBA... and stars choose where they want to go and start stacking.

It sucks, because AR is going to either have to play, or sit out at least a year... if not retired. I think this dream is likely dead. It's also unfortunate because I am hearing mostly negatives about Drew our of camp and that Teddy is running away with the competition. Bronco's are still up poo creek without a paddle, it seems.
                    The NFL is already like that. Players follow elite QBs just to ring chase all the time. The NFL salary cap just doesn’t allow for it to be done the same way the NBA does so any talk of this by the owners is probably more sour grapes that they can’t get him or may have to face him. It isn’t like elite top level players are taking less to stack the team. They’re taking every penny they can get to keep raising salaries for everyone else. Only players nearing the end and the occasional home grown loyal talent take any real discount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

YES!

Mike Vick got a second chance.

America is the land of second chances?

And massage parlors are kinda seedy. Happy endings are pretty normal I think?
                      (I have never been in a massage parlor)

And he hasn't been convicted in a court of law yet.
                      I still hate Vick for what he did to those innocent and defenseless animals. It's inexcusable as far as I'm concerned.

True justice for Vick would have been having a couple of vicious and savage pit bulls turned loose on him for several minutes so he would understand his horrible sickness.

What Watson did to all those women may not be as bad as what Vick did but it's still very sick, IMO.
                      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

You state you're "hearing mostly negatives about Drew out of camp and that Teddy is running away with the competition".

Really? From who exactly? Please give us all the names and exact quotes and how reliable those people are and the accuracy of what they are saying.

Please prove with some facts that the "Bronco's are still up poo creek without a paddle" regarding their QB situation.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

You state you're "hearing mostly negatives about Drew out of camp and that Teddy is running away with the competition".

Really? From who exactly? Please give us all the names and exact quotes and how reliable those people are and the accuracy of what they are saying.

Please prove with some facts that the "Bronco's are still up poo creek without a paddle" regarding their QB situation.
                          I can guarantee that Teddy is not winning the Starting QB Competition as of yet and hopefully never because if Teddy does win then Denver is in REAL Trouble aka a True Game Manager Kyle Orton 2.0 and the last thing Denver needs is another Game Manager Denver needs a QB that can win a lot of games. If Denver does not land A. Rodgers to which I suspect that the GB will not Trade him ever then I hope that Drew becomes our Josh Allen 2.0 this year and then for the Next 15 plus years we will not need to be talking about Quarterbacks as is being done on a daily basis.

Comment

I still hate Vick for what he did to those innocent and defenseless animals. It's inexcusable as far as I'm concerned.

True justice for Vick would have been having a couple of vicious and savage pit bulls turned loose on him for several minutes so he would understand his horrible sickness.

What Watson did to all those women may not be as bad as what Vick did but it's still very sick, IMO.
                            What Ray Lewis And Micheal Vick did is probably worse than what Watson "allegedly" did?

Ray Lewis is even in the Hall of Fame!!!!

Comment

I do not know about the rest of his post, but Cecil Lammy, Andrew Mason, Albright and most of the broncos beat peeps, Kizla maybe too but I am not sure about him, have said that Lock has not had a great start to mini camp and that Ted has done better. I just read today that Lock makes amazing throws and then not. Then amazing and then not.

So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

I do not know about the rest of his post, but Cecil Lammy, Andrew Mason, Albright and most of the broncos beat peeps, Kizla maybe too but I am not sure about him, have said that Lock has not had a great start to mini camp and that Ted has done better. I just read today that Lock makes amazing throws and then not. Then amazing and then not.
                                We should call Drew "The Roller Coaster"....and hope the high part lasts a lot longer than the low part!

Comment

Working...
                                X