Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post



    I do not know about the rest of his post, but Cecil Lammy, Andrew Mason, Albright and most of the broncos beat peeps, Kizla maybe too but I am not sure about him, have said that Lock has not had a great start to mini camp and that Ted has done better. I just read today that Lock makes amazing throws and then not. Then amazing and then not.
    That’s to be expected though. Teddy is a game manager, Lock is a gunslinger. The question will be would you rather have Teddy getting 1-2 first downs before punting, a few FGs, and maybe a TD or two a game or can you get Lock to lead 2-4 TD drives a game and a few FGs at the expense of more turnovers and 3 and outs? Teddy probably caps the offense at 20 ppg, whereas Lock can be anywhere from 10 to 30+ If he steps up.

    Here’s the kicker though, if Teddy is out there game managing in OTAs, then he’s going to look better off the bat to casual observers. But I guarantee the offensive coaching won’t view it as a positive as these sessions aren’t geared towards getting to your check downs. They want the QB to take risks and figure out what windows they can get the ball through. Remember the reports from Mahomes 2nd season during their OTAs when he was throwing INTs left and right? This stage is for learning and development. So the coaching staff may view Lock’s mistakes as a net positive at this stage, however it’ll be a bit different when the pads come on and he’s still making the same mistakes.

    Granted, I’ve followed very little of these events so I could be way off. Teddy could legitimately be looking better and pushing the ball downfield. I’m just basing my opinion off what he’s done in the past. And at this stage in the offseason, Teddy has always looked great, and he probably will all the way up until the regular season and probably even the first few weeks of the regular season should he start. But what happens when defenses get more complex, injuries start to mount, hits start to accumulate, etc, historically Bridgewater has turtled into Captain Checkdown. The defense is good enough to where that may be all we need though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

      I can guarantee that Teddy is not winning the Starting QB Competition as of yet and hopefully never because if Teddy does win then Denver is in REAL Trouble aka a True Game Manager Kyle Orton 2.0 and the last thing Denver needs is another Game Manager Denver needs a QB that can win a lot of games. If Denver does not land A. Rodgers to which I suspect that the GB will not Trade him ever then I hope that Drew becomes our Josh Allen 2.0 this year and then for the Next 15 plus years we will not need to be talking about Quarterbacks as is being done on a daily basis.
      What you say makes sense. Way too early at this point in camp for one or the other to be way ahead in the QB competition. Until Bronco management states that Lock or Bridgewater is leading the race to be the starting QB then I'll remain in my wait and see mode.

      And I still say...Rodgers will not become a Denver Bronco.
      Utah Bronco Freak

      Comment


      • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

        That’s to be expected though. Teddy is a game manager, Lock is a gunslinger. The question will be would you rather have Teddy getting 1-2 first downs before punting, a few FGs, and maybe a TD or two a game or can you get Lock to lead 2-4 TD drives a game and a few FGs at the expense of more turnovers and 3 and outs? Teddy probably caps the offense at 20 ppg, whereas Lock can be anywhere from 10 to 30+ If he steps up.

        Here’s the kicker though, if Teddy is out there game managing in OTAs, then he’s going to look better off the bat to casual observers. But I guarantee the offensive coaching won’t view it as a positive as these sessions aren’t geared towards getting to your check downs. They want the QB to take risks and figure out what windows they can get the ball through. Remember the reports from Mahomes 2nd season during their OTAs when he was throwing INTs left and right? This stage is for learning and development. So the coaching staff may view Lock’s mistakes as a net positive at this stage, however it’ll be a bit different when the pads come on and he’s still making the same mistakes.

        Granted, I’ve followed very little of these events so I could be way off. Teddy could legitimately be looking better and pushing the ball downfield. I’m just basing my opinion off what he’s done in the past. And at this stage in the offseason, Teddy has always looked great, and he probably will all the way up until the regular season and probably even the first few weeks of the regular season should he start. But what happens when defenses get more complex, injuries start to mount, hits start to accumulate, etc, historically Bridgewater has turtled into Captain Checkdown. The defense is good enough to where that may be all we need though.
        Oh I don't like teddy at all. I was just commenting on that one person's post, that what they said was correct. It has been reported.

        I still think its Highly likely Rodgers.....or Watson become a bronco before the season starts. Rodgers especially! My timeliness remains the same. Sometime around training camp.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

        Comment


        • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

          Oh I don't like teddy at all. I was just commenting on that one person's post, that what they said was correct. It has been reported.

