Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting mighty quiet on The Rodgers front. Today is a big day, given the opt out situation. Rumours suggest the Rodgers market is also quite. So is this the calm before the storm, or evidence that Rodgers stays in GB?

    I have been a definite fan of acquiring him, at competitive market value, but I would never have bet he would leave GB or opt out this season.

    I won't be surprised if he stays, but I am not resigned to the fact that a deal opportunity is dead. Apologies to Drew and Teddy. Just following my beliefs about winning in The NFL.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Getting mighty quiet on The Rodgers front. Today is a big day, given the opt out situation. Rumours suggest the Rodgers market is also quite. So is this the calm before the storm, or evidence that Rodgers stays in GB?

      I have been a definite fan of acquiring him, at competitive market value, but I would never have bet he would leave GB or opt out this season.

      I won't be surprised if he stays, but I am not resigned to the fact that a deal opportunity is dead. Apologies to Drew and Teddy. Just following my beliefs about winning in The NFL.
      Not opting out only means Rodgers wants to play this season, not that he wants to (or will) play for GB. I'd be surprised if Rodgers played for GB. He cuts ties with family members. Right now he has no leverage. GB won't trade him until they are 100% convinced he won't play for them. This won't happen until Rodgers actually starts missing training camp/preseason. GB could punish Rodgers and make him sit out, but they would have to justify why they gave up 2 firsts and more just to prove a point and this would be a good way to get fired.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

        Not opting out only means Rodgers wants to play this season, not that he wants to (or will) play for GB. I'd be surprised if Rodgers played for GB. He cuts ties with family members. Right now he has no leverage. GB won't trade him until they are 100% convinced he won't play for them. This won't happen until Rodgers actually starts missing training camp/preseason. GB could punish Rodgers and make him sit out, but they would have to justify why they gave up 2 firsts and more just to prove a point and this would be a good way to get fired.
        They can always trade him next year and make him miss 10 games or more this season, depending on how important the accrued season is to him.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

          Not opting out only means Rodgers wants to play this season, not that he wants to (or will) play for GB. I'd be surprised if Rodgers played for GB. He cuts ties with family members. Right now he has no leverage. GB won't trade him until they are 100% convinced he won't play for them. This won't happen until Rodgers actually starts missing training camp/preseason. GB could punish Rodgers and make him sit out, but they would have to justify why they gave up 2 firsts and more just to prove a point and this would be a good way to get fired.
          Lets just say, I still see some light on this subject. Not over yet. And I agree, he is not big on returning. So why should he? He's done a load for that organization, won a championship and rose to the occasion last year to prove a point...he's still a top tier QB. And I do believe he takes things seriously, which includes sticking by his beliefs about respect and such.

          Even if I was concerned about his sometimes different approach to things, I will likely always take his side over The Packer's management, given their outdated people skills. You treat your stars with a little more respect in most organizations in today's world. Include them for feedback, and make it clear you are proud to have them on your side.

          Comment


          • Aaron Rodgers decided not to opt out. If he had, he wouldn't have been able to play this year as that decision is irreversible. Sounds like he wants to play in 2021. We'll see if he holds out. His stand up to now seems adamant against playing in Green Bay. I'm inclined to doubt the veracity of Packers Front Office that there were no trade offers. The ball is in Aaron's court now. Hard to tell exactly how toxic the relationship actually is.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

              They can always trade him next year and make him miss 10 games or more this season, depending on how important the accrued season is to him.
              Yes they can, assuming 10 games in isn't past the trade deadline. And if I was a team trading for him, taking a year away from his productivity at his age greatly reduces his value. I'd pay a lot less for him 10 games into the season that I would before training camp simply because his value is much less. This isn't a situation like Watson who has 10 years left in his career. The more time Rodgers misses, the less I'm willing to pay.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                Lets just say, I still see some light on this subject. Not over yet. And I agree, he is not big on returning. So why should he? He's done a load for that organization, won a championship and rose to the occasion last year to prove a point...he's still a top tier QB. And I do believe he takes things seriously, which includes sticking by his beliefs about respect and such.

