Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    I do not think Teddy is a win the game or carry the team kind of guy that everyone wants but tbh there are maybe half of dozen of those kinds of QB in the NFL at any given time. Some QBs are maybe that kind player one year but not that kind of player another year.

From what I have seen most posters are under estimating Teddy imo

Leave a comment:

• Bad_Bubba
    replied
    Things I like about Teddy Bridgewater - high completion percentage (66.5% for his career), good yards per attempt (7.3 YPA for his career), has never thrown more INTs than TDs, His best season was 11-5 with the Vikings before his injury, he was selected to the pro bowl that year. That season the Vikings had a stout defense that allowed less than 20 points per games and a strong running game lead by Adrian Peterson. They did have the 31st ranked offense based on yards per game. Sounds similar to the direction the Broncos are going.

What I don't like about Teddy Bridgewater, lack of passing TDs, he has a really low number of TDs in his career even when he has started most of the games. This also relates to a lack of dynamic plays.

I also don't believe the Broncos are "talking out of both sides of their mouth" as some are saying. The Broncos like Drew Lock but said he has to get better, they also said they were bringing in competition which they have done. Competition to me means there is no clear No.1 starter. Bridgewater is the perfect competition for Lock - he is better than Darnold, Wentz, Foles, etc. but not a clear starter like Stafford would be. I would have liked Winston but I think the turnovers problem was too much for Fangio.

I think adding Bridgewater makes the Broncos 8-8 or better because either Lock is going to start and be really good or Bridgewater is going to start and win a few more games than he loses.

He is not a long term answer (only on a one year contract anyway) but gives you protection if Lock is a bust.
    Last edited by Bad_Bubba; 05-07-2021, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Teddy is a vet who’s started 50 games, been on multiple different teams, and has even been in Shurmur’s offense. He’s easily going to outplay Lock in camp, he’ll step right in like a vet QB and run the offense.

We’ve been down this road before, the camp hero’s like Orton, Keemun, Flacco..... We’re stuck in some kind of bizarre time loop.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Then you’ve literally never watched Teddy Bridgewater play. He’s never had a team picking in the top 5 when starting the majority of a teams games.

LOL 😂 Why do you think Minnesota did not want him back? The New Orleans Saints ? The Carolina Panthers? Have you really ever watched him play? All Teddy is Kyle Orton 2.0, Case 2.0, Joe Falcco 2.0 Just a lousy so called game manager and he cannot even do that right. If you want Denver to lose so you can get a Higher Draft Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft then you start Teddy because he sure is not going to win any games for you. All I can say is that all of my hopes are with Drew and may Drew never miss a game is 2021 and May Drew who has been training with PFM have his Breakout Season and Teddy will yet again looking for another job with yet another sorry team that will think he is all that and a bag of potato chips. How many years has Teddy been in the league 6 years? LOL 😂

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think Teddy Bridgewater is the perfect backup, veteran presence, that we need. He's good, but he's not that good. Drew Lock should not be intimidated about losing his job.

But, if something happens he should be able to step in, and hopefully hold down the fort?

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

If there was one bright spot from the analytics on Drew Lock, it's that he graded out positively on big-time throws (via PFF). This means that he did have success on throws with the highest degree of difficulty and value. This could mean deep balls, tight window throws, completions under pressure, etc. Lock, however, graded out very poorly in terms of turnover-worthy play rate-- which, held up against his positive big-time throw rate, meant that he was labeled as "volatile". I mean the eye test certainly shows that Lock can make plays too. If he can cut down on the turnovers and bad decisions, that would improve his value tremendously (even if nothing else improves).
    I think we started to see that down the stretch after the INT against the Dolphins. It flared up again in the 2nd Chargers game but he definitely started trying harder to make the safe play. At certain points it was almost to a fault and he’d just immediately check it down. I think he’ll start to find a happy medium around the quarter to midway mark this season if he’s starting.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

If there was one bright spot from the analytics on Drew Lock, it's that he graded out positively on big-time throws (via PFF). This means that he did have success on throws with the highest degree of difficulty and value. This could mean deep balls, tight window throws, completions under pressure, etc. Lock, however, graded out very poorly in terms of turnover-worthy play rate-- which, held up against his positive big-time throw rate, meant that he was labeled as "volatile". I mean the eye test certainly shows that Lock can make plays too. If he can cut down on the turnovers and bad decisions, that would improve his value tremendously (even if nothing else improves).
    Hopefully an improved o-line and sturdy running game will make him realize he can make less risky throws. Just glad Wilkerson is gone so he no longer has a RT that’s trying to get him killed on every play. Drew was one of the most sacked QBs last year. Cut that down and he can breath easier and make smarter throws.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied

Agreed. After watching Orton and Siemian, I’ve seen enough game managers. I want a QB that can make some plays. I like Teddy Bridgewater, but he’s not really a playmaker.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    From what I have seen of Bridgwater is a QB that won’t lose the game by taking a risk but he also won’t win a game for the same reason.
    If Lock beats him out it will be a big step for him taking that next step.
    Agreed. After watching Orton and Siemian, I’ve seen enough game managers. I want a QB that can make some plays. I like Teddy Bridgewater, but he’s not really a playmaker.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Then you’ve literally never watched Teddy Bridgewater play. He’s never had a team picking in the top 5 when starting the majority of a teams games.
    From what I have seen of Bridgwater is a QB that won’t lose the game by taking a risk but he also won’t win a game for the same reason.
    If Lock beats him out it will be a big step for him taking that next step.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I highly doubt that he is a Competent Starter lol.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

In the event Jeff Driskel is released, Teddy Bridgewater will have cost Denver a sixth round pick and c.$500k.
    I just saw that the Broncos released Jeff Driskel

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied

He may not scare anyone, but there’s no way he gets us a top 3 pick. At the very worst he’ll keep us hovering around .500. He’s no superstar, but he is a competent starter.
    I highly doubt that he is a Competent Starter lol.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

If that happens then Denver will be drafting in the Top 3 next year because lets be real Teddy scares no one lol.
    He may not scare anyone, but there’s no way he gets us a top 3 pick. At the very worst he’ll keep us hovering around .500. He’s no superstar, but he is a competent starter.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    Lock has competition because he hasn't yet done enough to be the unquestioned starter. If he can't overcome Teddy then Teddy will start. Simple as that.
    If that happens then Denver will be drafting in the Top 3 next year because lets be real Teddy scares no one lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X