Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

“ 2 1sts, 1 2nd and Patrick” …. I make that deal in a heartbeat.

I would have some concerns for his expected contract. Hopefully more in the area of “ team friendly” then “ highest paid QB in the League”. That effects the ability to sign and re-sign overall roster talent over the next three years.

Does your opinion change if the cost is more in line with the GB perspective I stated?
    If I’m the Broncos, I think I only trade for Rodgers with the understanding that he plays on his current contract and a new deal will be discussed at a later time.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

If we have Rodgers what is your thinking about having lock/ted? As a backup? 27 mil is a lot for a backup. We would only need 1 of them as a backup and def not at 27 mil.

Ideally if we have Rodgers we keep Lock as the backup, but even then he wont get a huge spike in pay or he can walk, I am not sure he would though. He may pull the osweiller.
      I actually love Drew Lock in the back up role and if he struggles again this year that is what he's probably looking at from someone. Possibly something a little better similar to what Bridgewater got this year. But to me he has what you want in the guy that you might need to turn to for a few weeks. Mainly big arm and confidence.

In this scenario we could "afford" to let his rookie deal expire after next season. So in theory we keep Lock this year and next at roughly 2 million and he is the top backup in the league. Maybe even our long term solution after he learns a few things from Rodgers.
      Last edited by atwaterandstir; 07-22-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• If it has not happened by now don't you think it is just not going to happen and to be honest I am, relieved that Denver is not Dumb enough to make this so called fake Trade anyways lol. In Drew I Trust !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
          If it has not happened by now don't you think it is just not going to happen and to be honest I am, relieved that Denver is not Dumb enough to make this so called fake Trade anyways lol. In Drew I Trust !!
          Green Bay isn’t going to trade him until he proves he won’t play for them.

If he shows up for training camp, expect him to stay in Green Bay.

If he doesn’t show up, a trade is possible but not a certainty.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

I actually love Drew Lock in the back up role and if he struggles again this year that is what he's probably looking at from someone and will eventually get a contract that matches that role. Possibly something a little better similar to what Bridgewater got this year. But to me he has what you want in the guy that you might need to turn to for a few weeks. Mainly big arm and confidence.

In this scenario we could "afford" to let his rookie deal expire after next season. So in theory we keep Lock this year and next at roughly 2 million and he is the top backup in the league. Maybe even our long term solution after he learns a few things from Rodgers.
            I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have lock backup to Rodgers. Lock is a smart guy and has all the tools, maybe even better (physically) that Rodgers. With him watching and learning and competing (in camp) with Rodgers for a few years, I have no doubt Lock could take over and be a boss! Who knows if he would want to (assuming we get rodgers and offer to keep lock on a small few mil per salary as a backup), but I think it would be smart. Lock just isnt quite there yet. But I think he can copy rodgers and become great. He just does not know yet, what he does not know.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

If it has not happened by now don't you think it is just not going to happen and to be honest I am, relieved that Denver is not Dumb enough to make this so called fake Trade anyways lol. In Drew I Trust !!

Nothing is/was going to happen until TC. As Lee posted, if he shows up for TC in GB then its about moot. He likely is not going to get traded at all.

However, if he does not show up for TC then its game on!!!

My personal opinion is if he does not show up for TC he will be traded between week 2 of TC and week 3 of the season. Especially if the news that came out today is accurate then it likely will happen during TC.
              So far:

Comment

Nothing is/was going to happen until TC. As Lee posted, if he shows up for TC in GB then its about moot. He likely is not going to get traded at all.

However, if he does not show up for TC then its game on!!!

My personal opinion is if he does not show up for TC he will be traded between week 2 of TC and week 3 of the season. Especially if the news that came out today is accurate then it likely will happen during TC.
                Do you mean just like the fake timeline of the Beginning of July? If it does go down then I will be elated also however if it does not which I believe that the cost is just not worth the reward this time around then I am all aboard the Drew Lock Train 1000%. So in all Honestly Drew Lock will be the Starting QB for the Denver Broncos for the 2021 Season and Beyond. In Drew I Trust !!

Comment

Do you mean just like the fake timeline of the Beginning of July? If it does go down then I will be elated also however if it does not which I believe that the cost is just not worth the reward this time around then I am all aboard the Drew Lock Train 1000%. So in all Honestly Drew Lock will be the Starting QB for the Denver Broncos for the 2021 Season and Beyond. In Drew I Trust !!

What fake timeline do you mean at the beginning of July?

That was the earliest it could have all gone down, but some people thought that was when it was going to go down for some reason.
                  I think the rest of us are with you there aside from those that do not like Lock.
                  So far:

Comment

• So his lady retweeted Stephen A Smith's post, which includes...

“This is proof of what I’ve been talking about for months. It’s not about football. It’s not just about the money,” Smith said. “This is about the way the Green Bay Packers have treated their star player. They have disregarded him, they have dismissed him, they have minimized him, they’ve disrespected him. And he said, ‘Bump y’all, enough is enough.’”

Maybe Shailene is just trying to show support for her partner, but maybe there is more to this than we know.

Go girl...

Last edited by CanDB; 07-22-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Curious to hear what you think about the multiple reports today stating that the Schefter report is not “new news”?

