Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Well, by the logic of some in this fan base, Mike McCarthy should still be in Green Bay sitting with multiple championships simply because of Aaron Rodgers. If we’re going to give Rodgers the credit, he has to take the blame.

Winning championships isn’t easy and it’s already been proven that Rodgers is no guarantee.

I like the Broncos’ chances with Rodgers more than Lock, but I don’t like the idea of throwing Lock away unless he doesn’t show he’s the guy. If he shows he’s the guy, I might prefer to stick with him over an aging vet who doesn’t bring any guarantee of team success.
    No QB or player for that matter, are a guarantee. There are 32 teams trying to win every year, and that means (let me do the math), 31 don't win. Oh, that means a ton of players, make that 31/32 of the league total, did not come thru with the guarantee.

Aren't we looking at who gives us the best chance, rather than the guarantee??

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Because this is whats wrong with our fan base...you do not have to justify trading for a HOF qb. Lock, even if he balls out is NOT going to be as good as Rodgers.

Everytime we've been to a SB or won one we have had a HOF QB. the most important position on the field. Yet many fans want to keep going with the Flacco, cutler, brock oz, case keenums of the world on a hope and a prayer.

When you can add an Elite level talent at the most important position one that can turn a franchise around in less than 1 season you do it. You do it you do it you do it and don't think about it twice. Especially on the idea that "we better not incase lock balls out".

I'm 100% w you that if he sits this year,, gets traded,, but might not play and retire next year, that coukd def happen. If so sucks for the team that traded for him.

whats wrong with this is ...how many super bowls did Elway win without TD, without a great defense? as great as elway was, elite, HOF QB...he could not win one without a great coach, great supporting cast, HOF RB

and true Manning was already a sure fire undoubted HOF qb in 2015...but he didnt play like a HOF qb now did he...9 tds, 17 ints regular season...in the post he was just as bad
      13 com...141 yrds...0 td 0int
      17 com....176..........2....0
      21 .........222..........0....0

we won because of defense not because we had a surefire hof qb

sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

whats wrong with this is ...how many super bowls did Elway win without TD, without a great defense? as great as elway was, elite, HOF QB...he could not win one without a great coach, great supporting cast, HOF RB

and true Manning was already a sure fire undoubted HOF qb in 2015...but he didnt play like a HOF qb now did he...9 tds, 17 ints regular season...in the post he was just as bad

It's true that great D can win games, even a championship. But the point some of us are making is, if you have a good overall team, which we do, but are coming off another losing season, the quickest way to catapult in the standings and possibly win a title is to acquire a star QB, who might be available.

Comment

• IMO the question isn't if a QB or D is more important, it's if Rodgers gives us a better chance of winning games (including championships) vs. what we would give up to get him. It isn't exactly like having two first round picks is a guarantee of winning championships or even more games. Pretty much every team has two first round picks over the next two seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Great defense and a strong running game is always a good formula. But you still need a QB to make the right plays at the right time or in Manning’s case a QB that inspires his teammates to run through a brick wall to send him out on top.

Lock could be that guy, absolutely. But Rodgers definitely gives us a better chance in the short term. Experience is huge in the playoffs, even if Lock shatters every record there is, there is still likely to be a playoff let down or two before he can get over the hump. It’s rare for young QBs to win it all, most of the young QBs who did, did it on the backs of amazing defenses and strong ground games. Even Mahomes got an incredible performance out of his RB when he won. So yes, Lock could do it and shouldn’t be included in the trade because I do think he’s shown just enough to still have hope he turns it around or at least can ride the backs of a great defense and ground game. But Rodgers takes us from Cinderella story to bonafide top dogs. And yes it may be a swing and a miss with Rodgers not getting us over the hump, but it’s a lot better than hoping Lock turns it around while we dwell in the middle of the pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If he shows he’s the guy, I might prefer to stick with him over an aging vet who doesn’t bring any guarantee of team success.

HUH? Rodgers absolutely Guarantees the team success. Unless you mean if he retires, but he wont retire if he is out of GB. So that is about as easy of a Guarantee as possible.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

HUH? Rodgers absolutely Guarantees the team success. Unless you mean if he retires, but he wont retire if he is out of GB. So that is about as easy of a Guarantee as possible.
                Rodgers guarantees that the quarterback play improves greatly. He does not guarantee that the team is competing for championships. It’s more likely than what they have currently.

