Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rapaport adds more fuel to the fire with latest tweet claiming Adams and GB have now backed off negotiating long term as well- with no plans to resume.

    Could be nothing could be something, but it's definitely not all roses around there.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
      Rapaport adds more fuel to the fire with latest tweet claiming Adams and GB have now backed off negotiating long term as well- with no plans to resume.

      Could be nothing could be something, but it's definitely not all roses around there.
      Man , can we get to week one already.....I hate the off season drama

      Comment


      • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        Rapaport adds more fuel to the fire with latest tweet claiming Adams and GB have now backed off negotiating long term as well- with no plans to resume.

        Could be nothing could be something, but it's definitely not all roses around there.
        I wonder if Adams is waiting to see what Rodgers does.

        Adams doesn’t have any leverage though because the Packers can tag him twice.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

          I don't know why anyone would be cautious to commit long term to a guy like Rodgers. No signs of his arm falling off, and he's got a great one. QBs play way longer now than they used to. The only concern is that they take too much money against the cap, but outside of Brady, they all do. Brees and Manning fell off a cliff, but different situations. Manning had major injuries that led to nerve issues. Brees wasn't doing what Rodgers does. The Saints offense disguised any issues he had until he was completely gone.

          There's all this talk about how Rodgers isn't upset about the Love pick. I know he said he wasn't, but how could he not be? If you're committed to a guy, and trying to win, why wouldn't you take a shot on a guy like Claypool? It's bizarre is what it is. Even NE attempted to get Brady help. They just suck at scouting offense. Look at how KC has invested in offense to support Mahomes. I don't get the "grooming" thing. We had Osweiler groomed behind Manning for like 3 years. Herbert and Burrow both played well last year. It's a load of crap. It's not like the starter is going to make it easy on the replacement either. Favre and Rodgers are cool now, but Favre wasn't supportive through the process. Even Joe Flacco, on a new team, had too much ego to commit to the process. All the "yes man" guys are typically not legacy guys you want to have around in the first place. I think maybe Kurt Warner was one of the few, but even he was pissed when they kept trying to replace him. And that guy was coming from about as humble of a background as you can imagine.

          Yeah, GB was playing games with Rodgers, and he decided not to go along with it. It's not surprising given his demeanor. As to my team's perspective, Manning makes an obvious but good point. How close to the season do you want to bring in a new QB? What are you going to run for the first month if he starts? And then you have to develop chemistry/continuity. Brady was working out with Buccs receivers well before the season, and it was still a general turd pageant until the last third of the season or so. Real talk, their defense ended up winning them the SB anyway. I would still do it, though. You're committing to Rodgers long term if you trade for him. Let whoever's left start the first couple games, and then see how the team does down the stretch. Keep everything in place to the best of your ability going into '22. I could definitely see us winning a SB in year one with Rodgers. What Tampa's defense was able to do shouldn't be unrealistic for ours, and Rodgers is a better QB right now than Brady. I don't know if we have the weapons or offense Brady had, but we're not too far off.

          I'm good with what we've got, if that's the case. Just have to utilize a different philosophy offensively. Projecting a little as far as Lock's performance goes, but so long as the defense is stout, Lock shouldn't have to be a world beater. If we do roll with what we've got though, it's going to be hard to pry myself away from the development of Justin Fields. As fans, we've all got our own ideas about what the team should do. That's why we're here. It's only natural.

          BTW: aaron, thanks for dropping by, and sharing your thoughts with us.
          Of course Rodgers was upset about the Love pick. I think he even made that pretty evident last year.

          He certainly made it clear this year when he talked about how he ruined the plan by being the mvp.

          He wasn’t just simply upset that he wasn’t told ahead of time. He was angry that they drafted a quarterback and moved up to get him.

          I think the Packers played the odds and got burned. That’s not a legitimate reason for Rodgers to be angry. He should just continue to prove that he is the best option.

          They should move on from Jordan Love when his contract is up.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

          Comment


          • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
            Rapaport adds more fuel to the fire with latest tweet claiming Adams and GB have now backed off negotiating long term as well- with no plans to resume.

            Could be nothing could be something, but it's definitely not all roses around there.
            I know that many if not most players take care of their own business, including nice long term contracts...even if not on the best team for them. But The Pack better play their cards right with Rodgers, because there may be Adams and more who may want out, pending the Rodgers' contract situation. They will be expensive, but imagine a team with some space who took them both on! Instant O, for a price. Vegas??

            Comment


            • Originally posted by L.M. View Post

              Huh? I never indicated any of these things. I voted option #2 in this poll, so I want Rodgers here leading us back to the playoffs, even if he is a prima donna.
              I didnt understand what you were saying then. I was confused. All good.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

              Comment


              • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

                Man , can we get to week one already.....I hate the off season drama
                No kidding. It's not even real drama. Totally "some people needing to state lame opinions" trying to compete with quality opinions.
                Utah Bronco Freak

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

                  Man , can we get to week one already.....I hate the off season drama
                  Why would you expect the drama to end week one?

