Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I feel like this has strangely evolved into a great situation for us. I'm hoping this drama with Rodgers and GB carries on. The more time we can buy for evaluation the better for us. It appears two of the top QBs in the league (or representatives of) have recently shown interest or not denied rumors. We also have 2 starting QBs from last years 32 already on the roster. We have somehow found ourselves in the drivers seat lol

For as much flak as Lock and Bridgewater catch for their play, I think both of these guys are 1 thing away from being really good QBs. If Lock can turn the deep passing game into a strength he is a completely different QB. It really is the only throw he doesn't make often enough.
    As for Bridgewater, the lack of aggressiveness seems to be what holds him back. I'm interested to see if he naturally shows more due to the skill players we have in place already and an OC who likes to keep the vertical route in play.

Our BYE week is scheduled great for us if we are in the unfortunate situation where we have to make a QB switch. One of these guys would still have a chance to lead us to playoffs through the final 7 games and if that doesn't work out- hopefully the drama has extended on in GB through the end of the season.
    So we got "dibs" on 4 starters eh!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So we got "dibs" on 4 starters eh!

If we didn't, we did now.....good call lol
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

If we didn't, we did now.....good call lol
        ​​​​​​
        4 Starting QBs sounds dominating!!!

Haha...but I'll settle for just one, who can take this team faaaaarrr!!!

Comment

• So wait....

Raiders' Derek Carr 'will be recruiting very hard' for Davante Adams amid Aaron Rodgers-Packers drama | Fox News

Carr will be recruiting Adams in '22, when he's a FA. OK. Imagine if Rodgers gets traded to The Raiders??!! Lets see. Rodgers is the starter and Adams recruited by Carr....that is, if Carr has any say. So Rodgers and Adams reunite in Vegas, and Carr wishes he kept his mouth shut!!

OK...not gonna happen. Unless Vegas is using house money!!!

Comment

So wait....

Raiders' Derek Carr 'will be recruiting very hard' for Davante Adams amid Aaron Rodgers-Packers drama | Fox News

Carr will be recruiting Adams in '22, when he's a FA. OK. Imagine if Rodgers gets traded to The Raiders??!! Lets see. Rodgers is the starter and Adams recruited by Carr....that is, if Carr has any say. So Rodgers and Adams reunite in Vegas, and Carr wishes he kept his mouth shut!!

OK...not gonna happen. Unless Vegas is using house money!!!
            To be honest that’s just another reason to go after Rodgers. Adams and Carr were together at Fresno State and both came out the same year. Adams probably wouldn’t follow Rodgers here (don’t think we could afford it) but it might be enough to convince him to stay out of the AFC West.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

To be honest that’s just another reason to go after Rodgers. Adams and Carr were together at Fresno State and both came out the same year. Adams probably wouldn’t follow Rodgers here (don’t think we could afford it) but it might be enough to convince him to stay out of the AFC West.
              True that. I think about The Raiders in these potential trade/FA manuevers, and it would suck to have Rodgers in LV, or Adams.....if both, it would be not quite, but akin to what NBA players are up to. The Raiders would be another tough foe in The West, as will be KC and The Chargers.

Comment

It all depends on what Denver does with Sutton.

Spotrac 2022 market value:
                Sutton 16.6M
                Adams 24.9M

Maybe Adams will take a discount to be reunited with Rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

It all depends on what Denver does with Sutton.

Spotrac 2022 market value:
                  Sutton 16.6M
                  Adams 24.9M

Maybe Adams will take a discount to be reunited with Rodgers?
                  Don't even!!!!

I will be honest, I'd feel greedy if we landed both. We'd have to trade one of our WRs for sure. Based on what we know, Adams does trump Sutton but Sutton has so many years left. Maybe not such a bad idea if it had any real possibilities.

Then again, I think Adams is a big boy and will go where he feels comfortable, but very, very well paid.

Comment

• Wow. You all are cutting our team way too short. We don't need any further additions other than maybe a right tackle. We'll be just fine regardless of who Vegas lands. Broncos are going to be the surprise of the NFL this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                      Wow. You all are cutting our team way too short. We don't need any further additions other than maybe a right tackle. We'll be just fine regardless of who Vegas lands. Broncos are going to be the surprise of the NFL this year.
                      I don’t think I’m cutting the team short at all. I think this is a super bowl roster in terms of talent level, but Drew Lock as he is right now is not the guy to lead all this talent to the Super Bowl. And while I do think he can be that guy, windows don’t stay open long in the NFL so pretty soon we will have to start retooling the roster. We have a lot of young players so maybe they can step in and be very good for whenever Lock does take that next step but we have to hope we hit on a lot of draft picks. Surtain has to prove he’s that guy, OJ has to progress this season with probably minimal playing time, Sterns or Johnson have to be ready to replace Jackson, someone has to take Von’s spot, Agim will have to improve to take over for Harris, Browning has to be better than Jewell, Alexander Johnson might need to be replaced possibly by Strnad, the entire oline needs to step up and improve. If this roster is to remain as a super bowl talented roster, we have to hit on a lot of draft picks while waiting for Lock.