                Even if I was concerned about his sometimes different approach to things, I will likely always take his side over The Packer's management, given their outdated people skills. You treat your stars with a little more respect in most organizations in today's world. Include them for feedback, and make it clear you are proud to have them on your side.
                Rodgers reminds me a lot of Jake Plummer personality wise. When Jake was traded to Tampa Bay, he retired instead and chose to pay back a $3.5 million bonus.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                  Yes they can, assuming 10 games in isn't past the trade deadline. And if I was a team trading for him, taking a year away from his productivity at his age greatly reduces his value. I'd pay a lot less for him 10 games into the season that I would before training camp simply because his value is much less. This isn't a situation like Watson who has 10 years left in his career. The more time Rodgers misses, the less I'm willing to pay.
                  Teams might still give multiple picks to get Rodgers next year. Much will depend on how many teams are quarterback needy by then.

                  If I’m the Packers, I care more about discouraging other players from trying the same crap as Rodgers than I do about the number of first round picks I would receive based on the timing of the trade.

                  If I’m Rodgers, it makes more sense to play for the Packers than to hold out because of a stupid grudge over something that never should have been an issue in the first place.

                  Rodgers knows he’s in the wrong whether he wants to admit it or not. This isn’t about not getting a heads up, which wasn’t owed to him. It’s about the fact that they drafted a quarterback. If it weren’t about that, he never would have said anything about throwing a monkey wrench into their plans by being the league mvp. I will say this though, I don’t knock him for being upset that they drafted a quarterback. Elway got upset when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger got upset when the Steelers drafted a quarterback in the second round. It’s a thing that gets quarterbacks angry. I understand it more than I do Watson or Russell Wilson.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    Rodgers reminds me a lot of Jake Plummer personality wise. When Jake was traded to Tampa Bay, he retired instead and chose to pay back a $3.5 million bonus.
                    Call me different, but even though I like normalcy in my life, I am drawn to certain types of interesting persona, "go against the grain" folks, like Jake. even like Rodgers. I was a huge John Riggins fan. I have this thing about those who can be cool cats, or a bit off the wall...as long as they have signs of being good people. Riggins was way different than most, rode a motorcycle to camp and slept anywhere on the way. Wore wild haircuts. Had a style of his own. But you knew he was a decent guy underneath. And his comeback was among the best of any athlete I can recall. "Give me the ball."




                    Jake was cool. Followed his beliefs and was not driven by the dollar sign.

                    Aaron has many dissenters, but he has good qualities, including his charitable efforts. Hey, he's working out in Malibu, running up sandy hills and such. The man is in good shape. And you know what, don't underestimate talented people with chips on their shoulders. Some of the best performers in sports carry those chips and doubts very, very well, when it comes to production.
                    Last edited by CanDB; 07-03-2021, 08:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Aaron Rodgers decided not to opt out. If he had, he wouldn't have been able to play this year as that decision is irreversible. Sounds like he wants to play in 2021. We'll see if he holds out. His stand up to now seems adamant against playing in Green Bay. I'm inclined to doubt the veracity of Packers Front Office that there were no trade offers. The ball is in Aaron's court now. Hard to tell exactly how toxic the relationship actually is.
                      Odds are are very much yes, he is in for '21, somewhere. He is apparently staying in good shape (as exemplified by his hill running in Malibu). His body looks solid and lean, ready to put on the cleats. For him to stay in GB, it may be up to him, but it sure is up to GB to make a peace offering of sorts. Money isn't the answer anymore. He's making a load! I am convinced he will not play for them without some serious concession towards being involved more. Not sure exactly what he may expect from them going forward, but it will have to be pretty solid given what he has said and what he has done this spring/summer.

                      So unless The Pack play serious ball with him, I can see a trade. The trade partners are still there I'm sure. What's a few more weeks if you are in on the guy? Heck, he can win the first game with a partial playbook. Timing may not be perfect, but he'll get there. With talent like Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Gordon and Williams, he can generate some O without being 100% ready.

                      So yeah, he has a big say in what is to come, but I think The Packers have to up their game in terms of whatever concessions he is interested in, otherwise they've lost him.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                        Teams might still give multiple picks to get Rodgers next year. Much will depend on how many teams are quarterback needy by then.

                        If I’m the Packers, I care more about discouraging other players from trying the same crap as Rodgers than I do about the number of first round picks I would receive based on the timing of the trade.

                        If I’m Rodgers, it makes more sense to play for the Packers than to hold out because of a stupid grudge over something that never should have been an issue in the first place.

