Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
    New concept, QB by committee, let the Best man Win. I'm excited for this season.
    You mean like how Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore took turns leading drives?
    Lets Ride!

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Hadez View Post

      You mean like how Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore took turns leading drives?
      One of the last nails in Dan Reeves’ Denver coffin.

      Comment


      • #93
        Denver is in serious trouble if they have another bad QB/losing season again. Fans will be booing week 1 if Lock turns the ball even once. Teddy is the very definition of safe, he won't kill you with anything other than boredom. The roster is sooooo talented and ready to win.....if only they had that one secret ingredient

        Comment


        • #94
          Facts are, if we are planning on having another open quarterback competition, it looks that way, we are already in trouble. Open quarterback competitions are the least effective way to have a quality outcome, and I hate it. We will once again be a bottom-feeder team with our ceiling being the middle of the road with the hope of sneaking into the playoffs, but that is a stretch in my opinion.

          I would accept Drew Lock for what he is, take the risk in fully preparing him for the season, and hope chemistry forms and improvement occurs. Playing Bridgewater will mean mediocrity will ensue, we know what he is. But I will bet both guys play throughout the year, a coach on the hot seat will try to go back and forth when once again losing occurs. Having an open quarterback competition means you actually have no quality quarterback, and I challenge anyone to show me more than a historic example here or there of this approach working. It is the go-to of the veteran coach and it simply does not lead to winning.

          Comment


          • #95
            Wouldn't it be something if TB became our "Jim Plunkett", a decent QB that was discarded, and wound up doing good things later in his career!

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Wouldn't it be something if TB became our "Jim Plunkett", a decent QB that was discarded, and wound up doing good things later in his career!

              Yep, like helping to win 2 Super Bowls.
              Utah Bronco Freak

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                Wouldn't it be something if TB became our "Jim Plunkett", a decent QB that was discarded, and wound up doing good things later in his career!

                Not unlike Rich Gannon either. He really turned into an incredible QB later on and more specifically when he was surrounded with the talent in Oakland. I could see similar results from TB with what we have to work with and the defense to add.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I think TB Could wind up being a decent pick-up for us!

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    Facts are, if we are planning on having another open quarterback competition, it looks that way, we are already in trouble. Open quarterback competitions are the least effective way to have a quality outcome, and I hate it. We will once again be a bottom-feeder team with our ceiling being the middle of the road with the hope of sneaking into the playoffs, but that is a stretch in my opinion.

                    I would accept Drew Lock for what he is, take the risk in fully preparing him for the season, and hope chemistry forms and improvement occurs. Playing Bridgewater will mean mediocrity will ensue, we know what he is. But I will bet both guys play throughout the year, a coach on the hot seat will try to go back and forth when once again losing occurs. Having an open quarterback competition means you actually have no quality quarterback, and I challenge anyone to show me more than a historic example here or there of this approach working. It is the go-to of the veteran coach and it simply does not lead to winning.
                    I hear you. A few folks have regurgitated this after I already have stated the obvious......bringing Teddy in was an upgrade to our back-up in case Drew gets hurt as he has the past two seasons....Teddy can win us some games while Drew heals if he does get injured again this year. Saying it is an open competition is a fallacy. We will announce Drew as the starter

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

                      I hear you. A few folks have regurgitated this after I already have stated the obvious......bringing Teddy in was an upgrade to our back-up in case Drew gets hurt as he has the past two seasons....Teddy can win us some games while Drew heals if he does get injured again this year. Saying it is an open competition is a fallacy. We will announce Drew as the starter
                      I guess you can regurgitate your response regarding your opinion that you think Teddy is strictly an upgrade of the backup position, but until we see it, you are just guessing. I will be honest, I have not followed this off-season very closely, but has Lock been named the starter yet ? Did Lock take exclusively first-team reps in OTA's ? If so, I take my comments back, they were out of place.

                      I think to have any chance with a young guy, you need to commit the entire off-season program to him being in that spot, taking as many physical and mental reps as possible, build the playbook around him, install everything he is comfortable with, get the players around him familiarised with his style to build chemistry, allow the offensive coaches to build him up day after day, etc.

                      I use to think open quarterback competitions were smart. When Orton and Tebow were here, I was all about earning it, the veteran guy looks superior in camp so he deserves the spot. But I think at some point I realised, quarterback competitions literally never lead to a team prospering and having a successful season. I think the trend is to give guys time early, and give them a chance to get better, not hold them back because a veteran showed he can look half decent in practice. Quarterback competitions are usually the first sign you will have a new coach shortly, and be picking in the top 15 in April.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

                        I guess you can regurgitate your response regarding your opinion that you think Teddy is strictly an upgrade of the backup position, but until we see it, you are just guessing. I will be honest, I have not followed this off-season very closely, but has Lock been named the starter yet ? Did Lock take exclusively first-team reps in OTA's ? If so, I take my comments back, they were out of place.

                        I think to have any chance with a young guy, you need to commit the entire off-season program to him being in that spot, taking as many physical and mental reps as possible, build the playbook around him, install everything he is comfortable with, get the players around him familiarised with his style to build chemistry, allow the offensive coaches to build him up day after day, etc.

                        I use to think open quarterback competitions were smart. When Orton and Tebow were here, I was all about earning it, the veteran guy looks superior in camp so he deserves the spot. But I think at some point I realised, quarterback competitions literally never lead to a team prospering and having a successful season. I think the trend is to give guys time early, and give them a chance to get better, not hold them back because a veteran showed he can look half decent in practice. Quarterback competitions are usually the first sign you will have a new coach shortly, and be picking in the top 15 in April.
                        While I generally don’t like QB competitions, Lock is going into year 3 and has started numerous games for the team. Sure he could absolutely use the extra reps, but there should be enough of a base there for him to take the lead early on in the competition. At least, I hope there is because if there isn’t it’ll likely be another long season

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

                          While I generally don’t like QB competitions, Lock is going into year 3 and has started numerous games for the team. Sure he could absolutely use the extra reps, but there should be enough of a base there for him to take the lead early on in the competition. At least, I hope there is because if there isn’t it’ll likely be another long season
                          Totally Agree !!

                          Comment


                          • I think TB is a perfect backup for Drew Lock.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I think TB is a perfect backup for Drew Lock.
                              I would just add...that was available.

                              I could argue between Teddy and Tyrod Taylor but who knows if Taylor was even available to us.

                              All things considered....32 teams competing for players and all...I think Teddy is best back up we have had since 2015....maybe longer.
                              Lets Ride!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                                I would just add...that was available.

                                I could argue between Teddy and Tyrod Taylor but who knows if Taylor was even available to us.

                                All things considered....32 teams competing for players and all...I think Teddy is best back up we have had since 2015....maybe longer.
                                I Agree!!!!


                                Some of TB's career stats are better than Drew Locks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X