                  This will continue until Rodgers is traded or suits up for GB. Even then there will be the continued narrative that it is only a matter of time before he gets traded to us. Mid season, next season… it’s happening!

                  Even if Rodgers shows up tomorrow, pledges his love for GB and jumps into Training Camp mode, I would still expect the narrative to transition back to Watson before any support for Lock or Bridgewater. Only after his “minor issues” are resolved, of course.

                  This drama never ends with Bronco QBs. I’m sure there is a ball boy that throws to the WRs in practice that some fans “ are keeping an eye on”.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aaronitout View Post

                    That it was a 2 year extension says it all. Rodgers wants a long term commitment that he will finish his career in GB. (and he wants to play until 45, as he has said)

                    A 2 year extension would only likely guarantee him the starting job through 2023. With a clean out capwise with two seasons remaining, like his current deal.

                    Our other rumored solution was a restructure that pushed out money guaranteeing he was in GB through 2022. We also offered him (rumored) a raise on his current deal.

                    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    I don't know why anyone would be cautious to commit long term to a guy like Rodgers. No signs of his arm falling off, and he's got a great one. QBs play way longer now than they used to.
                    Well, it takes thousands of years for human physiology to evolve so I think we're dealing with the same men generally, but they each have different levels of stamina, resilience, and longevity. Elway retired at 37 (Rodger's age now) and said afterward that it was because his body couldn't take it anymore, but old Steve DeBerg (who played for the Broncos from '81-'83) also retired in '98 at age 44.

                    Peyton Manning showed no signs of regression at age 37 in our 2013, historic, offensive season –no sign then of his arm falling off either as he shattered record after record putting up a season better than Rodgers just had! But then we could see decline setting in during 2014 –remember when he couldn't run five yards with open prairie in front of him in that Colts playoff game? And 2015 was a disaster for him. We just have no idea when Father Time is going to step in with each of these guys.

                    Yeah Rodgers wants to play until 45, lots of such die hard competitors say that, but the reality is something else. And some just don't know when to quit, like Favre; I felt embarrassed watching him in NYJ and in his last season in Minnesota —not a very dignified exit. Elway and Manning were wise enough to hang it up when they did.

                    Because of his age, signing Rodgers is a gamble, everybody knows it, and while I think it's worth taking, not with a contract extension to or through age 45 –and certainly not guaranteed! If that's what he's demanding, then he's not being realistic and he's underestimating Father Time. I can't blame Green Bay if they refused that.
                    Last edited by L.M.; 07-23-2021, 08:00 PM.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                    2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

                    Comment


                    • Sports books reportedly brace for an Aaron Rodgers retirement

                      Las Vegas usually knows what’s going on. On Aaron Rodgers, Las Vegas reportedly thinks it knows what he’ll be doing next week.

                      Via Bill Huber of SI.com, multiple sports books believe Rodgers will announce his retirement before Wednesday’s initial practice of training camp. Per Huber, Westgate Superbook has “closed all its NFC North markets, including projected wins, playoff odds, divisional odds and weekly lines for the four division teams.”

                      PointsBet sports book, which not long ago put the Green Bay over-under win total back on the board at nine, has once again removed Green Bay from the list of 32 teams. DraftKings also has removed the Green Bay over-under win total, along with its Packers-related “Team Specials.” (The other 31 teams have them.)

                      As one source with knowledge of the dynamics of the Rodgers situation said in response to these developments, “Vegas oddsmakers tend to be pretty sharp.” The source added that a lot of scenarios are in play, and “many, many factors” will be relevant to the outcome.

                      Rodgers has kept his card close to the vest. A retirement for 2021 would make sense, since it would help him avoid up to $2 million in fines for holding out of training camp. However, he’d still lose a $6.8 million roster bonus earned in March and payable each week of the 2021 regular season. He’d also be subject to repayment of $11.5 million in unearned signing bonus money for 2021. (Some believe the Packers would never try to collect, or successfully recover, the $11.5 million.)

                      He then could unretire in 2022, with the Packers trading him and Rodgers resuming his career.
                      Last edited by L.M.; 07-23-2021, 08:04 PM.

                      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                      2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                        Why would you expect the drama to end week one?

                        This will continue until Rodgers is traded or suits up for GB. Even then there will be the continued narrative that it is only a matter of time before he gets traded to us. Mid season, next season… it’s happening!

                        Even if Rodgers shows up tomorrow, pledges his love for GB and jumps into Training Camp mode, I would still expect the narrative to transition back to Watson before any support for Lock or Bridgewater. Only after his “minor issues” are resolved, of course.

                        This drama never ends with Bronco QBs. I’m sure there is a ball boy that throws to the WRs in practice that some fans “ are keeping an eye on”.
                        We're pretty used to it, it's true. But GB isn't. Not since Favre lost his job to Rodgers anyway.