          I still think its Highly likely Rodgers.....or Watson become a bronco before the season starts. Rodgers especially! My timeliness remains the same. Sometime around training camp.
          Trade around training camp?

          I hope that Rodgers is already studying the Broncos playbook then. Because the timing would be horrible.

          As a side note, has anyone heard or seen anything about Rodgers actually “training” for the start of the season? Most comments and articles have him on vacation or doing post game show interviews. Just curious?

          I’m more inclined to think the Packers have no intention of trading him this off season. They can let him sit, save a boatload of money and trade him next off-season when they can likely get a much better draft pick or two instead of trading to a team that theoretically gets better and ruins the draft pick or picks next year.

          And that is if Rodgers is even interested in playing anymore. Retirement is not out of the question if he chooses not to play for GB this season.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

            Oh I don't like teddy at all. I was just commenting on that one person's post, that what they said was correct. It has been reported.

            I still think its Highly likely Rodgers.....or Watson become a bronco before the season starts. Rodgers especially! My timeliness remains the same. Sometime around training camp.
            I love your optimism about Rodgers....I have put the tent up, and am keeping my "reserved" spot for The Rodgers arrival. Yes folks, I have done the math and I realize it's not a high odds situation, but it's very much possible, given he has not signed, he has been pretty clear about his degree of disappointment, The Broncos come up often as a good landing spot, and the fact that The Pack management seems to be as stubborn and almost old style management is it gets these days.

            I really think Mike Garafolo nails it in this short piece.

            NFL Network's Mike Garafolo: Players who the Green Bay Packers could pursue to make quarterback Aaron Rodgers happy

            It is almost simple, yet GB seems uninterested in doing this the easy way. And for me, this makes me wonder if they are trying to hang the "diva" chain around him, rather than doing the right thing. Sort of, "hey we tried to make him happy but he's a diva". I don't think that's so much the case. Most HoF QBs are listened to, even though we (the partially tuned in critics) think we know otherwise. Picture yourself in your job, or in some other important organization you thrive in, and imagine how you would feel if you were not listened to. Not to diminish your value, but imagine if you were the most important employee in that entity, and folks did not make it a practice of at least considering your views on important resource decisions. I know a small version of that feeling, when upper management asked my specific take on something. Or when I (and a group of managers) asked a top employee something that would help us, but in so doing, give them a feeling of the value they have earned.

            And I am not talking favoritism. It is common practice for those in charge to bounce ideas off their best/most successful employees. You do that for various reasons:
            1) Because they sometimes know more about subjects than any of the upper management do.
            2) Their so called batting average is very high, therefore you trust their opinion. They are incredible sources of accurate info and know how.
            3) By having them involved in that manner, you likely improve your chances of keeping them in a competitive market that might lead to them being offered a better position/salary.

            Back to the video, Garafolo says it so well...don't just say you listen, but show evidence. In this case, we are not talking major concessions. My goodness, ask Aaron if he likes any of the WRs/TEs out there, and if he does, make a move to acquire one of them. Something as simple as that could move the yardsticks in a second.

            I know a lot of folks want to believe Rodgers is a problem, but maybe one should rethink it a little....maybe The Pack management are a big chunk of the problem.
            Last edited by CanDB; 06-15-2021, 08:14 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

              I love your optimism about Rodgers....I have put the tent up, and am keeping my "reserved" spot for The Rodgers arrival. Yes folks, I have done the math and I realize it's not a high odds situation, but it's very much possible, given he has not signed, he has been pretty clear about his degree of disappointment, The Broncos come up often as a good landing spot, and the fact that The Pack management seems to be as stubborn and almost old style management is it gets these days.

              I really think Mike Garafolo nails it in this short piece.

              NFL Network's Mike Garafolo: Players who the Green Bay Packers could pursue to make quarterback Aaron Rodgers happy

              It is almost simple, yet GB seems uninterested in doing this the easy way. And for me, this makes me wonder if they are trying to hang the "diva" chain around him, rather than doing the right thing. Sort of, "hey we tried to make him happy but he's a diva". I don't think that's so much the case. Most HoF QBs are listened to, even though we (the partially tuned in critics) think we know otherwise. Picture yourself in your job, or in some other important organization you thrive in, and imagine how you would feel if you were not listened to. Not to diminish your value, but imagine if you were the most important employee in that entity, and folks did not make it a practice of at least considering your views on important resource decisions. I know a small version of that feeling, when upper management asked my specific take on something. Or when I (and a group of managers) asked a top employee something that would help us, but in so doing, give them a feeling of the value they have earned.

