Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

    Rodgers is under contract until after the 2023 season. All the drama currently going on does not change that. GB controls the contract. Rodgers can not simply walk away. Even if he retires today I think (not positive) he still owes GB his signing bonus money. So the timing of this current desire to play for another team has no relevance. The contract still has two years. .

    My example of Diesel and the movie business with Rodgers is both are the "face of the franchise" and signed contracts to complete the projects. Plans and development were designed around the length of those contracts and the "completion" of those contracts. Either chooses to leave early, they pay severe penalties unless GB or in this comparison the movie studio allows the "star" to leave.

    IF GB chooses to make Rodgers honor his contract, they can. He can only choose to sit out and re-pay bonuses and not collect a check. Or retire.

    GB can keep the money and move on with rebuilding with a new QB. They can wait until some desperate team chooses to sell the farm if they like. This season or next off-season if they believe the deals will improve.

    Having Rodgers is a cool dream. Just don't see it happening. Especially don't like if it takes 3-5 quality picks, 1-2 current players, AND needing to pay him his extension of $40+M which will effect the cap decisions for current or future quality players.. Hell of a price to pay. IMO.

    This "all -in move " has best chance of succeeding this year. Only it is now mid June, how late can he be traded for that allows for efficiency and stability within the Broncos system? Does Rodgers like Shurmur? Fangio?

    After this year the chances drop off IMO due to the difficulty in re-signing or adding free agents with cap limitations. Same difficulties teams like GB, SEA, DAL have been trying to solve.

    Consider the secondary. Fuller, Callahan, Jackson and I believe Darby all need contracts next year. How? Best secondary in the NFL likely drops off as the older ring chaser vets start signing and we hope thy have "one more year". Same as Rodgers, the man's 38. How many seasons is he playing at an MVP level? This all in- move has to be for a ring, not playing for second place and moderate playoff success.

    There is a lot to consider here over simply how cool it would be to have a new "damned good" QB. What is the ceiling over the next three years you are "hoping" Rodgers still plays and all the pieces fall into place? I'm not thrilled with Lock over the next three years either but succeed or fail with Lock/Bridgewater there are still options over the next few years. Go All-In with Rodgers you eliminate any options.
    Thats great and all, but "go all in with rodgers and you eliminate any options" is not correct at all my dude. We have plenty of cap space. Von might come off the books or restructure. Melvin Gordon will either be off or back at a team friendly. We have too many good starting DBs anyhow, we just drafted like 5 as well. They will replace Kjax and maybe fuller or Callahan. Plus the draft (even without a 1st round pick). Rodgers does not eliminate anything except KC from being the top dog.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

    Comment


    • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

      Thats great and all, but "go all in with rodgers and you eliminate any options" is not correct at all my dude. We have plenty of cap space. Von might come off the books or restructure. Melvin Gordon will either be off or back at a team friendly. We have too many good starting DBs anyhow, we just drafted like 5 as well. They will replace Kjax and maybe fuller or Callahan. Plus the draft (even without a 1st round pick). Rodgers does not eliminate anything except KC from being the top dog.
      Yah....if we get to bid for and acquire Rodgers, we certainly eliminate the ever more painful toothache, best known as QB searching. We're too accustomed to searching and not finding. Sign Rodgers and we are not searching for another few years, long enough to groom his successor. Long enough to possibly win another SB.

      We will eliminate doubt.

      Comment


      • How many more seasons do you think Rodgers has in him?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Not that it matters, but here's a 2020 QB ranking, for the season and playoffs.

