Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I wonder how this would impact any trade negotiations if he opts out. Patience is very thin in the NFL and having to wait a year for a QB at his age would have to drive the cost down. Unfortunately for those who are tired of talking about it, but this would do nothing to eliminate our interest, if anything it probably only increases it. We get to 1 more year to see what Lock has while Rodgers would get a year to study the playbook and come back with something to prove to the naysayers. The only issue would be if Lock balls out, do we then trade the now promising young QB or do we try and flip Rodgers? That’s a pretty good problem to have
    Sign me up! Rodgers could take a nice break, keep fit, and then resume play without skipping too many beats. We have little pressure, because if Lock does not improve, we start looking for the QB after Rodgers. And even better given the price reduction.

If Lock balls out, we do the smart thing.....if he's that good, we keep him and make another deal. And if he does not decline at very least, he's worth a nice return from some desperate team(s). Great insurance all around!!

Of course my go to is to acquire Rodgers now.
    Last edited by CanDB; 06-26-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I wonder how this would impact any trade negotiations if he opts out. Patience is very thin in the NFL and having to wait a year for a QB at his age would have to drive the cost down. Unfortunately for those who are tired of talking about it, but this would do nothing to eliminate our interest, if anything it probably only increases it. We get to 1 more year to see what Lock has while Rodgers would get a year to study the playbook and come back with something to prove to the naysayers. The only issue would be if Lock balls out, do we then trade the now promising young QB or do we try and flip Rodgers? That’s a pretty good problem to have
      I would think that teams would wait until next year to trade for Rodgers. It would be crazy to trade for him if he opts out.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I would think that teams would wait until next year to trade for Rodgers. It would be crazy to trade for him if he opts out.
        How so. His value would be lower trading for a guy not able to play.

Plus if you trade for him while he's opted out you can send him the playbook so he has 1 full year to get the plays down. Watch the team more closely see the players and what they bring.

I disagree on this one sir.. I think any team would be smarter to trade for him asap.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• No way no how. With the kind of spoiled brat attitude he is having. He brings a lot of baggage that could be a distraction.
          Ready for October Falls

Comment

I think some would, I don’t think we would be one of them. Waiting would only decrease our odds. What’s the QB landscape going to look like next year around this time? Giants could be looking for a new QB as well as the Panthers, Colts, Eagles, Steelers, Saints, Falcons, the Raiders are always in the discussion, you may even be able to throw in the Patriots, Dolphins, Rams, WFT, and the Lions, and even the Texans if the Watson situation still isn’t resolved. That’s a lot of potential competition and could evolve into a bidding war really quickly.

Right now everyone is pretty much set at the QB spot for better or worse with only maybe 3 or 4 of those teams willing to make a move right now. If he opts out, that will be our best chance of acquiring him. We still have a chance if he doesn’t, but I don’t think it’s nearly as high at that point.

Comment

• There is a chance Rodgers goal is not to leave Green Bay. Rodgers may just want more control of the offense in Green Bay.

I saw a former player talking about how Brady was shocked at the freedom PM was given to change plays. Apparently this became more obvious to Brady as him and PM talked more and more through the years. Some players feel a main reason Brady left NE was to have more freedom in his control of the offense.

The assumption of the former player I was watching is this is what Rodgers wants....more freedom in controlling the offense in Green Bay. They were referencing a big call in 2020 where the GB called the play and when asked Rodgers did not have permission to audible that play.

There is a chance Rodgers does not actually want out of Green Bay....he just wants more freedom in controlling the offense like how PM had....and now like how Brady has in TB.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                There is a chance Rodgers goal is not to leave Green Bay. Rodgers may just want more control of the offense in Green Bay.

I saw a former player talking about how Brady was shocked at the freedom PM was given to change plays. Apparently this became more obvious to Brady as him and PM talked more and more through the years. Some players feel a main reason Brady left NE was to have more freedom in his control of the offense.

The assumption of the former player I was watching is this is what Rodgers wants....more freedom in controlling the offense in Green Bay. They were referencing a big call in 2020 where the GB called the play and when asked Rodgers did not have permission to audible that play.

There is a chance Rodgers does not actually want out of Green Bay....he just wants more freedom in controlling the offense like how PM had....and now like how Brady has in TB.
                My understanding is that Manning would be given two or three plays and he would run whichever one he thought was best.

There was also a story, and this relates to Rodgers possibly being a bad teammate, that Rodgers would tell a receiver to run a different route than was called and when the play didn’t work, Rodgers would throw the ball to where the coaches thought the receiver was supposed to be so it would look like the receiver screwed up.

I don’t know that Rodgers wants the same thing as Brady or Manning. It sounds like he might want more. It’s not unreasonable for a coach to not want the quarterback to audible. Some plays are meant to set up other plays.

Teams might have to start taking a hard stance against these diva quarterbacks and let it be known that they’re willing to move on without them being in the NFL. I don’t think 32 teams can independently come to that conclusion though, so it would probably never happen.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

My understanding is that Manning would be given two or three plays and he would run whichever one he thought was best.

There was also a story, and this relates to Rodgers possibly being a bad teammate, that Rodgers would tell a receiver to run a different route than was called and when the play didn’t work, Rodgers would throw the ball to where the coaches thought the receiver was supposed to be so it would look like the receiver screwed up.

I don’t know that Rodgers wants the same thing as Brady or Manning. It sounds like he might want more. It’s not unreasonable for a coach to not want the quarterback to audible. Some plays are meant to set up other plays.