              And I am not talking favoritism. It is common practice for those in charge to bounce ideas off their best/most successful employees. You do that for various reasons:
              1) Because they sometimes know more about subjects than any of the upper management do.
              2) Their so called batting average is very high, therefore you trust their opinion. They are incredible sources of accurate info and know how.
              3) By having them involved in that manner, you likely improve your chances of keeping them in a competitive market that might lead to them being offered a better position/salary.

              Back to the video, Garafolo says it so well...don't just say you listen, but show evidence. In this case, we are not talking major concessions. My goodness, ask Aaron if he likes any of the WRs/TEs out there, and if he does, make a move to acquire one of them. Something as simple as that could move the yardsticks in a second.

              I know a lot of folks want to believe Rodgers is a problem, but maybe one should rethink it a little....maybe The Pack management are a big chunk of the problem.
              Ya not sure how anyone can think Rodgers is a problem. His entire career they have never heard that until draft night a few months ago. He has not made a fuss or gone crazy in the public eye. He has said that they have screwed him over enough and he is done. That is not a head case. That is not drama. That is not a problem. It is a guy who no longer wants to work for his employer and would like to go somewhere else.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

              Comment


              • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

                Ya not sure how anyone can think Rodgers is a problem. His entire career they have never heard that until draft night a few months ago. He has not made a fuss or gone crazy in the public eye. He has said that they have screwed him over enough and he is done. That is not a head case. That is not drama. That is not a problem. It is a guy who no longer wants to work for his employer and would like to go somewhere else.
                This is not entirely accurate.

                Rodgers has said things in the past that the team probably wishes he hadn’t. Stories have come out about him.

                More than one ex-teammate has had negative things to say about him in the past.

                From what I remember being reported, his attitude is one of the reasons the Niners didn’t draft him.

                On top of all that, we don’t know what Rodgers wants.

                We do know that James Jones expects Rodgers to show up for training camp for the Packers.

                If the Broncos can get Rodgers for a reasonable price, I wouldn’t object to it.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                Comment


                • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                  This is not entirely accurate.

                  Rodgers has said things in the past that the team probably wishes he hadn’t. Stories have come out about him.

                  More than one ex-teammate has had negative things to say about him in the past.

                  From what I remember being reported, his attitude is one of the reasons the Niners didn’t draft him.

                  On top of all that, we don’t know what Rodgers wants.

                  We do know that James Jones expects Rodgers to show up for training camp for the Packers.

                  If the Broncos can get Rodgers for a reasonable price, I wouldn’t object to it.
                  As much as you suggest we don't know, there is a ton of info we do know. That he is a GREAT player, who seems to be well-liked by most team mates, and is highly spoken of by most experts, and that he is absolutely committed to community.

                  As for what he wants, I am not 100% sure, but based on what I hear/read/observe, it's not about money anymore, it's absolutely about respect. And he deserves some.

                  You name 10 high quality QBs and I can find you something negative about most of them.

                  And though it's different in some ways, it's very much what Brady was all about. In fact, had The pats listened to him more, and made football fun, it was also not about the money....but the enjoyment/respect factors. And guess what, he won another SB and The pats were nowhere to be found.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

                    Ya not sure how anyone can think Rodgers is a problem. His entire career they have never heard that until draft night a few months ago. He has not made a fuss or gone crazy in the public eye. He has said that they have screwed him over enough and he is done. That is not a head case. That is not drama. That is not a problem. It is a guy who no longer wants to work for his employer and would like to go somewhere else.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

                      Ya not sure how anyone can think Rodgers is a problem. His entire career they have never heard that until draft night a few months ago. He has not made a fuss or gone crazy in the public eye. He has said that they have screwed him over enough and he is done. That is not a head case. That is not drama. That is not a problem. It is a guy who no longer wants to work for his employer and would like to go somewhere else.
                      We are assuming we know what goes on in GB. Maybe both side are head-cases. Maybe management is disrespectful or Rodgers not the swell guy to work with as is being suggested . We have little to no info on his past decade in GB , other then what the PR teams from both sides want us to know about the situation.

                      And it is not as simple as “the guy just doesn’t want to work there any longer”. Rodgers is under contract. Plans have been made around him being there. The entertainment and marketing element almost important as the on field component. Wouldn’t there be financial penalties and repercussions if Vin Diesel suddenly had “creative differences “ and just wanted to quit on the final weeks of filming the the new Fast and Furious movie?