          QB Index: Ranking the 59 starting quarterbacks of the 2020 NFL season

          Not surprisingly that some of us have been on The Watson train, and now The Rodgers train. Here are the most relevant results:

          #1 - Aaron Rodgers
          #4 - Deshaun Watson

          #29 - Teddy Bridgewater
          #33 - Drew Lock

          Not a prediction of '21, or the future, but for me, is worthy of the interest during the offseason ride.
          Ugly "stat history" can be very disappointing especially when it involves not one but two important players on your favorite team.
          Utah Bronco Freak

          Comment


          • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
            How many more seasons do you think Rodgers has in him?
            Just me personally, I think somewhere between 5 to 7 (on whichever team he plays for assuming he doesnt get traded to someone terrible like the Jets or something)


            He has stated he wants to play into his 40s. He has said he is following Bradys diet/regimen...thing. Rodgers has always had a stronger arm than Brady. He has no injuries like Peyton (literally no feeling in his entire right arm). If guys like Brady and Brees, and Favre, etc can go for a long time then why not Rodgers?

            I think he has half a decade in him. More than enough to unseat the chefs and win a SB or two. Maybe find our own young QB during the process to develop.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

            Comment


            • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

              Just me personally, I think somewhere between 5 to 7 (on whichever team he plays for assuming he doesnt get traded to someone terrible like the Jets or something)


              He has stated he wants to play into his 40s. He has said he is following Bradys diet/regimen...thing. Rodgers has always had a stronger arm than Brady. He has no injuries like Peyton (literally no feeling in his entire right arm). If guys like Brady and Brees, and Favre, etc can go for a long time then why not Rodgers?

              I think he has half a decade in him. More than enough to unseat the chefs and win a SB or two. Maybe find our own young QB during the process to develop.
              Denver better console A. Rodgers before drafting a QB LOL j/k LOL.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

                Denver better console A. Rodgers before drafting a QB LOL j/k LOL.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                  Yah....if we get to bid for and acquire Rodgers, we certainly eliminate the ever more painful toothache, best known as QB searching. We're too accustomed to searching and not finding. Sign Rodgers and we are not searching for another few years, long enough to groom his successor. Long enough to possibly win another SB.

                  We will eliminate doubt.
                  I hope everyone riding on the "Denver Rodgers Broncos" band wagon doesn't get mentally injured when the wagon crashes and burns this summer.

                  Falling off of cloud 9 can be a long way down to earth.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

                    I hope everyone riding on the "Denver Rodgers Broncos" band wagon doesn't get mentally injured when the wagon crashes and burns this summer.

                    Falling off of cloud 9 can be a long way down to earth.
                    I won't fall far. I am realistic about the odds, but until such time as someone says he's sticking with The Pack, I stay optimistic. I know full well what the odds might be, and factor them into the equation. Each day I awaken wondering if they have patched up. So I park the enthusiasm when I'm not online, but keep the hope up.

                    I really think that if he signed here, a number of the "refrainers" will take a different position. As in, "I was hopin all along!"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                      I won't fall far. I am realistic about the odds, but until such time as someone says he's sticking with The Pack, I stay optimistic. I know full well what the odds might be, and factor them into the equation. Each day I awaken wondering if they have patched up. So I park the enthusiasm when I'm not online, but keep the hope up.

                      I really think that if he signed here, a number of the "refrainers" will take a different position. As in, "I was hopin all along!"
                      lol that is exactly it!
                      We crash and burn, sure I guess. The others get left behind "I did not think it would happen but wanted it to"....

                      The real odds are 50/50. They are. He is NOT going back to the pack. That is a fact. We know this. So its trade or retirement. Both are highly likely to happen. If it is trade, we are at the top of that list I am sure. Anything else anyone says is just arguing to try and prove whatever position they personally are hoping for.

                      Glazer just reported today it is a Fact that he is dug in and WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO GREENBAY! He just reported that today. So, its either trade (hopefully us) or Retirement. One move makes a lot more sense for GB than the other.


                      GB can take a dump in one hand and hope rodgers forgives and forgets and see which one will first. Or they can take the moral victory in one hand by standing true to themselves or they can have some premium picks for the next draft to do what they should have done when Rodgers was playing for them.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • We all knew that things were not going to start to heat up until At Least June 1st. We are now two weeks in and things are heating up. More things are being said. Green bay keeps kicking their own nuts. Rodgers has stayed away. Everything is progressing EXACTLY as we thought it would. (aside from the even more stupid things GB is doing).

