No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard some discussion on The Fan today making sense of this. If Fangio benches Teddy and starts Lock, one of two things can happen:

1) Lock plays miserably and everyone says it was a bad move and Fangio gets fired.

2) Lock balls out and plays well, everyone blames Fangio for not playing Lock all season and he gets fired.

Essentially, he’s in a no win situation if he benches Teddy. So that is what it is. Makes sense, but personally that’s why I would make a mid season change at head coach if I were them.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
      I heard some discussion on The Fan today making sense of this. If Fangio benches Teddy and starts Lock, one of two things can happen:

1) Lock plays miserably and everyone says it was a bad move and Fangio gets fired.

2) Lock balls out and plays well, everyone blames Fangio for not playing Lock all season and he gets fired.

Essentially, he’s in a no win situation if he benches Teddy. So that is what it is. Makes sense, but personally that’s why I would make a mid season change at head coach if I were them.
      Fangio is already fired. He knows it. Fangio is stubborn not stupid. He’s just has decided he’s going down with his guy TB.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Not sure there is anything Paton and coaches can do at this point except stick with Bridgwater.

The narrative that Lock is unplayable is too strong from the coaches. They have made it clear he is either a bust and they have no trust in him playing in this offense. Who knows what the players think of him.

At this point, I’m not sure the situation is salvageable. For what purpose? Paton has stuck with Fangio this long. Fangio has chosen to rely on Shurmur and Bridgewater. I expect this to continue.
        I do not think any coach says a QB is unplayable. That is what fans do

It is the narrative "best chance to win"

Starting to think of Teddy in same thought as Orton myself.

Would rather have Tim Tebow than either one.
        Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
          I heard some discussion on The Fan today making sense of this. If Fangio benches Teddy and starts Lock, one of two things can happen:

”If you’re sitting in shallow water with the current rising about to drown, stand up”

Fangio is going with the status quo because he’s an ineffective manager, not a leader.

Sadly for a coach who had a good career as a defensive coordinator, he’ll be remembered as a loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

”If you’re sitting in shallow water with the current rising about to drown, stand up”

Fangio is going with the status quo because he’s an ineffective manager, not a leader.

Sadly for a coach who had a good career as a defensive coordinator, he’ll be remembered as a loser.

Decent, not good. You'd have to have been really paying attention to the NFL 5 years ago to know who he even was.

Like when the fan base wanted to hire Perry Fewell. :Shudder:
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Decent, not good. You'd have to have been really paying attention to the NFL 5 years ago to know who he even was.

Like when the fan base wanted to hire Perry Fewell. :Shudder:
              Decent, good in his former role inconsequential now - his legacy is a loser. He’s an embarrassment to the Broncos franchise.

Comment

• Teddy is living up to his history.....crappy history. He's very aware of that reject turnstile outside the head offices. Good luck dude.
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• He could have got hurt, but he should have tried to make the tackle. He still hasn't proved anything here in Denver, other then he won't go the extra mile to win the football game.

Comment

• This is why you move on and Patton forced lock to be started for evaluation purposes.

Comment

• I just saw on ESPN that they think that the Broncos are going to re-sign Bridgewater two years 39 million 20 million guaranteed

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        I just saw on ESPN that they think that the Broncos are going to re-sign Bridgewater two years 39 million 20 million guaranteed
                        What???!!! That's an insane move!!

Comment

I just saw on ESPN that they think that the Broncos are going to re-sign Bridgewater two years 39 million 20 million guaranteed
                          Do you have a link for this? I'm not seeing anything about it.

Comment

• Mile High huddle or Sports Illustrated

Comment

• Failing a blockbuster trade for Aaron Rodgers, the Denver Broncos may turn to a literal Plan B: Teddy Bridgewater, who won't be cheap.

A 14-game starter this past season, Bridgewater is expected to enter unrestricted free agency in March, and ESPN estimates the hat-in-hand Broncos offering an incentive-laden, two-year, $39 million deal — including $20 million guaranteed — to retain the veteran quarterback.

"The deal has an additional $2M bonus for 70% of offensive snaps in 2022 or 2023, $2.5M bonus for 80% of offensive snaps in 2022 or 2023 or $3M bonus for 85% of offensive snaps in 2022 or 2023 -- so it could actually be worth as much as $45M," wrote ESPN beat reporter Jeff Legwold. "The Broncos have a core of youthful playmakers at the skill positions with a newly-minted offensive-minded head coach in Nathaniel Hackett."

Acquired last March for a sixth-round draft pick, Bridgewater completed 285-of-426 passes (66.9%) for 3,052 yards, 18 touchdowns, and seven interceptions, finishing 7-7 as Denver's QB1 prior to a Dec. 19 concussion that landed him on injured reserve. Despite the brain injury, the 29-year-old affirmed last month that he "absolutely" intends to continue his playing career.

“That’s the nature of the business, you survive," Bridgewater said on Jan. 6. "I tell everyone, I’ve been through the NFL offseason for the past couple of years, and I understand things happen. Decisions are made, and it’s business. But I’m still going to survive. No matter where or how it happens, I’ve just got to have that mindset always.”

Bridgewater would become the NFL's 15th-highest-paid signal-caller at $19.5 million annually, checking in behind Las Vegas' Derek Carr ($25 million) and ahead of New Orleans' Taysom Hill ($10 million).

Comment

Failing a blockbuster trade for Aaron Rodgers, the Denver Broncos may turn to a literal Plan B: Teddy Bridgewater, who won't be cheap.

A 14-game starter this past season, Bridgewater is expected to enter unrestricted free agency in March, and ESPN estimates the hat-in-hand Broncos offering an incentive-laden, two-year, $39 million deal — including $20 million guaranteed — to retain the veteran quarterback.

"The deal has an additional $2M bonus for 70% of offensive snaps in 2022 or 2023, $2.5M bonus for 80% of offensive snaps in 2022 or 2023 or $3M bonus for 85% of offensive snaps in 2022 or 2023 -- so it could actually be worth as much as $45M," wrote ESPN beat reporter Jeff Legwold. "The Broncos have a core of youthful playmakers at the skill positions with a newly-minted offensive-minded head coach in Nathaniel Hackett."

Acquired last March for a sixth-round draft pick, Bridgewater completed 285-of-426 passes (66.9%) for 3,052 yards, 18 touchdowns, and seven interceptions, finishing 7-7 as Denver's QB1 prior to a Dec. 19 concussion that landed him on injured reserve. Despite the brain injury, the 29-year-old affirmed last month that he "absolutely" intends to continue his playing career.

“That’s the nature of the business, you survive," Bridgewater said on Jan. 6. "I tell everyone, I’ve been through the NFL offseason for the past couple of years, and I understand things happen. Decisions are made, and it’s business. But I’m still going to survive. No matter where or how it happens, I’ve just got to have that mindset always.”

Bridgewater would become the NFL's 15th-highest-paid signal-caller at $19.5 million annually, checking in behind Las Vegas' Derek Carr ($25 million) and ahead of New Orleans' Taysom Hill ($10 million).
                                Don"t believe this for one second. What I do believe is that the Broncos want to bring down the price of Rodgers/Wilson by suggesting they have other options they can turn to.

Comment

Working...
                                X