Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
    Broncos are signing Tedric Thompson, a DB. Why would they do that if they didn't intend to trade a star DB for, say, Aaron Rodgers? I'm perplexed at this move.
    Maybe depth? Camp competition for the rookie Safeties?

Broncos also just signed a C Brett Jones? Trade implications here too?

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
      Broncos are signing Tedric Thompson, a DB. Why would they do that if they didn't intend to trade a star DB for, say, Aaron Rodgers? I'm perplexed at this move.
      Jamar Johnson and Kary Vincent were placed on the covid 19/reserve list so it’s just a depth signing for camp.

Comment

• Signing him next year is certainly not as appealing. I was hoping the trade could be worked out so that we could use this years "extra" cap now in reworking the contract and front loading- making it a little more team friendly.

I don't remember exactly but I think the remaining deal is 3 years 95 million. In my mind I was hoping we could figure out roughly a 40/30/25 cap hit spread out.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I think Rodgers has his ducks all in a row, and he not only feels more in control in GB now, but realizes he could still win it all there. And as long as he stays relatively healthy and does not drop off, he still has a few years to play in a place he wants to play.....at a big salary. Life is pretty good for #12.
          How is Rodgers in control? He pretty much conceded on the basis we trade for Cobb.

Rodgers is under contract for 22', he will likely be traded as we originally planned, unless he decides to push out some of his own money into the future via extension, to extend his stay with GB by a season or two, but I dont anticipate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronitout View Post

How is Rodgers in control? He pretty much conceded on the basis we trade for Cobb.

Rodgers is under contract for 22', he will likely be traded as we originally planned, unless he decides to push out some of his own money into the future via extension, to extend his stay with GB by a season or two, but I dont anticipate that.
            I think Rodgers has his ducks all in a row....

Comment

I think Rodgers has his ducks all in a row....
              How so? He seems to have conceded the entire point in exchange for Randall Cobb.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronitout View Post

How so? He seems to have conceded the entire point in exchange for Randall Cobb.
                OK....I'll take the bait.

Rodgers may have only got Cobb, but that's actually a step up based on the relationship with management. It appears he has finally got a word in. But he said much more, and he will get away with it...about former mates. This stuff would not be welcomed by Packers' management before or now, but he got to say it, and he lives another day (year) in Packerland, as the star player who might bring home another championship. Fans will love him as they always have, he gets paid enormous money, he is recognized as a great QB across the league, and stays with his buds for one more season, where he is no doubt comfortable. It's not easy going to another team, unless it becomes unbearable where you are.

And he likely will be an open book all year, and might even say a few more things that will tick management. Not out of spite as much as, that's who he is.

And believe me, if they are in a crucial situation in the playoffs, I expect him to call the play he wants.

Comment

• This Thread should be moved to the other team's section. This has nothing to do about Broncos football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    This Thread should be moved to the other team's section. This has nothing to do about Broncos football.
                    I agree with you. AARON RODGERS is a packer and he is not coming here "thank God". We can close this please lol.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      This Thread should be moved to the other team's section. This has nothing to do about Broncos football.
                      I would agree to a point, but when I was going to suggest we close it, I realized that he may be up for trade within 7 months or so. Now, that might be too long to keep active of course, but the topic is still relevant to some. Do you want Rodgers to lead this team......someday.

Comment

• Capt. Jack: This Thread should be moved to the other team's section. This has nothing to do about Broncos football.

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I agree with you. AARON RODGERS is a packer and he is not coming here "thank God". We can close this please lol.

To both of you:
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I would agree to a point, but when I was going to suggest we close it, I realized that he may be up for trade within 7 months or so. Now, that might be too long to keep active of course, but the topic is still relevant to some. Do you want Rodgers to lead this team......someday.
                          But what if we are SB champs in 7 months?
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

But what if we are SB champs in 7 months?
                            Then shut 'er down!!!!!!

Comment

• Shut it down LoL 😂.

Comment

No, I really don't want Aaron Rodgers at 38 years old next year, and around 40 to 50 million dollars a year. I want to try and develop a Young quarterback, or trade for a younger quarterback, with less miles on him.

If we would have got Aaron Rodgers this year that would have been fine with me, but we didn't so the subject is moot.

Comment

Working...
                                X