Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Interesting. Fill me in if you can, when would he likely be a FA based on how things are going?
    Yes... tbh I posted in jest. I just want to imagine a scenario where firstly we dont sell the farm for Rogers, but rather hope that eventually Watsons situation resolves itself (to the extent of an old Scottish verdict of unproven) and there's a mutual parting of ways so Watson can start afresh somewhere else. Just spitballing in the absence of any news.. its dog days for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Yes... tbh I posted in jest. I just want to imagine a scenario where firstly we dont sell the farm for Rogers, but rather hope that eventually Watsons situation resolves itself (to the extent of an old Scottish verdict of unproven) and there's a mutual parting of ways so Watson can start afresh somewhere else. Just spitballing in the absence of any news.. its dog days for sure.
      Cool....I wasn't sure how that plays out. I guess I'll recline from this part of the discussion and stick with my obvious hopes for Rodgers. Yes, then for Drew and Teddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It is possible for Rodgers to be a bad teammate and still be a great quarterback.

Whether he is or is not a bad teammate only his teammates can really know. A lot of them won’t say he is a bad teammate even if he is.

The ones that have said negative things don’t have to be jealous in order to say those things.

The fans will take whatever side suits them. If things go bad in Green Bay, they will either blame the organization or they will blame Rodgers.

Well sure, anything is POSSIBLE. He could be a peeping tom, stalker, a animal abuser, etc. He just doesn't strike me as having any personally issues that would make him not liked by any team mates. Perhaps a bit stand-offish to some and if so......pfffff....
        I couldn't care less what his teammates think of him. They can go to the HOF in the near future and wish they were looking at their bust instead of his.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
          Stick with Lock or BridgeQB and pick up Watson half way through the season when he is a FA
          Yea....after he posts bond and waits for his trial(s). I wonder how annoying it is wearing an ankle monitor during practice and games?
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Yea....after he posts bond and waits for his trial(s). I wonder how annoying it is wearing an ankle monitor during practice and games?
            I can just see it....

"Where are you? We lost you!"

"Turn on the game. I'm wearing #4."

Comment

• Here is some interest stuff about Rodgers. If he really wants out of GB apparently he can opt out of the 2021 season

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?partner=Yahoo
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I doubt he does it. I doubt he holds out at all.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I think we'll know by next Friday what he plans on doing. He could opt of this year now with the Covid thing and save himself 18 million dollars. That means Packers should trade him too if he's serious about holding out. Here is an article that explains it from Pro Football Talk.

It seemed too easy, too good to be true. After further review, it isn’t.

The letter agreement between the NFL and NFL Players Association from Tuesday of this week does indeed grant broad powers to all players to opt out of the 2021 season, regardless of whether they opted out in 2020 or whether they have been diagnosed with a higher-risk condition since October 1, 2020. Although such players would be entitled to no stipend for 2021, any player who executed his most recent contract before October 1, 2020 can indeed opt out voluntarily, no questions asked as to motivation or qualification or possible ulterior motive.

This includes, most notably, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. By next Friday, July 2, he can pull the plug on the 2021 season. It would be a permanent and irrevocable decision, but he can do it.

The benefit to doing so comes from the fact that he would not forfeit $11.5 million in unearned signing bonus money for 2021 if he opts out. Also, he presumably would still receive the payments on the $6.8 million roster bonus that he earned in March, and that is due to be paid out in weekly installments during the season.

That’s $18.3 million that he’ll keep by opting out. If he doesn’t opt out but holds out, he loses that $18.3 million — and would be fined roughly $2 million on top of it for skipping training camp.

The problem with opting out is that it requires a fairly quick decision, and the decision cannot be changed. But if Rodgers truly is thinking about staying away for all of 2021, there are 20.3 million reasons for making a final and binding decision in the next seven days.
                  Link to the article: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...llet-for-2021/

Comment

• Quite the loophole for him. I think he takes it.

Comment

• If he is serious about not playing for GB this would certainly make the most sense for him.

And GB has more time to convince him to remain next season or get a better deal by trading him before the next draft,. Not source how they feel about having to pay him for sitting out though.

If I understand the opt out correctly, he can't change his mind once he sends in the paperwork, correct? Once he decides on 2 July he is out for the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        If he is serious about not playing for GB this would certainly make the most sense for him.

And GB has more time to convince him to remain next season or get a better deal by trading him before the next draft,. Not source how they feel about having to pay him for sitting out though.

If I understand the opt out correctly, he can't change his mind once he sends in the paperwork, correct? Once he decides on 2 July he is out for the season?
                        It is an irrevocable decision.

The Packers would be best served by waiting until next year to trade him.

I would be a bit surprised if Rodgers opts out. A hold out would give him a chance to play this season and probably cost him less money, if he gets traded.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Definitely an interesting choice.

I’m still think he and GB work out their issues and he is starting game one for them.

With a nice big extension and a public pucker to his backside by management.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                            I think we'll know by next Friday what he plans on doing. He could opt of this year now with the Covid thing and save himself 18 million dollars. That means Packers should trade him too if he's serious about holding out. Here is an article that explains it from Pro Football Talk.

Thx for this. Good value add!!

Makes this next week very interesting. No matter what he does, we know that his services are strongly wanted, and teams will pay a big price for him, even if just for a few years of hope. Rodgers knows exactly what he can and can not do, and if I'm GB I look for ways of narrowing the gap, even if that means a trade....which could greatly benefit them. If they are are playing this out hoping the fans will see their side, or turn on Rodgers, it would be a foolish decision. This is a business, and truth is, fans will judge GB for their team this season and beyond. Not whether they got the best of Aaron Rodgers in a showdown of the minds, or if The Pack won the PR battle.

This should be about his value to the team, and what they can get for him if he does not want to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                              I think we'll know by next Friday what he plans on doing. He could opt of this year now with the Covid thing and save himself 18 million dollars. That means Packers should trade him too if he's serious about holding out. Here is an article that explains it from Pro Football Talk.

I wonder how this would impact any trade negotiations if he opts out. Patience is very thin in the NFL and having to wait a year for a QB at his age would have to drive the cost down. Unfortunately for those who are tired of talking about it, but this would do nothing to eliminate our interest, if anything it probably only increases it. We get to 1 more year to see what Lock has while Rodgers would get a year to study the playbook and come back with something to prove to the naysayers. The only issue would be if Lock balls out, do we then trade the now promising young QB or do we try and flip Rodgers? That’s a pretty good problem to have

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I wonder how this would impact any trade negotiations if he opts out. Patience is very thin in the NFL and having to wait a year for a QB at his age would have to drive the cost down. Unfortunately for those who are tired of talking about it, but this would do nothing to eliminate our interest, if anything it probably only increases it. We get to 1 more year to see what Lock has while Rodgers would get a year to study the playbook and come back with something to prove to the naysayers. The only issue would be if Lock balls out, do we then trade the now promising young QB or do we try and flip Rodgers? That’s a pretty good problem to have

Interesting suggestion. What would you be considering a “fair” trade offer would be for Rodgers when he is not available for a year and could choose to just retire because he enjoyed his year off so much.

If they choose to use the assumed multiple assets and cap space to trade for Rodgers ( or any player) I prefer he actually sees the field this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X