Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

Broncos havent developed a QB since elway. Id take my chances with Rodgers.
    For those of us who lived through the Elway development I can tell you it was not that smooth. It is one of the big reasons I realize the franchise is just as important as the QB when drafting a young qb high in the draft.

Mahomes is who he is in large part because of Any Reid and the support system he put in place for a young QB to grow. Fans seem to think what Andy did should easily be accomplished by any NFL team but it does not.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Who do we need to get rid of to be able to pay Aaron Rodgers 35 to 40 million? We have supposedly 25 million in salary cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Who do we need to get rid of to be able to pay Aaron Rodgers 35 to 40 million? We have supposedly 25 million in salary cap?
        Not sure who, but I believe they can be accounting creative to some degree.

Comment

I voted sell the farm- you don't get many opportunities to land a QB like that. We can see similar excitement and hopefully similar results that we got when Peyton helped pull us out of the dumpster.

We have loaded up on offensive skill position players the past few drafts and we can add D and OL in rds 2 and beyond. Free agency becomes more productive as well when you have a destination players want to go to (or stay with).

It's pretty exciting to think about the possibility

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
            I voted sell the farm- you don't get many opportunities to land a QB like that. We can see similar excitement and hopefully similar results that we got when Peyton helped pull us out of the dumpster.

We have loaded up on offensive skill position players the past few drafts and we can add D and OL in rds 2 and beyond. Free agency becomes more productive as well when you have a destination players want to go to (or stay with).

It's pretty exciting to think about the possibility
            It's exciting to me for sure!

If someone were to ask which QB was the safer pick - Manning or Rodgers, I would go Rodgers. Manning's injury was concerning. Many were stating that one bad hit and he's done. He did actually have issues in the cold weather if you recall. But whatever he lacked, he gave us so much more.

But Rodgers looks to be in a pretty good shape. And he's still very hungry. Of course the key difference is the cost in draft capital/players(??). But just from a player vs player perspective, Rodgers is the lesser risk if I could compare the two, at the same stage of potential transition.

Comment

Of course the thought is exciting. As it should be. But this discussion is not “ player for player”.

Manning was a free agent with significant injury risk. He was signed for $20m yr.

Rodgers is likely going to take multiple high picks, potentially a couple quality young foundation players and an extension in the $35m range if we accept the “market value” being presented so far. Also OC / system fit. Rodgers willing to cooperate or Defensive es he need his own guy? Another cost to the organization.

All effects the overall team and competitive expectations.

We can argue about what is a reasonable or a sell the farm price. But it has to be considered as apart of the risk and discussion. That is uniquely a Rodgers issue.

Exciting to think about but not as easy a decision to pay such a steep price.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Of course the thought is exciting. As it should be. But this discussion is not “ player for player”.

Manning was a free agent with significant injury risk. He was signed for $20m yr.

Rodgers is likely going to take multiple high picks, potentially a couple quality young foundation players and an extension in the $35m range if we accept the “market value” being presented so far. Also OC / system fit. Rodgers willing to cooperate or Defensive es he need his own guy? Another cost to the organization.

We can argue about what is a reasonable or a sell the farm price. But it has to be considered as apart of the risk and discussion. That is uniquely a Rodgers issue.

I think you are quoting me. Here goes, I simply stated that it is exciting to be even in consideration because a motivated Rodgers, even with lost capital/players, gives us a much better chance at a crown....now.

The player for player commentary relates the fact that Manning was a great addition, but he was in fact a bigger health risk. But had we not had Elway chasing him down, we would not have had the experience....and it was a great one! So given Manning's higher risk factor, Rodgers makes even more sense in terms of one on one HoFamers.

I did state: Of course the key difference is the cost in draft capital/players(??). Yes, it is not a one on one situation in that regard. But in terms of who would have been the wiser choice on paper, if both were placed side by side, I'd go Rodgers, and pay the associated price. But even at that, my more exciting point is that yes, I wanted Manning then and I want Rodgers now. I would be glad if we had to pay market price for Rodgers, and even a little more.

Two great QBs, and hopefully both end their careers in Denver.....with rings to show for it!

