No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did we not get into the Newton discussions?

I mean, Von is not here, and therefore Cam's fear of Denver may have subsided.

And after all, we got that Teddy guy, who has not won a game by himself yet this season!!!! Don't we want a real Superman??

Click image for larger version

Name:	4e86d5a2e91edba30f18134d21203009.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	8383477
    (now I should warn ya, there's this Kyptonite thing)

Click image for larger version  Name:	cam-newton-fumble-gif.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	8383476
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-13-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

No, they don’t.
      They do, though. He had 15 picks and 8 fumbles in 13 games last year, then he got beat out in camp by Teddy, then he played like garbage the one time he got into a game this year.

You're asking the Broncos to bench a guy whose stats place him somewhere between 19th and 8th as far as rankings in favor of a guy who led the league in interceptions last year.
      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post

They do, though. He had 15 picks and 8 fumbles in 13 games last year, then he got beat out in camp by Teddy, then he played like garbage the one time he got into a game this year.

You're asking the Broncos to bench a guy whose stats place him somewhere between 19th and 8th as far as rankings in favor of a guy who led the league in interceptions last year.
        Lol P. Manning had 28 ints his first year, 15 the next,another 15 the next and 23 ints his 4th year. Manning had 81 ints his 1st 4 yrs. He would have been flipping burgers at McDonald’s if you were the colts GM or HC back then.

BTW, a little football 101, you can’t expect any backup QB with no reps with starters, a game plan designed for a different QB to come in in the middle of a game and perform well. Just doesn’t work that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Lol P. Manning had 28 ints his first year, 15 the next,another 15 the next and 23 ints his 4th year. Manning had 81 ints his 1st 4 yrs. He would have been flipping burgers at McDonald’s if you were the colts GM or HC back then.

BTW, a little football 101, you can’t expect any backup QB with no reps with starters, a game plan designed for a different QB to come in in the middle of a game and perform well. Just doesn’t work that way.
          Manning's younger days were over two decades ago at this point. Back when Manning started defensive backs could light WRs up and TEs got obliterated by linebackers trying to go over the middle.

Lock came up in the era where pass defense was illegal and nobody's allowed to breathe on the QB without a 15 yard penalty. The game has changed drastically.

And backups come in and play well all the time. Josh Johnson was in the damn XFL last year and he came off the bench cold for the Jets and lit it up.
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I know what you meant.

Some here will say that Teddy has been to blame for holding on too long, therefore the sacks and pressures. It could be a combination of him and Oline/pass protectors. But thanks for the stats! Most of them relate to me that we have at least an average NFL QB, and that's nor exactly a terrible thing. I am a proponent of acquiring a top 10 QB (minimum), but I can't blame Paton for that shortcoming this year. He kicked tires as we understand, and even had he drafted Fields or whomever, those are not top 10 NFL QBs, this year. I say he will make a change or two at QB in the offseason.

Back to TB. He is definitely what he is. Not a lot of surprises, but in a good sense this year. He does not win or lose every game we play, by himself. Plus, and this is hard to quantify, we keep hearing about him as a leader, and a guy that his mates can relate to. That is worth something. I loved playing with guys like that. It gives you energy, and loyalty to mates is a powerful motivator.

Pretty much any offensive stat has some component of QB blame/credit in it. He is directing the O-Line, he directs the recievers, he can opt in and out of plays....
            I am surprised to see fans constantly talking about Justin Fields - that at this point in his career is behind Josh Rosen in achievement, hasn't had signature wins..... and he is 8 games in going 2-6 and having a 4TD/8INT as a passer + 2RTDs.

Comment

• Officially done with this clown. Looked like Cam Newton ducking away from a fumble.

This guy sucks. I tried. I tried to have an open mind.

Teddy Bridgewater SUCKS.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Right. For clarity, I think he's done well for us this year. Top 5? No. Top 10? Probably not. Top half of the league and not deserving of a lot of the comments he gets?

Absolutely.
                Hey how about literally turning away to avoid tackling.

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I know what you meant.

Some here will say that Teddy has been to blame for holding on too long, therefore the sacks and pressures. It could be a combination of him and Oline/pass protectors. But thanks for the stats! Most of them relate to me that we have at least an average NFL QB, and that's nor exactly a terrible thing. I am a proponent of acquiring a top 10 QB (minimum), but I can't blame Paton for that shortcoming this year. He kicked tires as we understand, and even had he drafted Fields or whomever, those are not top 10 NFL QBs, this year. I say he will make a change or two at QB in the offseason.

Back to TB. He is definitely what he is. Not a lot of surprises, but in a good sense this year. He does not win or lose every game we play, by himself. Plus, and this is hard to quantify, we keep hearing about him as a leader, and a guy that his mates can relate to. That is worth something. I loved playing with guys like that. It gives you energy, and loyalty to mates is a powerful motivator.

Leaders don’t turn away from a tackle with the game on the line.

That’s literally who Bridgewater is…a guy who gave up on his team.

Comment

• Teddy will get a late TD and he’ll be good because you know, he’ll be at 15 TDs in 10 games.

Comment

• Teddy is useless on this team. If we were commuted to the run, he might be okay, but we won’t even do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Teddy will get a late TD and he’ll be good because you know, he’ll be at 15 TDs in 10 games.
                        LOL. Teddy couldn’t hit a wide open Patrick to pad his stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Officially done with this clown. Looked like Cam Newton ducking away from a fumble.

This guy sucks. I tried. I tried to have an open mind.

Teddy Bridgewater SUCKS.
                          Same here. I was willing to say he’s an average quarterback but he showed who he is today.

I can deal with a lot of things but turning away from that tackle off the fumble said everything about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Pretty much any offensive stat has some component of QB blame/credit in it. He is directing the O-Line, he directs the recievers, he can opt in and out of plays....
                            I am surprised to see fans constantly talking about Justin Fields - that at this point in his career is behind Josh Rosen in achievement, hasn't had signature wins..... and he is 8 games in going 2-6 and having a 4TD/8INT as a passer + 2RTDs.
                            Compare Fields with Bridgewater in his first 8 games and come back.

Comment

• Funny thing is the Teddy we see during the games is the same Teddy I remember in Training Camp.

Some good days. Lot of bad days.

Today Teddy was hot garbage.

We were stuck with Teddy this year because we had coaches who needed to make the playoffs or be fired. Not sure if Lock is the answer but he had 18 games under his belt coming into the season. Easy to understand why coaches playing for 2021 or be fired did not want to risk it with Lock.

We gave up on the season when we allowed Vic and Shurmur to start Teddy. Not only did that happen but we also set back our search for a franchise QB. We decided to be average in 2021 instead of pushing to add a fourth trophy to the case.

We all hoped it would be different. The signs were there this was going to be how the year ended. We hoped for a miracle and did not get one.
                              Lets Ride!

Comment

• How about that business decision LOL, good grief!!! At least attempt to make a tackle there. Teddy is a backup and always will be, doesn't deserve to be the starter

Comment

Working...
                                X