Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No question I'm in. Besides his play, you have to look at what he brings as a recruiting tool. Aquib, Sanders and Ware likely don't come to Denver without Peyton being here. All likely could've gotten more money on the market. These are the things that come with having a good/great QB on the roster. People may actually choose not to come here with the current QB situation. Lock has not taken advantage of the chances he's been giving (some of that's on him, I put some on Shurmur). Getting a shot at Rodgers, you have to take it. I would like to see Lock get a full season, but his development goes out the window for a shot with Rodgers.

Comment

1. You trade picks for Rodgers, not players.
      2. You make this trade in nearly any way possible if it can be done.
      3. Who cares of rodgers is a diva, a dick or anything else- you are not dating him. the LR loves him. They will love him here. They will love winning.
      4. We are absolutely SB contenders with Rodgers. Look at the pack record last year and how far they went. Is there anything on their team better than ours? nada.
      5. Rodgers will play for at least another 5 years- he has said he wants to play longer. This is very doable.
      6. Trading 3 firsts (if it came to that) would still 1000 billion percent be worth it. It is Not mortgaging the future.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

How odd would it be if Denver turns out to be the 'Florida' of QB careers? What if HOF QB's in their last years come to Denver to finish out? Not sure if that is a good thing, but it would be weird....
        It's a good place for us ole boys with some arthritis....nice dry climate!

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
          No question I'm in. Besides his play, you have to look at what he brings as a recruiting tool. Aquib, Sanders and Ware likely don't come to Denver without Peyton being here. All likely could've gotten more money on the market. These are the things that come with having a good/great QB on the roster. People may actually choose not to come here with the current QB situation. Lock has not taken advantage of the chances he's been giving (some of that's on him, I put some on Shurmur). Getting a shot at Rodgers, you have to take it. I would like to see Lock get a full season, but his development goes out the window for a shot with Rodgers.
          I am in for the same reasons. Not only do you get a HoF champion, coming off an MVP season, but you get all that comes with him. It is very attractive for top level FAs to come here with Rodgers on board. No offence to Lock and Bridgewater, but think about what good players want in a new place. They definitely want a title, and how could you not like Rodgers, our D, and the weapons we now have?

Comment

I would do two firsts (2022 and 2023) and a second (2023) and third (2022 or 2023).
            A decent roster player if they wanted someone. I think that would be fair.
            From some reports of 3 first rounders and several good young players we better think long and hard.

Comment

Couple of more thoughts:

First, I think we are in with SF and maybe Vegas as odds on potential landing spots. But I can't see SF giving up on Trey Lance, given what they had to do to select him. Having Lance and Jimmy G is a pretty nice stable. Rodgers may like the idea of going there of course, but is SF in it they way they must have felt on draft day, before the clock started? I think they might be moving on now, because they have what they believe is a long term star.

Vegas is possible, but just not sure. Some weapons. But can't rule them out. They might pay big for a QB. But Mayock and Chucky sometimes confuse me as to how they go about their business. Mayock is the more concerning one. He just doesn't seem to handle the GM job as effectively as he did on NFL Network.

But I think we are the more preferred over Vegas, from Rodgers' perspective, and I think SF might have been right up there until they selected Trey.

Second thought...whether it's a Manning type storyline (other than a few differences), or a Brady venture, I believe it is very possible. I felt like we were in the Manning hunt early on, and it worked out for us. Very nicely! And few folks believed Brady was going to leave to another team, but you have to read the ole tea leaves. There were signs. And even at that, not many people thought he could win a SB with that team, at least not year one. But he did. So you have to think out of the box in these situations. When Rodgers keeps saying he's out, I believe he kinda means it. He has done almost everything, and he apparently has had enough of GB's leadership. Just like Brady wanted a new start, with a new gig. Folks often can't imagine long term stars leaving, but it happens and it often works out very well. And if you are Aaron Rodgers, and you feel insulted or even angered by maneuvers taken, things said or not said, choices made without consultation, what does he have to lose by leaving? He's got a crown and 3 MVPs. He's a first ballot HoFamer. Why not stir up some dust in Denver, with a fantastic D, and a load of young weapons? And possibly a much better FO and coaching staff.....and as long as he believes it, it's good enough for him.

Oh and just like Brady, family was part of the final decision. Rodgers has a Colorado connection through his lady.
              Last edited by CanDB; 05-03-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Couple of more thoughts:

First, I think we are in with SF and maybe Vegas as odds on potential landing spots. But I can't see SF giving up on Trey Lance, given what they had to do to select him. Having Lance and Jimmy G is a pretty nice stable. Rodgers may like the idea of going there of course, but is SF in it they way they must have felt on draft day, before the clock started? I think they might be moving on now, because they have what they believe is a long term star.

Vegas is possible, but just not sure. Some weapons. But can't rule them out. They might pay big for a QB. But Mayock and Chucky sometimes confuse me as to how they go about their business. Mayock is the more concerning one. He just doesn't seem to handle the GM job as effectively as he did on NFL Network.

But I think we are the more preferred over Vegas, from Rodgers' perspective, and I think SF might have been right up there until they selected Trey.