                        GB are making a total hash of this. It doesn't matter whether they trade Rodgers to the Broncos or to someone else (well, it matters to us but not to them). It's obvious Rodgers doesn't want to be there and it would be sensible for GB to move on now rather than waste the 2021 season - and for what? Just because they have this grand plan to trade him in 2022? Just because they believe they hold all the cards?

                        The reality is that it is common for teams to trade or cut players at their own instigation and regardless of whether they are in contract or not. In this context it seems rather perverse to insist on players absolutely honouring the terms of their contracts. Obviously there are special factors with the size of Rodgers's GB contract and the sizable cap hit for GB of he is traded before 2022, but these problems are not insoluble.

                        The fact that Adams is now reportedly considering his position with the team speaks volumes.

                        As fior the Broncos QB drama, it could end very easily with Lock or Bridgewater starting 5-0.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                          Sports books reportedly brace for an Aaron Rodgers retirement

                          Las Vegas usually knows what’s going on. On Aaron Rodgers, Las Vegas reportedly thinks it knows what he’ll be doing next week.

                          Via Bill Huber of SI.com, multiple sports books believe Rodgers will announce his retirement before Wednesday’s initial practice of training camp. Per Huber, Westgate Superbook has “closed all its NFC North markets, including projected wins, playoff odds, divisional odds and weekly lines for the four division teams.”

                          PointsBet sports book, which not long ago put the Green Bay over-under win total back on the board at nine, has once again removed Green Bay from the list of 32 teams. DraftKings also has removed the Green Bay over-under win total, along with its Packers-related “Team Specials.” (The other 31 teams have them.)

                          As one source with knowledge of the dynamics of the Rodgers situation said in response to these developments, “Vegas oddsmakers tend to be pretty sharp.” The source added that a lot of scenarios are in play, and “many, many factors” will be relevant to the outcome.

                          Rodgers has kept his card close to the vest. A retirement for 2021 would make sense, since it would help him avoid up to $2 million in fines for holding out of training camp. However, he’d still lose a $6.8 million roster bonus earned in March and payable each week of the 2021 regular season. He’d also be subject to repayment of $11.5 million in unearned signing bonus money for 2021. (Some believe the Packers would never try to collect, or successfully recover, the $11.5 million.)

                          He then could unretire in 2022, with the Packers trading him and Rodgers resuming his career.


                          LOL at all the people who didnt want us to trade for Rodgers and kept saying that we do not even know if Rodgers wants out.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by L.M. View Post




                            Well, it takes thousands of years for human physiology to evolve so I think we're dealing with the same men generally, but they each have different levels of stamina, resilience, and longevity. Elway retired at 37 (Rodger's age now) and said afterward that it was because his body couldn't take it anymore, but old Steve DeBerg (who played for the Broncos from '81-'83) also retired in '98 at age 44.

                            Peyton Manning showed no signs of regression at age 37 in our 2013, historic, offensive season –no sign then of his arm falling off either as he shattered record after record putting up a season better than Rodgers just had! But then we could see decline setting in during 2014 –remember when he couldn't run five yards with open prairie in front of him in that Colts playoff game? And 2015 was a disaster for him. We just have no idea when Father Time is going to step in with each of these guys.

                            Yeah Rodgers wants to play until 45, lots of such die hard competitors say that, but the reality is something else. And some just don't know when to quit, like Favre; I felt embarrassed watching him in NYJ and in his last season in Minnesota —not a very dignified exit. Elway and Manning were wise enough to hang it up when they did.

                            Because of his age, signing Rodgers is a gamble, everybody knows it, and while I think it's worth taking, not with a contract extension to or through age 45 –and certainly not guaranteed! If that's what he's demanding, then he's not being realistic and he's underestimating Father Time. I can't blame Green Bay if they refused that.
                            Probably my bad. I was implying changes in football and not human physiology. Much as I'd love to go rounds with you on "step" vs "gradual" evolution, LM. I'd be out of my depth.

                            Your point about each QB being unique is something I was touching on. PFM had the herniated disk and fusion surgery that had lasting effects. He was never a great athlete in the first place. I would be very surprised to see Rodgers fall off like Peyton did.

                            Comment


                            • Well, there you have it. Both Rodgers and Davante posted images from 'The Last Dance' on their Instagram pages. This obviously means they have spoken and Rodgers will give it one last go in a Packer uniform. Instagram posts are always straight forward and never misleading.

                              /sarcasm.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Well, there you have it. Both Rodgers and Davante posted images from 'The Last Dance' on their Instagram pages. This obviously means they have spoken and Rodgers will give it one last go in a Packer uniform. Instagram posts are always straight forward and never misleading.

                                /sarcasm.
                                Yes....now I can adjust my fantasy football mock drafts to account for Rodgers and Adams in GB............

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X