                      Rodgers “ just wanting to work elsewhere” is not that simple. If it was he could just pay back his signing bonus and be a free agent. There would be no compensation for GB and Rodgers could go play for whichever team he wanted.

                      Let me know when the system changes to that. Until then he is under contract with GB and it will take more then I am willing to trade away to bring him in to Denver this late. Is he even in shape? Or is that not even an issue?


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                        We are assuming we know what goes on in GB. Maybe both side are head-cases. Maybe management is disrespectful or Rodgers not the swell guy to work with as is being suggested . We have little to no info on his past decade in GB , other then what the PR teams from both sides want us to know about the situation.

                        And it is not as simple as “the guy just doesn’t want to work there any longer”. Rodgers is under contract. Plans have been made around him being there. The entertainment and marketing element almost important as the on field component. Wouldn’t there be financial penalties and repercussions if Vin Diesel suddenly had “creative differences “ and just wanted to quit on the final weeks of filming the the new Fast and Furious movie?

                        Rodgers “ just wanting to work elsewhere” is not that simple. If it was he could just pay back his signing bonus and be a free agent. There would be no compensation for GB and Rodgers could go play for whichever team he wanted.

                        Let me know when the system changes to that. Until then he is under contract with GB and it will take more then I am willing to trade away to bring him in to Denver this late. Is he even in shape? Or is that not even an issue?



                        HUh? you are going off on a completely different thing.

                        Its not the final few weeks of filming. This came out right before the new league year started. It has been going on since technically BEFORE the draft! We just found out about it before the draft. And yes, they do drop directors and actors when filming frequently.

                        It is that simple for Rodgers. He does not want to work there. Now obviously he cannot, but that still changes nothing. He does not want to work there. The rest has no bearing my man.

                        I have no idea when the system will change. Does it matter? oh, wait, it does not, so lets try and not be so condescending eh?. Rodgers wants out. GB has screwed the pooch. Once they get to TC and he still does not come back (assuming that is the case) I bet he gets traded. Then what you just said will seem quite silly.



                        The last question you posed? Is rodgers even in shape, does it matter? LOL. No it does not matter. He is not Lendale White coming in 30 lbs heavier. ALL Throughout the draft we heard about mac jones dad bod. If it is not an issue then it will not be for Rodgers. Big ben has had chubby moments. For a QB as good as rodgers, no it does not matter. That also assumes that an Elite Level HOF QB would just let his body slip when he literally has not ever done that. There is absolutely no reason to think it would happen now. I also am pretty sure I read taht ROdgers has been taking some pages out of Bradys weird diet book to prolong his body and career.


                        I hope I addressed all of your questions. I am still not really sure what your point was through all of it, but I did my best.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post



                          HUh? you are going off on a completely different thing.

                          Its not the final few weeks of filming. This came out right before the new league year started. It has been going on since technically BEFORE the draft! We just found out about it before the draft. And yes, they do drop directors and actors when filming frequently.

                          It is that simple for Rodgers. He does not want to work there. Now obviously he cannot, but that still changes nothing. He does not want to work there. The rest has no bearing my man.

                          I have no idea when the system will change. Does it matter? oh, wait, it does not, so lets try and not be so condescending eh?. Rodgers wants out. GB has screwed the pooch. Once they get to TC and he still does not come back (assuming that is the case) I bet he gets traded. Then what you just said will seem quite silly.



                          The last question you posed? Is rodgers even in shape, does it matter? LOL. No it does not matter. He is not Lendale White coming in 30 lbs heavier. ALL Throughout the draft we heard about mac jones dad bod. If it is not an issue then it will not be for Rodgers. Big ben has had chubby moments. For a QB as good as rodgers, no it does not matter. That also assumes that an Elite Level HOF QB would just let his body slip when he literally has not ever done that. There is absolutely no reason to think it would happen now. I also am pretty sure I read taht ROdgers has been taking some pages out of Bradys weird diet book to prolong his body and career.


                          I hope I addressed all of your questions. I am still not really sure what your point was through all of it, but I did my best.
                          Rodgers is under contract until after the 2023 season. All the drama currently going on does not change that. GB controls the contract. Rodgers can not simply walk away. Even if he retires today I think (not positive) he still owes GB his signing bonus money. So the timing of this current desire to play for another team has no relevance. The contract still has two years. .