Teams might have to start taking a hard stance against these diva quarterbacks and let it be known that they’re willing to move on without them being in the NFL. I don’t think 32 teams can independently come to that conclusion though, so it would probably never happen.
                  It is very clear by your bolded statements that you have this ongoing issue with Rodgers. Little shots here and there. Don't say you would be ok with him being a Bronco when you apparently dislike him so much. I believe that you and others have missed the boat on why Rodgers has had enough. It's quite simple. The management does not respect the HoF MVP QB enough to include him in the most basic of information discussion. All they had to do was tell him a few things, and not even give him control of any of it. Brady had enough of The pats and look how that turned out. Russ has issues, and most folks love Russ. He and his agent basically stated that he would go to a group of teams if a trade was in the cards. Watson is no longer a good example, because of his obvious situation, but I stand by what the face of the team - JJ said, that they let Watson down. It sounded like Watson did all he could to make Houston a better team, in spite of their mismanagement.

In this day and age, if management does not understand how to treat their star players, they should try to get out of the 1950s and see what the new world is like. And that does not mean paying a lot of attention to one player, it means using common sense on specific items.

I've related this angle before, but good companies, who treat their employees well, will time to time get feedback from their best employees. One, it helps formulate the best ideas/solutions, and two, it signals to those star performers that you want to keep them in your company and that you respect what they have done for you.

I can almost guarantee that had GB talked to Rodgers before drafting Love, and maybe asked him this year or last for feedback on offensive weapons he'd like to have on his unit, and possibly talked a little more about the playbook and execution thereof, Rodgers would be in camp.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 06-27-2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• I can have a problem with Rodgers’ attitude and still not mind if the Broncos can acquire him for a reasonable price.
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I can have a problem with Rodgers’ attitude and still not mind if the Broncos can acquire him for a reasonable price.
                      Sure you can....but you sure make a point of mentioning his attitude. Heck, if I disliked someone's attitude that much I would not want us to sign him. Remember, you did vote "competitive market price", so as I pointed out before, you must want him.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 06-27-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

How so. His value would be lower trading for a guy not able to play.

Plus if you trade for him while he's opted out you can send him the playbook so he has 1 full year to get the plays down. Watch the team more closely see the players and what they bring.

I disagree on this one sir.. I think any team would be smarter to trade for him asap.
                        Presumably the Broncos would not trade away Lock, if they were to trade for Rodgers during a season in which he opts out. What happens if Lock balls out? How would they then justify the trade for Rodgers?

What might be a bigger concern is that Rodgers will be a year older and the Broncos would have nothing to show for it this year. While Rodgers’ contract would toll, it could make it more likely that he retires before the contract expires.

I remain skeptical about teams wanting to trade for an old player who is going to miss an entire season from the get go. I doubt it would happen, but I suppose it could happen.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Presumably the Broncos would not trade away Lock, if they were to trade for Rodgers during a season in which he opts out. What happens if Lock balls out? How would they then justify the trade for Rodgers?

What might be a bigger concern is that Rodgers will be a year older and the Broncos would have nothing to show for it this year. While Rodgers’ contract would toll, it could make it more likely that he retires before the contract expires.

I remain skeptical about teams wanting to trade for an old player who is going to miss an entire season from the get go. I doubt it would happen, but I suppose it could happen.
                          Geez, I just read Beast say this on the previous page:

I wonder how this would impact any trade negotiations if he opts out. Patience is very thin in the NFL and having to wait a year for a QB at his age would have to drive the cost down. Unfortunately for those who are tired of talking about it, but this would do nothing to eliminate our interest, if anything it probably only increases it. We get to 1 more year to see what Lock has while Rodgers would get a year to study the playbook and come back with something to prove to the naysayers. The only issue would be if Lock balls out, do we then trade the now promising young QB or do we try and flip Rodgers? That’s a pretty good problem to have.

Hmmmm...."Lock balls out"......such a coincidence.

Comment

Because this is whats wrong with our fan base...you do not have to justify trading for a HOF qb. Lock, even if he balls out is NOT going to be as good as Rodgers.

Everytime we've been to a SB or won one we have had a HOF QB. the most important position on the field. Yet many fans want to keep going with the Flacco, cutler, brock oz, case keenums of the world on a hope and a prayer.

When you can add an Elite level talent at the most important position one that can turn a franchise around in less than 1 season you do it. You do it you do it you do it and don't think about it twice. Especially on the idea that "we better not incase lock balls out".

I'm 100% w you that if he sits this year,, gets traded,, but might not play and retire next year, that coukd def happen. If so sucks for the team that traded for him.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Because this is whats wrong with our fan base...you do not have to justify trading for a HOF qb. Lock, even if he balls out is NOT going to be as good as Rodgers.

Everytime we've been to a SB or won one we have had a HOF QB. the most important position on the field. Yet many fans want to keep going with the Flacco, cutler, brock oz, case keenums of the world on a hope and a prayer.

When you can add an Elite level talent at the most important position one that can turn a franchise around in less than 1 season you do it. You do it you do it you do it and don't think about it twice. Especially on the idea that "we better not incase lock balls out".

I'm 100% w you that if he sits this year,, gets traded,, but might not play and retire next year, that coukd def happen. If so sucks for the team that traded for him.
                              Well, by the logic of some in this fan base, Mike McCarthy should still be in Green Bay sitting with multiple championships simply because of Aaron Rodgers. If we’re going to give Rodgers the credit, he has to take the blame.

Winning championships isn’t easy and it’s already been proven that Rodgers is no guarantee.

I like the Broncos’ chances with Rodgers more than Lock, but I don’t like the idea of throwing Lock away unless he doesn’t show he’s the guy. If he shows he’s the guy, I might prefer to stick with him over an aging vet who doesn’t bring any guarantee of team success.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

That is 101 football strategy, as you have described it so well. It's almost a "no brainer" though I do not love that term.

Comment

Working...
                                X