                        So about 4 ish more weeks until Training Camp. Once he does not show there and does not sign the long term extension it will be time!
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          We all knew that things were not going to start to heat up until At Least June 1st. We are now two weeks in and things are heating up. More things are being said. Green bay keeps kicking their own nuts. Rodgers has stayed away. Everything is progressing EXACTLY as we thought it would. (aside from the even more stupid things GB is doing).

                          So about 4 ish more weeks until Training Camp. Once he does not show there and does not sign the long term extension it will be time!
                          You are more patient than me pal. And that is a good trait!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

                            lol that is exactly it!
                            We crash and burn, sure I guess. The others get left behind "I did not think it would happen but wanted it to"....

                            The real odds are 50/50. They are. He is NOT going back to the pack. That is a fact. We know this. So its trade or retirement. Both are highly likely to happen. If it is trade, we are at the top of that list I am sure. Anything else anyone says is just arguing to try and prove whatever position they personally are hoping for.

                            Glazer just reported today it is a Fact that he is dug in and WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO GREENBAY! He just reported that today. So, its either trade (hopefully us) or Retirement. One move makes a lot more sense for GB than the other.


                            GB can take a dump in one hand and hope rodgers forgives and forgets and see which one will first. Or they can take the moral victory in one hand by standing true to themselves or they can have some premium picks for the next draft to do what they should have done when Rodgers was playing for them.
                            What “premium picks”? If Broncos make the jump so many are predicting the picks become late 1st and 2nd rounders. Wouldn’t GB benefit from waiting until next off season to get more teams and better picks? Potentially top 10 picks?

                            It would be a PR nightmare for GB to have Rodgers sitting all season but financially and draft value… no comparison. GB either shows patience or they get a worse deal.

                            Funny how no one is mentioning the article from yesterday that cites how “ selfish” Rodgers is as a teammate and not all find him to be the best teammate in many opinions. Not an issue in the long run except it gives an peek at what to expect if he makes his way to Dove Valley.

                            Im still predicting he stays in GB. All will be resolved with no camp and a mega extension. He starts Game 1 in GB.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                              What “premium picks”? If Broncos make the jump so many are predicting the picks become late 1st and 2nd rounders. Wouldn’t GB benefit from waiting until next off season to get more teams and better picks? Potentially top 10 picks?

                              It would be a PR nightmare for GB to have Rodgers sitting all season but financially and draft value… no comparison. GB either shows patience or they get a worse deal.

                              Funny how no one is mentioning the article from yesterday that cites how “ selfish” Rodgers is as a teammate and not all find him to be the best teammate in many opinions. Not an issue in the long run except it gives an peek at what to expect if he makes his way to Dove Valley.

                              Im still predicting he stays in GB. All will be resolved with no camp and a mega extension. He starts Game 1 in GB.
                              The Packers may have handled this so poorly that they might not have the luxury of waiting until next year.

                              That would be the smart thing for them to do though.

                              No matter what anyone says, we don’t know what Rodgers truly wants. He could very well end up staying in Green Bay because that could be what he wants.

                              I have alluded to him being a bad teammate before but most will ignore those stories. They shouldn’t be ignored, but they also shouldn’t stop a team from considering a trade for Rodgers.

                              I think the best course for the Broncos is to give Lock another year. They can revisit a trade for Rodgers next year.

                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                              Comment


                              • Quite a few players have called Rogers a bad teammate over the years. There have also been many others who have come to his defense. He’s still been successful and he’s never addressed the issue, Pat McAfee said that he told him he’s “killing them with indifference”. Not all players will get along or even be friends. These opinions of Rogers hasn’t ever really hindered the team unless you want to say maybe it’s stopped them from getting over the hump although I think there are many other reasons for that. I think Rogers is just a really laid back guy and in such an emotional sport, it may have rubbed some people the wrong way over the course of his career and his indifference about it made it worse than it was. I’m sure there are a lot of former teammates that felt similarly about other top QBs, Matt Willis would probably have some choice words about Manning.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X