Even the suggestion by Kornheiser that it was Schefter doing a little PR work for GB. With the rest of the media just blindly jumping on the story to give the impression of “ new news”.

The plot thickens!
                      Well I'm not seeing that. Google News searches for "Aaron Rodgers" and "Schefter" aren't pulling up much outside of some opinions shared by Florio, so what you contend is not exactly sweeping the nation. Perhaps you are tuned into some blogs like Kornheiser's, and while he's certainly entitled to his opinion, that one is venturing into tinfoil conspiracy territory.

Opinions aside, I'm interested in the facts about what information was released and when right now and I've provided links and quotes to this end, while those who contend that Schefter released absolutely nothing new at all here have provided zilch to support that claim.
                      Last edited by L.M.; 07-22-2021, 07:14 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Well I'm not seeing that. Google News searches for "Aaron Rodgers" and "Schefter" aren't pulling up much outside of some opinions shared by Florio, so what you contend is not exactly sweeping the nation. Perhaps you are tuned into some blogs like Kornheiser's, and while he's certainly entitled to his opinion, that one is venturing into tinfoil conspiracy territory. Put yourself in Green Bay's shoes: would you really need to leak info this way? Management could just as well tell the media openly and factually that Rodgers rejected a really lucrative offer that committed to him for five seasons with top pay.

Opinions aside, I'm more interested in the facts about what information was released and when right now and I've provided links and quotes. Those who contend that Schefter released absolutely nothing new at all here have provided zilch to support that claim.
                        Fake Old News!!!!

Alfalfa was my fav!

Comment

• Can someone explain to me how Ian Rapoport reported in May something we didn’t know about until July?

What is meant by we didn’t know anything about it?

Obviously we knew about the extension in May, Rapoport reported it. The only thing that could possibly be new news are the details of that extension. Am I the only seeing the obvious here?
                          Well you've quoted me and left my name out so I guess I'll return the "compliment".

You also quoted me out of a context which actually answers your question. "We didn't know anything about it " refers to the content of the offer.
                          Rapoport reported that Rodgers rejected a "significant" extension offer.
                          Schefter added a couple of previously unknown details – that it would have tied him to the team for the next five seasons and would have made him the highest paid QB and player in NFL history. Some people find that interesting (you may not) and so it was widely shared by every major news outlet.

In the part you didn't read and left out, I explained and demonstrated that people are hungry for every single little detail about the Rodgers situation – even things like whether or not Rodgers is having his home deep cleaned and what that "means"!

And today it's about Rodger's fiancée, Shailene Woodley, retweeting a video made by ESPN's Stephen Smith who supports Rodgers turning down the contract, explaining that "it’s not about football. It’s not just about the money, and it certainly isn’t about football." That's not exactly news (or a new conclusion from it) either but it's under scrutiny and being taken as further verification that Rodgers doesn't give a hoot about $, and this is actually coming from his camp.
                          Last edited by L.M.; 07-22-2021, 12:38 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            So his lady retweeted Stephen A Smith's post, which includes...

“This is proof of what I’ve been talking about for months. It’s not about football. It’s not just about the money,” Smith said. “This is about the way the Green Bay Packers have treated their star player. They have disregarded him, they have dismissed him, they have minimized him, they’ve disrespected him. And he said, ‘Bump y’all, enough is enough.’”

Maybe Shailene is just trying to show support for her partner, but maybe there is more to this than we know.

Go girl...

Yes there is, if what we heard today holds true (who knows, but its kind of exciting and makes sense)... Word is that Rodgers wanted out last year and the pack promised him they would trade him this offseason. After he went out and MVP'd the league the packers changed their mind and are going back on that promise. Who know the validity of this, but if so, that could be the missing piece behind the scenes that we are not aware of yet. (til now obvs).

If that is also the case, then I do doubt he will show for TC. For now, I still have this feeling he will show for TC and the trade idea is dead in the water. However, if that rumor is Legit, oooooooh hoooo hoooo, we could see this go down!
                            So far:

Comment

Yes there is, if what we heard today holds true (who knows, but its kind of exciting and makes sense)... Word is that Rodgers wanted out last year and the pack promised him they would trade him this offseason. After he went out and MVP'd the league the packers changed their mind and are going back on that promise. Who know the validity of this, but if so, that could be the missing piece behind the scenes that we are not aware of yet. (til now obvs).

If that is also the case, then I do doubt he will show for TC. For now, I still have this feeling he will show for TC and the trade idea is dead in the water. However, if that rumor is Legit, oooooooh hoooo hoooo, we could see this go down!
                              The idea that the Packers promised to trade him this year doesn’t jive with the claims that he wanted an extension.

I don’t see why Rodgers wouldn’t want to be the first Packers quarterback to play for 17 years or more.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The idea that the Packers promised to trade him this year doesn’t jive with the claims that he wanted an extension.

I don’t see why Rodgers wouldn’t want to be the first Packers quarterback to play for 17 years or more.
                                Possibly who knows.

We do know they offered him and extension for 2 years and turned it down. So that doesnt jive with the claims he wanted an extension.

Who knows
                                So far:

Comment

Working...
                                X