Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    This thread is going to get fun when Teddy Bridgewater gets dumped next week in Philly lol
    Do you mean "in Philly", or did you mean to say, "against Philly"? It is "in Denver".

    FTR...the NFL Network has a "start 'em" besides Teddy's name.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

      There are so many variables involved that it might not be too much on Teddy. Here's a quick comparison of some decent QBs. Pass attempts per sack:

      Burrow - 11.4
      Jackson - 11.1
      Bridgewater - 11.0
      Tannehill - 10,7
      Mayfield - 9.4
      Fields - 6.4

      Fields is not of comparable value just yet, but thought I'd show his stat. He clearly has some maturing to do when it comes to decision-making etc. Mayfield is a hard bird to understand, going from good to not so good, sometimes weekly. So his is not good, and I am not surprised.

      Tannehill should be better. The Titans rely on Henry, so you'd think he could avoid loads of pressure, when he throws the ball. Plus he's known as a pass option QB in Tennessee, which usually gives you time to get rid of it. Possibly his pass blockers are part of the equation as well.

      Jackson's makes some sense, because he often gets tackled just before the line of scrimmage, as he looks for running room. Then again, he can throw and he can run.

      Burrow is likely suffering from a less than optimum Oline. Plus he seems like the type to hang in longer, seeking out long pass opportunities.

      As for Teddy, is it on him, or is part of it because of the Oline and other protectors. And look back at Casual's post about Teddy's tendency not to dump the ball off like some of the best QBs. It appears by those stats that he is hanging in to make more yardage. And IMO, with Jeudy back, expect more of same, but more completions as well.


      Agree there are a ton of variables and nice breakdown of several QBs. Bridgewater has a tendency to hold on too long in many instances. Instead of using his athleticism to escape pressure he casually goes backwards and takes a sack. For his experience he should more often either escape the pocket, step up or throw the ball away. Multiple times I’ve seen open receivers over the middle and instead of throwing to a spot he hesitates and takes a sack. The opposite was his pass to Hinton last Sunday which was a good play.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

        Agree there are a ton of variables and nice breakdown of several QBs. Bridgewater has a tendency to hold on too long in many instances. Instead of using his athleticism to escape pressure he casually goes backwards and takes a sack. For his experience he should more often either escape the pocket, step up or throw the ball away. Multiple times I’ve seen open receivers over the middle and instead of throwing to a spot he hesitates and takes a sack. The opposite was his pass to Hinton last Sunday which was a good play.
        I just don't think his sack numbers are representative of having a bad year. I know what we got in this guy, but I also appreciate his overall production this year, given all those who are down on him.

        And the fact he is not the dink and dunk guy that some think, which by the way has worked well for a number of star QBs, makes me respect him a bit more because he is not playing it safe like the "game manager" crowd want us to believe.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

          Of course I know that you're trying to troll me. I don't care if they were standing on the moon when TJ Ward took out Gronkowski or Godwin suffered that concussion. I was obviously pointing out the two specific locations where Brady likes to get his receivers killed. If you think that's somehow better than trying to anticipate throws to beat the defense to a spot down the sideline, you go ahead with that.
          Now you’re talking about totally unrelated players to avoid answering a simple question. I’ll assume you didn’t see the play Hamler was injured on. Perhaps you should watch the play.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

            Now you’re talking about totally unrelated players to avoid answering a simple question. I’ll assume you didn’t see the play Hamler was injured on. Perhaps you should watch the play.
            Clearly I have seen the play, and I already knew that was what you were implying. Even if Bridgewater knew he was putting Hamler in harm's way, which he very well may have, it doesn't change the point of my original post. This is about more than that though. You're angry, and now you're wasting our time.

            Comment


            • TB is bound to have ups and downs, good games and bad games.
              I think we have to reserve judgment until the end of the season, or we are eliminated from earning a playoff spot?