Second thought...whether it's a Manning type storyline (other than a few differences), or a Brady venture, I believe it is very possible. I felt like we were in the Manning hunt early on, and it worked out for us. Very nicely! And few folks believed Brady was going to leave to another team, but you have to read the ole tea leaves. There were signs. And even at that, not many people thought he could win a SB with that team, at least not year one. But he did. So you have to think out of the box in these situations. When Rodgers keeps saying he's out, I believe he kinda means it. He has done almost everything, and he apparently has had enough of GB's leadership. Just like Brady wanted a new start, with a new gig. Folks often can't imagine long term stars leaving, but it happens and it often works out very well. And if you are Aaron Rodgers, and you feel insulted or even angered by maneuvers taken, things said or not said, choices made without consultation, what does he have to lose by leaving? He's got a crown and 3 MVPs. He's a first ballot HoFamer. Why not stir up some dust in Denver, with a fantastic D, and a load of young weapons? And possibly a much better FO and coaching staff.....and as long as he believes it, it's good enough for him.

Oh and just like Brady, family was part of the final decision. Rodgers has a Colorado connection through his lady.
                You dont let Rodgers go to an NFC contender. SF is out.

Comment

If it did come down to Raiders/ Broncos bidding war, I am not sure the Broncos should be as willing to sell the farm as the Raiders.
                  They have a new stadium to pay for. This is the kind of buzz they gain in areas not related to the field.

Also wonder how much influence GB GM would allow Rodgers to influence his destination. Just guessing but the Gruden HC/ OC situation seems a whole lot more stable then the Shurmur/ Fangio combo. Which OC fits Rodgers. And would GB prefer giving Rodgers a final middle finger if trade offers are similar by a racing him to the other team?

As for SF. If they were to put Lance into the package it might make trading within the NFC a whole different issue. GB selling Lance to the fans makes the sting of losing Rodgers a lot less painful.

I just wonder how long this will linger before resolved. The quicker the better.
                  Last edited by FR Tim; 05-03-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

You dont let Rodgers go to an NFC contender. SF is out.
                    I'm good with that. But I can see Divisional a much bigger deal, especially if SF wants to sell the farm.

But maybe the farm looks like this:

Last edited by CanDB; 05-03-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

According to the Packers GM only one team called about Rodgers and the Packers GM said no.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-packers...160537604.html
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        1. You trade picks for Rodgers, not players.
                        2. You make this trade in nearly any way possible if it can be done.
                        3. Who cares of rodgers is a diva, a dick or anything else- you are not dating him. the LR loves him. They will love him here. They will love winning.
                        4. We are absolutely SB contenders with Rodgers. Look at the pack record last year and how far they went. Is there anything on their team better than ours? nada.
                        5. Rodgers will play for at least another 5 years- he has said he wants to play longer. This is very doable.
                        6. Trading 3 firsts (if it came to that) would still 1000 billion percent be worth it. It is Not mortgaging the future.
                        Love the boldness pal!!! I love my coffee bold, so this goes down good!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          JUST SAY NO TO AROD!!!

I think The Broncos have to be committed to developing a Young quarterback. And we need to have patience with any Young quarterback that we draft or acquire.
                          drew lock is a average QB that is all he will ever be its hard to draft a QB , way more misses than hits . roll with lock broncos are a 8-8 team every year , get rodgers broncos are going 14-2 and have a chance at a super bowl . the game has changed brady is 44 and still playing at a high level QBs cant be hit any more so the only decline is from arm power which with today's training and diets are lasting way longer . the only reason manning fell of a cliff is because he had a serious neck injury that killed his arm strength and nerves and he was on borrowed time until his body gave out . rodgers is fully healthy and has a strong arm he can play until 45 easily like brady at a high level broncos can get 7 or 8 years out of him . Its obvious in the first or second year if you got a special QB this is not the 90s anymore where QBs struggle early all elite QBs start quick now or at the very least show huge flashes . drew is average many average QBs have good games here and there that is what makes them average no consistency . some teams have not had a elite QB in 50 years it hard if broncos pass up on aron it could be another 30 years until they draft a top ten QB .

Comment

If Rodgers get squished on that shoulder of his, it wouldn't be good.
                            40 mill and #1 picks down the drain .
                            If he was a free agent, that's a different story, we could try and get him.
                            We are trying to develop a young QB, and after 3 years we will know if he is a keeper.
                            ( I understand it's difficult for people,
                            especially the millennials, to have patience in this Dot-Com, point-and-click, instant gratification, world that we live in, but that's not always how it works.)

Comment

No players, no picks. If he wants to play fine, but I'd want to be able to drop him flat at the first sign of drama we don't need. I wouldn't put any golden handcuffs on this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                If Rodgers get squished on that shoulder of his, it wouldn't be good.
                                40 mill and #1 picks down the drain
                                If he was a free agent, that's a different story, we could try and get him.
                                We are trying to develop a young QB, and after 3 years we will know if he is a keeper.
                                ( I understand it's difficult for people,
                                especially the millennials, to have patience in this Dot-Com, point-and-click, instant gratification, world that we live in, but that's not always how it works.)

Didn't Lock miss more games to injury than Rodgers last season?

Anyway, how I see it, Rodgers' absolute lowest floor is Lock's ceiling. If we have a legit chance to put the MVP in our QB room, you have to do it. It would solve the wish strategy with Lock. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X