Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Poll It....Do You Want Aaron Rodgers To Lead The Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Yea....after he posts bond and waits for his trial(s). I wonder how annoying it is wearing an ankle monitor during practice and games?
    I can just see it....

"Where are you? We lost you!"

"Turn on the game. I'm wearing #4."

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    Stick with Lock or BridgeQB and pick up Watson half way through the season when he is a FA
    Yea....after he posts bond and waits for his trial(s). I wonder how annoying it is wearing an ankle monitor during practice and games?

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It is possible for Rodgers to be a bad teammate and still be a great quarterback.

Whether he is or is not a bad teammate only his teammates can really know. A lot of them won’t say he is a bad teammate even if he is.

The ones that have said negative things don’t have to be jealous in order to say those things.

The fans will take whatever side suits them. If things go bad in Green Bay, they will either blame the organization or they will blame Rodgers.

Well sure, anything is POSSIBLE. He could be a peeping tom, stalker, a animal abuser, etc. He just doesn't strike me as having any personally issues that would make him not liked by any team mates. Perhaps a bit stand-offish to some and if so......pfffff....
    I couldn't care less what his teammates think of him. They can go to the HOF in the near future and wish they were looking at their bust instead of his.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Yes... tbh I posted in jest. I just want to imagine a scenario where firstly we dont sell the farm for Rogers, but rather hope that eventually Watsons situation resolves itself (to the extent of an old Scottish verdict of unproven) and there's a mutual parting of ways so Watson can start afresh somewhere else. Just spitballing in the absence of any news.. its dog days for sure.
    Cool....I wasn't sure how that plays out. I guess I'll recline from this part of the discussion and stick with my obvious hopes for Rodgers. Yes, then for Drew and Teddy.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Interesting. Fill me in if you can, when would he likely be a FA based on how things are going?
    Yes... tbh I posted in jest. I just want to imagine a scenario where firstly we dont sell the farm for Rogers, but rather hope that eventually Watsons situation resolves itself (to the extent of an old Scottish verdict of unproven) and there's a mutual parting of ways so Watson can start afresh somewhere else. Just spitballing in the absence of any news.. its dog days for sure.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Stick with Lock or BridgeQB and pick up Watson half way through the season when he is a FA
    Interesting. Fill me in if you can, when would he likely be a FA based on how things are going?

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    Its PR from the pack. They can't just trade a mvp player and downgrade. The gm will get nailed! But you smear Rodgers enough get the fans to turn on him, want him out, its a lit easier to move to the new qb, especially if he has growing pains.

All this is is PR and excellent news because it makes the trade that more likely. No one can show up to Aaron's birthday for all I care. As long as he plays qb here thats all we need to worry about.
    If so, that along with leaving him out of leadership discussions of any sort makes me wonder even more about the management team in GB. They should be careful, because the longer this goes, the less Rodgers becomes the villain, because there are a lot of football players/experts who will not only defend his position, but chastise the GB management for their out of date style, and possibly even their inability to sense the true temperature within their own walls.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Its PR from the pack. They can't just trade a mvp player and downgrade. The gm will get nailed! But you smear Rodgers enough get the fans to turn on him, want him out, its a lit easier to move to the new qb, especially if he has growing pains.

All this is is PR and excellent news because it makes the trade that more likely. No one can show up to Aaron's birthday for all I care. As long as he plays qb here thats all we need to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

It is possible for Rodgers to be a bad teammate and still be a great quarterback.

Whether he is or is not a bad teammate only his teammates can really know. A lot of them won’t say he is a bad teammate even if he is.

The ones that have said negative things don’t have to be jealous in order to say those things.

The fans will take whatever side suits them. If things go bad in Green Bay, they will either blame the organization or they will blame Rodgers.

So are you still saying he's disliked by many teammates, or you are not sure? Your statement is kind of generic given what I get from you in other posts. Maybe it's all part of the overall feeling you have towards us acquiring him.

The majority here want Rodgers, at the lowest level, at competitive market value. Many would sell the farm as well. Which is a lot of capital, therefore we must really want him. But there a number of folks here who clearly have issues with us even pursuing him. At times I think you are one of them, and yet you voted to acquire him at competitive market value.

