Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Bridgewater thread

I figured that Teddy Bridgewater deserves his own thread! He is only 28 years old and he doesn't have that many miles on him. If his knee holds up, he is a pretty talented quarterback. He can actually play six or seven more years.
    https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Agreed, definitely a significant upgrade at #2 QB over what we had by a bunch. Really hoping Drew turns that corner this year, I think he will. The draft really helped in a lot of areas of need, I see a well rounded team hitting the field this year.
    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
      Agreed, definitely a significant upgrade at #2 QB over what we had by a bunch. Really hoping Drew turns that corner this year, I think he will. The draft really helped in a lot of areas of need, I see a well rounded team hitting the field this year.
      I feel the same way.
      I hope Drew has a great year, but if he doesn't improve or gets hurt , I think TB can win some football games for us?
      I don't really care who is our QB as long as he can move the chains, score some points and win some games.
      Keep the turnovers down, and manage the game successfully!
      ( I Think TB can do this for us?)

Comment

Teddy will try to beat Drew Lock out to start. Paton said they wanted to bring in competition at the QB position, and Teddy will provide that. He's an experienced former starting QB who has familiarity with Pat Shurmur. IMO it's a good thing that Drew has been working so hard in the offseason. In the event Driskel is released, Teddy will have cost Denver a 6th round pick and c. $500k.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Did not see the presser but it was reported Vic said Teddy and Lock have equal chance to win the job this year. He definitely deserves a thread.

To me I personally think Lock has more upside but I never look into any other QB like I do Bronco QBs. It will be interesting to see Teddy play this year.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I like Teddy. Always felt he had potential. His career has taken some unfortunate turns, worst being the injury to his knees, but when he’s played he usually looks good more than he looks bad.

Last year was pretty mediocre for him, but the Panthers didn’t have much talent around him. He won’t be lacking for playmakers here, so if he can start, he should get a chance to show if he can be a legit starting QB. He did darn good being a placeholder for Brees in New Orleans, going 5-0. If Lock struggles, I’m glad we have a Bridgewater to turn to to keep the ship steady.

With the defense in its 3rd year under Fangio and loaded up with young talent, I honestly think a QB like Teddy can at the very least keep us in the playoff conversation. I would hope Lock can take a huge step in his development and become a franchise guy, but last year was very, very disappointing. At the present moment, I’d have to say I’m more excited to see what Teddy can do with this offense than Lock.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Did not see the presser but it was reported Vic said Teddy and Lock have equal chance to win the job this year. He definitely deserves a thread.

To me I personally think Lock has more upside but I never look into any other QB like I do Bronco QBs. It will be interesting to see Teddy play this year.
              This. This. This. This here is my issue with what they are doing. This is the talking out of both sides of your mouth that is frustrating to follow (not you Hadez, I’m referring to the Broncos coaches and front office). If they believed in Drew Lock they wouldn’t make him split time as the number 1 with Bridgewater. Nobody who was ever “happy with their quarterback room” ever said the words “open competition”. That’s not how you develop your young franchise guy (if that’s what he is). And if you don’t believe in him, then you just missed a chance to draft top ten talent to upgrade that.

This is exactly the kind of “lets straddle the fence” move that keeps you just good enough to perhaps be mediocre. Commit or don’t to Drew Lock, but don’t wallow in purgatory.
              Last edited by Humberg; 05-02-2021, 01:42 PM.
              To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

I actually want teddy to win the job if the likes of Aaron Rodgers doesn't get signed. With how good our D will be we need a QB who won't turn the ball over. Good run game with ball protection from the QB will equal to more wins

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

This. This. This. This here is my issue with what they are doing. This is the talking out of both sides of your mouth that is frustrating to follow (not you Hadez, I’m referring to the Broncos coaches and front office). If they believed in Drew Lock they wouldn’t make him split time as the number 1 with Bridgewater. Nobody who was ever “happy with their quarterback room” ever said the words “open competition”. That’s not how you develop your young franchise guy (if that’s what he is). And if you don’t believe in him, then you just missed a chance to draft top ten talent to upgrade that.

This is exactly the kind of “lets straddle the fence” move that keeps you just good enough to perhaps be mediocre. Commit or don’t to Drew Lock, but don’t wallow in purgatory.
                  You can’t say you’re happy with your starter if he puts up the numbers Lock did last year. No they didn’t bring Bridgewater in if Lock is the unquestionable starter. I’m sure they believe Lock still has some untapped potential, but there’s no way we were going into the upcoming season with Lock as the unquestioned starter. That absolutely wasn’t happening.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

He has compiled some respectable stats so far in his career.

Comment

I was so high on Teddy back when he was coming out of Louisville, I had projected him to go #1 in the draft to Houston in 2014.

Obviously his pro career has been much more whelming. I do want him to succeed and if he beats out Lock for the starting job then he must have done something right. I watched a couple of his games last season and that man is almost Peyton Manning-like pre-snap. There were numerous times where he almost ran out of time on the play clock because he was making a ton of checks and adjusting protections based on the pre-snap look. Teddy doesn't have great arm strength, but his accuracy is solid. He's conservative with the football and tries not to turn the ball over. What's interesting about adding Teddy to the QB room is that he is basically the opposite of Lock when it comes to play styles, so it will be intriguing to see how both respond this offseason and who can get the most out of Shurmur's system.
                      https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        I was so high on Teddy back when he was coming out of Louisville, I had projected him to go #1 in the draft to Houston in 2014.

Obviously his pro career has been much more whelming. I do want him to succeed and if he beats out Lock for the starting job then he must have done something right. I watched a couple of his games last season and that man is almost Peyton Manning-like pre-snap. There were numerous times where he almost ran out of time on the play clock because he was making a ton of checks and adjusting protections based on the pre-snap look. Teddy doesn't have great arm strength, but his accuracy is solid. He's conservative with the football and tries not to turn the ball over. What's interesting about adding Teddy to the QB room is that he is basically the opposite of Lock when it comes to play styles, so it will be intriguing to see how both respond this offseason and who can get the most out of Shurmur's system.
                        I'm hoping that Bridgewater embarrasses Lock in practice with a mental ability that is superior to Lock's, urging Lock to up that part of his game. This is the way that Bridgewater can function as a mentor. Maybe it will help Lock to watch someone do it. I think Rypien has the same kind of mentality when playing but maybe it will be more effective coming from an established vet player. With an added threat of Bridgewater potentially taking Lock's job away if he doesn't get it.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I get what you are saying. I have herd former players call for someone to research stats on how well teams with QB battles have done as they think it divides the locker room just by the nature of who QBs try to be in terms of leaders of the team.

All I can say about it is the Broncos tried to make Lock the 100% for sure starter last year and it did not work out. He did better when he was competing behind Flacco.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Good news is Teddy won every game he started last year where the opponent was held to 21 points or less. We just need a defense that can do that regularly
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                              Good news is Teddy won every game he started last year where the opponent was held to 21 points or less. We just need a defense that can do that regularly
                              They managed to do it in 4 last season - Broncos went 2-2 in those games.

Comment

Working...
                              X