                        Rodgers knows he’s in the wrong whether he wants to admit it or not. This isn’t about not getting a heads up, which wasn’t owed to him. It’s about the fact that they drafted a quarterback. If it weren’t about that, he never would have said anything about throwing a monkey wrench into their plans by being the league mvp. I will say this though, I don’t knock him for being upset that they drafted a quarterback. Elway got upset when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger got upset when the Steelers drafted a quarterback in the second round. It’s a thing that gets quarterbacks angry. I understand it more than I do Watson or Russell Wilson.
                        And Rodgers may retire if GB doesn't trade him before the season, telling GB trade me now or get nothing later. You are trying to win a debate instead of exploring every possibility. What is or isn't owed to Rodgers is irrelevant. All that matters is that he feels he's been wronged and/or he doesn't want to play for GB any longer. I seriously doubt GB can "guilt" Rodgers into returning.

                        As far as being "about", 9 out of GB's last 10 first round picks were defenders. The only offensive player was QB Love, drafted to replace Rodgers. We can spin this anyway we want, but the only opinion that matters is Rodgers'. BTW, the Broncos told Drew Lock they were trading for Bridgewater. This is SOP.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                          And Rodgers may retire if GB doesn't trade him before the season, telling GB trade me now or get nothing later. You are trying to win a debate instead of exploring every possibility. What is or isn't owed to Rodgers is irrelevant. All that matters is that he feels he's been wronged and/or he doesn't want to play for GB any longer. I seriously doubt GB can "guilt" Rodgers into returning.

                          As far as being "about", 9 out of GB's last 10 first round picks were defenders. The only offensive player was QB Love, drafted to replace Rodgers. We can spin this anyway we want, but the only opinion that matters is Rodgers'. BTW, the Broncos told Drew Lock they were trading for Bridgewater. This is SOP.
                          Rodgers will owe a hell of a lot more than Plummer did, if he decides to retire. It would be malpractice for the Packers not to demand that money back. If he decides later that he wants to play, he still has to go through the Packers.

                          Teams regularly inform players of upcoming moves. It’s not owed to them. It was important for the Broncos to make sure Lock knew whether or not he is replaced is up to him. There was no such concern for Rodgers as he knew damn well he wasn’t being replaced. Favre had more to concerned about than Rodgers does.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                            Teams might still give multiple picks to get Rodgers next year. Much will depend on how many teams are quarterback needy by then.

                            If I’m the Packers, I care more about discouraging other players from trying the same crap as Rodgers than I do about the number of first round picks I would receive based on the timing of the trade.

                            If I’m Rodgers, it makes more sense to play for the Packers than to hold out because of a stupid grudge over something that never should have been an issue in the first place.

                            Rodgers knows he’s in the wrong whether he wants to admit it or not. This isn’t about not getting a heads up, which wasn’t owed to him. It’s about the fact that they drafted a quarterback. If it weren’t about that, he never would have said anything about throwing a monkey wrench into their plans by being the league mvp. I will say this though, I don’t knock him for being upset that they drafted a quarterback. Elway got upset when Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger got upset when the Steelers drafted a quarterback in the second round. It’s a thing that gets quarterbacks angry. I understand it more than I do Watson or Russell Wilson.
                            The bolded comments are so misguided. I am absolutely sure Rodgers does not feel he's wrong. Not sure where you get this interpretation, but I am quite sure you have this all mixed up.

                            Rodgers feels disrespected and therefore he will not wake up in the middle of the night and realize he was wrong. It doesn't work that way. The Packers' management style is out of whack.

                            But hey, as long as big time stars like Rodgers, Brady, and even Wilson are not feeling great about their situations, not to worry...other teams will gladly sign them, treat them with the respect they deserve, and possibly even win championships!

                            Comment


                            • Assuming the premise Rodgers “feels disrespected and GB needs to make concessions” to make it better with Rodgers.

                              What can be done to make him feel better? More money? A new GM? Make Rodgers the OC?

                              And if traded to another team, what type of concessions are expected when he gets there?

                              More money? Fire the GM and/ or OC? Make Rodgers a scout, coach or King for the Day?

                              Im not sure the Broncos or any other team can kiss his butt enough to make him happy. Going to be interesting to see what grand gesture GB has make to get Rodgers in uniform by the start of the season.

                              Comment


                              • Reports seem to indicate that Aaron Rodgers has maintained good relations with the GB coaching staff, former and current teammates, for the most part. Don't understand Packer's Front Office. Maybe they don't believe that he will hold out or retire. Maybe he will or won't, but either way the FO is missing an opportunity to gain compensation for an apparently disgruntled veteran player. It seems like a contest of wills where the Packers FO seems to want to force Aaron Rodgers to play for them and no one else. We shall see.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X