Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Humberg View Post

    I think the two camps that you are both coming from, which I think reflects where a lot of people are, both could make some concessions.

    Teddy has been better than the check down Teddy that was forecasted when he first came here. In fact he has been quite effective at times stretching the field and throwing down field. He’s has made our pass pro look better than it actually is with his ability to move in the pocket and buy time. He has been what we need in those wins and was most impressive against Dallas. He has been a great teammate and rallied people around him. During those moments he has exceeded expectations.

    At the same time, in the losses he has been close to miserable. Certainly hasn’t been able to carry the team on his back and brings into question whether he is talented enough to succeed without complimentary football. Against stiffer competition (minus Dallas) he has looked every bit the journeyman quarterback he was believed to be.

    So it’s really a mixed picture and as far as judging his season, the outcome will be decided by the preponderance of performance the reminder of the season.

    My perspective is that it doesn’t really matter. I don’t think he’s good enough to realistically get us to the post season, so I think we’re hoping for a mediocre season at best, a dismal season at worst, and then he’s gone. At the end of the day, no matter good or bad play from Teddy B, we’re no closer to figuring out our quarterback situation than we were one year ago, two or three years ago or seven.
    You've just described every QB outside the top 10. There's no reason why a QB outside the top 10 can't make the playoffs. They will generally need a very good running game, a good defence, and some good fortune but it can be done and has happened many times.

    Let's say he does get us to say the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Even if we then move on we will do so from a position of strength and be able to attract a better quality of free agents.

    Comment


    • Where Bridgewater stands among power rankings through week 10:

      ESPN - 21, +1
      CBS Sports - 21
      NFL.com - 14, +3 vs prev week
      Yahoo Sports - 14, +1 vs prev week
      SportsNaut - 15, +5 vs prev week
      Pro Football Network - 20, -1 (week 9 - latest rank)

      Writers outside the fan base rank Teddy as mediocre, with the Dallas win giving him a bump.

      Looking at the season he had an early stretch of average play against bad teams, a run of pretty bad football and a solid performance in Dallas. This puts him as mediocre, and writers outside the fan base support that assessment.








      Comment


      • Originally posted by CasualFan View Post

        I can see how Cowboys fans would say that to make themselves feel better, but not sure why a Broncos fan would volunteer such a thing. Maybe someone who dislikes Bridgewater more than they like the Broncos would. Because the argument you have to make isn't that sometimes bad teams beat good teams, it's that sometimes bad teams beat good teams 30-0 with 4 minutes to go. Not barely beating with a last-second field goal or a fluke turnover on a tipped pass.
        Cause it’s true. Sorry to burst your bubble but a Denver Bronco fan for the last 30 years can have a realistic view of what their favorite team is or isn’t. I like the kool aid as much as the next guy but at some point you got to put it down and wake up.

        Comment


        • Our team has been crazy the last few years trotting out one retread after another expecting different results

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            Where Bridgewater stands among power rankings through week 10:

            ESPN - 21, +1
            CBS Sports - 21
            NFL.com - 14, +3 vs prev week
            Yahoo Sports - 14, +1 vs prev week
            SportsNaut - 15, +5 vs prev week
            Pro Football Network - 20, -1 (week 9 - latest rank)

            Writers outside the fan base rank Teddy as mediocre, with the Dallas win giving him a bump.

            Looking at the season he had an early stretch of average play against bad teams, a run of pretty bad football and a solid performance in Dallas. This puts him as mediocre, and writers outside the fan base support that assessment.
            Funny, I could have sworn most/all of the Teddy detractors said he was bottom-5 at best and/or backup QB at best.

            These here seem to put him at an 'average' ranking, moreso than mediocre.

            Guess the goalposts moved.

            He may be coming off a bump from a good game, but he's also coming off a slump that pushed him down. That's how that works.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

            Comment


            • TB seems to be doing better then Flacco and Keenum did.

              Comment


              • Nothing has changed, he is a backup. BTW, he wasn’t coming off a slump.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                  Funny, I could have sworn most/all of the Teddy detractors said he was bottom-5 at best and/or backup QB at best.