              I am happy for TB, the Broncos team, Fangio and the staff.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

                Clearly I have seen the play, and I already knew that was what you were implying. Even if Bridgewater knew he was putting Hamler in harm's way, which he very well may have, it doesn't change the point of my original post. This is about more than that though. You're angry, and now you're wasting our time.
                Well then clearly you avoided answering a simple question with a lot of unrelated comments about another quarterback and receivers.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                  I just don't think his sack numbers are representative of having a bad year. I know what we got in this guy, but I also appreciate his overall production this year, given all those who are down on him.

                  And the fact he is not the dink and dunk guy that some think, which by the way has worked well for a number of star QBs, makes me respect him a bit more because he is not playing it safe like the "game manager" crowd want us to believe.
                  The avoidable sacks have been a part of not sustaining drives and missed 3rd down conversations, as well as impact on red zone production. For example the game when Williams had a beast run to put the offense near the goal line - penalty followed by a bad sack where Teddy hung on to the ball and backpedaled until he took a sack - that was the game where he ultimately got the concussion. Not all sacks are on Teddy but quite a few were and sometimes he doesn’t play like he has experience.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Art of Defense View Post
                    To add. I think he’s an okay bandaid for the meantime, but obviously far from the future. I am 100% for going all in on Wilson, halfway in for Rodgers. Trust, I’d rather we draft our guy. But I’d rather not trade the farm to pick that high, and we’re slowly playing our way out of the top 10.
                    You’re going to have to trade a few farms for Rodgers,Wilson or Watson. Trading up would be cheaper in comparison

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                      The avoidable sacks have been a part of not sustaining drives and missed 3rd down conversations, as well as impact on red zone production. For example the game when Williams had a beast run to put the offense near the goal line - penalty followed by a bad sack where Teddy hung on to the ball and backpedaled until he took a sack - that was the game where he ultimately got the concussion. Not all sacks are on Teddy but quite a few were and sometimes he doesn’t play like he has experience.
                      Lets just say, we know a lot about TB. He's not Hall of Fame material, but he's had a decent career which was significantly altered early on by a terrible injury. He has survived. And he has shown capability over the years, particularly in New Orleans. He is not the QB long term answer for this city, but he is doing quite well, given his imperfections. Yes, we can be critical about what he does, how he does it, and when he does it, but I back him this year, and believe he's the best chance we got.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                        Well then clearly you avoided answering a simple question with a lot of unrelated comments about another quarterback and receivers.
                        lol. Simple is an understatement.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                          Did you think Teddy would have 26 sacks, nearly as many as his high of 31 in a an entire season? Just a simple yes or no.
                          Yes. 26 is about right although I would probably pick "over 31".

                          I'm not afraid to give a direct answer to a direct question.

                          Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                          You’re avoiding answering the question.
                          Self-aware much?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                            Lets just say, we know a lot about TB. He's not Hall of Fame material, but he's had a decent career which was significantly altered early on by a terrible injury. He has survived. And he has shown capability over the years, particularly in New Orleans. He is not the QB long term answer for this city, but he is doing quite well, given his imperfections. Yes, we can be critical about what he does, how he does it, and when he does it, but I back him this year, and believe he's the best chance we got.
                            Stop being so reasonable and nuanced Can!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                              That wasn’t a missed/dropped INT.
                              You are correct, but that wasn't the point of my post. My point was that there are many "should be" INTs that aren't counted against every QB. If you are going to bring up INTs for any reason for Teddy, apply the exact same criteria to every other QB in the NFL, which will help you make a logical, rational conclusion.

                              Your issue is you are changing the argument (straw man). When I bumped this thread recently with Teddy's stats, it wasn't to compare Teddy to other QBs. It was to compare Teddy's performance to his past performance as well as to expectations. It is so painful for some to admit that Teddy is doing better than they thought that they do everything to avoid admitting it so they try to change to topic.

                              Teddy doing better than expected doesn't mean we should, or shouldn't, look to upgrade QB. It means we should adjust how likely we are to get a better QB, how much will Teddy cost, how much will it cost to get another QB and what's the risk? It could be a case of resigning Teddy with the goal of drafting a young QB to develop.




                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                                Stop being so reasonable and nuanced Can!
                                I'll work on it....




                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X