So you must want him, correct? Even if he is not the most well liked mate.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

I agree. I believe in most team environments there will always be one or two maybe several players that don't care for the teams high end, top quality teammate.

Jealousy perhaps? Who knows or better yet, who cares. I've always viewed Rodgers to be a good dude, Montana type class.

Maybe a little too laid back but it's easy to interpret that as cool, IMO. GB is very fortunate to have him and he should be treated like a cheese head God.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

I agree. I believe in most team environments there will always be one or two maybe several players that don't care for the teams high end, top quality teammate.

Jealousy perhaps? Who knows or better yet, who cares. I've always viewed Rodgers to be a good dude, Montana type class.

Maybe a little too laid back but it's easy to interpret that as cool, IMO. GB is very fortunate to have him and he should be treated like a cheese head God.
    Yes jazz...GB should extend Rodgers some evidence of their appreciation for him, who is still the #1 reason they could win a SB this season, and maybe for the next few. Examples given are so seemingly easy. Ask him who he likes as receivers that are still out there. Go get the player he really sees as a good fit. Or maybe tell him your O plans, and if he would like to provide some basic input. Don't give him the keys to the Ferrari, rather some nice A/C or heated seats, when they are needed.

If anything, this style of management might be the reason some quality players would not be interested in going there. I am still confused how a 2021 organization has such a weak grasp on how to show simple, well earned respect to their top dog. Their ticket. If anything it sounds arrogant, insecure and out of touch, if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I think this bad teammate stuff is clearly being over-exhausted in this whole scenario. In fact, if someone here does not want Rodgers, fine. But please don't make him out to be some super villain, cuz he's not.

Yes, for any team interested, and that's IF he becomes available, he will be worth some relative assessment, but he's definitely worth it if the trade discussion remains within the range I keep hearing. We are talking instant credibility and high potential for a good playoff run. You can NOT expect that with what we have. In fact, we may not have what it takes, meaning it may require yet another QB overhaul. Sooner or later one has to wake up and smell the coffee!! Or possibly accept another few years of rotating QBs.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

The idea that Rodgers is a bad teammate isn’t new news.

It’s been indicated in years past.

This clearly isn’t about not getting a heads up. There appears to be more than just one thing. One of those things is clearly that the Packers drafted a quarterback.

Any team that wants to trade for Rodgers is going to have to decide if he’s worth it. Is he going to fit within the team dynamics? Most teams would probably think that he is worth it.

If the Broncos trade for him, I hope they don’t give up the farm to do it.

I think this bad teammate stuff is clearly being over-exhausted in this whole scenario. In fact, if someone here does not want Rodgers, fine. But please don't make him out to be some super villain, cuz he's not.

Yes, for any team interested, and that's IF he becomes available, he will be worth some relative assessment, but he's definitely worth it if the trade discussion remains within the range I keep hearing. We are talking instant credibility and high potential for a good playoff run. You can NOT expect that with what we have. In fact, we may not have what it takes, meaning it may require yet another QB overhaul. Sooner or later one has to wake up and smell the coffee!! Or possibly accept another few years of rotating QBs.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

What “premium picks”? If Broncos make the jump so many are predicting the picks become late 1st and 2nd rounders. Wouldn’t GB benefit from waiting until next off season to get more teams and better picks? Potentially top 10 picks?

It would be a PR nightmare for GB to have Rodgers sitting all season but financially and draft value… no comparison. GB either shows patience or they get a worse deal.

Funny how no one is mentioning the article from yesterday that cites how “ selfish” Rodgers is as a teammate and not all find him to be the best teammate in many opinions. Not an issue in the long run except it gives an peek at what to expect if he makes his way to Dove Valley.

I'm still predicting he stays in GB. All will be resolved with no camp and a mega extension. He starts Game 1 in GB.
    I say he will NOT retire and stays in GB but he might just decide to sit on the bench and watch how Love pans out.

That said, I believe like you, he starts game one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X