Comment

Everyone that see's my posts know that I am a STOUT Drew Lock supporter. Surprisingly, I voted bring Rogers in at competitive market value. I go back to when we had Tebow, who gave me one heck of an exciting season....and hopes that he would improve on the playoff appearance he gave us, and I was conflicted with being excited for Manning. Well, that one worked out ok ...............{ Though, I still wonder if we could have developed Tebow / he really didn't look that bad when he was trying to make the Eagles squad in preseason, making solid passes but - that's another story } Anyway, .....putting Rogers on our team COULD bring us a trophy, and that is the goal.....what to do with Drew ? He's still on the rookie contract this year, we could keep him as the back up in case A Rogers gets hurt - then he could show his stuff....but what would we do then at the end of the year, if he never gets to show his stuff and Rogers gets us deep in the playoffs, but not to the promised land. Again, that's a worry for another time. Bring Rogers aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    Well James just helped clear another 10mil

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Well James just helped clear another 10mil
                      We could trade Von to the Packers and a Couple picks, that would help with the cap.
                      I really don't like the idea of trading picks for a 37 year old QB.
                      If we could get 5 years of good football out of him, It would be worth a pick or two.
                      But for 2 or 3 years, I would be careful how many picks I would use.

Comment

• Sell “the farm”. Rodgers is a little offbeat (so what- so was Beethoven)- but he is an all-time great w/gas clearly still in the tank- and the last time he had some serious weapons- he won the SB. Fangio- who I suspect Rodgers respects- can handle the D, and largely stay out of his way (a la Fox and Manning). He’d also have Elway as an advocate in the building (albeit in a different role).

Perhaps some of our young assets would be going the other way (hopefully more picks than players)- but in general, w/5 years of picking relatively high- the roster is ready to win now. Go chase the Lombardi for a few years- and worry about down the road down the road. For better or worse- it’s what this org. does well.

At the end of the day, been a Broncos fan since 1986- and the years we had Elway or Manning vs the years we didn’t say it all...
                        Last edited by Southern Bronco; 05-04-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Denver has never won the SB with a "young" QB. With Rodgers, a player and 3 first round picks is hard, but if you believe he gets you to a AFC championships, Super Bowl, you aren't picking high in rd 1. We are in a bind if he was not able to play or we are not as successful obviously. Here's hoping we get a chance to make a deal for Rodgers

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                            The Broncos have only had 5 competent quarterbacks in their history and they only one they developed was Elway, and we didn't even draft him:
                            Frank Tripucka
                            Craig Morton
                            John Elway
                            Jake Plummer
                            Peyton Manning

Tripucka, Morton, Plummer, and Manning were already seasoned veterans when they got here. When we draft and try to develop a guy we end up with Drew Lock, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow, Brian Griese...
                            To be fair, Cutler was a Pro Bowler with his career in front of him when he was traded. Certainly competent (IMHO)- if only for a brief time period.

That said, I agree with your point. An accomplished, seasoned hand > “developing” a QB. 9 times out of 10- if you’re still developing someone at year 3- you don’t have a QB [which is what makes Lock a challenging case- as he’s at that point now/shown some flashes, would be interesting to see what he would do this year, but not so interesting (IMHO) as to pass on a shot at Rodgers].
                            Last edited by Southern Bronco; 05-05-2021, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

What if Vegas (as rumored) is the other team in the mix? One of us will be confronted w/facing Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert minimum 6 times a year next 3-5 years. That’s where I put the “For Sale” sign on the farm...
                              Last edited by Southern Bronco; 05-05-2021, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                                I think the Broncos are instantly Super Bowl contenders if they land Rodgers, so yes. He's the reigning MVP, the defense is loaded, and there is a lot of talent on offense as well. This is another turn-key scenario like the one Manning stepped into. Peyton led us to 4 division titles, 2 conference titles, and 1 Super Bowl title in 4 seasons. I realize by the end he was a shell of himself, but you can't say signing him didn't pay off. And, unlike Peyton, Rodgers is not coming off an extremely serious neck injury.
                                The thing that is missing from that story however is that we did not give up players, we did not give up picks and his contract was not extreme.
                                We took a chance on Manning's health that could have backfired, but other than that no one except the Tampa Bay Bucks have ever been gifted such a favorable deal.
                                Rogers will be expensive both in money, players and picks, unlike what the situation was with Peyton

Comment

Working...
                                X