Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I think most people would hate a Tom Brady, Rodgers or Michael Jordon in their work place. Elway has that kind of personality but his dad put a lot of work in to making sure Elway fit in with the team.

As for QB of a football team or multiple reports I have seen of the average fan, sometimes division rival fan, meeting Rodgers....I have seen nothing but good stuff.

I still wonder how many people do not like his personality because of how hard he plays the game or for some other reason.
    Yeah, I don't think he's nearly like the "diva" we keep hearing about. I think he's confident, and possibly a bit of a jerk, but I see him as someone his mates would like to play for and with. But some fans like to hang onto a theory.

Comment

I think the Broncos are instantly Super Bowl contenders if they land Rodgers, so yes. He's the reigning MVP, the defense is loaded, and there is a lot of talent on offense as well. This is another turn-key scenario like the one Manning stepped into. Peyton led us to 4 division titles, 2 conference titles, and 1 Super Bowl title in 4 seasons. I realize by the end he was a shell of himself, but you can't say signing him didn't pay off. And, unlike Peyton, Rodgers is not coming off an extremely serious neck injury.
      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Could this happen again in Denver? Hope this does not turn into a distraction, lets just welcome the new members of the broncos and get to business

Comment

Offer a lot, but not too much.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yeah, I don't think he's nearly like the "diva" we keep hearing about. I think he's confident, and possibly a bit of a jerk, but I see him as someone his mates would like to play for and with. But some fans like to hang onto a theory.
            There are signs of his confidence / arrogance and relentless pursuit of his craft. This "drive" is not essential for QBs to have success in the NFL but imo it greatly enhances their chances to not only be good starters but franchise QBs and future HoFers. There are also stories of the effort he puts in to fit in with his team. Not sure when a QB with this drive realizes they need to put the effort in or else people around them start to dislike them. Best I can tell this is developed by a QB's support system. To me more impressive is the random reports from the average fans who meet Rodgers on the street.

IMO the differences between the confident / arrogance that comes out as bad stores and the arrogance that do not come out as bad stories is simply how good the QB is at smoothing things over. IMO that is the difference between Cutler and Rodgers in terms of how much of a jerk they come off as. They are probably both equal jerks in the sense of what we talking about....just some QBs know how to smooth things over better than others.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
              Could this happen again in Denver? Hope this does not turn into a distraction, lets just welcome the new members of the broncos and get to business
              It will be a distraction for fans because we have nothing better to do. The coaches and players on the team have plenty to do right now. It is harder to distract them.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I would be prepared to give up Surtain, next year's first and third and a 2023 second round pick. I'm happy to trade Surtain as he's never played a snap for us and GB need a DB like him.

Rodgers will want between 35-40 million per year IMO for him to put pen to paper.
                www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  JUST SAY NO TO AROD!!!

I think The Broncos have to be committed to developing a Young quarterback. And we need to have patience with any Young quarterback that we draft or acquire.
                  He's one of my favorite QBs and a great QB through and through but he doesn't automatically provide us with Super Bowl #4. Certainly possible but.....
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post
                    I would be prepared to give up Surtain, next year's first and third and a 2023 second round pick. I'm happy to trade Surtain as he's never played a snap for us and GB need a DB like him.

Rodgers will want between 35-40 million per year IMO for him to put pen to paper.
                    I prefer they keep Surtain. He is a foundation player at a highly coveted and compensated position. He is cost controlled for the next five years as he hopefully develops into the All Pro level player many are projecting. The Broncos need that too.

As for the salary of $35-40m. That is my concern also. That takes all kinds of player and contract gymnastics to fit into the Bronco cap. At what cost to a competitive roster? Would he be willing to sign for a more realistic Bronco team friendly $25-30m? Or is this draft day hissy fit simply calculated posturing to get that $35-40m from GB?

As I’ve stated, not against looking at the possibility of Rodgers. But it has to be a smart deal. Give up too much to add him to the roster and you have weakened the team to a “playing for 2nd place in the division” scenario anyways. Just for different reasons. I agree it would be more entertaining losing in 35-31 shootouts though.