I won’t be disappointed if they trade for Rodgers, if he doesn’t opt out.

I will be mildly disappointed if they trade for him despite him having opted out. That disappointment will fade if Lock craps the bed.

My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Lets all just face the music our starting QB is going to be either Drew Lock or Teddy BridgendertheWater. I do hope that Drew Balls 🏈 Out and Leads the Denver Broncos to the Playoffs and Beyond. Tip of the Hat 🎩 to Drew Lock !!

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Great defense and a strong running game is always a good formula. But you still need a QB to make the right plays at the right time or in Manning’s case a QB that inspires his teammates to run through a brick wall to send him out on top.

Lock could be that guy, absolutely. But Rodgers definitely gives us a better chance in the short term. Experience is huge in the playoffs, even if Lock shatters every record there is, there is still likely to be a playoff let down or two before he can get over the hump. It’s rare for young QBs to win it all, most of the young QBs who did, did it on the backs of amazing defenses and strong ground games. Even Mahomes got an incredible performance out of his RB when he won. So yes, Lock could do it and shouldn’t be included in the trade because I do think he’s shown just enough to still have hope he turns it around or at least can ride the backs of a great defense and ground game. But Rodgers takes us from Cinderella story to bonafide top dogs. And yes it may be a swing and a miss with Rodgers not getting us over the hump, but it’s a lot better than hoping Lock turns it around while we dwell in the middle of the pack.

all true ...but im tired of the lets find a vet for the short term...im ready for the long term starter to be here

i think lock has all the tools needed to be a franchise qb of the broncos...he just needs the time to grow

having Rodgers isn't a guarantee of a superbowl win is it is it? if it was greenbay would have won more then one in the last 13 years with rodgers...i ,mean if we are guaranteed a SB win by mortgaging the future for the next two or three years in getting rodgers then ya i can buy into it...but we cant. so i would rather put my time into getting a young, long term starter keeping our best picks and continually building around him

sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• So...July 2nd is just days away. Might be a big day in terms of Rodgers' future. Friday is coming fast.

Comment

Every time we've been to a SB (or won one) we have had a HOF QB.

Craig Morton.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

As soon as I hear somebody using the word "Guarantee" the first thing that comes to mind is "there's rarely true guarantees in sports especially when a player is in the forth quarter of their career.

Guarantee:

NOUN
                          1. a formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality and durability. "we offer a 10-year guarantee against rusting".
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I just want it resolved! Opt out, retire, re-join the Packers or announce the trade. At this point I really don’t care anymore. Just make a decision.

It is simple for me. Obviously Rodgers is the best QB of the three. But at a hell of a cost with the expected assets, salary and likely changes to keep him happy as he provides his “ input”. If the Broncos choose to pay the price so be it. I’ll enjoy the potential. Just get him in the building and working on this season. Getting up to speed with a new system and teammates is going to be tough starting in July.

But if they don’t make this trade I wonder how many Bronco fans will let the disappointment go and back Lock and/or Bridgewater. Or will we be hearing about it all season long? I can envision it now. The “ disgust” when Lock has a 2 int game, but oddly silent if Rodgers has one in GB.

I will be rooting for whichever earns the job. Just can’t wait until it is decided. I’m guessing this Friday deadline passes and Rodgers is still is holding out and a Packer. Letting the drama and uncertainty linger even longer.

Comment

• July 2nd is coming fast....might know a lot more about Rodgers!!!

Comment

• I feel like this has strangely evolved into a great situation for us. I'm hoping this drama with Rodgers and GB carries on. The more time we can buy for evaluation the better for us. It appears two of the top QBs in the league (or representatives of) have recently shown interest or not denied rumors. We also have 2 starting QBs from last years 32 already on the roster. We have somehow found ourselves in the drivers seat lol

For as much flak as Lock and Bridgewater catch for their play, I think both of these guys are 1 thing away from being really good QBs. If Lock can turn the deep passing game into a strength he is a completely different QB. It really is the only throw he doesn't make often enough.
                                As for Bridgewater, the lack of aggressiveness seems to be what holds him back. I'm interested to see if he naturally shows more due to the skill players we have in place already and an OC who likes to keep the vertical route in play.

Our BYE week is scheduled great for us if we are in the unfortunate situation where we have to make a QB switch. One of these guys would still have a chance to lead us to playoffs through the final 7 games and if that doesn't work out- hopefully the drama has extended on in GB through the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X