Teddy Bridgewater thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think of TB in poker terms and he would be a purely math player. Math players are good players and the champs need to have strong math skills too. But purely math players are the easiest of all players to read because they only be in hands that are mathematciallyt correct. Champs strategically vary from the math and use a variety of reads and tells to add some deception.

For TB, it's pretty well accepted that he "takes what the defense gives him". This means a smart D should know where TB is going to throw the ball before it's even snapped. TB is going to throw to the weakest part of the coverage. So a D lets him make those throws and anticipates where he'll go and react much quicker. He'll complete the pass but the defenders are on their way. TB need to sometimes go where he "shouldn't" just so the D can't get such a good read on him. In some situations, he just needs to chuck it down field even if it isn't what the D gives him.

BTW, I feel Lock is an "animal" which is a player that likes the "action" and will take risks he shouldn't just for the thrill.
    As a guy who's watched a lot of Teddy 2 Gloves please allow me to expand on your analogy. Teddy is a perfectly fine player. He'll never be high stack coming in, but he'll find his way to plenty of final tables, and win a tournament here and there.

His problem is the river hates Teddy Bridgewater. He 100% was the QB of the future in Minnesota till he got injured. An injury so bad there was significant concern he'd lose the leg, and so grotesque some of his teammates dropped down and started sobbing and praying at the sight of it. By the time he fights back the teams totally different and going to the NFCCG without him. And with his head coach convinced they missed the super bowl because his QB at the time didn't have the arm talent to beat the big boys.

Goes to NY, they draft Darnold, who will never be as good as Teddy, and Teddy gets benched.

Traded to N.O. and with decent enough talent he kills it. But he kills it a year too early... Drew's coming back for one more year, and Teddy deserved an honest chance at starting.

He goes to Carolina where the first thing that happens is the teams offensive MVP and one of the best weapons in the game drops out for the season. With no reason to cover the run, Teddy then has to overcome an honestly second rate organization running him out there against 7 dropping and D-lines with their ears pinned back. It does not work well.

Now he's in Denver. Probably the best overall talent he's had at his disposal. When Drew doesn't work out, you'll be happy to put Teddy out there and he'll more than likely do great only to have Aaron Rodgers force a trade to Denver next off-season .

Why? Because the River hates Teddy Bridgewater. Which really sucks cause he's one of the most quality human beings you'll ever meet.
    ​​​​
    Last edited by G.O.C.P.F.T.F; 07-28-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.O.C.P.F.T.F View Post

As a guy who's watched a lot of Teddy 2 Gloves please allow me to expand on your analogy. Teddy is a perfectly fine player. He'll never be high stack coming in, but he'll find his way to plenty of final tables, and win a tournament here and there.

His problem is the river hates Teddy Bridgewater. He 100% was the QB of the future in Minnesota till he got injured. An injury so bad there was significant concern he'd lose the leg, and so grotesque some of his teammates dropped down and started sobbing and praying at the sight of it. By the time he fights back the teams totally different and going to the NFCCG without him. And with his head coach convinced they missed the super bowl because his QB at the time didn't have the arm talent to beat the big boys.

Goes to NY, they draft Darnold, who will never be as good as Teddy, and Teddy gets benched.

Traded to N.O. and with decent enough talent he kills it. But he kills it a year too early... Drew's coming back for one more year, and Teddy deserved an honest chance at starting.

He goes to Carolina where the first thing that happens is the teams offensive MVP and one of the best weapons in the game drops out for the season. With no reason to cover the run, Teddy then has to overcome an honestly second rate organization running him out there against 7 dropping and D-lines with their ears pinned back. It does not work well.

Now he's in Denver. Probably the best overall talent he's had at his disposal. When Drew doesn't work out, you'll be happy to put Teddy out there and he'll more than likely do great only to have Aaron Rodgers force a trade to Denver next off-season .

Why? Because the River hates Teddy Bridgewater. Which really sucks cause he's one of the most quality human beings you'll ever meet.
      ​​​​
      Welcome...and good post!

I like Teddy, and I concur with what you say. That injury was a real career "challenger", and I am proud he has made the most of it. I can see him in there if Lock does not show positive signs. And yes, in NO he kept the team afloat when Brees went down. He was a darn good starter that year. Not expecting him to take over the job, but glad he's here.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Welcome...and good post!

I like Teddy, and I concur with what you say. That injury was a real career "challenger", and I am proud he has made the most of it. I can see him in there if Lock does not show positive signs. And yes, in NO he kept the team afloat when Brees went down. He was a darn good starter that year. Not expecting him to take over the job, but glad he's here.
        Yup. The perfect upgrade to our back-up position.

Comment

• Now we have two backups.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Teddy doesn’t thrill me as a starter, but I’m willing to wait and see what happens. I’m personally hoping Lock wins the job, but if Teddy wins out, then he’s probably the better QB. It will be interesting to watch it all unfold.
            sigpic

Comment

• Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• He went 9/9 or something today?

If he wins the job, he deserves to be the starter!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  He went 9/9 or something today?

I am
                  sure all
                  on check downs lol 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I am
                    sure all
                    on check downs lol 😂
                    Hopefully between the two QBs on the team, we can figure out how to make the playoffs this year.

Comment

Hopefully between the two QBs on the team, we can figure out how to make the playoffs this year.

If Teddy starts Denver will have yet another Losing Season just like he did in Carolina. I just hope that it is not Teddy if it is then there really is no hope.

Comment

He went 9/9 or something today?

keep in mind, lock went against the 1st team defense
                        teddy againt 2nd-3rd stringer
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• I hope that Drew Lock improves, and is the starter. But if he falters, I hope that TB can step in and win some games.

I think it's great to have a decent veteran quarterback for a backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

keep in mind, lock went against the 1st team defense
                            teddy againt 2nd-3rd stringer
                            Context is everything. Good point well made

Comment

• I heard Teddy Bridgewater is getting some chemistry with Jerry Jeudy.

That's good news!

Comment

I heard Teddy Bridgewater is getting some chemistry with Jerry Jeudy.

That's good news!

I could see that. Bridgewater throws a more catchable ball and his strengths are more mental than physical. So that could be a deadly combo when he works with a WR that not only flashes open but seems to be able to work his away open against anybody at any time.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                X