Or you can take this incredible roster and trade some future picks to add the proverbial cherry on top in Rodgers and go for broke this season. Paton’s first draft did enough for me to believe that he can navigate around not having some early round picks so I don’t think we’d really be mortgaging our future by trading for him. He seems to be dialed in with the team and this coaching staff. The riskiest pick in my eyes was Sterns, he’s an athletic specimen but isn’t there yet mentally and he followed it up by taking another S that is there mentally but is closer to the average S in terms of athleticism so one of them is bound to hit. There was a bunch of ILBs he could’ve taken but he drafted a freak athlete in Browning banking on Vic Fangio being able to mold him like he did with Willis, Bowman, or any other top ILB he’s coached.

Comment

• As much as I would like to have a QB with the skills of Aaron Rodgers, I really don't want the Broncos to give up a bunch of draft picks and/or players.
                        Maybe if the QB was under 30 years old, then I would feel better trading picks and players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          As much as I would like to have a QB with the skills of Aaron Rodgers, I really don't want the Broncos to give up a bunch of draft picks and/or players.
                          Maybe if the QB was under 30 years old, then I would feel better trading picks and players.
                          The only reason to trade players would be for cap space. I believe the Broncos have enough to cover Rodgers’ 2021 base salary. The Packers are responsible for the roster bonus.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I don’t think I’m cutting the team short at all. I think this is a super bowl roster in terms of talent level, but Drew Lock as he is right now is not the guy to lead all this talent to the Super Bowl. And while I do think he can be that guy, windows don’t stay open long in the NFL so pretty soon we will have to start retooling the roster. We have a lot of young players so maybe they can step in and be very good for whenever Lock does take that next step but we have to hope we hit on a lot of draft picks. Surtain has to prove he’s that guy, OJ has to progress this season with probably minimal playing time, Sterns or Johnson have to be ready to replace Jackson, someone has to take Von’s spot, Agim will have to improve to take over for Harris, Browning has to be better than Jewell, Alexander Johnson might need to be replaced possibly by Strnad, the entire oline needs to step up and improve. If this roster is to remain as a super bowl talented roster, we have to hit on a lot of draft picks while waiting for Lock.

Or you can take this incredible roster and trade some future picks to add the proverbial cherry on top in Rodgers and go for broke this season. Paton’s first draft did enough for me to believe that he can navigate around not having some early round picks so I don’t think we’d really be mortgaging our future by trading for him. He seems to be dialed in with the team and this coaching staff. The riskiest pick in my eyes was Sterns, he’s an athletic specimen but isn’t there yet mentally and he followed it up by taking another S that is there mentally but is closer to the average S in terms of athleticism so one of them is bound to hit. There was a bunch of ILBs he could’ve taken but he drafted a freak athlete in Browning banking on Vic Fangio being able to mold him like he did with Willis, Bowman, or any other top ILB he’s coached.
                            That's how I see it. There are moving parts to any roster, including seasoned vets, star players, newer players and those trying to make the roster. And there are salaries that intertwine with the mix you have. It is not easy to maintain great harmony of talent and salary cap. So when you have a highly skilled team, except possibly for the #1 position - QB, your window of opportunity may be fleeting. The blend changes from year to year, unless you are perfect at grooming, maintaining and retooling. Odds are, at some point you could decline if you are currently a top tier talented team.

If The Broncos go the route of Lock/Bridgewater, it may work. But we have little evidence that it will lead to a deep run. Teddy is unlikely to elevate his game at this stage, and Drew needs to show improvement. And if we stick with them, and neither takes a significant step upward, we will see this talented roster age, in terms of high quality play, and not only will we miss the window, we may have to restart the QB search....which takes time, unless of course you acquire a high level veteran.

But if you can sacrifice in the form of draft picks, and/or players, and acquire a stud QB, who can take you over the hump in his initial season, and likely for another one or two, why not take the jump? You can restock at QB over the next few years, while losing little draft impact for at least a couple. And as I like to point out, any draft picks lost may not be so bad given you can interest quality FAs when a player like Rodgers takes over.
                            Last edited by CanDB; 07-01-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Don't even!!!!

I will be honest, I'd feel greedy if we landed both. We'd have to trade one of our WRs for sure. Based on what we know, Adams does trump Sutton but Sutton has so many years left. Maybe not such a bad idea if it had any real possibilities.

Then again, I think Adams is a big boy and will go where he feels comfortable, but very, very well paid.
                              I doubt Denver could land both Adams and Sutton with Miller's salary and Chubb's imminent increase.
                              Given his experience with Rodgers, I'd prefer Adams and believe he would elevate Jeudy's and Hamler's game more than Sutton.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

I doubt Denver could land both Adams and Sutton with Miller's salary and Chubb's imminent increase.
                                Given his experience with Rodgers, I'd prefer Adams and believe he would elevate Jeudy's and Hamler's game more than Sutton.
                                You will not get an argument from me about the incredible skillset of Adams. Most incredible lower leg/feet dekes I've ever seen. Others perfected their moves, but Adams' ability to outwit defenders through the use of his lower leg/feet is just amazing!! Plus he has learned to be a talented catcher of the ball, and has all the other skills a good receiver should have. Easily top 3 in the league,

Comment

Working...
                                X