Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I can only speak for myself but I've pretty much been outraged since April. This was so obvious to see coming. Bridgewater vs Lock? A never was vs a never will be? A lot of us knew this would fail miserably. That's where a lot of the outrage stems from, at least for me.

I'm so sick of people saying it's not easy being a GM. Sometimes? Sure. But you know what? It's not that hard either sometimes. This epic failure was so easy to see coming.
    Yep. I mean I’ll admit I have no future as a hired NFL professional in any capacity as I have zero qualifications (although that would be fun) but it doesn’t seem like rocket science to conclude it was faulty in the approach that the most important position in the NFL is the quarterback so we’ll neglect that particular position and hang our hopes on someone who led the NFL in turnovers last year and another who is a decent backup in this league.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Agreed

I was behind Teddy all season. Had some of the same concerns I saw others voice but he was the starter so I got behind him.

The image of him keeping his arms to his sides while do I do not know what that was called is burned into my brain. Who knows what would have happened had he made that tackle. I do not ever want to see that loser taking another snap for the Broncos. I am good with starting Hinton or whoever else wants to take snaps at QB besides that loser. Put The Belly in at Qb he has earned it more than Teddy.
      Oh, the belly at quarterback would be enough to save this season for me. I would tune in to every snap, watch every press conference, read every article. That would be fun.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Yep. I mean I’ll admit I have no future as a hired NFL professional in any capacity as I have zero qualifications (although that would be fun) but it doesn’t seem like rocket science to conclude it was faulty in the approach that the most important position in the NFL is the quarterback so we’ll neglect that particular position and hang our hopes on someone who led the NFL in turnovers last year and another who is a decent backup in this league.
        Payton Manning would have been flipping burgers at Burger King if you were part of the front office that drafted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
          Payton Manning would have been flipping burgers at Burger King if you were part of the front office that drafted him.
          Payton Manning flipper burgers while Peyton Manning threw TDs

Comment

• Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

Peyton Manning threw 81 ints his first 4 yrs

Comment

• Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post

Gotta love it when the spelling police don’t proof read their posts.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Tired of being disappointed in this team. Bridgewater is just another piece of this losing culture. FO has made it clear by their choices of QB and “ safe” play calling that they have a preference. Journeyman game managers and no creativity on offense every season is a choice.

And this latest gutless decision to not compete and make even a weak ass kicker tackle attempt is just the icing on the cake. I wonder how his teammates like his “ leadership” now?

Fangio chose his QB. He chose his OC. Now live with them in my opinion. They are all gone this off-season anyways.

Comment

• What worries me about the direction DEN is drifting towards….. wasn’t it the new GM (Paton) who actually traded for this guy! (A) he won’t be quick to admit his mistake. Men rarely do. More likely, he compounds the problem by doubling-down, in an effort to prove his move was right. (B) every free agent move was atrocious and his first QB move was bad… why would he be able to have success finding a QB!

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

If you are comparing Lock to Peyton Manning, then…. just….bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha….

Manning was starting from day one as a rookie, had zero time to adjust like Lock did and clearly this number is driven by his rookie year. Comparing both of their second years Lock had a higher interception per attempt rating and Manning threw a ton more touchdowns. Comparing these two are ridiculous, funny even.

So Manning progressed each year into one of the greatest of all time. Lock couldn’t beat out a journeyman quarterback, looked lost in preseason and is currently holding the clipboard. Yeah, you’re right, we should probably give him one more chance because he’s probably the next PFM!

Comment

• It was a bad play for Teddy. But all QB’s make “business decisions” on those plays, so that doesn’t bother me. I’m more concerned with the effort of the team as a whole, and not just one play that some think would’ve miraculously “turned the back tide” by the QB making a tackle on a horrific drive killing turnover. Or the last throw on 4th and 7 where he didn’t even give Patrick a chance and just threw the ball away?!?!?

And that’s the energy that Vic brings to this team. You want Teddy to make that play, get a Coaching staff that inspires players. Like Peyton Manning in 2014 against Indy in the Divisional Playoff game under Fox. That was by far the worst “business decision” I have ever seen for any player, in any sport. But a whole new regime, had the team mindset completely different. And in 2015, when he needed to use them slow wheels to move the chains, there was no hesitation and it drew his teammates even closer.
                        #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Compare Fields with Bridgewater in his first 8 games and come back.
                          What is the point - We wouldn't use a top 10 draft pick on Bridgewater, and Fields does not seem to be able to lift a team.
                          What is the purpose of dreaming of other teams potential busts at QB?
                          While some QBs turn things around - early failure is not a predictor of future success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

If you are comparing Lock to Peyton Manning, then…. just….bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha….

Manning was starting from day one as a rookie, had zero time to adjust like Lock did and clearly this number is driven by his rookie year. Comparing both of their second years Lock had a higher interception per attempt rating and Manning threw a ton more touchdowns. Comparing these two are ridiculous, funny even.

So Manning progressed each year into one of the greatest of all time. Lock couldn’t beat out a journeyman quarterback, looked lost in preseason and is currently holding the clipboard. Yeah, you’re right, we should probably give him one more chance because he’s probably the next PFM!
                            Ton more touchdowns?! His first 4 years he threw 100 TDs-81 INTs. He nearly threw a int for every TD he threw.

Comment

Ton more touchdowns?! His first 4 years he threw 100 TDs-81 INTs. He nearly threw a int for every TD he threw.
                              He threw a ton more touchdowns - that’s the context. Not a ton more touchdowns vs interceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

What is the point - We wouldn't use a top 10 draft pick on Bridgewater, and Fields does not seem to be able to lift a team.
                                What is the purpose of dreaming of other teams potential busts at QB?
                                While some QBs turn things around - early failure is not a predictor of future success.
                                Ah, check Bridgewater’s first 7-8 games and tell us why you’ve been a big advocate for him with the Broncos vs drafting Fields - you’re applying early rookie play as a predictor of future success so let’s see your standard applied to Bridgewater.

Comment

Working...
                                X