Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post

Hard pass. Not disputing the talent, but I don’t think he would be healthy for the culture in Denver.
    Yet Bridgewater bailing on an easy tackle is good for the culture. Bridgewater is an embarrassment to the franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7

This thread isn’t about Lock, it’s about a loser named Bridgewater who quit on his team when he bailed on an easy tackle. What a loser.
      As a Bridgewater supporter, I am saying he played like a loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Yet Bridgewater bailing on an easy tackle is good for the culture. Bridgewater is an embarrassment to the franchise.
        We get it, you are mad about Bridgewater being the starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post

We get it, you are mad about Bridgewater being the starter.
          No, we’re mad that he sucks and is the starter

Comment

That play made me embarrassed as a Bronco fan.

It is making headlines is the news too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/teddy-bridg...002407925.html
            Lets Ride!

Comment

• Again....Paton saw Bridgewater fail in Minnesota....what did he think would happen if he brought Teddy here?

This is why I question his ability to evaluate the quarterback position and why I don't believe he's going to find a franchise quarterback.

Comment

• Disgusted by bridgewater today. Needs to be shown the door along with our coaching staff... and Elway. Crap, we have a lot of problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

That play made me embarrassed as a Bronco fan.

It is making headlines is the news too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/teddy-bridg...002407925.html
                  For all the criticism I give to Elway for some decisions that contributed to a few bad years, he would have never given up on a play like Bridgewater did today. Never would have happened.

Bridgewater is done as far as I’m concerned. Needs to be benched just for that play. It’s not about who’s behind him - he needs to be benched.

Comment

• “I’m thinking maybe I can force him back inside so one of our guys can make a tackle”

In other words, “I’m above these guys it’s their job to make a tackle when the game is on the line”

Post-game comments are as embarrassing as his lack of effort on the field.

https://twitter.com/masedenver/statu...613161474?s=21

Comment

• I’m kind of surprised at the outrage here. Did you all think we had something other than a back up quarterback in Teddy B? His starting in Denver was less about him and more about the failure of Drew Lock to develop and progress (wherever you put the blame there, it was a lack of progression from his rookie year that made it so Teddy was our starter).

Don’t be mad at Teddy B. He’s just a backup who found a vacuum of talent in the quarterback room and did as much as he could do, which is to provide backup quarterback talent. We were never going to go that far with him.

So save your ire for where it really belongs. Directly aimed at the front office for miserably failing to bring starting level talent to the quarterback room, and to a lesser extent the coaching for failing to go with a game plan that would help out their backup quarterback who happened to be starting (Teddy threw 36 times, meanwhile both our running backs were averaging over 5 yards a carry and had a combined 17 carries - what?).
                      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

“I’m thinking maybe I can force him back inside so one of our guys can make a tackle”

In other words, “I’m above these guys it’s their job to make a tackle when the game is on the line”

Post-game comments are as embarrassing as his lack of effort on the field.

https://twitter.com/masedenver/statu...613161474?s=21
                        Definitely sounds bad but perhaps we need to factor in his injury history?

It certainly wouldn't be something you would generally associate with Teddy who has always been described as a team player, wherever he has gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                          I’m kind of surprised at the outrage here. Did you all think we had something other than a back up quarterback in Teddy B? His starting in Denver was less about him and more about the failure of Drew Lock to develop and progress (wherever you put the blame there, it was a lack of progression from his rookie year that made it so Teddy was our starter).

Don’t be mad at Teddy B. He’s just a backup who found a vacuum of talent in the quarterback room and did as much as he could do, which is to provide backup quarterback talent. We were never going to go that far with him.

So save your ire for where it really belongs. Directly aimed at the front office for miserably failing to bring starting level talent to the quarterback room, and to a lesser extent the coaching for failing to go with a game plan that would help out their backup quarterback who happened to be starting (Teddy threw 36 times, meanwhile both our running backs were averaging over 5 yards a carry and had a combined 17 carries - what?).
                          I can only speak for myself but I've pretty much been outraged since April. This was so obvious to see coming. Bridgewater vs Lock? A never was vs a never will be? A lot of us knew this would fail miserably. That's where a lot of the outrage stems from, at least for me.

I'm so sick of people saying it's not easy being a GM. Sometimes? Sure. But you know what? It's not that hard either sometimes. This epic failure was so easy to see coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                            I’m kind of surprised at the outrage here. Did you all think we had something other than a back up quarterback in Teddy B? His starting in Denver was less about him and more about the failure of Drew Lock to develop and progress (wherever you put the blame there, it was a lack of progression from his rookie year that made it so Teddy was our starter).

It was a failure in coaching cause Lock was progressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Definitely sounds bad but perhaps we need to factor in his injury history?

It certainly wouldn't be something you would generally associate with Teddy who has always been described as a team player, wherever he has gone.
                              I don’t need to factor anything into his pathetic lack of effort. Suit up and play like an actual football player or he should find another job.

Comment

For all the criticism I give to Elway for some decisions that contributed to a few bad years, he would have never given up on a play like Bridgewater did today. Never would have happened.

Bridgewater is done as far as I’m concerned. Needs to be benched just for that play. It’s not about who’s behind him - he needs to be benched.
                                Agreed

I was behind Teddy all season. Had some of the same concerns I saw others voice but he was the starter so I got behind him.

The image of him keeping his arms to his sides while do I do not know what that was called is burned into my brain. Who knows what would have happened had he made that tackle. I do not ever want to see that loser taking another snap for the Broncos. I am good with starting Hinton or whoever else wants to take snaps at QB besides that loser. Put The Belly in at Qb he has earned it more than Teddy.
                                Lets Ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X