Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by welderhead View Post
    No players, no picks. If he wants to play fine, but I'd want to be able to drop him flat at the first sign of drama we don't need. I wouldn't put any golden handcuffs on this deal.
    You sayin that he gets no points at all for his Jeopardy skills??

    Harsh!!!

    Comment


    • #77
      Everybody has a theory or a game plan, and is entitled to their own opinion that's for sure ! And its all good.



      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        If Rodgers get squished on that shoulder of his, it wouldn't be good.
        40 mill and #1 picks down the drain .
        If he was a free agent, that's a different story, we could try and get him.
        We are trying to develop a young QB, and after 3 years we will know if he is a keeper.
        ( I understand it's difficult for people,
        especially the millennials, to have patience in this Dot-Com, point-and-click, instant gratification, world that we live in, but that's not always how it works.)

        Broncos havent developed a QB since elway. Id take my chances with Rodgers.

        Comment


        • #79
          The Broncos have only had 5 competent quarterbacks in their history and they only one they developed was Elway, and we didn't even draft him:
          Frank Tripucka
          Craig Morton
          John Elway
          Jake Plummer
          Peyton Manning

          Tripucka, Morton, Plummer, and Manning were already seasoned veterans when they got here. When we draft and try to develop a guy we end up with Drew Lock, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow, Brian Griese...
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            If Rodgers get squished on that shoulder of his, it wouldn't be good.
            40 mill and #1 picks down the drain .
            If he was a free agent, that's a different story, we could try and get him.
            We are trying to develop a young QB, and after 3 years we will know if he is a keeper.
            ( I understand it's difficult for people,
            especially the millennials, to have patience in this Dot-Com, point-and-click, instant gratification, world that we live in, but that's not always how it works.)

            IF.

            You can say this for any player in the league. That is why IFs are a joke. So is predicting injury. I am pretty sure Drew has been hurt more than Rodgers. Definitely more recently.
            I think Drew will develop and have good hopes for him this year. However, no matter how well he develops he is not going to be a Rodgers this year. Likely not next either. I will gladly take 3 SBs and figure out what to do with drew, then hoping he can be a Rodgers.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              The Broncos have only had 5 competent quarterbacks in their history and they only one they developed was Elway, and we didn't even draft him:
              Frank Tripucka
              Craig Morton
              John Elway
              Jake Plummer
              Peyton Manning

              Tripucka, Morton, Plummer, and Manning were already seasoned veterans when they got here. When we draft and try to develop a guy we end up with Drew Lock, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow, Brian Griese...
              You forgot to mention Charley Johnson, who quarterbacked the first winning seasons in Bronco history (1973 & 1974). He had played in St. Louis and Houston and arrived in Denver as a seasoned veteran. So, let's make that six competent QBs, although Steve Ramsey (drafted by New Orleans) did have a winning season in 1976 before he was sent to the NYG as part of the trade for Craig Morton. Brian Griese had three winning seasons in Denver and Trevor Siemian had one; both drafted by the Broncos. Brock Osweiler filled in for Manning in 2015 going 5-2 keeping the Broncos alive for the playoffs. You are quite correct in pointing out that Denver has yet to consistently draft and develop winning QBs, Elway being developed but not drafted.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                If Rodgers get squished on that shoulder of his, it wouldn't be good.
                40 mill and #1 picks down the drain .
                If he was a free agent, that's a different story, we could try and get him.
                We are trying to develop a young QB, and after 3 years we will know if he is a keeper.
                ( I understand it's difficult for people,
                especially the millennials, to have patience in this Dot-Com, point-and-click, instant gratification, world that we live in, but that's not always how it works.)

                Appreciate the risk of injury, and severity is likely to be higher in a 37 y.o., however, as pointed out elsewhere, he is not injury prone. Injuries can happen to any player so it's difficult to evaluate and consider. Rather focus on the upside. He can bring it in Denver....

                If he becomes available better to trade than risk him going to 49ers as a FA. Just hold on to most of the farm and give up picks instead.

                Comment


                • #83
                  I realize that anyone can get hurt, but I think its a little risky to pay 35-40 mill to a 37 year old QB?
                  My brother Always buys fancy used cars with lotsa miles on them and drives around like he is all cool.
                  But his cars have tons of miles and need a lot of repairs.
                  I tend to buy new lower priced cars or very low mileage cars thinking that they won't need to be repaired all the time.
                  Everybody has different opinions on stuff, and its all good.


                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                    You forgot to mention Charley Johnson, who quarterbacked the first winning seasons in Bronco history (1973 & 1974). He had played in St. Louis and Houston and arrived in Denver as a seasoned veteran. So, let's make that six competent QBs, although Steve Ramsey (drafted by New Orleans) did have a winning season in 1976 before he was sent to the NYG as part of the trade for Craig Morton. Brian Griese had three winning seasons in Denver and Trevor Siemian had one; both drafted by the Broncos. Brock Osweiler filled in for Manning in 2015 going 5-2 keeping the Broncos alive for the playoffs. You are quite correct in pointing out that Denver has yet to consistently draft and develop winning QBs, Elway being developed but not drafted.
                    You always come through with precise clarity. Thank you sir.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      Everybody has a theory or a game plan, and is entitled to their own opinion that's for sure ! And its all good.




                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post



                        Very true!!!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

                          IF.

                          You can say this for any player in the league. That is why IFs are a joke. So is predicting injury. I am pretty sure Drew has been hurt more than Rodgers. Definitely more recently.
                          I think Drew will develop and have good hopes for him this year. However, no matter how well he develops he is not going to be a Rodgers this year. Likely not next either. I will gladly take 3 SBs and figure out what to do with drew, then hoping he can be a Rodgers.
                          Yes sir!

                          People may forget that Rodgers seemed like an injury type when he was in his early years. I wondered if he could ever be a long term guy given his apparent penchant for injuries, though not serious.

                          Turn the page, make that chapters of the book, here's Rodgers Starter stats:

                          Since 2008, when he first played as a starter, Rodgers had 9 seasons starting 16 games, 2 seasons starting 15 games (which were probably "rests" not "injuries"), 1 season starting 9 games and 1 season starting 7 games. So he basically started every game in 11 of 13 seasons. Not sure how many QBs have a better start rate given that length of career.

                          Plus he guided his team when injured. He basically had The Pack ahead of Seattle to get to the SB (2015), playing with barely more than one leg. Not his fault they blew that big lead. He was courageous in the effort.

                          So based on all of that, and the resume, and the fact that he is currently the MVP of the greatest football league in the world....I'm not passing up this opportunity if it comes our way.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 05-04-2021, 07:35 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post



                            Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

                            Very true!!!
                            That's why I try not to plan too much....

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post



                              That's why I try not to plan too much....
                              I'm the complete opposite, I make a game plan, try to execute the game plan properly, and by chance, if I do "get punched in the mouth" I try to have a plan B !

                              But I'm old, and I've had my share of beatings!

                              Our motto on the boat is, "The beatings will continue, until the morale improves!!"

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

                                I'm the complete opposite, I make a game plan, try to execute the game plan properly, and by chance, if I do "get punched in the mouth" I try to have a plan B !

                                But I'm old, and I've had my share of beatings!

                                Our motto on the boat is, "The beatings will continue, until the morale improves!!"

                                Yeah pal....actually I am an over planner. I love planning! But I try to do so without stepping into the ring.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X