Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I'm surprised Aaron Rodgers hasn't won more than one Super Bowl in his career.
    Me too. However, maybe he just hasn't been good enough mentally to come through some of his tough playoff losses.
    The guys that end up as the greatest champions are not always the most naturally talented players, but those that know how to win the biggest games.

    It's why Jack Nicklaus has won the most Majors. Tom Brady the most SBs. To me Rodgers in this era is kind of like Severiano Ballesteros. I loved Seve. A genius. But he was never going to win even as many Majors as Nick Faldo, let alone Nicklaus!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

      Me too. However, maybe he just hasn't been good enough mentally to come through some of his tough playoff losses.
      The guys that end up as the greatest champions are not always the most naturally talented players, but those that know how to win the biggest games.

      It's why Jack Nicklaus has won the most Majors. Tom Brady the most SBs. To me Rodgers in this era is kind of like Severiano Ballesteros. I loved Seve. A genius. But he was never going to win even as many Majors as Nick Faldo, let alone Nicklaus!
      I agree, he did have a few good chances and he didn't deliver.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

        Me too. However, maybe he just hasn't been good enough mentally to come through some of his tough playoff losses.
        The guys that end up as the greatest champions are not always the most naturally talented players, but those that know how to win the biggest games.

        It's why Jack Nicklaus has won the most Majors. Tom Brady the most SBs. To me Rodgers in this era is kind of like Severiano Ballesteros. I loved Seve. A genius. But he was never going to win even as many Majors as Nick Faldo, let alone Nicklaus!
        That's ridiculous.

        Brady has more rings because his supporting casts, specifically his perennial top 5-10 D's.

        Rodgers play does more to help his teams then Brady's, it's not his fault he doesn't have nearly the same supporting cast.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

          I agree, he did have a few good chances and he didn't deliver.
          You mean his teams didn't deliver.

          Who had a better game last year in the NFCCG? Who's team made up for their additional mistakes?

          Comment


          • and ten characters.

            Comment


            • This thread is dead. Let's start a new one titled:

              "Aaron Rodgers" What will happen in the next 10 years?
              Utah Bronco Freak

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                This thread is dead. Let's start a new one titled:

                "Aaron Rodgers" What will happen in the next 10 years?
                Haha....I'm good with that. But if we re-title and place it in The NFL forum, no one will visit. Wait, I think that's your objective.

                Comment


                • 981
                  So close to 1000.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aaronitout View Post

                    That's ridiculous.

                    Brady has more rings because his supporting casts, specifically his perennial top 5-10 D's.

                    Rodgers play does more to help his teams then Brady's, it's not his fault he doesn't have nearly the same supporting cast.
                    Brady has more rings because he was unselfish and settled for lesser contracts so they could build championship teams. Also the reason why Manning only won 1 in Indy.....imo.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

                      Brady has more rings because he was unselfish and settled for lesser contracts so they could build championship teams. Also the reason why Manning only won 1 in Indy.....imo.
                      Most people would respond to this by saying Brady can afford to do it because of Gisele.

                      He was making those kind of deals before he ever met her.

                      It certainly played a big role in why the Patriots were able to have the success they had.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                      Comment


                      • Brady is in a league of his own.
                        (Aaron Rodgers is no Tom Brady.)

                        TB 7~ Arod 1

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aaronitout View Post

                          You mean his teams didn't deliver.

                          Who had a better game last year in the NFCCG? Who's team made up for their additional mistakes?
                          Brady is more of a winner than Rodgers. It's a simple as that. Strip away everything else and he still makes more key plays to win games in the playoffs than Rodgers does. I don't like that any more than you do, but that's just the way it is.

                          Even given TB's subpar second half in the NFCCG last season, had his team been a TD or less behind for the whole of the 4th Quarter (as GB were), I suspect he would have found a way to manufacture one.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            Brady is in a league of his own.
                            (Aaron Rodgers is no Tom Brady.)

                            TB 7~ Arod 1
                            Bradys additional rings aren't due to his own (inferior play), they are due to his significantly better, perennial top 5-10 D's. (And cheating)

                            You realize Rodgers worst seasons are better then around half of Brady's career seasons lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

                              Brady is more of a winner than Rodgers. It's a simple as that. Strip away everything else and he still makes more key plays to win games in the playoffs than Rodgers does. I don't like that any more than you do, but that's just the way it is.

                              Even given TB's subpar second half in the NFCCG last season, had his team been a TD or less behind for the whole of the 4th Quarter (as GB were), I suspect he would have found a way to manufacture one.
                              No. He doesn't. His teams make more key plays to support him, and overcome his inferior play compared to Rodgers.

                              Brady had a **** game against GB's D. Had he have been playing TB's D he would have had an even worse game, and it wouldn't have been as close as it was with Rodgers and his superior on field production.

                              Rodgers playoff rating and TD to INT ratio trash Bradys. What, are you saying Brady's INTs help his team more then Rodgers TDs? Brady simply has perennial top 5-10 D's to bail out his inferior production. Nothing more. Rodgers is undeniably the better player in both the regular and postseason, even with significantly inferior supporting casts on the other side of the ball.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X