Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    Being completely ignorant of how things work in the NFL, I have a question related to a story I read.
    The story spoke about AR holding out or even retiring if he wasn't traded,
    My question is -- if he retires, could he come out of retirement to play for Denver? Would this mean, Denver wouldn't have to give up anything for him?
    Thanks for reading!!
    I think as long as his final contract was still with the Packers, the Packers would retain his rights. I remember there being discussion about it when Luck retired.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Being completely ignorant of how things work in the NFL, I have a question related to a story I read.
      My question is -- if he retires, could he come out of retirement to play for Denver? Would this mean, Denver wouldn't have to give up anything for him?
      Thanks for reading!!
      Here's one issue:

“If Aaron Rodgers retires (to host Jeopardy or just retire), he would have to repay the team $11.5M this year and $11.5M if he remains retired next year — all from his signing bonus,” NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport tweeted Friday. “Unless the situation is repaired to his liking, this is a serious consideration.”

Comment

• It would be interesting to see what the Packers do if Rodgers filed retirement papers.

Are they happy with the 11.5 + 11.5 mil or do they trade him in hopes of getting some talent for their football team. If they force Rodgers to pay back the 23 mil and do not trade him then imo they just proving Rodgers right for doing what he did as they obviously do not want to improve their football team once it becomes obvious Rodgers is willing to pay 23 mil to not be in Green Bay.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Thanks for reading!!
          Yes (and kind of no). Green Bay would still own his rights until his contract is up in a couple years. When Gronk came out of retirement to go to TB, New England still had his rights so TB had to trade for him.

Aaron retiring would however force GB to choose whether to reclaim the money he owes them or trade him I'd think.

Comment

• According to ESPN's Rob Demovsky, Green Bay is upset that teams may have contacted Rodgers to gauge whether or not he'd be interested in playing for them if they ultimately made a push to acquire him. The San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos are believed to be some of the teams that the Packers are miffed at as it relates to possible tampering.
            https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...qb-per-report/

Comment

• I uhhhhh really hope if that happened they can't prove it

lol

Comment

• About 85% seem to like the idea of trading for Rodgers, based on our poll. I found it interesting that Samparnell would "sell the farm" for Rodgers. I am nearly there, competitive market price plus a little more if need be. But I am not far off "sell the farm", pending definition. I mean there's this:

and then there's:

Anyway...we are close on this one Sam.

Comment

• So one NFL Exec, whose name was not stated, says it will take 2 1sts and a 2nd. Show me where to sign!!! My goodness, each of those picks will be almost a round late, given I have little doubt we will be picking much closer to the end of each round!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    So one NFL Exec, whose name was not stated, says it will take 2 1sts and a 2nd. Show me where to sign!!! My goodness, each of those picks will be almost a round late, given I have little doubt we will be picking much closer to the end of each round!!

And cant we agree on the trade but execute on June 1st? 25 days Can, 25 days!!!!!!
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• I am Coming around to the idea of going after Rodgers!

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

And cant we agree on the trade but execute on June 1st? 25 days Can, 25 days!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          I am Coming around to the idea of going after Rodgers!
                          Never too late pal!!!

Comment

About 85% seem to like the idea of trading for Rodgers, based on our poll. I found it interesting that Samparnell would "sell the farm" for Rodgers. I am nearly there, competitive market price plus a little more if need be. But I am not far off "sell the farm", pending definition. I mean there's this:
                            He's old he needs to sell it before he buys it I'm sorry Sam the joke was too good I'm weak

Two firsts and a second seems just absolutely nutter butters. Here I am offering 3 1sts and players. If that turns out to be the asking price and we *don't* get this done asap my new found love for Mr. Paton is going to evaporate very quickly.

Just continuing conversation but what do ya'll think about packing Jerry Jeudy into this trade? WR is a big need for GB and I'm not sure we get big time value from anyone else. I believe Seth Williams pushes both DHam and KJHam down the depth chart sooner or later (I love my Penn State boys but the writing is on the wall). Maybe GB doesn't leave 2 firsts and a first round WR on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post

He's old he needs to sell it before he buys it I'm sorry Sam the joke was too good I'm weak

Two firsts and a second seems just absolutely nutter butters. Here I am offering 3 1sts and players. If that turns out to be the asking price and we *don't* get this done asap my new found love for Mr. Paton is going to evaporate very quickly.

Just continuing conversation but what do ya'll think about packing Jerry Jeudy into this trade? WR is a big need for GB and I'm not sure we get big time value from anyone else. I believe Seth Williams pushes both DHam and KJHam down the depth chart sooner or later (I love my Penn State boys but the writing is on the wall). Maybe GB doesn't leave 2 firsts and a first round WR on the table.
                              I sense a lot of folks here prefer to just give up picks, though I see no reason to keep both Drew and Teddy, if GB even wanted one of them. They would be wise to take Drew for example, because Love is not a guarantee, whereas Drew has won a number of games as a starter, and he is young. He could grow.

For me, if you acquire Rodgers, you keep Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler and Fant. Weapons!! And players he could maximize in terms of production.

So it's a QB if GB wants one, and/or a player, perhaps a CB. Folks want us to keep Surtain, but if he reduced the ask significantly, we might be wise to consider. We are in a good CB situation. But I have a feeling that our D guys will not let that happen.

And to step back, if all we had to give was 2 1sts and a 2nd, just do it!!! We should have later picks, and there's always Free Agency to fill in any cracks.

Comment

I sense a lot of folks here prefer to just give up picks, though I see no reason to keep both Drew and Teddy, if GB even wanted one of them. They would be wise to take Drew for example, because Love is not a guarantee, whereas Drew has won a number of games as a starter, and he is young. He could grow.

For me, if you acquire Rodgers, you keep Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler and Fant. Weapons!! And players he could maximize in terms of production.

So it's a QB if GB wants one, and/or a player, perhaps a CB. Folks want us to keep Surtain, but if he reduced the ask significantly, we might be wise to consider. We are in a good CB situation. But I have a feeling that our D guys will not let that happen.

And to step back, if all we had to give was 2 1sts and a 2nd, just do it!!! We should have later picks, and there's always Free Agency to fill in any cracks.
                                With Surtain you kind of address your own question about CB. Why trade a #9 high quality CB to save a speculated mid/ late 20s 1st rd pick? I would rather have Surtain.

Just me, but I would be very selective of which players I would include. Trimming the roster too much and creating roster holes to be filled by later picks or minimal available dollars in free agency. Surtain is a potential AllPro on a rookie contract for most of the time Rodgers is expected to play.

Picks and a couple depth players would be my preference. One of the QBs, yes. No starters.

Comment

Working...
                                X