                          My example of Diesel and the movie business with Rodgers is both are the "face of the franchise" and signed contracts to complete the projects. Plans and development were designed around the length of those contracts and the "completion" of those contracts. Either chooses to leave early, they pay severe penalties unless GB or in this comparison the movie studio allows the "star" to leave.

                          IF GB chooses to make Rodgers honor his contract, they can. He can only choose to sit out and re-pay bonuses and not collect a check. Or retire.

                          GB can keep the money and move on with rebuilding with a new QB. They can wait until some desperate team chooses to sell the farm if they like. This season or next off-season if they believe the deals will improve.

                          Having Rodgers is a cool dream. Just don't see it happening. Especially don't like if it takes 3-5 quality picks, 1-2 current players, AND needing to pay him his extension of $40+M which will effect the cap decisions for current or future quality players.. Hell of a price to pay. IMO.

                          This "all -in move " has best chance of succeeding this year. Only it is now mid June, how late can he be traded for that allows for efficiency and stability within the Broncos system? Does Rodgers like Shurmur? Fangio?

                          After this year the chances drop off IMO due to the difficulty in re-signing or adding free agents with cap limitations. Same difficulties teams like GB, SEA, DAL have been trying to solve.

                          Consider the secondary. Fuller, Callahan, Jackson and I believe Darby all need contracts next year. How? Best secondary in the NFL likely drops off as the older ring chaser vets start signing and we hope thy have "one more year". Same as Rodgers, the man's 38. How many seasons is he playing at an MVP level? This all in- move has to be for a ring, not playing for second place and moderate playoff success.

                          There is a lot to consider here over simply how cool it would be to have a new "damned good" QB. What is the ceiling over the next three years you are "hoping" Rodgers still plays and all the pieces fall into place? I'm not thrilled with Lock over the next three years either but succeed or fail with Lock/Bridgewater there are still options over the next few years. Go All-In with Rodgers you eliminate any options.
                          Last edited by FR Tim; 06-15-2021, 03:55 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post



                            HUh? you are going off on a completely different thing.

                            Its not the final few weeks of filming. This came out right before the new league year started. It has been going on since technically BEFORE the draft! We just found out about it before the draft. And yes, they do drop directors and actors when filming frequently.

                            It is that simple for Rodgers. He does not want to work there. Now obviously he cannot, but that still changes nothing. He does not want to work there. The rest has no bearing my man.

                            I have no idea when the system will change. Does it matter? oh, wait, it does not, so lets try and not be so condescending eh?. Rodgers wants out. GB has screwed the pooch. Once they get to TC and he still does not come back (assuming that is the case) I bet he gets traded. Then what you just said will seem quite silly.



                            The last question you posed? Is rodgers even in shape, does it matter? LOL. No it does not matter. He is not Lendale White coming in 30 lbs heavier. ALL Throughout the draft we heard about mac jones dad bod. If it is not an issue then it will not be for Rodgers. Big ben has had chubby moments. For a QB as good as rodgers, no it does not matter. That also assumes that an Elite Level HOF QB would just let his body slip when he literally has not ever done that. There is absolutely no reason to think it would happen now. I also am pretty sure I read taht ROdgers has been taking some pages out of Bradys weird diet book to prolong his body and career.


                            I hope I addressed all of your questions. I am still not really sure what your point was through all of it, but I did my best.
                            I believe FR Tim's point is most if not all of us that are attempting to diagnose the Rodgers situation in GB really don't know anything. How could anyone know? The range of factors on both sides of the Rodgers issue is a 100% guessing game.

                            We can all rest assured that one of three things will happen. He stays in GB, he signs with another team or he retires from the NFL.
                            Nobody knows what his decision will be and everyone should put their crystal ball back on the shelf.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

                            Comment


                            • Accept one fact...if Rodgers becomes available, even with initial trade pain, it's a really, really good thing!!!

                              Comment


                              • Not that it matters, but here's a 2020 QB ranking, for the season and playoffs.

                                QB Index: Ranking the 59 starting quarterbacks of the 2020 NFL season

                                Not surprisingly that some of us have been on The Watson train, and now The Rodgers train. Here are the most relevant results:

                                #1 - Aaron Rodgers
                                #4 - Deshaun Watson

                                #29 - Teddy Bridgewater
                                #33 - Drew Lock

                                Not a prediction of '21, or the future, but for me, is worthy of the interest during the offseason ride.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X