Comment

I am sure plenty of folks could care less about an NFL Network's power ranking, but here's the latest, post draft. The Broncos dropped 2 places to 26. Here's the commentary:

The Broncos improved their roster with a strong draft. Cornerback Patrick Surtain II could end up being the best defensive player to come out of his class, while second-round pick Javonte Williams is a running back with star potential who profiles as a significant upgrade over Melvin Gordon. Quarterback remains the mystery position here, however. Trading for Teddy Bridgewater gave Denver much-needed Drew Luck insurance. But is that it? Perhaps the rumors about a pursuit of Aaron Rodgers ends with a seismic move a la Peyton Manning's arrival in 2012. Rodgers would make Denver a Super Bowl contender. The current personnel keeps this team in the mid-20s.

Whether you like it or not, even trust it for what it's worth, it does align with the general consensus out there, and even in here, given the high % of folks who seem to want a Rodgers trade to happen.

I am not saying he is right (Hanzus), but it's not exactly a new version of the state of the team. There's a big IF, and we won't know much more about it til at least September given our current stable of QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I am sure plenty of folks could care less about an NFL Network's power ranking, but here's the latest, post draft. The Broncos dropped 2 places to 26. Here's the commentary:

The Broncos improved their roster with a strong draft. Cornerback Patrick Surtain II could end up being the best defensive player to come out of his class, while second-round pick Javonte Williams is a running back with star potential who profiles as a significant upgrade over Melvin Gordon. Quarterback remains the mystery position here, however. Trading for Teddy Bridgewater gave Denver much-needed Drew Luck insurance. But is that it? Perhaps the rumors about a pursuit of Aaron Rodgers ends with a seismic move a la Peyton Manning's arrival in 2012. Rodgers would make Denver a Super Bowl contender. The current personnel keeps this team in the mid-20s.

Whether you like it or not, even trust it for what it's worth, it does align with the general consensus out there, and even in here, given the high % of folks who seem to want a Rodgers trade to happen.

I am not saying he is right (Hanzus), but it's not exactly a new version of the state of the team. There's a big IF, and we won't know much more about it til at least September given our current stable of QBs.
                        I am surprised we only drop 2.

In most peoples eyes we HAD to draft a QB. I doubt how much time they were considering the Broncos position but it seemed to be a very popular opinion on talking heads who were trying to predict what 32 teams would do. I personally do not think any of them spent the same time trying to figure out what the 32 teams are going to do as any scout on any team spent trying to figure out who to draft.

Comment

In most peoples eyes we HAD to draft a QB. I doubt how much time they were considering the Broncos position but it seemed to be a very popular opinion on talking heads who were trying to predict what 32 teams would do. I personally do not think any of them spent the same time trying to figure out what the 32 teams are going to do as any scout on any team spent trying to figure out who to draft.
                          No doubt....but it should sort of balance out, for all teams. I certainly don't put all my eggs in the "NFL writers' group", but similarly, there are home field biases that can occur as well. I am sure if you look back over the last 5 years, there were a lot of positive vibes here at this time of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                            I think the Broncos are instantly Super Bowl contenders if they land Rodgers, so yes. He's the reigning MVP, the defense is loaded, and there is a lot of talent on offense as well. This is another turn-key scenario like the one Manning stepped into. Peyton led us to 4 division titles, 2 conference titles, and 1 Super Bowl title in 4 seasons. I realize by the end he was a shell of himself, but you can't say signing him didn't pay off. And, unlike Peyton, Rodgers is not coming off an extremely serious neck injury.
                            While I agree that bringing AR to Denver makes them significantly better, however I don't think they are SB contenders yet. The Oline is still a concern and with Shurmur at the controls on offense, I don't see this team making strides. I will say though, that with AR under center, he would certainly take the play calling into his own hands if need be. He has absolutely earned that right.

Comment

There has to be something brewing in the background that we don't know about. Paton could be dealing for Rodgers as we speak. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
                                How odd would it be if Denver turns out to be the 'Florida' of QB careers? What if HOF QB's in their last years come to Denver to finish out? Not sure if that is a good thing, but it would be weird....

Comment

Working...
                                X