                  These here seem to put him at an 'average' ranking, moreso than mediocre.

                  Guess the goalposts moved.

                  He may be coming off a bump from a good game, but he's also coming off a slump that pushed him down. That's how that works.
                  The goal posts haven’t moved - they’re at the end lines of each endzone.

                  Comment


                  • As bad as the offensive line has been I'm shocked we were even competitive the last two games, let alone winning both.

                    You put Lock behind this same line and he throws three picks and has a fumble on top.
                    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                      Cause it’s true. Sorry to burst your bubble but a Denver Bronco fan for the last 30 years can have a realistic view of what their favorite team is or isn’t. I like the kool aid as much as the next guy but at some point you got to put it down and wake up.
                      You're missing the point I'm making. There is a big difference between a bad team barely beating a good team on any given Sunday, and the 30-0 shutout the Broncos were inflicting until the last four minutes of garbage time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                        Nothing has changed, he is a backup. BTW, he wasn’t coming off a slump.
                        He didn't have bad games? Funny, seems like there was like a 4 game stretch he had where he didn't perform as well.

                        Let's see -

                        3 wins, Passer rating over 100 in each with 0 picks...

                        Had a concussion, went out before the half, the first of 4 losses in a row...

                        4 games below 100 passer rating, with 5 picks in the three games after the concussion

                        Then two games with a rating over 100 and 0 picks.

                        Seems like there was a bit of a low point or area there. Surely that didn't bring his rating down at all to a point it needs to recover from. Some sort of... what's the word? Oh, right... slump.

                        Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                        The goal posts haven’t moved - they’re at the end lines of each endzone.
                        Ah, ok... well he has 14 touchdowns, which only 12 QBs have more at this point...

                        And I could have sworn I had multiple posters telling me before the season his ceiling was 15, so I guess we're in real trouble for the rest of the season... only one more TD we can get out of Teddy this year. Better pack it in.

                        Wish we had one of the 12 non-backup QBs in the league.
                        LordTrychon
                        Unleashed
                        Last edited by LordTrychon; 11-12-2021, 06:42 AM.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                          He didn't have bad games? Funny, seems like there was like a 4 game stretch he had where he didn't perform as well.

                          Let's see -

                          3 wins, Passer rating over 100 in each with 0 picks...

                          Had a concussion, went out before the half, the first of 4 losses in a row...

                          4 games below 100 passer rating, with 5 picks in the three games after the concussion

                          Then two games with a rating over 100 and 0 picks.

                          Seems like there was a bit of a low point or area there. Surely that didn't bring his rating down at all to a point it needs to recover from. Some sort of... what's the word? Oh, right... slump.



                          Ah, ok... well he has 14 touchdowns, which only 12 QBs have more at this point...

                          And I could have sworn I had multiple posters telling me before the season his ceiling was 15, so I guess we're in real trouble for the rest of the season... only one more TD we can get out of Teddy this year. Better pack it in.

                          Wish we had one of the 12 non-backup QBs in the league.
                          I could have had a Passer rating of a 100 and 0 ints against those teams as well.

                          Comment




                          • I don't know that you could ask for more than this considering he's playing behind the 28th ranked pass protection and he spent a lot of the year with a decimated receiving corps.

                            This shows he's about average to slightly above average in terms of points added per play, and top 5 in terms of completion percentage above expected.
                            famicommander
                            Starter
                            Last edited by famicommander; 11-12-2021, 11:10 AM.
                            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by famicommander View Post


                              I don't know that you could ask for more than this considering he's playing behind the 28th ranked pass protection and he spent a lot of the year with a decimated receiving corps.

                              This shows he's about average to slightly above average in terms of points added per play, and top 5 in terms of completion percentage above expected.
                              Good backup.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                                Good backup.
                                The chart indicates he's a middle of the road to slightly above average starter. Only three guys are better than he is at completion percentage above expected and he's roughly on par with Derek Carr, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts, Baker Mayfield, and Carson Wentz in terms of points added.

                                He's also the only semi-competent QB we've had since Manning.
                                Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X