Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colowoz01
    replied
    New concept, QB by committee, let the Best man Win. I'm excited for this season.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    There is a lot of work to be done but right now from what I have seen, watched and read....Teddy is the better QB for us in 2021.

There is a lot of work to be done. I do hope Lock can improve in specific areas at the very min.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think we have two decent QBs. And if everybody does their job, we should be a competitive football team.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Lock missed games the last two years, so Bridgewater is a depth upgrade at least. Competition usually results in enhanced performance and we'll find out about that next month. The QB position is most likely stronger than it was last year. The strength and depth of all other positions plus a balanced offense can help the QB position perform as well as possible.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

if there was a love post button i would have hit it. So true and it blows my mind that people just don't get it.
    Until Lock “proves” it on the field there will not be a change to the negative narrative.

IMO this QB situation has the potential to be solid for the team. Lock showing improvement and Bridgewater showing how much of a professional he is. A great combo that is not given much credit across the league. We shall see what they do in games. That is the only test that will matter.

For all the reasons above, I think the Broncos QB situation will surprise many. My biggest concern is the unrealistic expectations for a developing QB. Especially if / when the Rodgers fiasco doesn’t go the way many want. I’m hopeful the combo has enough of an impact and wins to quiet the chatter. They control the narrative. Play well and the rest sorts itself out.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post

so Lock who came into the league as the qb with the least amount of pro readiness coaching in the draft, learned a new offense

then missed half of camp, 2/3 of season practice, and played in five games

Then his second season no OTAs , no in house coaching, and learning a second offense, then another year of not getting preseason games , started the season, lost his #1 target in week two along with himself missing the next three games due to injury, then playing with at least three rookie rec, rookie center, and the youngest offense in the league

and you expect him to not play like a rookie within the 17 games he has played in the league

these aint excuses these are facts

give the dude some time

if there was a love post button i would have hit it. So true and it blows my mind that people just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by welderhead View Post
    Teddy Bridgewater is a football player. Lock would win the Ford Punt, Pass, and Kick. I'm pulling for Drew and cheering him on, but it takes very little to rattle him.
    so Lock who came into the league as the qb with the least amount of pro readiness coaching in the draft, learned a new offense

then missed half of camp, 2/3 of season practice, and played in five games

Then his second season no OTAs , no in house coaching, and learning a second offense, then another year of not getting preseason games , started the season, lost his #1 target in week two along with himself missing the next three games due to injury, then playing with at least three rookie rec, rookie center, and the youngest offense in the league

and you expect him to not play like a rookie within the 17 games he has played in the league

these aint excuses these are facts

give the dude some time

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Wow! Another opinion to go along with the other 487,352 opinions. So, all we have to do is figure what the next level is.

One man does not make a team better or worse.
    There are players that make teams better and there are players that make teams worse.

That is a fact.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

Wow! Another opinion to go along with the other 487,352 opinions. So, all we have to do is figure what the next level is.

So, I guess we're good with Drew Lock then, and we don't have to worry about Aaron Rodgers either!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

He does when he’s the quarterback. I will say that quarterbacks are given too much credit as evidenced by people making excuses for Aaron Rodgers for not winning more Super Bowls.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    There was an article I was reading today saying, "Teddy Bridgewater can take the team to the next level".

Leave a comment:

• welderhead
    replied
    Teddy Bridgewater is a football player. Lock would win the Ford Punt, Pass, and Kick. I'm pulling for Drew and cheering him on, but it takes very little to rattle him.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    If Lock completely struggles and can't move the ball and can't score points. I can see Bridgewater coming in, and running the offense efficiently and effectively. I'm not sure if he can make the Broncos into a winning football team, but I think he can move the chains and score some points and win some games.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I get that Drew Lock clearly has more upside and he does. The team’s offensive potential is greater at Lock’s ceiling. But 2020 showed what it looks like now (until further improvement) or at his worst.

Count me in as one of the people who were slightly underwhelmed when we traded for Bridgewater, especially since I had been a huge advocate for drafting Justin Fields all offseason.

But here is the thing with Teddy and why a “dink-and-dunk”, conservative offensive style isn’t such a bad thing after all. How many times did offensive drives flame out really early in the first half of games, allowing the opposing team to score and beat down/tire out our defense? The first game against KC and the ATL game were classic examples of this. Imagine if we had a passer who could simply execute Shurmur’s plays and sustain possessions? For once, I would love the offense to move the sticks consistently and march into the redzone. Occasional big plays of 20+ yards are nice, but I don’t mind steady 5-10 yard gains either. I want our starting QB to take care of the football and make smart decisions. Just cutting down on turnovers alone would take our offense to the next level.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I was thinking maybe getting six or seven wins would be the next level?
    Nope LOL Next Level Going Down

Leave a comment:

Working...
X