Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Bridgewater got away with another INT on a penalty.

Has anyone noticed how often he sails the ball high? Gordon was lucky he wasn’t injured snagging the ball on a high ball placement. Seems like he compensates for lack of arm strength by floating the ball high.
    Every QB has missed/dropped INTs. If you are going to count them for one QB, count them for every QB. Actually the QB with the most dropped INTs I ever saw was John Elway because he threw the ball so hard and defensive players struggled to catch his throws.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 11-10-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

That’s quite the sugar coat. The simplest explanation is Teddy Bridgewater need everything to be perfect around him in order to look like a average starting QB. Teddy Bridgewater is a good backup, nothing more.
      Wrong. The "simplest" explanation is to accept the facts as facts and not feel a need to spin them. Teddy is out-performing expectations and unless you can show me your predictions of you betting the "over" on Teddy, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter how good or bad Teddy is. The point is he is doing better than people like you thought he would, and you can't admit it.

Did you think Teddy would have 14 TDs half way though the season, when his previous season high was 15 TDs for a season? No spin, just a simple yes or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

It's a vertical centric offense, and Bridge has to throw early and with anticipation to get the ball in. It's going to happen. If you're playing tight end or the possession receiver role with Brady, getting smoked is part of your job description.
        You didn’t answer the question. You referenced murder balls over the middle. Where was Hamler when he caught the ball and was injured?

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Wrong. The "simplest" explanation is to accept the facts as facts and not feel a need to spin them. Teddy is out-performing expectations and unless you can show me your predictions of you betting the "over" on Teddy, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter how good or bad Teddy is. The point is he is doing better than people like you thought he would, and you can't admit it.

Did you think Teddy would have 14 TDs half way though the season, when his previous season high was 15 TDs for a season? No spin, just a simple yes or no?
          Did you think Teddy would have 26 sacks, nearly as many as his high of 31 in a an entire season? Just a simple yes or no.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Every QB has missed/dropped INTs. If you are going to count them for one QB, count them for every QB. Actually the QB with the most dropped INTs I ever saw was John Elway because he threw the ball so hard and defensive players struggled to catch his throws.
            That wasn’t a missed/dropped INT.

Comment

• I am happy that we are 5-4 and TB is playing decent!
              Wouldn't it be great if TB and the Broncos could do the same thing the second half of the season?

Comment

• Bridgewater went from horrible to elite QB in a span of four games.

Comment

You didn’t answer the question. You referenced murder balls over the middle. Where was Hamler when he caught the ball and was injured?

Explain to me why you think it matters, and then explain how my post doesn't already address that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Explain to me why you think it matters, and then explain how my post doesn't already address that.
                    You’re avoiding answering the question.

Comment

Did you think Teddy would have 26 sacks, nearly as many as his high of 31 in a an entire season? Just a simple yes or no.
                      There are so many variables involved that it might not be too much on Teddy. Here's a quick comparison of some decent QBs. Pass attempts per sack:

Burrow - 11.4
                      Jackson - 11.1
                      Bridgewater - 11.0
                      Tannehill - 10,7
                      Mayfield - 9.4
                      Fields - 6.4

Fields is not of comparable value just yet, but thought I'd show his stat. He clearly has some maturing to do when it comes to decision-making etc. Mayfield is a hard bird to understand, going from good to not so good, sometimes weekly. So his is not good, and I am not surprised.

Tannehill should be better. The Titans rely on Henry, so you'd think he could avoid loads of pressure, when he throws the ball. Plus he's known as a pass option QB in Tennessee, which usually gives you time to get rid of it. Possibly his pass blockers are part of the equation as well.

Jackson's makes some sense, because he often gets tackled just before the line of scrimmage, as he looks for running room. Then again, he can throw and he can run.

Burrow is likely suffering from a less than optimum Oline. Plus he seems like the type to hang in longer, seeking out long pass opportunities.

As for Teddy, is it on him, or is part of it because of the Oline and other protectors. And look back at Casual's post about Teddy's tendency not to dump the ball off like some of the best QBs. It appears by those stats that he is hanging in to make more yardage. And IMO, with Jeudy back, expect more of same, but more completions as well.

Comment

The Hamler throw was absolutely a murder ball. He had three defenders in his area too. Not sure what Teddy was thinking there when he had an open TE in the flat.

However, the problem with what you’re saying is that the throw itself wasn’t a super floaty ball. It was a normal strike with decent zip on a deep corner route (outside post?). It was purely a terrible decision to throw it to our 5’9” WR in a situation where there was a corner already playing outside leverage and closed in on the ball and smacked Hamler in the process.

Comment

• This thread is going to get fun when Teddy Bridgewater gets dumped next week in Philly lol
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                            The Hamler throw was absolutely a murder ball. He had three defenders in his area too. Not sure what Teddy was thinking there when he had an open TE in the flat.

However, the problem with what you’re saying is that the throw itself wasn’t a super floaty ball. It was a normal strike with decent zip on a deep corner route (outside post?). It was purely a terrible decision to throw it to our 5’9” WR in a situation where there was a corner already playing outside leverage and closed in on the ball and smacked Hamler in the process.
                            Oh it was a murder ball alright, however it wasn’t over the middle. I’ll differ a bit on whether or not he sailed that ball, IMO he did because as we’ve agreed he doesn’t have the arm strength to get the ball to a receiver with the necessary velocity in some situations. In that case it was partly a bad decision and poor throw - again just how I saw it.

A better example was the pass to Gordon this past Sunday. When I saw that pass I held my breath thinking Gordon was going to come down awkward. Fortunately the defender upended Gordon so he didn’t come down at a bad angle for his knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              This thread is going to get fun when Teddy Bridgewater gets dumped next week in Philly lol
                              The Broncos are going to beat the Eagles because my excitement for the possibility of 9 wins goes away if they lose.

My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

You’re avoiding answering the question.
                                Of course I know that you're trying to troll me. I don't care if they were standing on the moon when TJ Ward took out Gronkowski or Godwin suffered that concussion. I was obviously pointing out the two specific locations where Brady likes to get his receivers killed. If you think that's somehow better than trying to anticipate throws to beat the defense to a spot down the sideline, you go ahead with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X